Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Devastating Effects of Lag on PvP

• Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I'm not sure why they make 3 simple changes ...

1. Cut Vevic's population again...
    2. Make shore the same rule set ...
    3. Limit the total people in a group 12 like the rest of the game.

This would a good step it would not solve the lag but it would be much better...

Im not sure why Shore needs to be a 7 day campaign ... Please change this ...

When we have events we add 7 day campaigns ..

Capping group size at 12 would be refreshing for large group PvP. It could promote new tactics since groups won’t have the numbers they used to. And it would promote building for success since there are less members to fill the roles.

It would also make it easier for small and medium sized groups to deal with the larger capped groups alleviating the feeling of hopelessness when a ball group smashes into a keep.

It could help promote tactical play between multiple smaller groups instead of just zerging with a larger one.

And before the argument if “this game was made for groups of 24 and should stay that way” comes, this game cannot handle gameplay with such groups around. So it’s time for a change.

Edit: Prematurely pressed the “post” button because mobile.
    Edited by Anrose on January 2, 2019 3:28PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still think the change that would have the most immediate impact on bringing relief to the game engine and servers would be to use Battle Spirit to disable all proc sets in Cyrodiil. It would take away an enormous number of calculations and allow people to learn to hone their skills.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    I'm not sure why they make 3 simple changes ...

1. Cut Vevic's population again...
    2. Make shore the same rule set ...
    3. Limit the total people in a group 12 like the rest of the game.

This would a good step it would not solve the lag but it would be much better...

Im not sure why Shore needs to be a 7 day campaign ... Please change this ...

When we have events we add 7 day campaigns ..

These are actually pretty good ideas especially the 12 man group size. I think earthgore should also be disabled in pvp because people that should be dead continue to create lag by stacking this broken set.