The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are you happy that the CP cap will not be increased for the "foreseeable future"?

• Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm around CP 510, so I have a long way to go before reaching max. I liked the idea of constant progression, and while this won't make me stop playing I think it will result in some loss of motivation for me.

That said, and I only started playing last June, I've thought there is a huge disconnect between CP and crafting. I'm a crafter and would love to see crafting expanded, because to see it stop at CP 160 when the max is 810 seems imbalanced. Gear at CP 600 for example may be overpowered and I can't speak to balancing that way, but for me it's that issue of a loss of progression. I'm a master crafter, great, no where left to go on the crafting train now. If I could craft to CP 300, now that's new crafting motivation.

I've also read some other posts and agree that CP 900 is a round number that could have been good to stop at, 300 in each tree.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Vigawatt wrote: »
    I'm around CP 510, so I have a long way to go before reaching max. I liked the idea of constant progression, and while this won't make me stop playing I think it will result in some loss of motivation for me.

That said, and I only started playing last June, I've thought there is a huge disconnect between CP and crafting. I'm a crafter and would love to see crafting expanded, because to see it stop at CP 160 when the max is 810 seems imbalanced. Gear at CP 600 for example may be overpowered and I can't speak to balancing that way, but for me it's that issue of a loss of progression. I'm a master crafter, great, no where left to go on the crafting train now. If I could craft to CP 300, now that's new crafting motivation.

I've also read some other posts and agree that CP 900 is a round number that could have been good to stop at, 300 in each tree.

It doesn't sound like you have a whole lot to be worried about, to be honest, since you're only CP510. You still have 300 points worth of progression to go through, which will take about as much time as the first 510 did. By the time you're at cap, they'll probably have something new worked out.
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am fine with it. Somehow it starts to feel a bit too much. There are already people above the cap, so you just collect empty points.

And when people have so many points, most builds in the cptrees all look alike. I think that cppoints are interesting and meaningful until a certain point. So it is fair and logical to me that they stopped raising it.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Mathematically, the ever-increasing caps are a disaster, because at some point we'll be able to get the 120-point-stars in too many constellations. Something will have to be done.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honesltly, I've felt OP on my magplar dps since 501cp for everything except vet trials, vma and pvp. Okay some vet dlc dungeons can be really hard too with a PUG.

But I hope the players above CP 810 gets something so they get some sort of feeling of progression.
    PvP ranks gives you a new icon tied to your character (which doesn't make you a better player stats wise).
    Maybe CP could change the CP icon every 100th level or so in the same way the PvP icon does. Maybe add some cosmetics along the way for players to strive for.

This way ZOS can have 810 CP in mind as the max CP level, making most of the content easier to balance.
    We could also have harder PVE chapters in the future with recommended CP levels to complete said chapters. This would add more reason for newer players to strive for higher CP to complete the new chapters while also making it so veteran players does not kill every boss in 2 seconds.
    Just my two cents.
    Edited by Jackey on January 19, 2019 12:59AM
    PS | EU
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They could've at least stopped at a rounder number like 900 or 1000.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    yes, until they figure out the cp tree or add another branch or something. we can fit too much into each tree
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure
    I say screw it, just unlock all CP, give everyone their 3600points and allow them to max out all their CP trees, and then and only then will eveyone be happy about the CP system