Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO forum mystery what are these mysterious icons mean?

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    its mnek and snek
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re transmutation circles.

Ed...ward?
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    near as i can tell the daedric writing is gibberish

just translates to letters
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bottom second from left is the same symbol as necro from the datamined store icons
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my forum icon. Duh
  • stojekarcub18_ESO
    stojekarcub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    We now can get an achievement for necro'ing a thread.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Just a side thought, if they ever did bring Spellcrafting it would be pretty cool, and easy, to line up the 6 classes with the 5 schools of magic (yup, that's how I meant to say it), by giving each class a School affinity appropriate to them.
    • Templars - Restoration
    • Dragonknights - Destruction
    • Sorcerers - Conjuration
    • Nightblades - Illusion
    • Wardens - Alteration (remember back to the old games where the alteration school symbol is a tree caught between seasons, it's very fitting as Wardens deal with nature and Alteration changes natural things between their different states).
    • Necromancers - the Conjuration subschool of Necromancy

It appears the spell glyphs shown in the OP which contain the class symbols are already being used in-game in a similar manner.

if spellcrafting happens, i hope not this way. i don’t wantto be limited to just one kind of spell. my sorc is a destruction sorc, not a conjurerer. so hopefully if spellcrafting does come, the classes won’t be limited to only one type of spell. that would just be awful
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    Just a side thought, if they ever did bring Spellcrafting it would be pretty cool, and easy, to line up the 6 classes with the 5 schools of magic (yup, that's how I meant to say it), by giving each class a School affinity appropriate to them.
    • Templars - Restoration
    • Nightblades - Illusion
    • Wardens - Alteration (remember back to the old games where the alteration school symbol is a tree caught between seasons, it's very fitting as Wardens deal with nature and Alteration changes natural things between their different states).

It appears the spell glyphs shown in the OP which contain the class symbols are already being used in-game in a similar manner.

if spellcrafting happens, i hope not this way. i don’t wantto be limited to just one kind of spell. my sorc is a destruction sorc, not a conjurerer. so hopefully if spellcrafting does come, the classes won’t be limited to only one type of spell. that would just be awful

"a School affinity" doesn't mean you'd be limited to just one kind of spell. It means you get a bonus for a particular school.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 15, 2019 2:36AM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Templars - Restoration
    • Nightblades - Illusion

Prior to Morrowind, Necromancy was a separate skill line. Also, Alteration and Thaumaturgy were rolled together in TES3. Mysticism was rolled into Alteration with Skyrim (I think.) I forget what all the changes were over the years.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just chose that for my avatar. Though I will probably change it back to the basic one after a bit. lol