The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MORE SKILL SLOTS PLEASE :)

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I can't count the number of times I've had trouble in pvp because I was missing just one other skill to use against the particular opponent I was facing. Having two bars is great but it's still not enough to really make me feel prepared for any fight.

Can we please have one or two extra skill slots on each bar. This can be done using button combinations. On Xbox One, one skill can be activated by pressing X+A. The other can be activated by pressing Y+B.

That way I'd be less required to leave skills like a shield out only to regret it later. I feel like this also opens up more variety in fights. We're forced to used the same weapons less often and can be more versatile in combat. Just one extra slot on each bar would make a huge impact. I'd prefer two though.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I like about ESO is that unlike other MMOs you don't have 50 skills to spam in combat. ESO's combat system works well, and forces you to think tactically about what skills to use.

Giving everyone an extra skill slot wouldn't help you either, because it would just give your enemies more skills to use against you, so you'd want more skill slots to fight against that.

GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    one more slot wont help you as you will always have the wrong one there. very much like you do now.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I like about ESO is that unlike other MMOs you don't have 50 skills to spam in combat. ESO's combat system works well, and forces you to think tactically about what skills to use.

Giving everyone an extra skill slot wouldn't help you either, because it would just give your enemies more skills to use against you, so you'd want more skill slots to fight against that.

No, I find myself sacrificing offense for defense and vise versa. One or two more slots would be great. I want my opponents to have more options against me. I'm not afraid of that as long as we're on equal footing. And speaking of my opponents, it's boring seeing them spam the same one or two attacks constantly. Give them another option. It's not a lot to ask. One or two more slots on each bar. Even just one would be great.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has come up before. In the past, and I imagine now, that the majority of people would not like any extra skill slots.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    one more slot wont help you as you will always have the wrong one there. very much like you do now.

I just described how it would help. It's not like I didn't specifically mention how it would be a helpful.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. Five is just right.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    This has come up before. In the past, and I imagine now, that the majority of people would not like any extra skill slots.

I imagined it did come up before. But I don't see any drawbacks.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The number we have now is a love/hate thing for me. I'd prefer more bars than to have more slots on just 2. Shift + # would get you there.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a mounted skill bar with one skill on it ... Rapids ... So we can slot a better skill when not mounted
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U talking about spaming same skill, but even If they would add new slots, people would start using passiv skills on bar for max stats. So no, we dont need more slots only more viable different morphs and much more available skills for all class.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what does it matter if they can add skills for passives when you can do the same?
    Edited by StarOfElyon on January 8, 2019 9:27PM
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, the current setup is perfect. It forces you to think tactically about what abilities you'll use.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current design has worked pretty well for years now, in both PvE and PvP.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I like the amount we have. Trust me, I'm continuously stuck on what to use my last one or two slots on be sure there's usually 4 skills I could put there. But the current system forces you to make wise and educated choices. The more you play the more you realise what skills are the most important to how your build will work.

Can you play without a gap closer? Is using a slot for 10% crit worth it? Can you obtain certain buffs from a pot instead? Can you survive without a second heal? Can you sustain without a regen buff? Do you need an execute?

It makes you think about your build and people who take the time to learn it and play around with stuff will realise what they can or cannot live without.
    SugaComa wrote: »
    We need a mounted skill bar with one skill on it ... Rapids ... So we can slot a better skill when not mounted

This however I agree with!
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 9, 2019 8:50AM
  • Keryss
    Keryss
    ✭✭✭
    5 is juste perfect... No more buttons available on my mouse ... 😁😁..
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one thing i thought of before was an additional skill slot that was separate from the bars as in you have access to it regardless of what bar you are on. The caveat is that this unique slot would only allow you to allocate a skill from a new unique skill line which contains maybe 7 or 8 uniquely designed abilities for utility that cover various different play styles / builds. These skills would each be learned from specifc activites / accomplishments as opposed to a general exp bar grind like undaunted. These skills would have specific cool downs for use and would serve as a parallel to and function similar to the quick item slot.

Just an idea.

Edit: or perhaps instead of a dedicated skill line that houses these abilities. Add these abilities to the various existing skill lines under a new catagory (skills, ultimate, passives, x) where X is the new skill type that can be slotted in the new spot and earning said skill would require something specific to complete that involves the skill line in question. Ie unlocked the x skill in the vamp skill line would require some kind of night time vampire shenanigans involving feeding or whatever etc etc.
    Edited by exeeter702 on January 9, 2019 9:52PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    The one thing i thought of before was an additional skill slot that was separate from the bars as in you have access to it regardless of what bar you are on. The caveat is that this unique slot would only allow you to allocate a skill from a new unique skill line which contains maybe 7 or 8 uniquely designed abilities for utility that cover various different play styles / builds. These skills would rach be learned from specifc activites / accomplishments as opposed to a general exp bar grind like undaunted. These skills would have specific cool downs for use and would serve as a parallel to and function similar to the quick item slot.

Just an idea.

Cool idea. I liked the idea of an additional slot effective on both bars that just took whatever stats a skill provided by being slotted.

Imagine bound armor, inner light, camo hunter, support skill line abilities. Maybe even allow sorcs to use it as a pet slot that you can't activate.

Would probably cause a lot of problems for balance though... I just don't like spending 2/10 of my skills on passive stats.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on January 9, 2019 9:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing i thought of before was an additional skill slot that was separate from the bars as in you have access to it regardless of what bar you are on. The caveat is that this unique slot would only allow you to allocate a skill from a new unique skill line which contains maybe 7 or 8 uniquely designed abilities for utility that cover various different play styles / builds. These skills would rach be learned from specifc activites / accomplishments as opposed to a general exp bar grind like undaunted. These skills would have specific cool downs for use and would serve as a parallel to and function similar to the quick item slot.

Just an idea.

Cool idea. I liked the idea of an additional slot effective on both bars that just took whatever stats a skill provided by being slotted.

Imagine bound armor, inner light, camo hunter, support skill line abilities. Maybe even allow sorcs to use it as a pet slot that you can't activate.

Would probably cause a lot of problems for balance though... I just don't like spending 2/10 of my skills on passive stats.

I know. I know I could use an extra shield but that would mean sacrificing offense. I feel, especially playing a magplar, one more skill slot would do wonders for my game. When I choose to leave my cleanse out, I just happen to run into someone who uses poisons.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't count the number of times I've had trouble in pvp because I was missing just one other skill to use against the particular opponent I was facing. Having two bars is great but it's still not enough to really make me feel prepared for any fight.

Can we please have one or two extra skill slots on each bar. This can be done using button combinations. On Xbox One, one skill can be activated by pressing X+A. The other can be activated by pressing Y+B.

That way I'd be less required to leave skills like a shield out only to regret it later. I feel like this also opens up more variety in fights. We're forced to used the same weapons less often and can be more versatile in combat. Just one extra slot on each bar would make a huge impact. I'd prefer two though.

No!
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Just an idea.

An alternative and possibly simpler way without the need for new bars or new skills would be to simply count all skills on both bars as slotted at all times (ie: not just the currently active bar).

This would remove the need to double bar pets thus freeing up bar slots for pet sorcs and also mean wardens could use the bear with another ulti. It would also increase the flexibility of where you slot skills that provide passive effects (ie: inner light) or abilities that you slot just to qualify for a passive (such as magicka flood or daedric protection) as you wouldn't need a skill of that type on both bars anymore.

Obviously it would mean pets, skills with passive effects and passives that count the number of slotted skills (ie: pressure points, advanced species) may need some balancing, but this seems like a fairly straightforward change that would be predominantly a quality of life and flexibility improvement.

I am generally happy with the current number of skill slots and don't think we need an increase, but do find it frustrating when I feel like I need to slot something just to get a passive as this limits flexibility of skill selection.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or make ulti slot slotable with regular skills. As option.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now it’s a food trade between offense and defense. One more skill slot would either be useful or provide too much offense/defense. It’s one of the things that’s well balanced.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »

I just described how it would help. It's not like I didn't specifically mention how it would be a helpful.
    Except you realize the other guy gets 1 extra slot too, effectively countering your counter.

You're not going to be set up for every opposing build out there. That's actually the draw of the limit ~ you don't get to slot certain things and become effectively untouchable, as it should be.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a special slot with cooldown(like ulti)if spellcrafting is introduced.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In light armor stacking shields is also necessary sometimes.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I find myself sacrificing offense for defense and vise versa. One or two more slots would be great. I want my opponents to have more options against me. I'm not afraid of that as long as we're on equal footing. And speaking of my opponents, it's boring seeing them spam the same one or two attacks constantly. Give them another option. It's not a lot to ask. One or two more slots on each bar. Even just one would be great.

Which is the point. It is intended that you make sacrifices to fit a desired skill on the bar. You aren't meant to have every skill you could ever possibly need on the bar at the same time.

Adding more slots is not going to diversify a player's offensive toolkit, either. I think you'll find most of the choices you'll make is in utility, which is what the extra slots will be used for, bolstering your build's utility.

What I'd like to see is a rework to skills that have effects while being slotted. Really dislike skills like that, as they do clog up your bar.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At most, add a 6th slot. The game feels balanced with and around 5 slots and see no reason to change it.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox controllers dont have enough buttons
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CompM4s wrote: »
    Xbox controllers dont have enough buttons

If you can press synergies and ults you can find a button combination for a 6th slot. That's not really an issue.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need more slots. They can create more depth in other ways:
    1. More abilities that "proc" (these already exist: Crystal Shard, Grim Focus)
    2. Create skills that function differently if you're blocking, if you're just coming out of a dodge-roll, it's self-heal but you're already at full health so it does something else, etc.
    3. Skills that still do their normal function if you just press it, but you can more oomph out of it if you hold the button down for a second or two (an example of this was in Fable 2, I think)
    4. Take skills that currently only have 1 Stamina morph and 1 Magicka morph, change both morphs so they are viable for Stamina and Mag, but have different utilities.
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on January 16, 2019 12:30AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.