The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Arctic Wind Master Plan

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on just the name, crystallized slab should be that frost wall that npcs use.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on just the name, crystallized slab should be that frost wall that npcs use.

We got a better idea ;)
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally want those changes to be made on live server asap. BTW FROST DESTRUCTION STAVES are meant to be a tanking weapon is a joke in itself, why call it destruction staff when it's primary role in ZOS mind is tanking...

Why not instead make the frost staff lower the resistances targets have and for mag tanking make new weapon skill line called spellsword (1 handed weapon + rune for example). I know it would be taking a lot time and designing to change it and design new weapon line but that is what I think could potentially fix the poor frost mages...

Frost mages need more love from development team <3
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also thought about this for a good amount of time. What I don't like about this solution is that this new version of arctic blast would look like a mishmash of skills with effects that don't really fit to each other. On one hand you would get a long range single target projectile but on the other a short range AOE DOT aura, which requires you to get into close range.

I would love to see the devs getting a bit more creative than just slapping the old artic blast effect on all morphs of this skill. Here is the solution I came up with:

New Arctic Wind:

Envelop yourself in winter winds healing yourself for 15% of your max health while dealing 7.5% of your max health as frost damage to all enemies close to you.

[Animation would include the arm weaving of the old version + one frost shock wave like frost impulse. It would count as AOE damage.]

New Polar Wind:

Envelop yourself in winter winds healing yourself for 15% of your max health instantly. Additionally, you send out gusts of wind every 2 seconds, which deal 3% of your max health as frost damage to enemies, as well as healing allies for 3% of your max health. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.

[Offensive wise, this would work very similar to the old arctic blast. However, the skill would also act as a unique healing aura to all allies close to you (including yourself). The animation would look just like the old artic blast.]

New Arctic Blast:

Send out an artic blast, healing yourself for [X] health. When the blast hits, it will stun the target and deal [X] frost damage to all enemies within close range of the target.

[The skill would now scale off max magicka and spell damage. The animation would be just the same as the murkmire version of artic blast (maybe with an increase of the projectile speed), but when the projectile hits an enemy, one frost shockwave like frost impulse will be send out from the point of impact. The AOE frost damage would of course also affect the primary target. This would create a new unique form of an AOE attack.]

Thoughts?
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    great plan, I like it

rico_icon1.png
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HankTwo wrote: »
    I also thought about this for a good amount of time. What I don't like about this solution is that this new version of arctic blast would look like a mishmash of skills with effects that don't really fit to each other. On one hand you would get a long range single target projectile but on the other a short range AOE DOT aura, which requires you to get into close range.

I would love to see the devs getting a bit more creative than just slapping the old artic blast effect on all morphs of this skill. Here is the solution I came up with:

New Arctic Wind:

Envelop yourself in winter winds healing yourself for 15% of your max health while dealing 7.5% of your max health as frost damage to all enemies close to you.

[Animation would include the arm weaving of the old version + one frost shock wave like frost impulse. It would count as AOE damage.]

New Polar Wind:

Envelop yourself in winter winds healing yourself for 15% of your max health instantly. Additionally, you send out gusts of wind every 2 seconds, which deal 3% of your max health as frost damage to enemies, as well as healing allies for 3% of your max health. This effect lasts for 10 seconds.

[Offensive wise, this would work very similar to the old arctic blast. However, the skill would also act as a unique healing aura to all allies close to you (including yourself). The animation would look just like the old artic blast.]

New Arctic Blast:

Send out an artic blast, healing yourself for [X] health. When the blast hits, it will stun the target and deal [X] frost damage to all enemies within close range of the target.

[The skill would now scale off max magicka and spell damage. The animation would be just the same as the murkmire version of artic blast (maybe with an increase of the projectile speed), but when the projectile hits an enemy, one frost shockwave like frost impulse will be send out from the point of impact. The AOE frost damage would of course also affect the primary target. This would create a new unique form of an AOE attack.]

Thoughts?

Yeah it might work. Problem is that people really wanted to use a mag scaling version of old blast's damage and damage form. We wanted to include that. An impulse effect, while it works is kinda boring. we dont have many enemy centered aoe DoTs. But that update for polar wind would be really nice if it still healed a nearby ally in a burst. Not everyone is near the tank and they could be missing out on a crucial heal like that. Polar had range on it.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ironic part is the orginal skill before the last patch didn’t need a change.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    The ironic part is the orginal skill before the last patch didn’t need a change.

that's arguable, but it was a great skill nonetheless.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only does artic blast needs go back to its former self but it also needs a cost reduction, at least 1k less. The fact is that the Magden in comparison with all other classes is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to dealing damage, ice staff or not. The only 2 substantial damage dealing skills the Magden can rely on is the Shalks and the Racer and still the Shalks take 3 seconds to deliver de damage and are easy to miss target. Besides that the only skill that is quite usefull for damage is the Sleet storm ulti. I run a Magden on both CP and Non-CP PvP in order for me to dish out damage i have to relly on crushing shock, destructive reach and depending how the battle is flowing i might use pump the shalk for a chance to nail at least someone or make the incoming enemies spread out. It aint that hard or harmful at all to the balance of the game to give the Warden its old Artic Blast morph.