The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If you could create your own spell what would it do?

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking back to Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Having enemy at range take moderate shock damage but also getting 100% weakness to magic for 5 seconds.
    The fun part is that the weakness stack :)

Note that as you can weave effectively in ESO I would make them area of effect and splitt them up.
    And yes this might be a bit OP.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With they way ZoS has come through in the past with skill lines or crafting lines, I'd say it would be a total grind fest and nothing like you wanted.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread magic. Turn anything i target into my puppet forcing it to do my bidding. I want to sit on a high wall and force enemy teammates to fight and kill eachother while breaking in.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My skill would fix lag
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I would remake the flame aoe that DKs used to have.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Convert all Sorc skills to Flame Damage.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cast Icarian Flight on target for 2 seconds, teach them to hop around while I'm trying to hit them!
    love is love
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explosive cheese wheels aoe with poison damage.

I can hear voice chat now......

“Okay....everyone ready!? Okay......Cut The Cheeeeeese!!!!!”
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflective armor

Infuse your medium and Light armor with reflective energy. Dealing twice the damage of Steel tornado back at the enemy if used more then 2 times within 2 secs. This can stack up to 10 times

Reflective snipe

Reflect stealthed Snipes back at the enemy, increasing the damage of the projectile by 100% for each 10 meters the projectile needs to travel, preventing the enemy from cloaking for 10secs. The projectile is undodgeable.

See? , spell crafting could also balance the game :D
  • keevil111
    keevil111
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charm - Influence vendor prices in your favor for 3 mins

Feather - Increase carry capacity by 150 for 500 secs

Command Creature - Targeted creature will fight for you for 45 secs

PS4 NA
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Explode heads.

Some real gore for my assassin.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Heal for Stam Chars
    We have that already. It's called Vigor ;)
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a spell to change my sorc pets into other animals, any damn animals. so sick of purple gimps
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grant 10 seconds of Major (or even Minor) expedition and immunity to snares and immobilizing effects for caster and up to 12 nearby allies, with a cost of 3500-4200 Magicka.
    Edited by Reverb on January 10, 2019 3:10PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First thing on the agenda: Kill class diversity.
    e.g.:
    - selfbuff for major brut/sorc and 40% heavy attack damage that heals for every crit and restores resources for every light attack
    - selfbuff for major expedition that doesnt drop on entering combat (twice, one with stam the other with mag cost)
    - spamable execute
    - minor stamina steal debuff
    - selfbuff for 5% increased stamina and 10% weapon crit
    - attack that restores portion of the dmg done as health

I think i just found out why this is not gonna happen ;)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "levitation"

Doesn't have to be real levitation. I'd take it if it was even a 15-20 sec major expedition buff + 20% fall damage reduction...
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Summon a flame attronach pet for my DK.
    Playing since beta...
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that looks like Sorc's Endless Fury but that I can use for farming. So I just stand in one spot and zap nodes and they go in my pack. No cool down either. I want it to be fun!
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would make sanguine rose summon like in Skyrim. I literally used that guy the entire game because he was so spicy with his trash talk.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like some short of flash step (kinda like streak) or a spell that gives me run speed boost for my templar. Templar lacks any fast movement so would be nice to be able to fill this gap.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avada Kadavra!

Or bound weapons would be good. I miss playing my magic archer from Skyrim.
    PC EU & NA
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the closing fist of necromancers.

A Stan or steam sap that takes from an opponent and gives it to your team

The maomar have a ligniting chain attack that is pretty cool

I do like effects based on nature:
    Some type of tornado ability that changes with staff adding effect moving a small aoe tornado forward.
    A hurricane that starts small and grows in an area, and does slight aoe and either push’s openents or pulls them together
    An earthquake that sets Oponents off balance
    Tsunami in which a wave of magic moves forward does noes more dmg from a distance as the wave grows (med range)
    A blizzard aoe attack that has a chance to blind an opponent
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever is most OP like everyone else
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infused oblivion damage. with a cc. one of those that take 4 years to break out of :)
  • ArgonianAustin
    ArgonianAustin
    ✭✭✭
    Well from the old spell crafting datamine, id create dremora lord for my ultimate, double slot flame atronach for toggle, double slot the wolf familiar. And if there was storm atronach and frost atronach I'd do the same with those on my nightblade. I'd have 2 spaces left, I'd slot cloak, and maybe a heal. I'd then wear the new magicka bone pirate set with necropotence and daedroth monster set. I always wanted full pets.
    Edited by ArgonianAustin on January 10, 2019 4:58PM
    Just a Lizard Man that plays ESO with my twin brother khajiit_kyle
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all sorts of ideas for my characters. Each of them could be vastly improved by a spellcrafting system because it is likely to let me get closer to their original concept.

For my lightning mage, I would obviously make more lightning damage spells. I would transform is "Crystal Blast" class ability to "Lightning Blast" that does the exact same thing only with shock damage. I would transform "Daedric Minefield" to "Lightning Mines" that do the exact same thing only with shock damage. "Daedric Curse" would become "Aftershock" that again, does exactly what it does now only with shock damage.

The nightblade concept I created - a kitty cat who uses cold and siphoning - would finally get some more ice damage stuff. "Merciless Resolve" would become "Piercing Chill" and be a giant ice lance shot at an enemy. "Lotus Fan" would become "Frostfall" and do what it does now only with ice damage. "Debilitate" would become "Frostbite" and instead do cold damage.

My artificer... well... this one would be tougher because while there are existing animations and assets that would work to flavor what he does, I don't think the system would be that flexible and needs its own class. I would love to convert his "Binding Javelin" to "Gears, Gears, Gears!" that throws a giant dwemer cog in someone's face with the same knockdown. "Restoring Focus" would be "Grounded" and have a giant cog symbol on the ground instead. "Radiant Ward" would be "Junk Shield" and be a bunch of floating gears and machine bits whirling around. And, of course, he would get an actual combat dwemer spider pet that would probably be an ultimate ability; when activated, it electrocutes everything in a certain radius.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A damage shield not capped by max health, scaling off your max stat.
    PC-NA
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would immediately and forever silence all the Nerfers.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    summon lizards
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Turn someone into a sweetroll.