The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Drizzt Do-Liftin's Medium Armor Hybrid Dk, THE STAM WHIP BUILD!!!!! The Stam Whip we’ve all wanted.

• dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    ...Always wanted to try pelinal's templar that runs bow+destro, lots of dots and poison inject+jesus beam. Probably not very good. Probably the ultimate Xv1 build.

I have a pelinal + prisoners sorc with bow skills (yes, also snipe), curse and fury that is okay as a Xv1 build. Great at running away. I use him once a month to get to rank 1 for the geode.
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Love the build...I usually run as a tank and have a hard time switching to PVP since I normally split my attributes between Stam and Magicka. This looks like it might be right up my alley. Looking forward to hearing any additional feedback.

Thanks!
    Feannag
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feannag I'll give feedback if you send questions my way lol.
  • Waylander
    Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭
    Solid build!!

I tend to 1 bar pelinal's in my hybrids and also invest more into the resource I use more (makes sense).

I have also tried pelinals/truth for dk as fossilize into whip sets off balance so you have 100% uptime of the truth bonus. Velied Heritance is also nice, easy to keep up and the 2.9k armour bonus is nicer than the health regen on a vamp.

I currently play a hybrid DK (pelinals and sunderflame or truth) and a hybrid sorc (pelinals/hundings) for fun (it has to be for fun as they are not as strong as a straight stam or magica build due to the amount of compromises you need to make).

Masters bow works to increase your weeapon and spell dmg on swap to pelinals bar so I have been enjoying infused masters bow stam bar (poison injection, vigor, buffs) and a nirn pelinal 2h bar ( fulled buffed with continuous attacks you can get over 6k spell/weapon dmg).

Sword and board with pierce armour and reverb is actually very solid, especially if you go the magica embers/breath as on dunmer you can considerably ramp you fire damage (+19%) and both wip, embers and rally front bared provided lots of healing to stay offensive longer.

Nocturnal - AD Oceanic PvP Guild
    Waylander
    Frankie
    Krylla
    Uniter
    Macgyverr
    Ivy
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    Hybrid builds are great fun, been playing them on and off for very long time.
    I kind of like dk and warden most for it. Last build i played was warden with resto back bar. I had crazy tooltip on trellis. with that up, green lotus and some resto heals I was crazy tanky.
    Asylum resto is also something really interesting to try.

Anyway thx for posts and gl to your hybrid adventures
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waylander except my build is just as strong as an all stam or all mag build, stronger than most.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @artal I’d like to hear more about hybrid warden
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    This was like 4 months ago or more i think.
    I kind of had idea of warden with back bar full heals. So i could sort of heal friends in small scale (2-4 players).
    If you look at green balance skill line they are kind of perfect for hybrids. Depending on situations you can play around with them. I also used few resto skills and rotate them around, healing springs is also nice skill for this setup.
    when you have rapid regen up, trellis and healing spring (depending on build), natures embrace with green lotus you are quite tanky, and ofc you can make your team mates hard to kill.
    Can't really remember correctly but fully buffed my trellis tooltip was around 2.4k i think.

My idea was to have hots up, so vigor, forward, rapid, trellis as main skills that i didnt changed with others from resto or green balance + lingering and speed pots (sadly those are nerfed now) o and green lotus cause i did lots of heavy attacks .
    BS+pelinal+fury was what i usually used, and you can play around with asylum weapons (2h or resto).

I didn't play around with it to much so i bet there are much better combinations but i saw it has potential.

Edit: Its kind of hard to decide on skills cause all green balance ones are great and resto ones can also be fantastic. I used them all in some situations except force siphon
    Edited by artal on December 11, 2018 12:35PM
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @SkysOutThizeOut (Driz),

If you’re running dots why not run skoria? Have you tried it?

Because Ultimate = Dragonknight resource burst sustain.
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    Will attempt to organize my questions :)

1. You mentioned that there was a wider variety of skills open if you are not running Master DW (which I am not)...what else does that open up?
    2. Would you still run DW without Masters or would you go S&B instead
    3. Any luck with Groth or Skoria in the testing you mentioned earlier or is Bloodspawn just too good to pass up?

Thanks!
    Feannag
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Feannag I assume you read what I wrote about sb and 2h. That’s self explanatory. Yes, I said it’s very viable to do with regular dw and not master. I’d never go sb because I hate sb, but it could be better. Sounds like you want me to hand you cookie cutter builds to pick from and I point this out, because if you don’t choose to understand the build you are after, your success is going to be limited or nonexistent.
    And I’d go bloodspawn for the physical damage version that I’ve shared.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build looks amazing and a LOT of fun :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Bam_Bam it is. Is this what you were looking for in your forum post?
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheStealthDude yeah I feel you on video builds. Hate them. If you have any questions hit me up. It took a lot of practice to get good at dueling with it. Strongly recommend fossilize, whip, and rev slice stay on same bar together.

Many of those guys posting videos of the builds they created just talk and talk and talk without actually saying anything.
    It's just like they'd love seeing themself talk and explain
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Slack I agree. I quickly learned that. After joining the game. Watching jdmoonan videos then as a cp 300 running into jd and almost beating him in a 1v1 before I learned to play... then asks for my build... won’t duel me again and a week later he posts my build... he thought wyrd tree and sun... in heavy... then this dude berrserrg taught me how to play mag dk. Fueled him like 100 times getting smashed until 1 day I beat him. Been on the up since.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inspired me. Gonna apply how to sustain with 0 sets to your build and adjust accordingly for sorc.

I'll let you know how it turns out bud
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht dude I kept trying to think of a way for sorc, but tbh, I think sorc would benefit more from light armor and magicka damage than from physical and medium. Just use the stam heals. Also, recommend SB over dw for the maj breach and fracture and use reverb bash. Could do something with the aoe immobilize and DW. Focus on maximizing potential for both types of implosions too.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a fan of single-bar-active Pelinal's setups.

So many attempts at hybrids run/ran it as 5 pieces on the body, which just isn't that efficient, imo.

...Always wanted to try pelinal's templar that runs bow+destro, lots of dots and poison inject+jesus beam. Probably not very good. Probably the ultimate Xv1 build.

I’ve always thought a hybrid Templar sounds cool in theory, but neither stamina or magicka Templar really have any gaps to fill (that can be filled by the other morph), so it doesn’t make sense unless maybe you’re doing some kind of specialized ranged build like you suggest. Stam DK has some serious short comings, so it makes sense to hybridize. Stam sorc on the other hand would be a prime target for a good hybrid build.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht dude I kept trying to think of a way for sorc, but tbh, I think sorc would benefit more from light armor and magicka damage than from physical and medium. Just use the stam heals. Also, recommend SB over dw for the maj breach and fracture and use reverb bash. Could do something with the aoe immobilize and DW. Focus on maximizing potential for both types of implosions too.

Here is what my idea was:

Destro bar (fire or lightning) Reach, Curse, Conversion, Hardened, Wrath
    DW bar: Ravaging, Vigor, Critical Surge, Caltrops, Hurricane

Dots, and Curse into execute range (curse I'm on the fence - same with Hardened gonna have to see no CP tool tips)

Thinking same armor except monster which probably be skoria (Balorgh is always in my mind too)

Reach for CC, DW and Caltrops for snares

Hurricane for more mobility

Essentially same food etc as yours.

Whatcha think?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht in light? You can try it. I recently dropped rend for quick cloak so it’ll proc enchtants consistently rather than start of rend and light attacks. If you run fury instead of seventh that’ll be better. Achieve around 30k health in shor and 27k mag and 22k stam with tristat and a triune. I think you should run 2h for forward momentum or rally with vigor. More heals the better. I think you need to invest into penetration more than you need reach unless you want to use another destro skill. I’d still go pierce armor for breach and fracture cus your implosions will hit a lot harder as well as everything else. Reverb bash is an awesome stun/defile. Maybe you wouldn’t need conversion with both rally, vigor, crit surge, and a shield. You gotta start somewhere and feel it out tho.
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    I played hybrid sorc with 2h/bow shortly. Simple playstyle. Curse and fury were only things that i used that you don't normally use on stam sorc.
    Was fun and quick playstyle that could burst squishies really fast but not really to strong overall build.

I see some people mentioning templars. Thats actually first hybrid I tried but really while back when radiant was very strong. BoL+radiant and maybe vampire bane is what you could use on it. Actually even eclipse could be interesting skill.

Nb i never tried cause there is no point really. Swallow soul and maybe cripple are only two things that you could use that you don't already run at stamblade. Really can't see it as viable.

Right now warden and dk are imo classes with highest potential for hybrid. Lets say you are stamina player, you already have ways to do dmg with those classes and hybridization really opens up healing options that are not available to you normally.
    Dk has offensive and healing options through use of embers and whip and warden offers so many healing capabilities.
    I mean you could even use swarm but I would never go that far.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s a pretty girthy and erect whip and you clearly know how to use it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the jewellery enchants/traits and what's your mag recov like?
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SquareSausage 2 infused weapon damage, 1 healthy stam recovery. Mag recovery is like 900, run tripots. Its good.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SquareSausage 2 infused weapon damage, 1 healthy stam recovery. Mag recovery is like 900, run tripots. Its good.

My goal is 1600 Stam recovery and 1k mag recovery; without bloodspawn (because I noticed how you said ult sustain was key) do you think it'll sustain?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht yeah and youll just be a tank with no damage, you gain sustain thru healing thru the opposite pool. I'd try to do all damage and work into sustain, because you'll crutch on sustain you don't need trying to scale it back.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hear streamers are running my hybrid set ups now :)
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Finally whipped (get it) this build out last night. Only got to play it in a couple fights before I had to head to bed, but I was loving it.

Only issue I may have been running into was killing people, that is either me not having masters DW or just not being used to the build, probably a bit of both, more of the latter. And templars were a big issue, but that's expected running a dot build.

Overall though, loving it, and can't wait to whip (heh) it out again tonight!

Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Tzayad I loved this too, but you already discovered why I stopped using it. I gimped myself out of too much damage as a stam damage hybrid dk. I traded fragmented and roll dodges for lash and cauterize. It just became another way to sustain. And bar space is at a premium. And the way I could kill was thru non stop constant pressure with 2 resource pools and offensive healing, not big damage.

It was fun and you’ve inspired me to try it again with a slightly different set up.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for some great ideas, I’m pve rather than pvp but I’ve been looking for a way to recapture the fire and thunder of the old DK

Made some changes today. At the moment I’m using dragon guard, pelinals and grothdar with a charged two handed sword and infused fire staff, I hit almost 3500 spell and weapon damage and 40% crit on a max resist tank! This thing a beast and sustain is okay too, had to do more heavies with the sword than before as the stamina lags a bit but that’s manageable. I’m currently worldboss hunting, haven’t enjoyed my beloved DK so much in years

I love threads like this, all the best to you 🙂
    Edited by Integral1900 on March 30, 2019 6:35PM