The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AD has no "brawler race" for PvP

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    pzschrek wrote: »
    I feel compelled to point out based on continuing comments that miss the point.

Cries has any race any alliance, fyi. His main is an orc stamwarden on AD. He’s pretty damn good at brawling. If you play in sotha or in bgs it’s probably more likely that you’ve potatoed into one of his DBs than it is that you haven’t.

He’s saying that new folks wanting to play a certain way are hard-funneled into AD and that AD has too many of those as a result and not enough brawlers. Which is self evident enough that it’s really hard to disagree with in my opinion.

The idea holds up until you ask yourself why "new players" are looking to meta setups.

New players that are playing because the title says “elder scrolls” aren’t looking for the meta, you’re right. But they are looking to be a sneak-thief because Skyrim. And because many of them for some reason love the cat race, they go AD. It’s been that way for 4+ years.

rip decibel
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    AD seems to represent well on Sotha Sil.

They all absolute trash tier tho

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit is brawler as fudge

Especially on heavy armor nb
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on January 3, 2019 1:40PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember, back in the day, when EP had just dunmers. There were dunmer tanks, dunmer magicka DD, Dunmer healers, dunmer stam DD...

And argonians were regarded as the worst race in the game, even worst than nords.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything is brawler in heavy armor with how overperforming it is. In this thread im talking about racial passives only, not what gear/equipment people wear. Also, notice you said on a nightblade. Thats the only class that benefits from khajit's stealthy passive, same with woodelf. Imagine if they took away your 6% max stam/6% max health on orc and gave you bonus to stealth. Oh let me guess your orc is still a brawler because he's in heavy right? He's brawler as fudge?
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »

Anything is brawler in heavy armor with how overperforming it is. In this thread im talking about racial passives only, not what gear/equipment people wear. Also, notice you said on a nightblade. Thats the only class that benefits from khajit's stealthy passive, same with woodelf. Imagine if they took away your 6% max stam/6% max health on orc and gave you bonus to stealth. Oh let me guess your orc is still a brawler because he's in heavy right? He's brawler as fudge?

8% weapon crit is nothing to dismiss. Sure it isn't 8% melee or max stats, but it is dual offense/defense that includes dots/direct/aoe/range/melee, especially in nCP where you get a 1.50 modifer to your rally/vigor heals no matter what.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

8% weapon crit is nothing to dismiss. Sure it isn't 8% melee or max stats, but it is dual offense/defense that includes dots/direct/aoe/range/melee, especially in nCP where you get a 1.50 modifer to your rally/vigor heals no matter what.

I am not dismissing it, but 8% weapon crit is not enough for not having a 2nd passive unless you are a nightblade or ganker.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I am not dismissing it, but 8% weapon crit is not enough for not having a 2nd passive unless you are a nightblade or ganker.

8% extra wpn crit on a stamplar/stamsorc is always welcome and can be paired with briarheart or briarheart + crit surge

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    So? Lorewise both khajiit and bosmer are stealth oriented, and altmer are wizards.

Nothing stops you from creating an orc, nord, or imperial, and play AD.

@MaxJrFTW

How is this? Please state how anyone can create an orc, nord and especially imperial within the AD alliance.

Edit:

BTW, I am aware of the answer. No one can create an imperial character at all without owning the Imperial Edition. This is an absolute. Further, everyone is restricted to only the three races for any given alliance unless they have unlocked Any Race, Any Alliance.

Many of us that started when the game launched squired these way back then. Today they can be aquired in the crown store for 2100 and 1900 crowns respectively.

That is a total of 4k crowns. While it is a choice to not spend that money (28 USD will get you 5500 crowns right now) I do understand what is "stopping" some from doing as Max incorrectly suggests.

You can buy 3000 crowns for $17.49. If you don't have that money, then you have bigger worries than "AD has no brawler race for PvP".

There's also nothing stopping you from building a khajiit, bosmer, or altmer, the same way you would build an orc, nord, or imperial. Vandstyle is one of the best stamina templars i've played against and he plays a khajiit.

Thank you for agreeing your previous comment is inaccurate.

It is irrelevant if someone can or cannot buy the crowns, though your math is clearly wrong. It would take 4k crowns to obtain both unlocks.

Get a job, and you won't be crying on the forums over $17.49

LOL. I have had imperial and any race since the game went live. I am merely correcting the inaccuracies of your statement. Maybe get it right next time.

very wise, very wise
    still 17 bucks is a high price to pay for the reversal of an absolute segregation
    wouldn't the dark elves have internal factions divided between AD and EP? loyalists vs zealots

orcs as mercenaries may be unpopular among AD but there certainly could be individuals who have proven their merit and sworn fealty?

Exactly what I was saying to someone who falsely stated there was no barrier then attempted to belittle anyone who did not have the perks.

I laughed when he said get a job and stop crying since that statement really brought their comments into the light.

And yes, I have both unlocked since day one. I have enough sense that I am not going to make an incorrect comment suggesting there is nothing stopping someone from making an imperial character in AD.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    So? Lorewise both khajiit and bosmer are stealth oriented, and altmer are wizards.

Nothing stops you from creating an orc, nord, or imperial, and play AD.

@MaxJrFTW

How is this? Please state how anyone can create an orc, nord and especially imperial within the AD alliance.

Edit:

BTW, I am aware of the answer. No one can create an imperial character at all without owning the Imperial Edition. This is an absolute. Further, everyone is restricted to only the three races for any given alliance unless they have unlocked Any Race, Any Alliance.

Many of us that started when the game launched squired these way back then. Today they can be aquired in the crown store for 2100 and 1900 crowns respectively.

That is a total of 4k crowns. While it is a choice to not spend that money (28 USD will get you 5500 crowns right now) I do understand what is "stopping" some from doing as Max incorrectly suggests.

You can buy 3000 crowns for $17.49. If you don't have that money, then you have bigger worries than "AD has no brawler race for PvP".

There's also nothing stopping you from building a khajiit, bosmer, or altmer, the same way you would build an orc, nord, or imperial. Vandstyle is one of the best stamina templars i've played against and he plays a khajiit.

Thank you for agreeing your previous comment is inaccurate.

It is irrelevant if someone can or cannot buy the crowns, though your math is clearly wrong. It would take 4k crowns to obtain both unlocks.

Get a job, and you won't be crying on the forums over $17.49

LOL. I have had imperial and any race since the game went live. I am merely correcting the inaccuracies of your statement. Maybe get it right next time.

very wise, very wise
    still 17 bucks is a high price to pay for the reversal of an absolute segregation
    wouldn't the dark elves have internal factions divided between AD and EP? loyalists vs zealots

orcs as mercenaries may be unpopular among AD but there certainly could be individuals who have proven their merit and sworn fealty?

Exactly what I was saying to someone who falsely stated there was no barrier then attempted to belittle anyone who did not have the perks.

I laughed when he said get a job and stop crying since that statement really brought their comments into the light.

And yes, I have both unlocked since day one. I have enough sense that I am not going to make an incorrect comment suggesting there is nothing stopping someone from making an imperial character in AD.

What's the brawler race of EP?

Nords? Naaah, too bad even as tanks, maybe next patch.
    Argonians? Balanced with some tendency to magicka and a nice passive that gives some resources while drinking a pot.
    Dunmer? Great at magicka, but with a stam pool that makes no sense. Bad at stam despite it's pool and the extra DW xp passive.

This doesn't mean that they can't be great brawlers in the right hands
    Edited by Xvorg on January 3, 2019 8:49PM

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

8% extra wpn crit on a stamplar/stamsorc is always welcome and can be paired with briarheart or briarheart + crit surge

exactly. Especially if those builds are using troll king too to make up the missing burst heals. Kitty gets 20% boost to troll king, orc only gets 5%.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs get a 20% boost to troll king as well. Argonians are definitely a brawler race, and definitely not balanced. Argonians get both poison and disease resistance, both healing done and received, best sustain with pot passive. No surprise they're getting the hammer next patch.
    PC NA
    Characters:
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs get a 20% boost to troll king as well. Argonians are definitely a brawler race, and definitely not balanced. Argonians get both poison and disease resistance, both healing done and received, best sustain with pot passive. No surprise they're getting the hammer next patch.

lol you are right, they do and 5% healing received lol.

There is no way orc/argonian walk away from race change without nerfs lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol you are right, they do and 5% healing received lol.

There is no way orc/argonian walk away from race change without nerfs lol.

Take away orcs 6% max health and 6% max stamina. Give them the stealthy passive. All those people who are defending khajit in their current state will be complaining on the forums in no time. Oh don't worry we're still brawlers we got heavy armor. LMAO
    PC NA
    Characters: