The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[PvP] Dragonknight class

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
According to me DKs are underperforming in every role in PvP.

Can anyone share a build that is really strong for DKs and if you use the same build on another class it will be weaker? As DKs are my love, I tried to find a build that is decent but everything that came to my mind works well better on other classes.

Why DKs underperform according to me:
  • Expensive class skills
  • PvE passives
  • Overnerfed skills with the years

One option could be an Acid Spray build but I am still not convinced.
Because I can!
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 5 years, I ve stoped with DK in PVP.

I ve tried everything.

Am not a really good player but its hopeless compared to how easier other class like NB/Sorc/Warden/ whatever are ...

• gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. Im moving from magsorc to magdk and its very amusing. Had some work to get used to melee.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    Fury 7th BS
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDK, Shacklebreaker, Skoria, Burning Spellweave/Silk of the Sun. 5 Light - 1 - 1
    Destro - Restro

it is awesome
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • ZeroC
    ZeroC
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria, wyrd, surge...
    s&b + inferno
    Je größer der Dachschaden, desto schöner der Blick in den Himmel!

PC/EU Cireil - PVE/PVP Mag-DK

Gildenratsmitglied Cadwells Löwen
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Well. Im moving from magsorc to magdk and its very amusing. Had some work to get used to melee.

I did the other way around and I found Sorc really well designed class for burst with these executes.
    biggda76 wrote: »
    Fury 7th BS

So you want to tell me that this is setup is better on sDk than on stamina warden?
    Because I can!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZeroC wrote: »
    Skoria, wyrd, surge...
    s&b + inferno

This set up on templat will be better, you can replace wyrd with another set.
    Because I can!
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pariah+Skoria+BSW is working for me - mdk
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    @Bashev yes, more constant access to major mending with same weapon damage is better. For stamden you'll be better of with VD. Honestly though what is your problem? StamDen has shalks which is aoe burst skill and DK doesn't. So? Doesn't mean class is bad, I feel better on sDK rather than on sDen solo but other way around in group. But yes I believe Fury 7th BS is better on DK even in group whilst on warden I'd go more of VD esque setup :)
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For magdks axiom and burningm spellweave, but also silk of the sun are very strong sets, which also do not fit other magclasses that well. Also a set like bloofthorn's touch is very efficient.

Current stamdk meta sets are as said 7th, fury and BS. Saying, that this sets work better on stamdens is not true, just because stamdens are currently a stronger group and pug slayer class than stamdks. Also a stamdk actually sees more benefits using those sets than a stamden, since they have access to minor brutality further amplifying the gained weapon damage and also restore resources by suing an ultimate (which happens more frequently by using BS). So in that regard, 7th, BS and fury work better on stamdks, but stamdens are generally the stronger class for open world pvp (in a 1v1 situation those sets works too and there stamdks perform better than stamdens).
  • biggda76
    biggda76
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Checkmath <3
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Checkmath <3

Whut?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

Thats where I am - somehow melee just isn’t my cup of tea. Playing Sorc since release just makes it hard to get used to other stuff.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i also deleted mine after 3 years,my high elf magblade does it all better (destro-resto)
    tip: psijic skills help a lot in pvp.whatever you choose,spend some time to max it out
    Edited by method__01 on January 15, 2019 11:34AM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bashev @amir412 This is the build video, but in its description you’ll see links to it in action. This is v3.
    https://youtu.be/OiXyA0evWZg
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on January 15, 2019 12:57PM
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fury 7th BS

yes
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like MagDK in PvP, but I regularly play a 7th Legion/Viper/Bloodspawn 2h + S&B StamDK in BGs and I find it effective and strong.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anybody ever try swamp raider with a sdk? Maybe axiom and swamp raider?
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say magDK lack some serious stuff currently and tbf im not going to bother with that class.

On the other hand my stamDK in duels is really strong this patch, but i feel like it lacks some stuff for open world.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Anybody ever try swamp raider with a sdk? Maybe axiom and swamp raider?

No...just no. Stamdks rely on weapon abilities too much to justify such sets. They do not buff healing not spammables.
    amir412 wrote: »
    I'd say magDK lack some serious stuff currently and tbf im not going to bother with that class.

On the other hand my stamDK in duels is really strong this patch, but i feel like it lacks some stuff for open world.

Like what? More aoe damage to pressure multiple targets simultaniously (like warden shalks) rather than applying single targets skills to each enemy?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use rending, ST, and critical rush. Only weapons skills I use. The rest are dk skills, which are the poison morphs. That's why I wondered how it would work if it would at all.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll look for more.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Like what? More aoe damage to pressure multiple targets simultaniously (like warden shalks) rather than applying single targets skills to each enemy?

Magicka DK already have that skill - inhale. The difference is that shalk cost 2.4k magicka while inhale is 4050k magicka.
    Because I can!
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

Magicka DK already have that skill - inhale. The difference is that shalk cost 2.4k magicka while inhale is 4050k magicka.

The question was about stamdks, not magdks. Sry for the confusion.
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    mDK, Shacklebreaker, Skoria, Burning Spellweave/Silk of the Sun. 5 Light - 1 - 1
    Destro - Restro

it is awesome

I second that motion. Except I use dual flame staves and bounce between Grothdaar and Zaan depending on how I feel. Also my Shacklebreaker is in heavy. I do 5 light when I wear both BSW and Silks together.
    Edited by Daedric_NB_187 on January 15, 2019 1:42PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

The question was about stamdks, not magdks. Sry for the confusion.

Mobility, and burst.
    Burst will always win over dots in the current meta open world.
    While DK's need to go face to face to apply multipile dots which consider time (Time which cost u to take damage). Warden can just kite around, load the sub and come back with DB execute combo.
    Edited by amir412 on January 15, 2019 2:29PM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdk is pretty strong right now in this meta, fotm. Stam dk could use a little help in certain areas (such as aoes) but it’s not that bad of a class. If anything it’s lacking in group play rather than small scale and solo.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag DK is fine, hybrid has been made a very viable option by @SkysOutThizeOut as see above, but if you want to go straight stamina there isn’t a whole lot of options. It’s pretty much go super tanky and wear them down or go home. Similar to Stam sorcs they jsut have no class burst and since dizzy swing is pretty much a none option these days it’s tough. But any changes would have to be done carefully becuse unlike Stam sorcs, Stam DKs still have a couple of very strong dots, Major fracture, major mending, minor brutality, and imo better passives, or at least more passives. So, they don’t need much, just a bit of burst.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Based on the most opinions in the topic it looks like that most of the people who play DK are quite satisfied with the class' toolkit.

It looks like that the problem is in my playstyle, I guess I could't adapt after all the changes. At least I am glad that I found Sorc and Wardens as another solution for me to enjoy the game.
    Because I can!
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're trying to play a dk like a warden or a nightblade then of course they do it better. Play to the dks strengths and youll do fine.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're trying to play a dk like a warden or a nightblade then of course they do it better. Play to the dks strengths and youll do fine.

So according to you what are DK's strengths?
    Because I can!