Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random Dungeon Finder Exploit Ruining Experience For People Queuing for Specific Dungeons

KayEnBee
KayEnBee
This exploit of people queueing for a random dungeon and then teleporting to Fungal Grotto 1 has a negative trickle on effect for people who have queued for a specific dungeon to get gear.

Today my partner and I queued for Scalecaller Peak (on normal - come ON guys it's not even hard AND it's a daily today too) and 2 jerks who'd queued for a Random ported to FG1 even though I'd specifically said I needed Jorvuld's. They didn't care and went and completed FG1 and left the group so now I can't even queue for more people without having to start the dungeon all over again.

This is rubbish and shouldn't be allowed, the whole point of the dungeon finder is to get a group to complete content - ESPECIALLY ones you have specifically queued for.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Unfortunately, don't expect ZOS to fix this. They have been well aware of it for a long time.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KayEnBee wrote: »
    This exploit of people queueing for a random dungeon and then teleporting to Fungal Grotto 1 has a negative trickle on effect for people who have queued for a specific dungeon to get gear.

Today my partner and I queued for Scalecaller Peak (on normal - come ON guys it's not even hard AND it's a daily today too) and 2 jerks who'd queued for a Random ported to FG1 even though I'd specifically said I needed Jorvuld's. They didn't care and went and completed FG1 and left the group so now I can't even queue for more people without having to start the dungeon all over again.

This is rubbish and shouldn't be allowed, the whole point of the dungeon finder is to get a group to complete content - ESPECIALLY ones you have specifically queued for.

If I may be allowed to hijack this thread -- what kind of build are you farming Jorvuld's for? :)
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not understand. Why did you not leave group once they ported to FG1?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I do not understand. Why did you not leave group once they ported to FG1?

I think if i read it right, they were already half way the dungeon.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just started my dungeon journey and farming sets and experienced this exploit by other players for the first time last night twice. Annoying. I don't get reward & exp because I select my own dungeons and u in limbo till u sort out replacement players.