The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MORE SKILL SLOTS PLEASE :)

• SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light armor stacking shields is also necessary sometimes.

I run light armour on my Templar and no shields ....

Sheilds are not required they're a nice to have ...

Seriously we don't need more skills for combat but we do need skills we use out of combat somehow moving to a bar only required when mounted like rapids
  • SomeDogsAreCops
    SomeDogsAreCops
    ✭✭✭
    I can't count the number of times I've had trouble in pvp because I was missing just one other skill to use against the particular opponent I was facing. Having two bars is great but it's still not enough to really make me feel prepared for any fight.

Can we please have one or two extra skill slots on each bar. This can be done using button combinations. On Xbox One, one skill can be activated by pressing X+A. The other can be activated by pressing Y+B.

That way I'd be less required to leave skills like a shield out only to regret it later. I feel like this also opens up more variety in fights. We're forced to used the same weapons less often and can be more versatile in combat. Just one extra slot on each bar would make a huge impact. I'd prefer two though.

I don't think we need anymore then 12 skills equipped per fight
    Ebonheart Pact 4L
    Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
    810 CP
    Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
    I also play
    Healplar
    Tankden
    MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason there are 5 skill slots and it's called a playstation or xbox "controller". We already have to press two buttons to use synergies.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    or make ulti slot slotable with regular skills. As option.

I could get behind this idea.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    In light armor stacking shields is also necessary sometimes.

I run light armour on my Templar and no shields ....

Sheilds are not required they're a nice to have ...

Seriously we don't need more skills for combat but we do need skills we use out of combat somehow moving to a bar only required when mounted like rapids

you have a heal silly. but ya no more slots
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will never add more skill slots because ESO is also a console game. Plain and simple.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel that struggle with my pvp setup. But so do the players you are fighting against. You just have to optimize your skills to fit your ideal scenario and hope for the best.

It's pvp you win some you lose some.

If you're losing too much look at your skills again and go from there.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    No, the number is fine. The only classes that are getting absolutely wrecked are pet builds and having to double slot them, otherwise the system is well balanced.
  • Warndihr
    Warndihr
    ✭✭✭
    Im pretty new to ESO and one of the things I do like is the limitation of active skills. This makes the whole idea more interesting since you have to be more strategic in your choice of skills.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5 was okay for me before they removed ‘overlap’ on the utility on a lot of skills. Now I feel like I never have enough.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • JB_den
    JB_den
    ✭✭✭
    I won't say no to a sixth regular slot, but what would also help out a lot with bar switching is an option to set bar 2 as a key mod bar. I.e., you hold a key mod bind to show bar 2 and release said bind to go back to bar 1. I'm using Logitech G-shift to accomplish this now, but would be nice if in in game as a normal feature.

On a side note this might be only helpful for PC though.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    In neverwinter you just have 3 and sort of 2 ultimates to chose from and usually 2 weapon bars or pushing a key changes the the way skills work, I have to say that is the most frenetic rpg combat I have played so far and very fun, there you have to chose too but the combat is maybe better well rounded than in eso.
    I also miss a shield in my damage bar on the sorc many times but for that experience with neverwinter i know is a matter of choice, this idea of pushing a button on x box to make extra functions and have another skill is a good idea if it also works on ps4 because in pc is just adding a number I would like a lot to have another slot too but I also understand every game is different and everyone plays with the same rules.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Have enough now. You need to make choices.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1572701352-70a.gif
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • psycoprophet
    psycoprophet
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately as almost all suggestions that present change to a mmo will be mostly met with "no thanx it's fine as it is" surrounded by many threads stating the games repetitiveness and lack of class identity or diversity between the different classes etc etc. The community wants change and complains when thing are stale for to long but find it hard to accept the idea of change within their favorite mmo lol. Double edged sword.
    Someone having more skill's time kill u also means u having more to kill them.
    If u like being restricted as far as active skill verity don't slot all the skills. I could see why someone wouldn't want 30 active skill slots but 10 skill slots and 2 ult slots between to weapon sets is very low when considering utility skills. If u had 5 active skill slots per weapon set and 3 or 4 utility slots that don't swap on weapon swap that would make the combat so much more diverse as it would builds as well. The amount of skill slots the game currently has is a un needed restriction that also dumb's down the combat potential a huge degree lowering its skill cieling a large amount.
    There really is no need for the active skills to be so few. Arguing well it makes u chose ur skills wisely is weak as with the 3 or 4 utility slots ud still have to properly chose ur skills. If this game only had 2 skill slots ontop of LA and SA would u say that's fine because u have to chose ur 2 skills wisely? No that would he to restrictive and would be boring spamming the same couple skills lol there's a line where skills aren't few and or to many and right now eso us more on the to few side of that scenario. Imo of course. For console players x,y,squares and circle than hold bumper and repeat, that's 8 skills easy right there.
    Edited by psycoprophet on November 3, 2019 8:50PM