The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What should I strive for?

brizing
brizing
Hi, everybody.

I played and understood 4 moment:

1. The character has a lot of passive abilities. I have to look at each one and decide "no, thank you" or "Oh, I want this."
So I have to temporarily use the active abilities of these branches to gain passive abilities. Then can be to remove unnecessary active ability to and ultimately use only 5 + one absolute.
If I don't want to choose passive, I can just pump all passive :)

2. I have to use the best artifacts.
With this I'll help my friend.
I understand that all use Necropotece + Julianos. Ok, I really like the bonuses of these artifacts, because I decided to use magic damage on the battlefield. And I have a summoned Netch.

3. I have to deal with the Championship System.
I need to see all the stars, and "Oh, I want this."

4. I have to eat desserts.
Because ordinary dishes increase the maximum value of all three parameters.
But the best effect will be if I increase the maximum mana and mana recovery rate.
It's in desserts :)

Good. How do I know how well I use my knowledge of the game?
Please tell me what is the maximum damage a good PVP-players. From number of those that can live on PVP roughly 30 minutes and not die.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 1-4, you are pretty spot on.

1. Yes, you can level class abilities in order to put skill points into the unlocked passives and then later remove the skill points from the abilities if you don't want to use them.

2. Using set pieces with good bonuses is very helpful. Necropotence is good for any pet build because it grants more magicka, which increases your spell damage effectively. Julianos gives solid buffs all around for magicka builds and is an easily acquired crafted set.

3. Once you reach level 50, you'll start gaining Champion Points which are account wide and thus usuable on all future characters.

4. Food and drink buffs are very helpful. For a leveling magicka character, I like Witchmother's Potent Brew, because it does health, magicka, and magicka recovery and it scales with your level. However, which buff is the "best" varies. In PVP, I always use a tri-stat food that gives health, magicka, and stamina because my magicka characters need stamina to roll dodge and break free.

PVP is another beast from PVE.

A good starting point: Most PVPers wear impenetrable trait gear for the crit resistance. Experienced PVPers will keep a self-heal ticking. Most kills in PVP come from either burst damage where several hardhitting skills land quickly or through keeping the pressure on through Dots, CC, poisons or bleeds.

This remains one of the best resources I've found for introducing players to PVP: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360956/joy-s-advice-for-midyear-mayhem-event/p1

Hope this helps!
  • brizing
    brizing
    I'm sure I'm hard to understand because I translated the text from Russian into English :)

One question remained.
    It does not apply to information about leveling.
    I'm wondering what kind of damage you see on the battlefield from good PVP players.

My friends in the chat joked that against us on the battlefield came the best fighters, who have 55k+ damage.
    Is it really normal damage for a good player, or is it an unattainable dream and a fun joke?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive are where the true power of the character comes from. You basically want all Passives in your Class, Weapons and Armor. Also, from your Guilds and Racials. You need 120 to 150 skill points to fully invest in combat with a character, go hunt those skyshards
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• brizing
    brizing
    Of course, I will have all passive abilities.
    Also in the Championship System I will have 120 points in each constellation.

Then I'll break into the PVP battlefield. I'll run up to the enemy and activate all their buffs and hit the enemy on the ridge.

Let's say I've trained the character well. What damage should I do in PVP?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the immortal words of Mahatma Ghandi “Go big or go home.”
  • brizing
    brizing
    This remains one of the best resources I've found for introducing players to PVP: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360956/joy-s-advice-for-midyear-mayhem-event/p1

Cool :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    brizing wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm hard to understand because I translated the text from Russian into English :)

One question remained.
    I'm wondering what kind of damage you see on the battlefield from good PVP players.

My friends in the chat joked that against us on the battlefield came the best fighters, who have 55k+ damage.
    Is it really normal damage for a good player, or is it an unattainable dream and a fun joke?

That's a really hard question to answer because that's not how PVP damage works.

In PVE, you can measure your damage per second on a target dummy with 3 or 6 million health like a dungeon boss. In PVE, 55k DPS is excellent.

In PVP, however...the only people who even have 55k health are rare tanks and maybe the Emperor.

In PVP, you are better off deciding what role you want to do. Examples: Players who are gankers will have a devastating opening combo with burst damage skills, aiming to kill opponents before they can react, but they often target lower health opponents in the 15 to 25k health range. Bombers, likewise, pick the lowest health player in a group and burst them, relying on their destro ultimate and Vicious Death set to proc and wipe the rest of the group around them. In Battlegrounds, your cumulative damage is counted.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One question remained.

if you use a boring cookie cutter build I guess it might be easy to get 50k+ damage but in pvp you want to go more for tankiness than raw dps.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • brizing
    brizing
    Thanks
  • brizing
    brizing
    I remembered an important thing.
    I need to put glyphs on artifacts \o/
  • qbit
    qbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remembered an important thing.
    I need to put glyphs on artifacts \o/

English just calls it “gear” or “equipment”. “Artifacts” is not a very accurate term in this context.
  • brizing
    brizing
    ok :)