The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are you happy that the CP cap will not be increased for the "foreseeable future"?

• TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No CP increase this year please.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My CP is in the 900's now. Every time I see it add a new CP I think; "Well that was pointless."

I think they should re balance the CP trees to accommodate high level CP ranks.

Or;

Use the amount of ranks we are over the CP cap to act as a discount for the gold cost of redistributing CP's. So if the player is 150 points above the max, respeccing gets 150 gold cheaper. Etc.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    While i am not a supporter of removing champion points or completely reworking them. I do thing there is a need for improvement and im happy they are pressing pause on it essentially until it is looked at and some changes are made.

I dont now how to rework the system without it pissing off alot of players or being a massive nerf. I hope they find a way to have everyone maintain the current lvls of dps, sustain and defense but also find a way for it not to grow anymore.
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm happy because it means the are probably looking at a complete overhaul of the cp system which i think it needs badly.
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure
    I'm fine with them replace the CP system with something else entirely.

If they do, the XP earned thus far has to mean something, perhaps they can be spent on account upgrades.

Ie ESO + = Craft bag
    CP points can be spent on CraftED bag.

So for X CP points you can buy the following

Lunch box - Stores 200 of any type of crafted (and crown) food, accessible for all characters
    Alchemy pouch - Stores 400 of any type of crafted (and crown) potion and 2000 of any type of crafted (and crown) poison
    Skeleton Key - Player will no longer find lock picks, player can just use a skeleton key +10% chance of forcing the lock.
    Utility belt - Stores unlimited Repair Crates (and crown), Surveys, Edicts, Key Fragments and anything that may constitute a utility item
    Siege bag - Can store all alliance war content, save for Siege items that are not at full HP.

Ontop of utility value, for CP points, players could unlock some of the non combat perks such as faster harvesting, chance for double drop from nodes, etc.

For CP points the player can also

Cash them in for Race change, Appearance Change and Name change tokens.

---

How you can disconnect CP from items is pretty straight forward. Level 50 - CP160 is the item max. Change it so that all character go up to level 100. 100 Attribute points (that equates to the same as what 64 does). All characters double in level. So level 50, becomes level 100. All gear doubles in level too. The gap between levels is reduced, so getting to level 100 does not take twice as long, but about 35% longer than it does to get to level 50 today.

I would not mind CP being used as a currency of sorts. I will say, vertical progression is a must have, so they would need to replace CP with something else.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Fischblut wrote: »
    Next update - all nerfs and no character progression... I will never understand how somebody can like this awful decision :o

There are far more "yes" answers than "no" on this poll, so it might be worth taking some time to try to understand that side of the argument.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I dont care. I dont think ive assigned all my CP on any characters. The CP system is boring allows for no creativity and no reward for effort put into making your character stronger. The lack of a proper leveling system is fine in the SP versions because they have an ending. This one does not so its like running on a never ending treadmill for literally no reason. I feel like a hamster in a wheel.

The entire character building system is crap in this game. It needs a complete overhaul. No customization at all. Everyone can be a master of everything all at the same time but we cant even get a "quick change" so we can quickly swap between roles or pvp and pvp....you know like literally every game in the genre has had for years. Instead we either have to spend 20 minutes manually doing it , gimp our character with a duel role and a broken weapon swap that only works perfectly when you dont need to actually swap weapons, or my personal favorite make a lot of the same character so you dont have to rebuild it every time you want to do something with it.

Maybe Rich will actually log into a competitors game, see how character building is suppose to work and make it happen here. Lets make character building and leveling exciting again for the first time!
    Edited by Anotherone773 on January 18, 2019 6:29AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I dont care. I dont think ive assigned all my CP on any characters. The CP system is boring allows for no creativity and no reward for effort put into making your character stronger. The lack of a proper leveling system is fine in the SP versions because they have an ending. This one does not so its like running on a never ending treadmill for literally no reason. I feel like a hamster in a wheel.

The entire character building system is crap in this game. It needs a complete overhaul. No customization at all. Everyone can be a master of everything all at the same time but we cant even get a "quick change" so we can quickly swap between roles or pvp and pvp....you know like literally every game in the genre has had for years. Instead we either have to spend 20 minutes manually doing it , gimp our character with a duel role and a broken weapon swap that only works perfectly when you dont need to actually swap weapons, or my personal favorite make a lot of the same character so you dont have to rebuild it every time you want to do something with it.

Maybe Rich will actually log into a competitors game, see how character building is suppose to work and make it happen here. Lets make character building and leveling exciting again for the first time!

Well on PC it takes about 5 seconds to swap between character specs courtesy of addons (AlphaGear or Dressing Room for gear and skills, Champion Point Respec for CP).

It would be nice to see this functionality migrate into the base game, though.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It really dosen't matter for an endgame player or for "progression" as little power is left in the system to get anyway. They could give me all 1.4k of my champ points and I don't think I would be 3% stronger. Perhaps the champ points being there but capped will still make the "progression" crowd happy as people can see that you have a billion of them even if you can't place them.

As for the whole player community and health of the game, the change is good. The champ point grind is a big turn off for new players entering the game or old ones returning. They system never should have been added to start with.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on January 18, 2019 7:43AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    We don’t need to be more powerful.
    The progression people see in the cp ends when you reach the cap, so I don’t really see the ”no more progression” as a valid point.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    My two cents,

Personally, I feel most of the power creep is coming from the new sets that they introduce such as Spell strategist, Siroria, Relequen. The little extra diminishing returns of cp is not the real power creep. I wish they would continue to raise the cp cap to say 900-1200 total. If you want to slow it down do 15 a quarter instead of 30 or even 9, but do not stop completely.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    if vertical progression for you means collecting more trivial cp points you simply haven't got a clue about mmo's in the first place.

With 810cp you already no longer have to make any specialization choices to get special bonuses (specialization is the whole reason the cp system was invented for) but rather you can now have it ALL at once. You can put 50 points in ALL the dmge reduction trees at once, have the regen/sustain bonusses and the dmge/healing increase all at once which is OP.

(re)Scaling the exponential cp curve did not fix this. On the contrary it made it worse by making sure that with 810 points available everyone now basically makes the same allround profile and simply becomes allround stronger without having to make any sacrifices or choices.

It was about time for this joke to end
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’m not bothered either way. I’m way passed max on my main account. But it’ll shorter the gap on my alt account.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Power Creep is a thing.
    I don't want what happened to WoW where they kept adding new levels with every expansion
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Power Creep is a thing.
    I don't want what happened to WoW where they kept adding new levels with every expansion

what happened there ? I stopped playing after the Lich King expansion
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    One more nail in the coffin of character progression.

Edit spelling.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on January 18, 2019 3:59PM
    PC EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The problem is, there is no alternative to replace CP. Due to scaling all content becomes... almost worthless if they don't increase the cap anymore. Besides equipment, which comes to a fairly early halt due to it's restriction at 160 CP, you have no incentives to do / repeat content. And that's a shame, because most of the content is very well done.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Ask me again when I reach the CP cap. :D
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    My only issue with it is an OCD thing, I'd rather it be an even 900. That being said, I'm hoping that not moving the CP cap means DLC dungeons won't continually get more and more difficult
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I have hundreds of left over CP so I suppose I'll keep adding to it (how freaking rewarding is that), but I am happy for those that can now reach the current cap a little easier. I did vote no because I think regardless of power creep its a progression we've all grown accustomed to. Nearly everyone is 810 anyhow I'd guess 6/10 players I run into while playing or in town (doesn't mean they're all good players either)...so what you think its going to look like in April?... A new level system... I strongly doubt it. If anything does happen I bet they nerf the %'s each CP tree gives to make things a little more "balanced" don't make me spit out my coffee... :D
    Edited by Odovacar on January 18, 2019 4:27PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure
    I'm indifferent to it. The CP system wasn't done in a way that really enhances the design of my characters, so while there are some nice, things about it, I don't tend to care when the cap increases.
  • kiLLahweSPe
    kiLLahweSPe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    dont care
    Edited by kiLLahweSPe on January 18, 2019 4:30PM
    PC EU

Tick Tock Tormentor - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon Heart - Unchained - Godslayer - Dawnbringer

Pathfinders
    https://pathfinderseso.shivtr.com/

The Lovely Multicolored Ponies
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Don't really care either way. I'm at max CP. I guess I would say I would like more CP because I want all my characters to have passives like Treasure Hunter and the one that makes node collection faster, but that often doesn't fit with a build. But it doesn't feel like a big deal.

I find it bizarre when people feel that not getting 30 more CP (which they presumably collected long ago) leaves them with nothing to do in the game. Might as well play an idle/incremental game if you are just here to see numbers go up. Why bother with content when that apparently adds no value apart from making numbers go up.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    I understand the whole "power creep" thing and the need to do something about it. I was just hoping that one day I'd be able to unlock all the CP passives.

This is exactly the problem with not adding more CP. People are so focused on power creep, something I have no problem with. But there are so many passives that have nothing to do with power creep that require a lot of points in stuff many builds don't really need to unlock. If I want treasure hunter and master harvester on some builds, I have to divert a lot of CP. The more CP, the less the impact of that diversion.

I would like to see the non-power increasing passives changed to earlier unlocks.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Indifferent.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    It really dosen't matter for an endgame player or for "progression" as little power is left in the system to get anyway. They could give me all 1.4k of my champ points and I don't think I would be 3% stronger. Perhaps the champ points being there but capped will still make the "progression" crowd happy as people can see that you have a billion of them even if you can't place them.

As for the whole player community and health of the game, the change is good. The champ point grind is a big turn off for new players entering the game or old ones returning. They system never should have been added to start with.

But having extra CP to use for passives (in trees that don't fit your build) that help them make money to buy pots for raids or PvP does help. It isn't all about power.

I also question the claim that the extra points won't matter when I'm with a magicka DPS that doesn't have enough stamina to bash. As people get more CP, they get to put points in places they completely ignored since the needed stuff is already maxed. Sure, it won't effect DPS much on DDs because they will hit drastic diminishing returns, but it will help them in the places they neglected and that will help the entire group.
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Prior to the stream yesterday, I would have said that "remove CP" or "stop increasing the cap" were some of the most popular suggestions for improving the game.

Now, I'm not so sure. I see a lot of opposition to the idea on the forums.

What do you all think?

Yes.
    The power creep from the ever increasing CP was ridiculous. All of the old veteran trials are now easy. Their hard modes are not hard. VMOL, once a formidable trial that required weeks of work to clear, with those who cleared it commanding respect for their achievement, is now a walk in the park for any organized group, with dro mathra destroyers a common sight in any hub zone.
    This is a sad thing to see.

I think there are two options:

1 - Start rebalancing older content to make up for CP increases. This is flawed because Craglorn trials aren't supposed to be very hard, but if the content is being balanced for ever rising CP levels then it's going to create an opposite problem for more casual, lower CP raiders who find themselves with an ever growing power gap that they need to cross in order to do the content.

2 - Completely tear down the CP system and redo it from the ground up. Don't remove the concept of CP because that would be terrible for people who put near innumerable hours into the game and for those that want a form of end-game levelling progression. But replace it with a system where we get more obvious results, maybe some special abilities similar to those at the top of the trees earned by unlocking x amount of points. I don't know exactly what should replace it, but it needs to be something more thought out and intuitive than "I am now 10% better at elemental damage". This in my opinion is lazy, short sighted and honestly with all the money ZOS must be getting from microtransactions and the huge amount of time and effort put into the game by its loyal players, I think they are capable of much better and I think we deserve much better.
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Power Creep is a thing.

what happened there ? I stopped playing after the Lich King expansion

Stat squashes. I think they had 3 by now (quit sometime near the end of MoP, was still before that madness started, but a few people I know continue playing). Basically at some point people were doing millions of DPS, so they rescaled the game to flatten progression on levels of older expansions and make the numbers reasonable again.

So what this treadmill resulted in is people still doing the same DPS and having the same stats as in TBC after spending 10+ years on progression after that.

With that said, old content is still trivial and new content remains as challenging as ever (if not even more so).

The reason WoW can get away with that though is because there is a lot more content being added than in ESO. It's much more than one proper raid every 2 years, and players aren't forced to do the same dungeons and dailies for 5 years in a row to improve the newly acquired gear. In ESO there would be nothing to do if they followed the same pattern.
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    While I may not be happy with it persay, I do believe it is the best for the games health in the long term. With that said, I really hope they are working on revamping the current system with something that will replace it, without causing such a massive power creep.

Personally, I would love to see class-skill specializations. It would be similar to Champion Points, but it would modify abilities. I'll give an example below.

Assuming your class is a Nightblade, the system would appear to you like this:

(Tree 1) Assassination
    Reaper's Mark: Increases the Healing by 1% per point, but converts to a 6 second HoT

(Tree 2) Shadow

(Tree 3) Siphoning

This would allow players to customize and improve their characters skill without changing the overall power of their character in a way that causes massive power creep. This could be done for Weapon skills and Guild skills too.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    My two cents,

Personally, I feel most of the power creep is coming from the new sets that they introduce such as Spell strategist, Siroria, Relequen. The little extra diminishing returns of cp is not the real power creep. I wish they would continue to raise the cp cap to say 900-1200 total. If you want to slow it down do 15 a quarter instead of 30 or even 9, but do not stop completely.

I understand why you say this, but I'm not sure it's really true.

If we still had Twice-Born Star with the old Thief/Shadow values and the old Major Force (which was 30% multiplicative on top of all other crit damage modifiers), would Relequen/Spell Strat be any stronger?

What if we still had the old Mechanical Acuity pre-nerf?

Or the old NMG/Sunderflame pre-nerf?

Or the old Necropotence pre-nerf?

Or the old vMA daggers pre-nerf?

Or the old BSW pre-nerf?

Or the old Scathing Mage before Twisting Path was "fixed"?

Or any of the proc sets as they used to be before ZOS made their damage non-critable? Monster sets especially.

In other words ... the new gear is so strong (relatively) simply because all of the BiS setups (gear, class skills, group utility skills, etc.) from the past have been nerfed into the ground.

Another counterpoint ... in some content where Siroria isn't ideal because of movement and Spell Strat isn't ideal because you need to cleave and Zaan is useless because you outrange the boss, a lot of people still run ancient BSW/Mother's Sorrow/Skoria type setups and do massive DPS.
    Edited by LiquidPony on January 18, 2019 6:02PM