The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

If you having communication problems I feel bad for you son I got 99 problems but this game aint one

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Per Gina:
2ov3xEu.png

I've had enough of dealing with ZOS' inability to fix issues which have been plaguing the game for 4 years, rushing content for a quick cash grab, and now the silence in the forums from the devs.

The mods and community managers are quick to shut down threads yet they are nowhere to be found when it comes to acknowledging the bugs and performance issues affecting the game and actually having a discussion with the community.

If you spent as much time actually acknowledging the issues being brought up by your community rather than locking and shutting down threads then maybe you would keep more players from quitting the game.

But I've had enough. Lock this thread if you want. I'm done with this game and ZOS.
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    soooooo .... about that stuff ......
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i haz ur stuf plz
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xmulu1f6urt11.jpg
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm curious exactly how many "I quit threads" ZOS has locked down of late...just to get a sense o whether a ton of people are quitting or what. I get why such threads are against the terms of service or whatever ZOS calls it. No one is going to PAY for you to influence the gaming community to quit and thereby eliminate ZOS's revenues. (By pay i mean provide a forum for people to influence others-i.e. THE Forums. lol).
    I get al that. Exactly how many people have quit recently and could someone list why, (I know a lot of the reasons, just wonder how long THAT list is getting ). lol

I
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generally ZOS doesn't lock threads which are constructive (even if critical) and only lock the ones where it's a duplicate, calling out developers*, abusive towards people or just ranting/quitting threads.

ESO has it's issues and I agree the rush development cycle is probably the main cause of that, but ZOS is getting better at talking about things and listening.
    They just can't listen to and acknowledge everyone on every issue, and then also make the changes desired exclusively by each person or group.

I very much doubt Gina's comment was meant to mock or anger players, it was just a fun play on the 99 megabytes size, unfortunately though we're at a point where because of the games issues no one can have fun any more without it being attacked or becoming some big issue.

* These threads can stay open if a moderator is able to just snip the names and have the thread stay on topic and constructive.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you get offended by patch notes it's probably time to move on anyway
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall any increase in the number of quitting threads that have been locked, there have always been one or two from time to time and recent weeks/months have been no different. It's always been standard practice for them to be locked rather than deleted, so if you want to check how many there are you only have to check the current and previous pages.

I think there probably has been an increase in the number of threads relating to players canceling subscriptions, but of course we have no means of knowing whether the subscriptions were actually canceled in those cases or have since been renewed.
    In any event, those players are only talking about canceling subscriptions and aren't actually quitting the game. Those that do quit the game whether for performance reasons or on some point of principle like crown crates or skill changes invariably return.

Meanwhile the population on PC EU seems as strong as ever, and PC NA is similarly busy when I play on that these days.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Generally ZOS doesn't lock threads which are constructive (even if critical) and only lock the ones where it's a duplicate, calling out developers*, abusive towards people or just ranting/quitting threads.

ESO has it's issues and I agree the rush development cycle is probably the main cause of that, but ZOS is getting better at talking about things and listening.
    They just can't listen to and acknowledge everyone on every issue, and then also make the changes desired exclusively by each person or group.

I very much doubt Gina's comment was meant to mock or anger players, it was just a fun play on the 99 megabytes size, unfortunately though we're at a point where because of the games issues no one can have fun any more without it being attacked or becoming some big issue.

* These threads can stay open if a moderator is able to just snip the names and have the thread stay on topic and constructive.

While I agree it was probably meant as a witty remark and harmless word play, it is bad taste because it absolutely can be read as adding insult to injury in the momentary state of the game.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem isn't that it wasn't funny. It was funny. And I'd like to assume it was just some levity.

The problem though is that a large portion of the player base feels that ZOS has given up on the lag problem. And, making a humorous comment pointing out the lag that does exist and then rubbing it in that this patch doesn't fix that... Well that doesn't help.

Still funny. But, this doesn't help your image ZOS.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in a other threads, If she were the one responsible for game performance, or any component of development, I could understand the outcry. But as the Community Manager she's just a mouthpiece, who tries to inject her information with lightheadedness and humor. It's not a big deal, don't try to make it one.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe their image reached the point where they can't go further downhill?

Physical constraints - if you reached the lowest point, every path will lead you upwards.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    As I said in a other threads, If she were the one responsible for game performance, or any component of development, I could understand the outcry. But as the Community Manager she's just a mouthpiece, who tries to inject her information with lightheadedness and humor. It's not a big deal, don't try to make it one.

I feel like you just made the point of all the people who feel frustrated.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    To me it is a huge deal. Performance had plagued this game for years, for whatever reason Murkmire made it worse. To make a joke about a huge issue with the game is distasteful and will rub consumers the wrong way. With that said the casual player wouldn’t notice these issues.
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    all I can say is Ms. Bruno made me laugh out loud and spit my coffee all over the screen; ty Ms. Bruno I love to laugh.
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...lul
    Edited by Anrose on December 10, 2018 3:08PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moses1763 wrote: »
    all I can say is Ms. Bruno made me laugh out loud and spit my coffee all over the screen; ty Ms. Bruno I love to laugh.
    TBH I would be mad she made me waste glorious Monday coffee. Might be worth a rant thread itself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She made a funny joke and you guys are getting all upset. She's a community manager, not a dev and she's stuck in the middle of upset community members and management at ZO$ that can only see $$$$$$$$$$.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    moses1763 wrote: »
    TBH I would be mad she made me waste glorious Monday coffee. Might be worth a rant thread itself.

This is the true spirit of the internet.
  • Nilarynpaw
    Nilarynpaw
    ✭✭✭
    seriously-dude-is-there-a-name-for-whats-wrong-with-5018737.png

In the last few days I was reading these new topics about quitting, blaming ZOS for anything and... I just don't get it how do you have enough time to complain about so many things every day.

And now... some of you are butthurt because somebody tried to be funny...?

I think I'm just gonna close my browser for today.
    Edited by Nilarynpaw on December 10, 2018 3:12PM
    PC EU: 810+ CP
    "Only the Aldmeri—the High Elves and their noble allies, the Wood Elves and Cat-Men—have the wisdom and restraint to peaceably rule the disparate peoples of Tamriel. [...] Men always follow the destructive path of their defender and apologist, the Missing God whom we shall not name. [...] The world has gone wrong, and we must put it right. March proudly beneath the eagle banner of the Aldmeri Dominion! "
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, OP. Ever since they removed the P2P business model and introduced their Crown Store - it became blatantly obvious that the precious Crown Store is their priority and lovechild in this game.
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    Yep, The recent behavior here is very interesting entertaining. Pretty GJ unprofessionally.

Is the glass half empty or half full?
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deohjo wrote: »
    Yep, The recent behavior here is very interesting entertaining. Pretty GJ unprofessionally.

Is the glass half empty or half full?

The glass is almost broken.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Username is pure irony.
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    I found it hilarious. To be upset or offended by it, I would have to want to be.

Life is hard for sad bunnies.
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That joke is not funny when you play a game that has so many technical issues. I am sorry but it is inappropriate.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on December 10, 2018 3:38PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill out a bit and laugh. It's funny - she's trying to make reading the patch notes a little more fun - and having a patch be 99 megabytes probably doesn't happen too often.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like this game and spend a lot of time on it and probably am in danger sometimes of taking it a bit too seriously... But maybe it is time for some people to step back and remember that it is a video game, it is supposed to be fun. It is a form of entertainment. The developer can't make a joke? They must be frustrated by the issues, too. No one wakes up and says, "I'm going to go to work and make buggy things today." They WANT it to be great, just like we do. Some levity can be good for you. So maybe try lightening up a little bit. You can be passionate about something and want it to be awesome and still joke about it at the same time. All of the best and most productive teams I have ever been a part of shared a sense of levity and humor about what they were doing.

Keep in mind there were probably some very long work days not too long ago during the undaunted event. If you think people at ZOS just didn't care and were heading home at 5 PM during that mess, you have never had a real job. Some of the most humorous people I have ever met are military. And it is definitely NOT because they don't take their jobs seriously.
    Edited by Pevey on December 10, 2018 4:07PM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At times I've called out zo$ and the employees there who perform poorly. From what I've seen, Gina seems like she tries to do her job well. The trend on these forums is to be presumptuous and assume people are being negative or insinuating something sinister. In my opinion the forums would be a lot better if we all didnt have to type as if we are walking on broken glass. People presume the worst, then randomly report others. Random mods randomly use random terms open to interpretation such as "baiting" and send random warnings with random reasons. It does fit in well with the overall RNG pattern of ESO. :| I digress..Gina seems like a good employee.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A person who goes looking for offense will never fail to find it.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.