The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

It's Official. No Champion Point increase next Update. Thank you Rich for listening!

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    So can I get an option to turn my 1135 cp into inventory capacity?

...or journal quest capacity...i'll probably hit 1100 either tonight or tomorrow...

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind here, that we are dangerously close to the CP level players were at before devs decided a cap was needed in the first place.

Even if we didnt want the CP cap to stay put, from a balance standpoint, they had to stop it and rethink the system. Think of it this way, at current max level I can get 20% crit hit dmg+13% mag damage+23% direct+10% dot+4k penetration while also having 23% direct dmg mitigation, 1500 crit resists, 6-11% physical/ele mitigation, and still have enough for either 1642 resists or 4% healing received.

CRAZY to think this was ok to begin with lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    The CP will be raised for the next chaper, just not for this DLC.

That is not what was said. Rich said they would not be raising CP again in the foreseeable future. As they just spent time taking us through the plans for 2019 through Q3 which includes the chapter, where did you get they were raising the CP on the chapter but not the DLC?
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes the end game progression. What seperates the hardcore from the casuals. Lazy fix is right.

Could have done way better. Disappointed.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

Also they will not be taking CP away, to many players have to much time vested in it, it would be one of the few things that really would kill this game.

This same BS line of complianing was around when we had Veteran Ranks. When they announced it was going away those short sighted cheered believing that was the end of vertical prograssion. I warned them then that it would never happen and that what will happen will just be another system of vertical progression, well sure enough we got CP.

It seems I get to say this again, mark my words we will either see another CP increase OR just another vertical progression system, either way you will always have some sort of leveling system to chase after.

No MMORPG can survive without some sort of vertical progression, wether you like this or not it is just a fact, the nature of the beast so to speak.

You can bet on this.

They stated that they do not intend on raising it any more in the forseeable future...they also said that they may revisit the topic at some later time, but don't expect the cap to be raised for the next chapter, or possibly this year even, unless players revolt, and from the comments I see on the forums here about cp power creep, that ain't a'happenin'...

...some sort of vertical progression, i'd grant you...but whether it's resuming CP or something else, it's certainly not going to appear as quickly as next chapter, based on the definitive comments they made today...

• Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is not what was said. Rich said they would not be raising CP again in the foreseeable future. As they just spent time taking us through the plans for 2019 through Q3 which includes the chapter, where did you get they were raising the CP on the chapter but not the DLC?

You sure put a lot of faith in the phrase forseable future, somehow you take that to mean all 2019 when it could just as easily mean until after the DLC.

Odds are the DLC is ready but the chapter is not, ergo forseable could just as likely mean the next DLC as they probably do not even have the chatper ready (forseen if you wish) yet.
    Edited by Skwor on January 16, 2019 12:53AM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OH man here come all the "BUT MUH POINTS" cries.

My beautiful fake, meaningless, vertical progression treadmill points!!!!!1!!!!

What will I ever do if I can't log in when the new update hits and increase my elemental damage by 0.002%
    How will I feel useful to my raid guild?

You are all on a treadmill. While you happily invested more and more points into damage and sustain. ZOS was busy nerfing Helping Hands passive from DK, Leeching strikes passive from nightblade, dark deal from sorc. Making class abilities more homogenized and less unique, all to pay for the power gained by the champion system.

You were getting buffs from one system and then getting your class skills nerfed from the other and some of you still want more fake imaginary points. Im sure ZOS can implement something to spend your points on that doesn't destabilize the game.
    You can blame PvP for that, every "homogenizing" move by any dev is an attempt to balance PvP.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH NO!

I was hoping for 1080. 720 would have been better, IMO. But stopping at 810. WTF. It's just an OCD thing. Some will understand.

I may have to quit the game.
  • Neoicelord
    Neoicelord
    ✭✭✭
    Then what is the point in even playing the game? i play mmorpgs to get STRONGER as i do more content, if this entire "expansion" is just for lore/story and not for increasing my toon's power, i am done. Sick of mmorpgs being dumbed down for the mainstream/casual people.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind if accumulated CP's could be turned in to keys to access certain areas, keys that would be consumed on use. maybe 10cp per key or something. That way people who don't mind a bit of a grind can use those points for something fun instead of just stacking them up.

Another option would be to trade in Champion points for set gear that you don't want to bother farming but would like to have for trying new builds. So if you enjoy questing or pvp or whatever you can get buy sets for cp without having to run the same god dam dungeon over and over.
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, years of work, down the drain. 1610 CP, 810 usable, eventually none. That BETTER count for SOMETHING toward whatever replacement eventually goes in place of it. -_-
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they should just cap it to where you can’t put any in any tree lol. Whatever that amount would be. An achievement, with a title and some sort of permanent buff.

Like this: say 900 is the soft cp cap. After that any cp gained is character bound. Then any cp gained afterwards can be applied to any tree until it’s full by 1 character only (spread around multiple characters if you have a lot). Then a title, achievement, permanent lil extra buff). All rewards for grinding out that cp.

Power creep is really not so bad as ZOS just makes the dlc content harder. There has to be some sort of progression from being a low level (where crap scales you) to the higher levels. The worst games in the world are ones where everything scales to you and you’re fighting for your life every time you aggro a mudcrab.

PvP is where cp is at its best. Fighting max level players gives noobs something to shoot for. You can nerf this buff that, cap cp but you are never going to balance skill.
  • tunepunk
    tunepunk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another idea would be to turn excess CP to levels when creating a new character. Let's say 100-200cp for a lvl 50 char? I'd happily use some of my CP for that instead of leveling new toons.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also they will not be taking CP away, to many players have to much time vested in it, it would be one of the few things that really would kill this game.

This same BS line of complianing was around when we had Veteran Ranks. When they announced it was going away those short sighted cheered believing that was the end of vertical prograssion. I warned them then that it would never happen and that what will happen will just be another system of vertical progression, well sure enough we got CP.

It seems I get to say this again, mark my words we will either see another CP increase OR just another vertical progression system, either way you will always have some sort of leveling system to chase after.

No MMORPG can survive without some sort of vertical progression, wether you like this or not it is just a fact, the nature of the beast so to speak.

You can bet on this.

No endgame player gave a *** about CP progression. It literally added nothing to the game.

Most players are over the cap, and if they aren't, it just takes 2-3 hours to reach the new cap.

The progression in this game is completing new content and acquiring new BiS gear.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 16, 2019 1:09AM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There goes the end game progression. What seperates the hardcore from the casuals. Lazy fix is right.

CP doesn't separate the casuals from the hardcore. It just separates the ultra-casuals from the casuals. It is already trivially easy to hit max CP.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoicelord wrote: »
    Then what is the point in even playing the game? i play mmorpgs to get STRONGER as i do more content, if this entire "expansion" is just for lore/story and not for increasing my toon's power, i am done. Sick of mmorpgs being dumbed down for the mainstream/casual people.

I know this may come as a surprise to you, but the lazy CP system doesnt differentiate the hardcore from the casuals. If anything its the CP system that is dumbing down the game to a level of stupidity.

And no there is no sense of progression with this stupid system. Being automatically at the CP cap whenever they increase the cap isnt progression. This is like the only valid reason in favour of the current CP system that is brought up every single time and it literally fails even at that. Thats how big of a failure this system is.
    Edited by pieratsos on January 16, 2019 1:11AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who wants level progression in an RPG. So outdated.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭

You sure put a lot of faith in the phrase forseable future, somehow you take that to mean all 2019 when it could just as easily mean until after the DLC.

Odds are the DLC is ready but the chapter is not, ergo forseable could just as likely mean the next DLC as they probably do not even have the chatper ready (forseen if you wish) yet.

They presented some pretty good detail for their plans for the rest of the year. In fact, although specifics for each quarter may not be cast in stone yet, they presented the entire thing in the context of a complete story arc covering the entire year, complete with story arc name, "Season of the Dragon". To me, that puts foreseeable future at the end of this year.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The progression in this game is completing new content and acquiring new BiS gear.

Finally someone gets it. That is horizontal progression. These vertical progression treadmill people that just want to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel more powerful, just dont get it.

YOU DONT GET MORE POWERFUL. Its an illusion. Stop wanting fake progression points.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... horizontal progression ...

Is not a thing. You don't move forwards sideways. You just move... sideways.

• Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what to do with my 1.5k CP? I mean until now at least 30 of them got useful each update, now I will continue to collect them but for what exactly? I agree with those who say its a lazy solution. Any kind of rework of the current CP system would have been better than this :neutral:
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    ... horizontal progression ...

Is not a thing. You don't move forwards sideways. You just move... sideways.

My horizontal ladder approves this message. ;)
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Finally someone gets it. That is horizontal progression. These vertical progression treadmill people that just want to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel more powerful, just dont get it.

YOU DONT GET MORE POWERFUL. Its an illusion. Stop wanting fake progression points.

Wow since when is moving to the side going forward. How exactly does one advance to the next goal if all they ever do iis sidestep?

Horizonatal progression only in an MMORPG will kill the game, just how many people do you think pay hundreds if not thousands of dollars to read an animated graphic novel? That is all this game would be with no vertical progression.

I for one sure won’t keep subbing and paying micro transactions for a point and click game which is bascially what all you anti vertical progression people want.
    Edited by Skwor on January 16, 2019 1:27AM
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rilis wrote: »
    So what to do with my 1.5k CP? I mean until now at least 30 of them got useful each update, now I will continue to collect them but for what exactly? I agree with those who say its a lazy solution. Any kind of rework of the current CP system would have been better than this :neutral:

this might be the first step toward something different to replace it, although i don't have a clue to what that may be...I started playing spring of 2016 and i'll hit 1100 probably later tonite, but much of that was from grinding event XP buffs, and gathering together a bunch of high XP quests ready to turn in, then using a pot or scroll & turning them all in quickly...

• MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your remaining CP (and all CP gained hereafter) should be converted into a currency that can be spent on resetting your Champion Point distribution instead of gold.

Furthermore, would like to see it reworked so there's not one single unlock that's a simplistic "Do X% more damage". Instead I want 100 talents and you can only pick 10 at once. They would be things like "Allows your Bolt Escape to cause your next dodge-roll to be reduced by 20%" or something. Should be class-specific to make it easier to balance.
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on January 16, 2019 1:30AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your remaining CP (and all CP gained hereafter) should be converted into a currency that can be spent on resetting your Champion Point distribution instead of gold.

Stupid and pointless, gold is way easier to earn, why have a redundent system to pay for a cp reset and why spend cp when gold is much more abundent?
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Been there done that. That's 90% of MMORPGs and they have an inherent design flaw where they cannibalize their older content. Rather than an arbitrary number that just makes everything easier automatically, I'd prefer to unlock new ways to play in a dynamic sandbox.

At the very least would like there to be one part of the game, separated from the rest of PVE (which can continue being a treadmill for those who prefer that) that functions this way.
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So now everyone is still going to be chasing after the same sets they would have been? Or are we getting active passives or something? I missed the stream.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP also allows flexibility in the game which diverts from a rigid class system. Expect to see more "nerf that class" threads as distinction betweens the classes grow.

In addition, they said they dont see how or when they can do "class change" tokens. This becomes problematic as a large set of players spend 6 months training mounts, 1 year doing research on a toon, spending considerable time and effort doing questing and skill point hunting to level and round out their toons. Class rigidity too often punishes this group of players and they end up leaving the game rather than starting over.

Food for thought.

Yeah, I really doubt the nerfing zergs will go away when and if CP does. Nerfing is based on, for the most part, misunderstanding the opponent's weaknesses and advantages of your own.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Been there done that. That's 90% of MMORPGs and they have an inherent design flaw where they cannibalize their older content. Rather than an arbitrary number that just makes everything easier automatically, I'd prefer to unlock new ways to play in a dynamic sandbox.

That's nice. Are you getting these alternative ways to play? Not really. So before you start cheering, just have a think about what it is you are getting, because, prima facie, it appears to be sitting somehere between nothing and 9/10ths of SFA. Dreadfully exciting, isn't it. Definitely something to applaud. Bravo, zos. BRAVO!!!

This signals the beginning of the end.