The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP healer thing, what armor sets?

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    I'm running Transmutation, Spell Power Cure, and Troll King on my Nightblade healer.
    Transmutation and Spell Power Cure, imo is the best combination overall. Monster Set: Earthgore or Troll King.

Both of these setups are light armor, however.

You can get away with light armor in a PvP large raid group if the healer is experienced.

But, I wouldn’t recommend light armor for small group, battlegrounds, solo, non-CP, if the player is new to the healing role, or if the player is low CP.

Why?

The lack of resistances and low health (with two light armor sets) ... even with the Transmutation buff active. The days of running around Cyrodiil with 20k health are long gone.

Transmutation plus a heavy set, however, is quite a nice setup.

Transmutaion is a must, plus is easy to get in Jewelry and Weapons. If he need Surviva, he can get Heavy Fortified Brass and thats it. If he is good enough to survive without Heavy, then go for Spell Power Cure.

Olorime >>>>>>> SPC
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I'm running Transmutation, Spell Power Cure, and Troll King on my Nightblade healer.
    Transmutation and Spell Power Cure, imo is the best combination overall. Monster Set: Earthgore or Troll King.

Both of these setups are light armor, however.

You can get away with light armor in a PvP large raid group if the healer is experienced.

But, I wouldn’t recommend light armor for small group, battlegrounds, solo, non-CP, if the player is new to the healing role, or if the player is low CP.

Why?

The lack of resistances and low health (with two light armor sets) ... even with the Transmutation buff active. The days of running around Cyrodiil with 20k health are long gone.

Transmutation plus a heavy set, however, is quite a nice setup.

Transmutaion is a must, plus is easy to get in Jewelry and Weapons. If he need Surviva, he can get Heavy Fortified Brass and thats it. If he is good enough to survive without Heavy, then go for Spell Power Cure.

Olorime >>>>>>> SPC

Go to Cyrodiil. Tell me how many people will stand in Olorime. I actually want to know.
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to Cyrodiil. Tell me how many people will stand in Olorime. I actually want to know.

Hi there - I have PvPed pretty extensively in zergs/smallscale/organised raid groups, I'm at rank 40 in the Alliance War and I will tell you, even in disorganised zergs, Olorime helps more than SPC. It's effectiveness increases even more if you have a healer smart enough to place it somewhere good.

Example: Your alliance rushes a main gate or breach - a healer places olorime on that breach/main gateway - now every single member of your alliance who goes through that breach has major courage.

With SPC, you'd be lucky to get major courage on just 1 of those players considering it only has a 50% proc chance and players have to be at full health (which in Cyrodil during sieges is super unlikely with all the siege damage and enemy sniping).

There is a very weird misconception that Olorime can only be used for organised groups but that just isn't true. It is the healer who has to use their brain to place Olorime in intelligent places where people will walk and receive the buff - whether that's a giant zerg, your 4 man smallscale BG group or your 12 man raid group.

Zergs are actually super predictable. Everyone always goes to Alessia Bridge. You can easily get Olorime to proc on everyone that goes through the doorway to get over the bridge. It's super easy once you've been pvping a while and you don't even have to tell people where to stand because you place Olorime where you already know they will be going. Even if you don't know, just place it in the middle of a group and you already have better major courage uptimes than SPC even if it only hits 3 people.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU