Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Drizzt Do-Liftin's Medium Armor Hybrid Dk, THE STAM WHIP BUILD!!!!! The Stam Whip we’ve all wanted.

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
I am too lazy to make a build video and many of you saw my last lazy attempt, so I figured I would explain the build here. I wanted to be able to play a physical damage medium armor stam dk without having to turtle up and be able to continue to apply pressure like my magdk of old. So that is exactly what I accomplished. By achieving 5.5k spell and weapon damage with bloodspawn I was able to have those 14-15k heals from lash to be able to continue to do damage while I fought and I could also use embers or cauterize effectively. Stack this on seventh legion proc, rally, and vigor and you become quite tanky. We aren't trying to use magicka damage, though the whip still hits hard, we are just after the magicka heals for smoother gameplay and constant pressure. It definitely isn't meta, but it is fun, and effective.

-5 medium and 2 heavy, you can do 5-1-1 if you don't have master dw
-Pelinials on my 2h bar with my magicka abilities (double dot poisons)
-Seventh legion with jewelry(1 infused weapon damage, 2 healthy 1wd and 1 stam recov glyph) with and body
-Master DW with nirn stam recovery enchant and infused berserker
-Bloodspawn/kena
-Warrior/Serpent mundus depending on bgs or open world. Found more success overall with serpent
-Tristat on all big armor pieces, stam on small
-Tristat food
-51 points into stamina and 13 points into magicka
-CP tree is set up for a standard stam dk
-I ran vamp for the stam and mag recovery, I also like the stealth for open world, but dropped to level 3 or 1 for bgs.
-Health outside of cyrodiil lookst like 21.5-22.2k health, stam around 26-27k, and mag around 19-20k.
-I was also a dunmer
Below are two different bar setups I would run.
Setup 1
DW Bar: Venomous, Rending, Noxious, Volatile, Vigor (DB)
2H Bar: Rev slice, whip, fossilize, wings, rally (Leap)
Setup 2
DW: Noxious, Rending, Volatile, Vigor, Wings
2H: Rev slice, whip, embers, fossilize, rally
I would often drop wings for cauterize for duels, bg, or open depending on situation
If you don't run master dw, there is a lot more flexibility for skills.

If you like the build, I just ask that you visit my video and give a like. I am currently testing magicka damage version of this setup.Thanks.
https://youtu.be/qE_2NExaPVg
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 10, 2018 9:05PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    i dont understand what you mean by stam bar and mag bar. Do you have 4 bars? ;-)
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HansProlo Fixed it
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you mind if I copy your build on my dunmer? Looks pretty fun. Do you think this could work in battlegrounds or would the sustain be too low?
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 go for it. And it works in bgs. Since I released the vid I played it primarily in bgs. Most of the time I was always number 1 in kills on the team and about 50% of the time number 1 in damage and kills completely. Generally always had least deaths. I loved it though. Now I’m trying a light armor version that does mostly mag.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 go for it. And it works in bgs. Since I released the vid I played it primarily in bgs. Most of the time I was always number 1 in kills on the team and about 50% of the time number 1 in damage and kills completely. Generally always had least deaths. I loved it though. Now I’m trying a light armor version that does mostly mag.

I'll definitely try this out then! Guess we don't have to wait for a stamwhip anymore eh :trollface:
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 just make sure you use the stam recovery mundus.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome build!

I very much appreciate you writing this down for us, as opposed to making a video. I dont know about everyone else, but I dont often have a chance to watch videos. I can, however, read a forum post or a website at almost any time during the day!

So thank you! Looking forward to trying your build out some time!
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheStealthDude yeah I feel you on video builds. Hate them. If you have any questions hit me up. It took a lot of practice to get good at dueling with it. Strongly recommend fossilize, whip, and rev slice stay on same bar together.
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome build man. Just have one question, wouldnt it be more optimal to go with prismatic on all body pieces and 1-2 triune on jewelery (so u can get extra mag with same stam and hp)?
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Jaxaxo probably, but I wasn’t trying to min max yet. This was the start of a journey to find the best version of a hybrid. And I’m now on a version 2 testing it. But yeah I think your right
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will gladly watch u on this journey then. Gl!
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    so you are going hybrid for just the whip? i mean its a great skill but arent there any other magic skills which would profit by a hybrid build?

what about going heavy armor?
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HansProlo You could go heavy. And I listed the other skills.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you running this build when a couple of us ran into you this past Thursday and Friday?
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBH having the healing of Magicka while maintaining the ability to dodge roll is a good idea. You just need to worry about doing substantial damage which is where trying it out comes in.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @NyassaV your exactly right. The damage comes from dots and bleeds while having whip/embers for burning and heals for constant pressure. And sustain is so easy and it’s low recovery...
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudes legit. While open world on my sorc, I stop to watch this dude 1vX.
    Dro if you dont recognize my forum tag, we grouped up the other day with your buddy. My AD sorc is Makkir.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Malamar1229 bro you were carrying me, what you talking about?! Lol
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 10, 2018 5:28PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkysOutThizeOut (Driz),

If you’re running dots why not run skoria? Have you tried it?
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @kaithuzar it’s underwhelming open world and in cp environment because we have zero spell pen. Also bloodspawn is indispensable in resource management on a hybrid dk. But in my new version I’m trying, I am testing groth and skoria.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 10, 2018 6:07PM
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    Great build, I have bg’d against you and a good Magden a few times. It seems pretty tanky
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Get_Packed thanks and that magden would be the infamous Balockay.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it a lot. How would it do without master DW? Still viable?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht just as viable. And I’m running master swords and not axes, so I lose that bleed, but I’ve tried asylum and master 2h over master dw. Both worked well, but it’s about playatyle and what your against. Something else to consider is you could do sb and 2h and run pierce armor for major breach and fracture and focus more on mag/Fire damage and get a defile. Now you can do engulfing,embers, whip and valkyn and have super intense fire damage. Whtever you run, you need a 2h tho because rally/momentum hot and maj brut are op. And rev slice op. The possibilities are pretty wide open. Maybe what I just offered is more your style ;). Changing the build is as simple as reallocating enchants, mundus, and attributes to gain the proper amount of stam:mag allocation for you. @Get_Packed @NyassaV @kaithuzar @Malamar1229 @Jaxaxo @Ragnarock41 @TheStealthDude figured all of you might like a different play style and take on it that I chose not to do but considered.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on December 10, 2018 7:20PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht just as viable. And I’m running master swords and not axes, so I lose that bleed, but I’ve tried asylum and master 2h over master dw. Both worked well, but it’s about playatyle and what your against. Something else to consider is you could do sb and 2h and run pierce armor for major breach and fracture and focus more on mag/Fire damage and get a defile. Now you can do engulfing,embers, whip and valkyn and have super intense fire damage. Whtever you run, you need a 2h tho because rally/momentum hot and maj brut are op. And rev slice op. The possibilities are pretty wide open. Maybe what I just offered is more your style ;). Changing the build is as simple as reallocating enchants, mundus, and attributes to gain the proper amount of stam:mag allocation for you. @Get_Packed @NyassaV @kaithuzar @Malamar1229 @Jaxaxo @Ragnarock41 @TheStealthDude figured all of you might like a different play style and take on it that I chose not to do but considered.

What a nice informative reply! Thanks! Looks like I have something to try! Ty you again
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've always been a fan of single-bar-active Pelinal's setups.

So many attempts at hybrids run/ran it as 5 pieces on the body, which just isn't that efficient, imo.

...Always wanted to try pelinal's templar that runs bow+destro, lots of dots and poison inject+jesus beam. Probably not very good. Probably the ultimate Xv1 build.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht we can do this light, medium, heavy. Back bar pelinials or not. A million ways to play these 2 primary sets. Possibilities are limitless. I just recommend focusing on having a larger resource pool in support of primary damage.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse what I found is the hybrid shouldn’t necessarily be done for 2 types of damage, but should be done primarily for 2 types of heals and sustain. The additional type of damage can be a benefit. And with pierce armor in no cp 2 types of damage can work well if your going for auxiliary effects(stuns, snares, immobilizes, status effects) not gained from your primary damage.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its refreshing to find players effectively using non-meta builds. It's a win for the "play as you want" foundation, and another notch in a diversity cap.