The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowns are on SALE up to 40% OFF

• Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    So, in English... lol
    3000 crowns = £10.49
    5500 crowns = £16.79
    14000 crowns = £48.09
    21000 crowns = 65.99

It's actually cheaper to buy 2x5500 + 3000 = 14000 crowns = £44.07
    than buy 14000 crowns = £48.09
    or
    4x5500 crowns (22000) = 4x£16.79 = £67.16
    than buy 21000 = 65.99, an extra 1000 crowns fffor £1.17.

Now why can't I select more than one on the PSN?
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Bummed. Well I waited all year for that 50% off sale. :/

I guess I have no choice then but to get the 40% off big pack, since who knows when the next sale will be and whether it will be any better.

PC/NA @GP323
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS for offering the Sale until January 03. Now, if you could always make sales around the end/start of Month, Im sure you would earn a few Bucks more. Happy Holidays
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any clue when the sale ends?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    Any clue when the sale ends?

Edit: It depends on your platform and server:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55423
    Edited by Watchdog on December 23, 2018 12:24AM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • xgoldelf
    xgoldelf
    Will the crown store have sales on Boxing Day or Christmas ?
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only large packs have the 40% off.... the "normal" ones only have a 30% off... so, it's a no for me.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be misled by the percentages, that's of the original price.
    On PS4 the 30% packs are cheaper.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I don't think they ever was on sale for 50% off, could be wrong but 40% is the highest I ever seen.

Edit, after thought I do remember it was 50% last year but when I did the math the 40% sale was actually better, my bad.

Remember even though it says 40%, the large packs are already cheaper per crown than the standard 1500.

Yes there has been a 50% off sale, this pic is from my account history last year, hubby and I each purchased 3 of the 21,000 crown packs for $75 each. Look at the dates.

Just logged into game and the popup announcement does not show crowns on sale for PC and going to the store still shows full price, looks like ZOS will not be getting any money from hubby and myself before our renewal in January. On a side note, PS4 has the sale going on now, @ZOS_GinaBruno does ZOS plan on giving PC this deal before Christmas?

[img][/img]u6JilIi.png

True, but last year was the ONLY time they ever did a 50% off sale. People complaining about it not being 50% as in the past seem to forget that last year was the only time it was 50%. All previous sales to that point were only 40% off.

EDIT:
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I added a history of Crown sales for all those wondering. Post is found here.

I agree with everyone who was burned by the value of their recent sales, but I do want to point out that the ONLY time they ever offered a 50% sale was the very first time they discounted the largest bundle. That's it. The longing for the old days when crowns were 50% off is misguided because, like I said, they did 50% off ONE TIME.

Didn't see your post prior to posting the above. Just quoting here again for emphasis.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 26, 2018 6:26PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only 30-40percent off?
    eh
    Think ill buy a few games insted

maybe a crown pack if I have funds leftover

greedy company though so maybe not

lol, name a single game company that is not 'greedy' and you will find one that is out of business

CD Projekt Red for Witcher 2 and 3, the content they released and their promotions and response to community.

Next question?

LOL!!!! I see so many people claim CD Projekt Red as not greedy. They fooled everyone by giving away FREE DLC that was nothing more than beard packs, costumes, and some finishing moves - you know, things that could easily have been in the main game - they just pulled them out and made them "free" DLC to make people think they weren't greedy when they offered the season pass at launch for 2 DLCs still in the works that were not any cheaper than other DLC on the market.

ETA: "Greedy" is a strong word, and I used it because that was the word used in the original post. I don't think CD Projekt Red is greedy per se, but they certainly aren't any less capitalistic than other gaming companies - they just know how to market themselves and give the perception that they are giving players more than other companies. They threw out a slew of so-called free DLC that was really nothing more than skins and the like so that when they also announced the season pass at launch, they wouldn't be excoriated like EA, who does the same thing. The "true" DLC was not any cheaper than what was on the market, but because they threw in a few lazy freebies, the gaming community fell at their feet.

Also, I find it rather ludicrous to call a company greedy who doesn't offer as good of a SALE as you had hoped or as good as they offered ONE TIME in the past.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 26, 2018 6:32PM
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Tycleton wrote: »
    The US PC online version at least appears to be a great deal.

$7.99/750 crowns = $00.01 per crown
    $89.99/21,000 crowns = $00.004 per crown

That's a 60% savings! (Normal 21,000 crown pricing of $139.99 = $00.007 per crown, or 30% savings)

By the way, the ESO subscription grants you 19,800 crowns per year in total regardless of plan, but duration payment discounts are a great deal as well:
    30 day payment of $14.99/1650 crowns = $00.009 per per crown
    90 day payment of $41.97/4950 crowns = $00.0084
    180 day payment of $77.94/9900 crowns = $00.0078
    365 day payment of $139.99/19800 crowns = $00.007

So if you have a spare $229.98 ($89.99+$139.99) laying around this season, you can get 40,800 crowns for just $00.0056 per crown!! RIght at an overall 40% savings!

Another way of looking at it is how many crowns you get for each USD spent:

Subscription
    30 day sub @ $14.99 for 1,650 crowns = 110.07 crowns per $
    90 day sub @ $41.97 for 4,950 crowns = 117.94 crowns per $
    180 day sub @ $77.94 for 9,900 crowns = 127.02 crowns per $
    365 day sub @ $139.99 for 19,800 crowns = 141.43 crowns per $

Crown Sale
    $7.99/750 = 93.86 crowns per $
    $10.49/1,500 = 142.99 crowns per $ (regularly 100.06/$)
    $17.49/3,000 = 171.52 crowns per $ (regularly 120.04/$)
    $27.99/5,500 = 196.49 crowns per $ (regularly 137.53/$)
    $64.99/14,000 = 215.41 crowns per $ (regularly 140.01/$)
    $89.99/21,000 = 233.35 crowns per $ (regularly 140.00/$)
    Edited by MamaDruid on December 26, 2018 8:58PM
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • LeeNordTank
    LeeNordTank
    ✭✭✭
    It's back.
    Shopping time
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    Is anyone on Xbox seeing the deal? It’s not showing up for me at all
    Yes. I bought two packs at 40% off but I got to it via Major Nelson’s sale announcement on his blog. I’m not sure if 40% includes the standard Game Pass discount or is dependent on Live Gold membership or what.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Until ZOS fix their game, my wallet is staying shut this time.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    only 30-40percent off?
    eh

lol, name a single game company that is not 'greedy' and you will find one that is out of business

CD Projekt Red for Witcher 2 and 3, the content they released and their promotions and response to community.

Next question?

LOL!!!! I see so many people claim CD Projekt Red as not greedy. They fooled everyone by giving away FREE DLC that was nothing more than beard packs, costumes, and some finishing moves - you know, things that could easily have been in the main game - they just pulled them out and made them "free" DLC to make people think they weren't greedy when they offered the season pass at launch for 2 DLCs still in the works that were not any cheaper than other DLC on the market.

ETA: "Greedy" is a strong word, and I used it because that was the word used in the original post. I don't think CD Projekt Red is greedy per se, but they certainly aren't any less capitalistic than other gaming companies - they just know how to market themselves and give the perception that they are giving players more than other companies. They threw out a slew of so-called free DLC that was really nothing more than skins and the like so that when they also announced the season pass at launch, they wouldn't be excoriated like EA, who does the same thing. The "true" DLC was not any cheaper than what was on the market, but because they threw in a few lazy freebies, the gaming community fell at their feet.

Also, I find it rather ludicrous to call a company greedy who doesn't offer as good of a SALE as you had hoped or as good as they offered ONE TIME in the past.

Releasing two new game quality expansions and not nickel and diming people on fluff cosmetics is appreciated, hence the "not greedy" label. It's ok to make money, but some tactics that big companies employ are just downright disrespectful. CDPR hasn't been guilty of it yet.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    only 30-40percent off?
    eh

Next question?

Releasing two new game quality expansions and not nickel and diming people on fluff cosmetics is appreciated, hence the "not greedy" label. It's ok to make money, but some tactics that big companies employ are just downright disrespectful. CDPR hasn't been guilty of it yet.

To your mind, perhaps, but not mine. I saw the manipulation in their release of the Witcher 3. Now, it was no different than a lot of other companies, sure, but they still convinced a lot of players that they do things so much differently just because they took some fluff crap out of the game and labeled it as free additional content. My point is that CDPR isn't any different than most other game companies - they've just managed to convince players that they are.

Now, back to the topic - I'm going to check out this sale.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 24, 2019 6:36PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only 30-40percent off?
    eh

Next question?

To your mind, perhaps, but not mine. I saw the manipulation in their release of the Witcher 3. Now, it was no different than a lot of other companies, sure, but they still convinced a lot of players that they do things so much differently just because they took some fluff crap out of the game and labeled it as free additional content. My point is that CDPR isn't any different than most other game companies - they've just managed to convince players that they are.

I still maintain there's a difference between marketing and nickel and diming people. It's okay to make money on your product. but you have to have some form of respect to your customer base. Releasing two big expansions is quite different to releasing a ton of paid fluff items for a single player game and adding an in game cash shop to it where you have to buy some fake currency. I'm looking at Assassin's Creed games or Shadow of War here. I have no problem with buying additional stuff for games, but I want value for my money. And CDPR certainly delivered in that regard, especially since Witcher 3 and it's expansions were quite decently priced in my country.

EDIT:
    As for the topic at hand, I did buy one 14k pack. It's the most I can spend on stuff like that (still, I could've bought W3 with both expansions at their release price and still have some money left over with that price mark ;) ).
    Edited by Michae on July 25, 2019 6:24AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    only 30-40percent off?
    eh

Next question?

I still maintain there's a difference between marketing and nickel and diming people. It's okay to make money on your product. but you have to have some form of respect to your customer base. Releasing two big expansions is quite different to releasing a ton of paid fluff items for a single player game and adding an in game cash shop to it where you have to buy some fake currency. I'm looking at Assassin's Creed games or Shadow of War here. I have no problem with buying additional stuff for games, but I want value for my money. And CDPR certainly delivered in that regard, especially since Witcher 3 and it's expansions were quite decently priced in my country.

EDIT:
    As for the topic at hand, I did buy one 14k pack. It's the most I can spend on stuff like that (still, I could've bought W3 with both expansions at their release price and still have some money left over with that price mark ;) ).

I agree with your point. I just get tired of some players who put CDPR on a pedestal and think that they don't do marketing tactics like other developers/publishers do. Like EA, who was excoriated when they came up with the season pass. But, lo and behold, CDPR did the same thing with W3, but no one seemed to care since they threw a bunch of free fluff DLC at them first. But, it seems there are worse games, like SoW (that's EA, right?), which I did read about. For an MMO, I don't mind a cash shop, as the fluff stuff pays for the game - well, actually Crowns do and then players exchange those for fluff.

Regardless, I think we're actually more in agreement on this, as I don't think CDPR is greedy, but I also don't think they're all that different than most other developers/publishers. That was my original point.

As for the topic - I'm passing this time around on Crowns as I still have about 18k left. If ZOS/MS hadn't fixed their subs on XB so that we now get all our crowns for a yearly sub instead of continuing to dole them out monthly, I might have done.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    has anyone noticed that its only Xbox and Ps4 that have the sale? i have just checked ALL of the crown packs and they are all reduced on Xbox/PS4 to be inline with PC price, in fact i think PS4 is abit cheaper.................where is the PC sale???? oh wait we dont count we just do all the testing and carry the lag and Bugs not important
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone noticed that its only Xbox and Ps4 that have the sale? i have just checked ALL of the crown packs and they are all reduced on Xbox/PS4 to be inline with PC price, in fact i think PS4 is abit cheaper.................where is the PC sale???? oh wait we dont count we just do all the testing and carry the lag and Bugs not important

Are you saying you do not see the Crowns sale on PC?

Because I do.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we get the discount if you don't let us log in and don't send any info to our email? Just wondering.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad that they're ending the sale before the end of the month. A lot of people (public employees) get paid on the last or first day of each month, and thus won't be able to participate in this sale. Myself included, which means ZOS loses out on my coin. Ah, well.
  • VanyelMohr
    VanyelMohr
    ✭✭✭
    So, marketing for this said the sale was through July 30th. I assumed that meant I could still buy it today. Nope. Sale is over. I missed out on crowns, but ZOS missed out on my money.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VanyelMohr wrote: »
    So, marketing for this said the sale was through July 30th. I assumed that meant I could still buy it today. Nope. Sale is over. I missed out on crowns, but ZOS missed out on my money.

Did you check the time and timezone?

Certain times at 30th July EDT may not be 30th July anymore in your timezone.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With the state of the current patch and anxiety over upcoming state of my healers, I did not buy crowns this time around. I've lost confidence in the game for awhile. My sub doesn't run out until March, and if they continue to nerf roles and classes and shipwreck PvE just to balance PvP, I will cancel my renewal by then. Peace out.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.