The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it really a good idea to introduce Cyrodiil mechanics that will INCREASE zergs?

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uncle Sheo giving lag, and cheese& juicy builds. Still dont get why split imp city will improve performance, cause its empty all whole year but in annivesary event.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is for large-scale PvP. It was literally designed for zerging, just like real warfare. If you want small-scale PvP, you have BGs for that.

Yep! Now, if only the servers could handle the large scale warfare and zerging so we could all enjoy playing as designed...

Thats what I'm talking about, zerging is what large scale PVP is thats fine and I actually enjoy running around with big groups taking keeps but what I dont like is the single digit FPS when two groups of a dozen players meet...
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first thought on this was...how the heck is ANYONE gonna be able to pick up said artifact when the ground will be covered in caltrops? Just like a dropped scroll? ROFL. you can't be serious ZoS!!

Simple solution. Instead of a random spawning place, how about a random spawning right to a RANDOM PLAYERS' Hands!!!
    "Sheogorath has blessed you with (name deadric item here)" Go forth and cause chaos!" Comes across your screen in big bold letters... The person should light up like carrying a scroll too.

I would have to go look at the broadcast again, but I "think" there was something about praying involved. Now this could be an option. First person to pray for item at X location gets to wield it first. But again, what happens when that person dies? Dropped item on ground?
    Edited by Dreyloch on January 16, 2019 7:51PM
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, this weapon is to wipe Zergs or emperor!

Its something really interesting comming.

If you do not kill the weapon will consume you.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on January 16, 2019 7:49PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it been said yet if this is going to be on PTS next week or when it will be?
    I am really curious how this actually is going to work. Someone said a good point in one of the other threads;
    They said the person with the artifact has to kill people to feed it or else it kills them. So an easy way to get that guy killed would be to stay far away from him so he has no one to kill.
    I'm trying to hold judgement until I know more & see it in action, but it seems like bad timing for something like this. Fix the performance issues before adding more bells & whistles. But what do I know

I kinda think this won't be until closer to Chapter launch PTS. That's just a guess /shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is for large-scale PvP. It was literally designed for zerging, just like real warfare. If you want small-scale PvP, you have BGs for that.

Are you saying the Allies zerged the beach on dday?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they will add the Laggajack as an artifact after Volendrung.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about that necro rez ultimate though :).
    The pugs that keep coming back to life no matter how many times you kill them.
    Undo death with ult gen tankcro’s
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it is. Best part of Cyrodiil is way too many people fighting.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, this weapon is to wipe Zergs or emperor!

So far, everything put in the game to fight zergs, stacking, or ball groups has helped buff zergs staking and ball groups. Not sure this will be any different.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to worry, Cyrodiil is primarily empty. In Shor for example if you pick that thing up at any point except premium prime time you will die with it because you won't be able to kill enough people lmao.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE:I know a lot of people are against people massing in one area but I actually think this will do the opposite. Keep in mind you have to make the decision to take or defend objectives plus scrolls while an artifact drops. This means there will be multiple places to mass rather than just one or two.

If anything this gives smaller groups the opportunity to farm larger groups with their own personal emp.

I like your optimism!