Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Racial passive changes?

Ohhgrizyyy
Ohhgrizyyy
✭✭✭✭
Any news on racial passive changes? I as of recent have been wanting to make an Argonian Templar tank and tbh if their pot passive gets destroyed I'm not so sure if I want to make one. With that being said, Any news on any racial passives being changed or do we not know any of that yet?
Playing on PS4 NA server and current characters are CP 750

Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magsorc PvP (outdated)
Lvl 50 EP Wood Elf Nightblade (Currently my crafter)
Lvl 50 EP High Elf Magplar PvP (outdated healbot)
Lvl 50 EP Redguard Stam DK PvE (updating)
Lvl 50 EP Dark Elf Mag DK PvP

All my builds are outdated...I quit for a year lmao

PSN ID: SDL_Griz
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, all the buzz is currently around what seems to be the main source of the upcoming chapter. This should be the dlc after the one where all these racial changes are meant to be happening. The big showcase is on the 15th Jan, I imagine some news will be then with probably the pts being the 21st
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will be changed next major update, and news should come soon with the PTS cycle in a few days.

Expect some nerfs and buffs. Argonians will most likely be hit.
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing ZOS I suspect that it will be new total mess, with nerfs and buffs everywhere... Got to sell those race change tickets, eh?
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well see I'm either gonna make a templar tank or wait and make a Necro tank if its actually a new class

• Ohhgrizyyy
    Ohhgrizyyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like a Necro tank would be absolutely insane

• Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dons tin foil hat

ZOS allowed the Elsweyr information to be datamined so that we would all forget about the impending decimation of racial passives and the debilitating lag that gets worse with every passing week.
    Edited by Anrose on January 7, 2019 1:58PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just hope they don't get rid of passives. I really like them. What I like not is that the community made some race/class combos mandatory even if the benefits are negligible.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latios wrote: »
    They will be changed next major update, and news should come soon with the PTS cycle in a few days.

Expect some nerfs and buffs. Argonians will most likely be hit.

I ensured lizard nerf by rolling out brand new argonian DK tank during NY event in my 8th char slot. I made gold infused alchemy rings for him, everything is ready for sacrifice >:) so i will delete it after nerf and create necromancer with adequate race for new class. Still, he is so nice I will be sincerely sad to do that.. :'(
    2HXI2mL.jpg
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing we have is very high level information and no detail. Lots of speculation which is nothing more than a wish list.
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    the only problem with this question is that, race, simply does not exist.
    it is a social construct.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Only thing we have is very high level information and no detail. Lots of speculation which is nothing more than a wish list.

yeah Nord frost damage increase please.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give bretons some kind of elemental/magic damage increase or remove high elf damage increase, or massively increase breton spell resist.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • CipherNine
    CipherNine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would just get rid of the racial passives all together. So sick of the stupid arguments it brings and the playerbase thinks the minimal buffs it gives matter that much.

You can complete any content in the game as any Race/Class combo. Gear/CP/Food buffs is all you need. But the community has created a nonsensical meta that you have to be a certain race class combo to get into Trials. Its absurd.
    PC-NA
    Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Argonian Necromancer - Healer
    Breton Warden - Healer
    Nord Necromancer - Tank
    Argonian Templar - Tank
    Nord Warden - Tank
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CipherNine wrote: »
    I wish they would just get rid of the racial passives all together. So sick of the stupid arguments it brings and the playerbase thinks the minimal buffs it gives matter that much.

You can complete any content in the game as any Race/Class combo. Gear/CP/Food buffs is all you need. But the community has created a nonsensical meta that you have to be a certain race class combo to get into Trials. Its absurd.

Not to mention racist!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Brazen_Blade
    Brazen_Blade
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Give bretons some kind of elemental/magic damage increase or remove high elf damage increase, or massively increase breton spell resist.

Agreed, I'd like to see Breton DD's get a buff. They've been in the third "so-so" slot for many years behind Altmer and Dunmer. I'm leaning towards hoping for a straight magicka damage bonus that would make them more viable as magblades or magplars - let the elves keep their bonuses and continue to be stronger at the elemental classes like magDK or magsorc.