The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can you guess anything that will happen in ESO in 2019?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Good, bad, probably expected, unexpected, anything you dare to guess...

Shoot!

PD: Happy new year for everyone! :)
SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is players will be upset with "balance" changes Zos makes. This will likely start with the balance pass on racial passives but it will likely not end there.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell crafting
    Nercomancers
    More skill points
    New skills
    Fix mend spirit so it doesn't make bar disappear
    Guild Houses in Imperial City
    Guild system update
    Tasear will find a cipher in the wild
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope we get a vision into the future and a more dynamic game with active world events and maybe even GM run events.
    Another dimension into the very bland base game zones would be cool.
    More customisation options including pet skins, and of course better pvp performance and some love to cyrodill

Edited by Starlight_Knight on December 31, 2018 10:02PM
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    the order of Vivic will shut down due to lack of any serious funding for a real wall in Cyrodill
    Edited by socivL on December 31, 2018 10:04PM
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Vesper_BR
    Vesper_BR
    ✭✭✭
    New PvP/pve área like imperial city, Just a little bigger and with more content, maybe a version of cirodill situated in one of daedric planes. Where we had pvp and hardcore pve mixed together... With high risks and high reward like we have in imperial city in sotha sil).
    VESPER BR - MAGICKA DRAGONKNIGHT - GRAND OVERLORD + FLAWLESS CONQUEROR (1070 CP / 01-01-2018)
    XBOX ONE - NA - EBONHEART PACT BRASIL
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict... that the stuff which has been datamined will most probably show up on the Crown Store somewhere down the road :tongue:
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerfs
    Lag
    Game-breaking bugs
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2019:
    • Max stat % bonuses will be removed from racial passives. (Ostensibly for "balance" but actually to pay for power creep)
    • Most if not ALL new houses added to the game from this point forward will be crown store only.
    • More class skills will have their utility robbed from them and that utility given back to us via new gear behind new grindwalls.
    • More items offered for obscured gamble currencies, like selling an ice tiger for gems.

By 2025:
    If the game survives this long, the classes and races will only differ by their particle effects and all of the power will come from the gear chase, or horizontal progression skill lines like psijic order locked behind DLC paywalls and grindwalls.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 1, 2019 1:42AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be really interesting to see what depravity they add to the Crown Store and Crown Crates for the annual improvements to the game.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfs :(
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might start playing regular again
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combat team gives up on acheiving balance and just lets the meta be the meta so they can work harder on fixing bugs and making better quality content.
    Playing since beta...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to die a lot.

A whole lot if I ever decide to venture into vMA again.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see them liven up the older zones as well. Rewarding dynamic group events, more enemies that hit hard and provide dangerous encounters. I would love for the champion system to become more fun as well. Clicking off 30 points to boost your stats 4 times a year is not very engaging.

Also, Spellcrafting.

This is the year, yes?

No. No, of course it's not.

:confused:
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpectedly long loading screens
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP performance and playerbase will decline.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    One thing i know for sure is that it will be the end...
    Of 2018

Happy new year!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 2019:
    • Max stat % bonuses will be removed from racial passives. (Ostensibly for "balance" but actually to pay for power creep)

Wow that’s a scary thought but it seems right up ZOS’ alley. Make players have to build more into max stat and another resource nerf. Lower the power ceiling in PvE, lower the PvP ceiling by making it harder for solo and small scalers. The racial changes just got too real. I really hope you’re wrong.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    In 2019:

Wow that’s a scary thought but it seems right up ZOS’ alley. Make players have to build more into max stat and another resource nerf. Lower the power ceiling in PvE, lower the PvP ceiling by making it harder for solo and small scalers. The racial changes just got too real. I really hope you’re wrong.

I hope I'm wrong too, but I have seen this trend so strongly in 2017-18, with all the nerfs, and seen the power creep ZOS refuses to acknowledge, nerfing percentage stat racials is the logical next step. Plus, they pretty much said this was the approach they were taking.

Here's what ZOS actually said in their Latest forum post on upcoming changes in Update 21.
    I’m guessing many of you will be interested to know more about the racial balance changes. While we aren’t ready to share specific details yet, here’s a peek at the goals driving the team’s effort:
    • When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.
    • The combat power provided by each race should be more equalized.

There were a few more but lets focus on those. They flat out say they want to "Equalize combat power." How are you going to do that without nerfing the races that offer 10% boost to either stamina or magicka? 10% max stat comes out to approximately 300-400 more spell/weapon damage depending on how you measure it.

In one fell swoop, cloaked in the name of "balance." ZOS could effectively wipe about 400 weapon and spell damage from the TOP DPS builds in the game. Then come out with even stronger sets behind a new grindwall where you can get some of that damage back. If you buy the new chapter of course. It's par for the course with ZOS. Nerf everyone in the false name of balance, offer some of what they stole back via new grind. People feeeeeel like they are progressing but their characters are actually getting weaker.

And the most insidious part about it is that ZOS will have tons of apologists on their side arguing "But why should I have to choose a race with a 10% boost to a damage stat in order to be BIS? I should be able to get (meaningless relative number)DPS on whatever race I want.

And the community will argue that premise to death while completely missing the point: That ZOS doesn't just nerf "outperforming" classes, skills and races. They feel forced to nerf EVERYTHING or the end game raiders start posting people soloing trial bosses. And the nerfbat will never stop until ZOS admits and addresses the power creep issue.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on January 1, 2019 5:01AM
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lag
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Performance fix that will make ESO runs flawlessly at 60 fps min.

I'm dreaming I know...
  • Feel_Fried
    Feel_Fried
    ✭✭
    post from 2019, nothing heppened
    COf5C3DVEAAcQEf.png
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Find me challenging lowbies to duel in the town centre
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next chapter will be in neutral territory and not one of the faction provinces.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nords will get buffed and be new BiS stam tank class <3
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    More skill points
    More things to spend those skillpoints on
    An interesting landscape in next chapter
    Some hilarious and unforgettable dialogue in at least one quest
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MORE CROWN CRATES!
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they will finally fix the lag and concentrate in enhance pvp.

Just kidding, we know this will never happen 🤪
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will complain on the forums. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4RqAOHG.jpg