The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Elsweyr prepurchase Asia

• kieranmon
    kieranmon
    Hey everyone,

We're looking into this. If you don't mind replying with what country you're purchasing from, that would be helpful.

Thank you.

I don't want to be rude but you could easily look up what went wrong with the morrowind release in the ps4 SE Asian stores, when you guys messed up the first time. It's on the same website if you're looking for it. I'll link it if you can't find it.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    We also can't find Elsweyr in Taiwan's PS store.
    https://store.playstation.com/zh-hant-tw/search/elder%20scrolls%20online

Edited by EIGHTS on June 4, 2019 10:42PM
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    It's still not up in the PSN Asia (Malaysia) store. Jun 6th 9:51am +8GMT
  • Inglorioushero69
    Inglorioushero69
    Soul Shriven
    It's still not up in the PSN Asia (Singapore) store. Jun 6th 8:30pm +8GMT. Sitting tight for updates, thanks for acknowledging this @ZOS_SarahHecker Sitting tight for the good news!
  • okidokisg
    okidokisg
    It's a ploy to make money: they have time to make a consious effort to put a 50% discount on the base game (including Somerset) but to NOT make Elsweyr available...so sad and a perfect example of the corporate money-hungry-mindedness that pollutes Singapore (not saying this to cause conflict, just saying what's true).
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    okidokisg wrote: »
    It's a ploy to make money: they have time to make a consious effort to put a 50% discount on the base game (including Somerset) but to NOT make Elsweyr available...so sad and a perfect example of the corporate money-hungry-mindedness that pollutes Singapore (not saying this to cause conflict, just saying what's true).

It's not just Singapore.
  • kieranmon
    kieranmon
    Still waiting for release. Just posting to keep this from sliding to 2nd page. Not as many people posting in this thread compared to the similar one from morrowind.
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    Disappointing. I want to give my money to get this DLC on PS4, even after getting it on PC like I usually do with all expansions but yet this time think I may pass. It's been almost 5 days since the official release? Jun 9th at 3:37 am +8 GMT just checked the Malaysia Playstation store again. I keep checking the store a few times daily. Not worth my time or money for now. Moving on to other games for now at least on PS4.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    PSN Store doesn't have major updates every day. As I recall, it's two-three times per week (not on weekends commonly). Though, considering the fact they didn't bother to check on this for half a year and the speed they tend to solve issues as such (or ANY issues) - I'd say couple of weeks or a month (if ever). With E3 coming, might be even longer.
  • okidokisg
    okidokisg
    My issue is with ZOS that they won't allow linking our ESO account/characters to a new psn ID. I mean what about people who move to a new country?
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    It's not exactly their issue but Sony's, to be honest, but I don't wanna relink, I wanna have it on my account dammit.
  • mochicake
    mochicake
    ✭✭
    aishsha wrote: »
    PSN Store doesn't have major updates every day. As I recall, it's two-three times per week (not on weekends commonly). Though, considering the fact they didn't bother to check on this for half a year and the speed they tend to solve issues as such (or ANY issues) - I'd say couple of weeks or a month (if ever). With E3 coming, might be even longer.

Well for example a few days ago for Destiny 2 it went instantly live once the announcement vidoc/livestream was over for their new expansion. Literally the moment the stream ended you go to Steam, PSN, their store it was available for pre-order. We couldn't pre-order Elsweyr for months from the launch (half a year ago!) and then now after launch days ticking away and nothing is happening. It will show up suddenly one day (weeks, months later?) and we will be overjoyed to finally play so we will just take it? Not sure whose fault it is between ZOS or Sony or PSN Asia but it's not cool for us huge ESO fans that are stuck with these PSN Asia accounts.
  • darksoulsboy
    darksoulsboy
    Soul Shriven
    An open letter to ZO, Bethesda and ESO in general.

CC: ZOS_SarahHecker,

To whom it may concern,

First of all, I have been an ESO player for four years now and I keep supporting ESO because it's a great game and I have met a lot of friends because of the game, but honestly I am quite disappointed and frustrated on how you treat your Asian account user. Since the launch of Morrowind, there are a lot of players like me who are looking forward to new chapters including the freebies that we can get from pre-selling. I always check the psn store for the possibilities that I can already buy the pre-selling but that is not always the case like what is happening right now for Elsweyr. All I am asking is your equal treatment for all your users we are customers also, I have been an ESO Plus member as long as I can remember. The very least that you can do is to make sure that new chapters, DLC are available not just in the US or other continents but in SEA also. This is so disappointing and frustrating. I hope you can address the issue the sooner the better, Not to mention you should give the chance for the SEA user to buy the presell Elsweyr so we can also enjoy the freebies. Again we are also your customer, and like any other services, we deserve good customer service.

Thank you and hope for your favorable response.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    mochicake wrote: »

Well for example a few days ago for Destiny 2 it went instantly live once the announcement vidoc/livestream was over for their new expansion. Literally the moment the stream ended you go to Steam, PSN, their store it was available for pre-order. We couldn't pre-order Elsweyr for months from the launch (half a year ago!) and then now after launch days ticking away and nothing is happening. It will show up suddenly one day (weeks, months later?) and we will be overjoyed to finally play so we will just take it? Not sure whose fault it is between ZOS or Sony or PSN Asia but it's not cool for us huge ESO fans that are stuck with these PSN Asia accounts.

Things like this are ALWAYS done beforehand (like I'm 100% sure they did with destiny or FFXIV or Rage or any other game, and for which ZOS had all the time in the world to do should they care). The most humiliating thing would be to havce the next plot dlc (most likely expansion-based) without the major expansion - though, I won't be surprised :)
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    mochicake wrote: »
    ESO fans that are stuck with these PSN Asia accounts.

It doesn't matter what account we use. If you sell something (and promote with discounts and plus membership or whatsoever), you are supposed to provide complete services and not a piece of this and part of that (like, for instance, we can only order 6 months membership and not a year like the rest of the world and some other stuff like wallpapers). Should I have known about this kind of support when I passed from PC and started over from the scratch on the console back in 2017, I would have stayed on PC or just quit completely.

• Lorkhai
    Lorkhai
    ✭✭
    No-show / delay has completely sucked out the excitement and anticipation of the Elsweyr chapter. It won't be the same sort of experience when it does (if it does) launch for us in Asia. Disappointing.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Lorkhai wrote: »
    No-show / delay has completely sucked out the excitement and anticipation of the Elsweyr chapter. It won't be the same sort of experience when it does (if it does) launch for us in Asia. Disappointing.

Yepp. Second to that. Just occasionally go in for dailies and that's about it. Completely killed the joy, especially considering that Khajiits are the major reason I was into ES universe originally.
  • Lorkhai
    Lorkhai
    ✭✭
    Yepp. Second to that. Just occasionally go in for dailies and that's about it. Completely killed the joy, especially considering that Khajiits are the major reason I was into ES universe originally.

What seems quite remarkable to me is that ZOS is seemingly unaware of how and where their product is sold. Although I, and many others, suspect some breakdown in communication with Sony - it still seems quite amazing from a sales and marketing perspective that a company does not realize all the channels its product is available/unavailable in.

Sadly we won't know since there is no indication what the hold up is. We can only rightly or wrongly blindly speculate on what has caused this glaring omission for us in Asia.
    Edited by Lorkhai on June 11, 2019 2:01PM
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    F76 - some minor E3 bundle - released next day after the Bethesda's presentation. Elsweyr? Of course, not!
  • Kentea
    Kentea
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, till now not even a clue about what's going on? That aside I'm still looking forward to Elsweyr, just kinda less hyped now :'(
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Kentea wrote: »
    Hmm, till now not even a clue about what's going on? That aside I'm still looking forward to Elsweyr, just kinda less hyped now :'(

Next year. As a dlc. Maybe. If you're lucky. :p
  • Inglorioushero69
    Inglorioushero69
    Soul Shriven
    I think they are working on it, usually takes a couple of weeks at least so likely late June. Hopefully we get an update again soon for patiently waiting!
  • kieranmon
    kieranmon
    Checking in again to bump thread and to see if there are any updates.
  • SingaSaint
    SingaSaint
    Soul Shriven
    Frankly, it's pathetic that after what happened with previous DLC they screw it up again with Elsweyr. I can't think of another global business that can completely overlook a region and despite prompting, only get to it on the launch day of the product - unbelievable in todays connected world.
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Happy two-weeks anniversary, fans! They love us so expect more pleasant surprises in the future! All for the community!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it possible to play Elsweyr chapter by the end of 2019 ? ;)
  • aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Happy two-weeks anniversary, fans! They love us so expect more pleasant surprises in the future! All for the community!
    ccfeeling wrote: »
    Is it possible to play Elsweyr chapter by the end of 2019 ? ;)

A new year's gift. But I say next year still. As a dlc. Maybe.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    June 24th... And still no expansion in asia. E3 finished 10 days ago - can we get an official update please?

Some questions we have are:

1. Will you make an Asia pre-order bonus edition that we can get even if the game is out?
    2. Will you give us some codes for the pre-order we lost out on?
    3. How do we make sure this doesn't happen next year? What steps are being taken to avoid a third round of this?
    Edited by Fexelea on June 24, 2019 2:30AM
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• aishsha
    aishsha
    ✭✭✭
    Fexelea wrote: »
    June 24th... And still no expansion in asia. E3 finished 10 days ago - can we get an official update please?

1. Will you make an Asia pre-order bonus edition that we can get even if the game is out?
    3. How do we make sure this doesn't happen next year? What steps are being taken to avoid a third round of this?

Ain't no staff, but been facing this since the console transfer so, most likely:

1. Nope - just collector's edition upgrade might be available if you're lucky.
    2. You won't.
    3. You can't since this already happened before - they never learn and don't wanna learn.
  • kieranmon
    kieranmon
    Fexelea wrote: »

If you guys have questions, search for the thread when they forgot to release Morrowind in Asia the first time. People made new accounts, I'm sure some quit the game. When it was finally released we didn't get anything "bonus", just full price on an expansion that was already old. I said this before in this thread but there was a lot more of an uproar for Morrowind. I'm sceptical if they still release this expansion before everyone can just get it through eso plus. The communication is terrible.