The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Secondary Harddrive installation

Sethro_27
Sethro_27
✭✭
First youtube video stated that you need to make a Zenimax Online folder in the harddrive then run the installation process did this. Game won't update.
Second thing I tried that someone a long time ago suggested was run as an administrator did that. Game won't update.
Third thing I tried. Tried installing it again on secondary harddrive and running as administrator. Game won't update.
I don't know what else to do. I am installing to a secondary hard drive programs file. Don't see what I could be doing wrong. I just run the automatic installer no manual install. Running the installer from the website not my disc. Any suggestions or ideas I was hoping to at least be back for the Season of the Dragon.
I *** slap harder than you punch.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Try downloading or moving the ESO launcher to the drive you want to install ESO on. Run the launcher from that drive and see if you now have the option to complete the install.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, the launcher is already installed on the hard drive it is being ran from. I have it installed where I want it to be. The programs folder of the secondary hard drive and the launcher seems to just freeze. I get the maintenance notification over the launcher and I cannot even click the close button on the notification. I ran as administrator and this did not work as well.
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    I looked at my other program files and discovered that a folder named "The Elder Scrolls Online" is there. It has the file "depot" in it. Is that why? It's patching and updating to the right folder?
    It saved it under the opposite program file.
    Edited by Sethro_27 on January 15, 2019 3:27AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Sethro_27

You may need to fully uninstall in order to get ESO to install to the correct location on your second drive. Please let us know if you have any issues uninstalling and then installing again.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    I uninstalled and reinstalled after making a folder in the Zenimax Online folder and it loaded a few times with errors and stalled a few times. After running it back n forth I was able to get it to work. Thanks BillE!