The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP healer thing, what armor sets?

dazee
dazee
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
What armor sets would be good for a resto destro templar healer in pvp? Should i use heavy? if so which heavy set?
Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagrenac’s Hope is a good starter heavy set for PvP healers.

It’s craftable so you don’t have to farm pieces for it. Usually, healers will craft it for a 5-5-2 setup ... all body pieces except head and shoulders which is reserved for a monster set.

Weapons and jewelry are usually reserved for the healing set. For PvP, there are a lot of good options depending on the type of content you’re running: Spell Power Cure, Olorime, Worm, Sanctuary, Gossamer ... to name a few.

Between impen set pieces and CP, be sure you’re getting over 2,000 crit resistance. Some players like 1 or 2 pieces of infused on large pieces. Others go all impen.

An additional goal to work towards is a healing springs tooltip (tick per second) of 2,500 or above.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 25, 2018 11:55PM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running Transmutation, Spell Power Cure, and Troll King on my Nightblade healer.

My front bar is Mend Spirit/Elemental Weapon/Refreshing Path/Funnel Health/Aspect of Terror. My back bar is Healthy Offering/Mutagen/Healing Ward/Funnel Health/Combat Prayer. I'm using Reviving Barrier as my ultimate on both bars.

I got the idea for my toon from the black-robed Nord in "The Siege" trailer they released before launch. Gives him a nice "Battle Empath" kind of feel. I use him as a backline healer/buff-bot for large groups.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Transmutation, Shacklebreaker (Heavy) and Earthgore on my nb healer with tri stat food.

I'm super tanky in Cyro and Bgs with enough stam to break free, dodhe roll, etc. Though I may switch out Earthgore for something else like Chokethorn.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought healing springs wasn't as good in pvp as mutagen/combat prayer?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    I thought healing springs wasn't as good in pvp as mutagen/combat prayer?

Springs is still yummy in PvP ... since it’s a HoT, an AoE heal, and it also restores magicka.

Mutagen and Combat Prayer are still great skills, too. The fun part is deciding which to slot on your bar (usually depends on the type of PvP content you’re running).
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation and Spell Power Cure, imo is the best combination overall. Monster Set: Earthgore or Troll King.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running Transmutation, Spell Power Cure, and Troll King on my Nightblade healer.
    Chelo wrote: »
    Transmutation and Spell Power Cure, imo is the best combination overall. Monster Set: Earthgore or Troll King.

Both of these setups are light armor, however.

You can get away with light armor in a PvP large raid group if the healer is experienced.

But, I wouldn’t recommend light armor for small group, battlegrounds, solo, non-CP, if the player is new to the healing role, or if the player is low CP.

Why?

The lack of resistances and low health (with two light armor sets) ... even with the Transmutation buff active. The days of running around Cyrodiil with 20k health are long gone.

Transmutation plus a heavy set, however, is quite a nice setup.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 26, 2018 12:02PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For zerg healing light armor and support sets work. For Smallscale and BGs you need to go pretty much fulltank in order to have any chance of survival. I personally wear Impregnable Armor, Desert Rose, Earthgore and a Blackrose restro at the moment but there are many other things you could run as well.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp healing is where it's at. You can support allies in all sorts of ways with gear and skills.

What class are you using?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Pvp healing is where it's at. You can support allies in all sorts of ways with gear and skills.

What class are you using?

Says Templar.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want Transmutation for PvP healing, no exception. If you are set on heavy armor look for it in jewelry and weapons. Your second set has much more flexibility. Kags, Shacklebreaker, Seducer, Lich, and many other sets are common. For monster sets most use Earthgore or Troll King.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy fortified brass or bust. A dead healer is useless to the team. Add more survivability until you can survive enemy dawnbreakers.

Find a guildy DK and duel them with them being at full ultimate. Until you can survive indefinitely in a duel you’re not spec’d correctly for pvp.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Heavy fortified brass or bust. A dead healer is useless to the team. Add more survivability until you can survive enemy dawnbreakers.

Find a guildy DK and duel them with them being at full ultimate. Until you can survive indefinitely in a duel you’re not spec’d correctly for pvp.

Surviving Dawnbreakers is the threshold to meet for you? That's a really low bar.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It’s not about surviving one ability, it’s about surviving the kill/burst rotation people use in pvp. For magdk it’s something like charge (stun), another ability while mid air during the charge, debuff/dot breath, dawnbreaker.

DKs have good burst and cc, dueling one of them will give you a good indication of whether you’ll be bursted down too easily.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    It’s not about surviving one ability, it’s about surviving the kill/burst rotation people use in pvp. For magdk it’s something like charge (stun), another ability while mid air during the charge, debuff/dot breath, dawnbreaker.

DKs have good burst and cc, dueling one of them will give you a good indication of whether you’ll be bursted down too easily.

As someone who has mained Templars and DKs for almost 5 years, I strongly disagree. A duel between two skilled (or even semi skilled) templar and DK is the single most boring encounter in ESO. Barring a serious mistake on one side, they almost always end in a draw when we get bored and just want to stop.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That’s my point, until someone can get to that point as a healer they need to work on defence.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so where do I get the transmutation and heavy fortified brass sets?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    so where do I get the transmutation and heavy fortified brass sets?

guild stores and crafted at The Clockwork City
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok thanks I also looked it up in the meantime and found I can get transmutation from pvp rewards as well
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok thanks I also looked it up in the meantime and found I can get transmutation from pvp rewards as well

Not anymore. They changed the sets that you get in the reward mail a few months ago. But the elite gear vendors in Cyrodiil still sell loot boxes for the old sets, including Transmutation.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get away with light armor in a PvP large raid group if the healer is experienced.

But, I wouldn’t recommend light armor for small group, battlegrounds, solo, non-CP, if the player is new to the healing role, or if the player is low CP.

Why?

The lack of resistances and low health (with two light armor sets) ... even with the Transmutation buff active. The days of running around Cyrodiil with 20k health are long gone.

Transmutaion is a must, plus is easy to get in Jewelry and Weapons. If he need Surviva, he can get Heavy Fortified Brass and thats it. If he is good enough to survive without Heavy, then go for Spell Power Cure.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how much AP does each piece of transmutation gear cost at the vendor?
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why?

You are ABSOLUTELY correct.

Like I said, I use mine as a BACK-LINE healer. The resource management is pretty sweet in light armor.

Try to act like a front-line fighter, though, and you WILL pay for it. B)
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmutation weapons and jewellery paired with Reactive body pieces and Earthgore/Chokethorn tend to be the most common setups i run in to in and around PvP/BG's.
    They're a damn pain to deal with to be fair so no wonder a lot of them have gone down that route.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have easier time finding transmutation on tamerial trade center.
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting points here. For me, I couldn’t find wearing anything but 5 light to be very effective. Seemed like ran out of magicka WAY to soon. Also, you miss out on a lot spell pen and crit. There’s other ways to become defensive in light.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    what about light fortified brass? then I still get a fairly big defensive bonus.
  • kvlou79
    kvlou79
    ✭✭✭
    what about light fortified brass? then I still get a fairly big defensive bonus.

Give it a shot! I’d recommend heavy chest reinforced if going the crafted route. The rest of your pieces impenetrable. I run 5 light-1-1 for the undaunted passive. If your on ps4 NA I’ll make it for you.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm on PC NA.
  • MaximumFrittata
    I like transmutation/gossamer/earthgore for large groups and transmutation/SPC/earthgore for small groups.

Gossamer is ok, not great, but hardly anyone is running it, so even in huge zergs it's not redundant.