The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magicka Sorc vs DK Reflective Scales

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
As a Magicka Sorc, how do I counter the 100% uptime DK's have with reflect scales in PvP? Everything I cast just comes back to me, and then they talons and whip me to death in close combat. I don't feel like this is very balanced.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate it myself too. Any generic reply would be: pets, mines, atro.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    I hate it myself too. Any generic reply would be: pets, mines, atro.

Right, but they can just heal out of that or walk away. In addition to reflecting all my attacks, they have CC immunity on the same spell, and then Forward Momentum also gives CC immunity. So there's nothing I can do... Maybe if they nerfed the number of projectiles reflected per cast or increased magicka cost it would be more balanced.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a Magicka Sorc, how do I counter the 100% uptime DK's have with reflect scales in PvP? Everything I cast just comes back to me, and then they talons and whip me to death in close combat. I don't feel like this is very balanced.

I use lightning staff front bar, restro staff back bar.
    Use following skills: Crushing shock, Elemental drain, Curse, Endless furry and Frags.
    Meteor ultimate and resto ultimate.

Of the above only Frags are reflect-able and you use it between DK's wings...if it is 100% up just don't use it.

It is a long fight, but it is well balanced imo, unlike Templar's Power of Light + Bleed + Dawn-breaker + Jabs + Proc set for example.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magblades suffer more than magsorc against dk
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you manage to stay out of Fossilize/Talons range there is not much the DK can do to you either.

Live and let live.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only skill that is reflectable from Sorcs is frags. How on earth a DK can reflect every skill?
    Because I can!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many mag sorcs in PvP play with a master destro and reach for cc since frags got trashed, and that is hard countered by wings.

OP, streak through them when wings are on the way down and then go for a burst is one way to go. Lightning staff works as well as crushing shock since they can't be reflected.
    EU PC
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

The only skill that is reflectable from Sorcs is frags. How on earth a DK can reflect every skill?

You're on the forums...everything here has to be exaggerated. I have more of an issue with absorb magic spammers than reflect. Trust me, when you meet one that has a lot of healing and they get around 50% hp back and have over 35K HP, you will wish you were fighting someone with reflect on 100% of the time.
    Edited by Kadoin on January 7, 2019 9:55AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a mdk i find cloak more annoying
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curse, mages wrath, force pulse, and lightning staff heavies can not be reflected. Wings does not provide CC immunity, it provides snare immunity, so they can still be stunned. When you get a frag proc, rune cage/streak/stun of choice them then blast them in the face with frags before they can break free. Bonus points if you can time your stun/frag combo with a haunting curse tick.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overload light attacks are reflected by DK and, as mentioned by others, Destructive Reach is often used as a spammable.

Playing without any spell projectiles is possible, of course, but it isn't any FUN.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I used a stun.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »

I use lightning staff front bar, restro staff back bar.
    Use following skills: Crushing shock, Elemental drain, Curse, Endless furry and Frags.
    Meteor ultimate and resto ultimate.

Of the above only Frags are reflect-able and you use it between DK's wings...if it is 100% up just don't use it.

It is a long fight, but it is well balanced imo, unlike Templar's Power of Light + Bleed + Dawn-breaker + Jabs + Proc set for example.

Yeah but you have no hard cc on your bar.
    Conduit0 wrote: »
    Curse, mages wrath, force pulse, and lightning staff heavies can not be reflected. Wings does not provide CC immunity, it provides snare immunity, so they can still be stunned. When you get a frag proc, rune cage/streak/stun of choice them then blast them in the face with frags before they can break free. Bonus points if you can time your stun/frag combo with a haunting curse tick.

Lightning staff heavy + curse will not be able to get them down because they have insane healing, so no execute can be used either. This means I have to change my whole bar in order to have force pulse and a hard cc.

I used a stun.

Like I have a stun, destructive clench, but it gets reflected back to me... Rune cage takes up another slot, and after the changes to overload, and a pet taking up two slots, I can't afford it. How is it fair they only have to slot 1 ability to hard counter 75% of my abilities? That is not balanced.
    Banana wrote: »
    As a mdk i find cloak more annoying

Well I find cloak annoying too, a spammable disengage that can be used while someone is channeling lightning heavy on you. It's bs. Then don't get me started on players standing in base in BG spamming snipe. There is no counter play, no risk to them for doing it. Stealth should have a cooldown and an extended duration, that way you still can travel in stealth, BUT once you commit to a fight you can't just instantly disappear when you're about to die unless you engage and save your cloak. Also hate seeing it spammed for criticals, because you can't hit them in between their cloak attacks. Snipe just needs either a damage nerf or a range nerf.
    Edited by Elusiin on January 7, 2019 12:32PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look at it from the other side. Reflective Scales is an expensive (for what it offers, especially compared to Warden's Crystallized Shield) ability that grants immunity from up to 4 projectiles by reflecting them back at the attacker, while also removing snares and granting two seconds of immunity to snares. Sure, when I describe it like that, sounds strong.

But factor in that's a flat 4 projectiles, meaning it doesn't care how many players you're fighting against, meaning it can practically drop the moment you cast it when fighting against 2 or more ranged players. It's either the best thing in the world when fighting one-on-one with a ranged player, or when fighting some melee guys and a ranged guy decides to jump into the fight, or it is utterly useless and a waste of like 3400 magicka (base cost of the Reflective Plate morph, since nobody uses the other morph, with no cost reduction) when fighting 2 or more ranged players.

The snare removal is nice to have as a magicka class, and I do think other classes need avenues of snare removal, but the snare immunity is inconsequential at 2 seconds. Forward Momentum in its current state is a bit hard to justify maintaining at 4 seconds, nobody maintains Reflective Scales' 2 seconds worth of snare immunity, it's pointless to when considering the magicka cost.

It also has many counters, it doesn't protect against set procs, and some projectiles outright ignore it, namely Warden's bird. It also has an annoying bug where it will occasionally let a projectile through, even though it hasn't reflected a single projectile. So it isn't a hard counter to all projectiles, either.

It sucks to fight against, I get it, but it is such a binary skill, where it is either amazing or utterly useless, so nothing can be done to it or else it will be ruined. I'll be fine with reducing the cap, if the cap is made per-player, to help fighting outnumbered with multiple ranged players. 3 projectiles per-person would be fine, maybe 2, but in its current state, it shouldn't be touched.

To compare it to Warden's Crystallized Shield, which, in my opinion, is the most direct comparison to Reflective Scales (minus the reflect), Warden's Crystallized Shield costs about 3200 magicka, absorbs an amount of damage from up to 3 projectiles (so it protects against less than Reflective Scales), but it restores about 600 magicka for each projectile absorbed (restoring 1800 in total, bringing the effective cost down to 1400 since it will restore 56% of the cost when the cap is fully expended), and grants Major Heroism for 6 seconds, hugely increasing your ultimate generation. Protects from a bit less damage, but is effectively under half the cost, and grants ultimate generation for 6 seconds. Which would you want?
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jcm2606 I just do not think it's fair you can be offensive, and have a near perfect defense against ranged projectiles. A good balancing fix for this would be that reflective scales reinforces your weapons allowing your block to reflect projectiles for something like 6 seconds. That way you can't just steam roll into someone spamming all your offensive spells, while we LITERALLY cannot do anything. There should be a trade-off for that kind of defensive power.
    Edited by Elusiin on January 7, 2019 12:40PM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @jcm2606 I just do not think it's fair you can be offensive, and have a near perfect defense against ranged projectiles. A good balancing fix for this would be that reflective scales reinforces your weapons allowing your block to reflect projectiles for something like 6 seconds. That way you can't just steam roll into someone spamming all your offensive spells, while we LITERALLY cannot do anything. There should be a trade-off for that kind of defensive power.

The thing is, all classes have defenses similar to this. DK has Reflective Scales, obviously. Warden has Crystallized Shield, NB has cloak (which can be used offensively, while also boosting defense), Sorc has shields (while recently nerfed, they still allow you to shrug off almost all forms of damage for a period of time while active), Templar has Eclipse (similar to how reflect may cause a player to not risk dying to their own attacks, Eclipse can do the same, in fact Eclipse can be a damage ability in itself if you place it on an unsuspecting player).

And, as I just explained, Reflective Scales is not near perfect. 4 projectiles is not much when fighting 2 or more ranged, which makes the 3500 magicka cost insane, especially when compared to Crystallized Shield. The fact that not all projectiles are reflected, plus the bugginess, makes it that much more unreliable.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overload light attacks are reflected by DK and, as mentioned by others, Destructive Reach is often used as a spammable.

Playing without any spell projectiles is possible, of course, but it isn't any FUN.

Dying to a full projectile build on a dk before even being able to engage in fight with him also wouldnt be much of a FUN. I find it reasonable trade off , either You want to use master destro which is extremly strong weapon but have that 1 drawback against 1 class or You choose to use force pulse as spammable and You need adapt Your skill slots and gear but You can fight dks more smoothly. I find dk wings to be more or less balanced ability what concerns me more is how cheap yet effective fossilize is and how much control dk startsa to get when uses wings and fossilize. If anything this ability should recive some nerf possibly cost increase to 4-4,5k because 2,6k for both undodgable/unblockable stun and immobilize is way to cheap (yes and I do realize it's meele but so is dk).
    Edited by Juhasow on January 7, 2019 1:17PM
  • Zodiac_
    Zodiac_
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

Dying to a full projectile build on a dk before even being able to engage in fight with him also wouldnt be much of a FUN. I find it reasonable trade off , either You want to use master destro which is extremly strong weapon but have that 1 drawback against 1 class or You choose to use force pulse as spammable and You need adapt Your skill slots and gear but You can fight dks more smoothly. I find dk wings to be more or less balanced ability what concerns me more is how cheap yet effective fossilize is and how much control dk startsa to get when uses wings and fossilize. If anything this ability should recive some nerf possibly cost increase to 4-4,5k because 2,6k for both undodgable/unblockable stun and immobilize is way to cheap (yes and I do realize it's meele but so is dk).

I couldn't disagree more on your thoughts for fossilize

Mag Dks playstyle is awareness, tankiness (at least fo rthe so called old school ones) and crowd control which is the most crucial thing on a typical mag DK build. It is rather pointless to complain (for the zillion time, not you talking in general) about it since if fossilize is removed (as many sorcs wish), nerphed or its cost is so drastically increased the class will be almost unplayable.

And in any case please consider that this skill and crowd control is what makes DKs unique. People should learn how to counter other classes and stop flooding the forum with nerph threads and posts based on their personal preferences.

I love and hate certain aspects of every class but i enjoy the things that make every class unique and gives them the possibility to outperform the other classes in specific aspects of the game. Removing or making useless abilities like fossilize, cloak, BoL, shields, pets etc will just remove the fun and uniqueness of the different encounters you come across on the game
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

pulse can i think if its a fire staff

and oh yey, the only good stun sorc has is flame reach, that can be reflected
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wrote skills, which do not include the ultimates and light attacks.
    Using one of the most OP weapons for non cp and complaining that the skill could be reflected is so biased.
    Because I can!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Look at it from the other side. Reflective Scales is an expensive (for what it offers, especially compared to Warden's Crystallized Shield) ability that grants immunity from up to 4 projectiles by reflecting them back at the attacker, while also removing snares and granting two seconds of immunity to snares. Sure, when I describe it like that, sounds strong.

But factor in that's a flat 4 projectiles, meaning it doesn't care how many players you're fighting against, meaning it can practically drop the moment you cast it when fighting against 2 or more ranged players. It's either the best thing in the world when fighting one-on-one with a ranged player, or when fighting some melee guys and a ranged guy decides to jump into the fight, or it is utterly useless and a waste of like 3400 magicka (base cost of the Reflective Plate morph, since nobody uses the other morph, with no cost reduction) when fighting 2 or more ranged players.

The snare removal is nice to have as a magicka class, and I do think other classes need avenues of snare removal, but the snare immunity is inconsequential at 2 seconds. Forward Momentum in its current state is a bit hard to justify maintaining at 4 seconds, nobody maintains Reflective Scales' 2 seconds worth of snare immunity, it's pointless to when considering the magicka cost.

It also has many counters, it doesn't protect against set procs, and some projectiles outright ignore it, namely Warden's bird. It also has an annoying bug where it will occasionally let a projectile through, even though it hasn't reflected a single projectile. So it isn't a hard counter to all projectiles, either.

It sucks to fight against, I get it, but it is such a binary skill, where it is either amazing or utterly useless, so nothing can be done to it or else it will be ruined. I'll be fine with reducing the cap, if the cap is made per-player, to help fighting outnumbered with multiple ranged players. 3 projectiles per-person would be fine, maybe 2, but in its current state, it shouldn't be touched.

To compare it to Warden's Crystallized Shield, which, in my opinion, is the most direct comparison to Reflective Scales (minus the reflect), Warden's Crystallized Shield costs about 3200 magicka, absorbs an amount of damage from up to 3 projectiles (so it protects against less than Reflective Scales), but it restores about 600 magicka for each projectile absorbed (restoring 1800 in total, bringing the effective cost down to 1400 since it will restore 56% of the cost when the cap is fully expended), and grants Major Heroism for 6 seconds, hugely increasing your ultimate generation. Protects from a bit less damage, but is effectively under half the cost, and grants ultimate generation for 6 seconds. Which would you want?

Yeah, well, I don't like fighting Wardens, either. The reason you hear more complaints about DKs is because the spell projectile you paid good magicka to cast is now hitting YOU, meaning that you have to waste even more magicka to re-shield or heal! When Wardens absorb spells, most people don't even know what's actually going on, they just think "hmm, that warden is really tanky!". Needless to say, Wardens' shield need to be nerfed, too!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zodiac_ wrote: »
    Juhasow wrote: »

I couldn't disagree more on your thoughts for fossilize

Mag Dks playstyle is awareness, tankiness (at least fo rthe so called old school ones) and crowd control which is the most crucial thing on a typical mag DK build. It is rather pointless to complain (for the zillion time, not you talking in general) about it since if fossilize is removed (as many sorcs wish), nerphed or its cost is so drastically increased the class will be almost unplayable.

And in any case please consider that this skill and crowd control is what makes DKs unique. People should learn how to counter other classes and stop flooding the forum with nerph threads and posts based on their personal preferences.

I love and hate certain aspects of every class but i enjoy the things that make every class unique and gives them the possibility to outperform the other classes in specific aspects of the game. Removing or making useless abilities like fossilize, cloak, BoL, shields, pets etc will just remove the fun and uniqueness of the different encounters you come across on the game

Yeah few years ago I could agree. Few years ago when dks couldnt pull amount of dmg they can pull right now thanks for new sets , game changes etc. Your thoughts about dk are from somwhere between 2015-2017. Currently dks can reach simillar amount of tankiness in light armor like they had one or two years ago in heavy armor while being able to have the same or even better control over enemy and much more dmg.

I dont think that cost increase on fossilize would suddenly make dk unplayable it would just makes use of it more strategical instead of brainlesly spamming it every cooldown just to drain someone out of stamina easily when sacrificing low amount of resources on that. There simply cannot be ability that have 2 strongest control effects in the game (undodgable/unblockable stun and immobilize) and costs almost nothing. Currently the issue with fossilize is especially noticable on stam dk with dual wield. Point is increased cost change wouldn't hurt mag dk that much (since You invest in magicka sustain anyway) but would definietly increase skill cap for stam dk since he would have to think twice before using fossilize.

I am also very bored with that argument thrown in every thread about balancing some stuff , to "leave something alone because it's what makes class unique". By that logic lets give some class 40k oblivion dmg ability and later say to leave it alone because it is what makes that class unique... Being unique and overperforming are 2 things that should not be discussed together as counterarguments. Also increased cost doesnt suddenly make fossilize less unique soo...
    Edited by Juhasow on January 7, 2019 5:35PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Use skills they can't reflect to pressure them, they may adapt to that then use those reflectable/cc when it counts the most. Make them keep wasting the magic on wings if they spam it with a few light attacks you expect to come back to you. Channeled heavy attacks won't reflect and help you sustain.

It's not easy to beat them, but some average DKs make the skill look OP sometimes when you just have to change your rotation/burst and adapt. If they really render most of your skills useless with one button press, you need to accept your lack of versatility and choose another opponent - or adapt your skills to your opponent. (the skill swap in combat makes this hard to pull off, a separate issue)

I've always preferred the lightning staff to fire for PvP, I do less damage; but also get less frustrated by my heavy attacks being dodged or reflected constantly.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

pulse can i think if its a fire staff

and oh yey, the only good stun sorc has is flame reach, that can be reflected

Force Pulse/Crushing Shock is more powerful on a fire staff since the Ancient Knowledge passive increases single target damage by 8% when using a fire staff, and it can't be reflected either way. Also Sorcs have access to multiple stuns, streak and rune cage are both effective stuns and even the scamp aoe pulse can be used to stun opponents. In fact the scamp stun can be hugely effective with some practice on the timing since players usually ignore pets.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, well, I don't like fighting Wardens, either. The reason you hear more complaints about DKs is because the spell projectile you paid good magicka to cast is now hitting YOU, meaning that you have to waste even more magicka to re-shield or heal! When Wardens absorb spells, most people don't even know what's actually going on, they just think "hmm, that warden is really tanky!". Needless to say, Wardens' shield need to be nerfed, too!

Literally, this.
    Use skills they can't reflect to pressure them, they may adapt to that then use those reflectable/cc when it counts the most. Make them keep wasting the magic on wings if they spam it with a few light attacks you expect to come back to you. Channeled heavy attacks won't reflect and help you sustain.

It's not easy to beat them, but some average DKs make the skill look OP sometimes when you just have to change your rotation/burst and adapt. If they really render most of your skills useless with one button press, you need to accept your lack of versatility and choose another opponent - or adapt your skills to your opponent. (the skill swap in combat makes this hard to pull off, a separate issue)

I've always preferred the lightning staff to fire for PvP, I do less damage; but also get less frustrated by my heavy attacks being dodged or reflected constantly.

Yes they limit the skills I can use, however, I still have lightning heavy, a pet, ultimate, and curse. HOWEVER, that is not enough to kill the average DK. Again the problem is you have to build to counter reflective scales, or you can't beat the average DK due to a single ability. It needs nerfed.
    Edited by Elusiin on January 8, 2019 9:17AM
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quit the "DKs have the lowest mobility of any class" dogma already. It's 2019 and people don't buy that crap.

DKs have great counter-mobility from the plethora of snares, stuns, and roots at their disposal—which are harder than ever to deal with after the Murkmire mobility nerfs. At the same time wings are a great source of snare/root immunity baked into a skill you would be casting anyway, immunity that is also harder than ever before to maintain for other classes.

DKs fit extremely well into the current meta, which is why they make up something like 30% of the population on PCNA high MMR BGs. Wings are overperforming, while none of the ranged builds they were meant to counter are anymore. There is no justification for the ability to function as it does in the current state of the game.
    Edited by TheYKcid on January 8, 2019 10:23AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again? DK wings have been nerfed to hell and back! Back in the day, it used to reflect ALL projectiles and was not limited to 4. This was including skills like Force Pulse and even their own skills like chains.

Now that was OP indeed! Nowadays, it's fine. L2P.

If it's any consolation to you, I would say not to nerf DK but to buff Sorc. They could use a bit more power since the recent nerfs.
    Edited by The Uninvited on January 8, 2019 10:54AM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again? DK wings have been nerfed to hell and back! Back in the day, it used to reflect ALL projectiles and was not limited to 4. This was including skills like Force Pulse and even their own skills like chains.

If it's any consolation to you, I would say not to nerf DK but to buff Sorc. They could use a bit more power since the recent nerfs.

Reflective projectiles (reflective scales) is a broken mechanic, spammable combat invisibility (cloak) is a broken mechanic. You cannot balance broken mechanics, you need to remove them.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Reflective projectiles (reflective scales) is a broken mechanic, spammable combat invisibility (cloak) is a broken mechanic. You cannot balance broken mechanics, you need to remove them.

There are a lot of mechanics people find to be broken, let's remove them all? We'd be left with hand-to-hand combat...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer. You aren't going to win. Sorc relies too heavily on few abilities hitting together. A third of your burst is frags. And if you don't land frags then you won't proc execute. So one wing stops you dead.

Wings is a terribly designed skill in that in a 1v1 or Xv1 scenario unless you are head and shoulders above the player you won't beat them. However its *** useless vs anyone who isn't using the very limited sections of skills it works against. (4k for 2s immunity lul) or against more than one enemy cause then it gets bruteforced. Scrap it and redesign imo, NOT just slap a nerf on it. For 2 years wings was a throw away skill.
    Rebalance it so it has more strengths but more weaknesses. i.e. Infinite projectiles, but a minimum, say 12/15m, range for reflects, so players can get close to fully unload at the cost of being closer to the melee DK. At the same time it becomes better for DK escapes or being outnumbered.

As for OP. Best you can do is turtle back with harness for free life. It might be a bit harder cause its continuous and so can be bursted through by one person instead of discreet and taking 4 shots no matter what. But its easily sustainable none the less and will force a stalemate.
    Edited by ak_pvp on January 8, 2019 8:45PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.