The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Potential racial outcome?

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably going to nerf Argonian, Altmer, Dunmer, and Redguard into uselessness. Buff the rest. And nerf Nords just for kicks (it wouldn't be a ZOS patch without one completely head-scratching change).

New meta probably going to be Breton for magicka DPS and heals. Khajiit for stamina. Imperial for tank. Gotta sell those race change tokens.

I assume the will hand out free racechanges for each char, for the first week when the patch goes live.

Same was done for the big CP nerfs and when skills get reworked or many skills get drasticly changed

If they nerf everything thats now BiS into oblivion, and wont hand out changes or tokens, then they are just willing to take the losses (again).
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    I really hope they don't make another really dumb change

What are the odds of that?

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope dunmer won´t get too nerfed.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bosmer will have a new racial passive "You got ZOS'ed" [Increases the damage of Incap Strike by 560% and reduces the cost of cloak by 99%]

Altmer will have a passive called "No more meta for u boi!" [Decreases max magica by 6000 and elemental damage by 60%]

Nords will have a new passive as well - "RP Master" [Increases the beard size by 20% and turns all weapons into huge Korean MMO swords]

Argonians will have "The power of Prada" [Upon taking damage, your character turns into a stylish handbag with a hefty price tag to scare off an attacker]

:trollface:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More broken and shoehorned meta, given the development history. I’d like to be wrong, but let’s look at where we are.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will remove the percentage of max stat from racials. People will argue up and down about it but miss the point. This ISNT about balance. This is about power creep. ZOS is just STEALING more power from everyone's builds to sell back via CP.

Its gonna enrage me how people will insist on talking about whether Some races deserved a 10% max stat boost or if all races should have the same stats, and ignore completely what ZOS will be doing. Which is what they always do. Bail out water, but don't fix the leak.

Except every time they bail out water, or classes, races, and abilities get weaker, more homogenized, and less fun to play.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 10, 2018 9:17AM
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope that racial boundaries get reduced and that we get more options. This is a huge opportunity to make the game more interesting with a new system!
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see no good outcome for this.....
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is a numbers game, you can not have well balanced races between all of them. One thing is always going to be at the top or there will be multiple things with niche uses.
    #MOREORBS
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will remove the percentage of max stat from racials. People will argue up and down about it but miss the point. This ISNT about balance. This is about power creep. ZOS is just STEALING more power from everyone's builds to sell back via CP.

Its gonna enrage me how people will insist on talking about whether Some races deserved a 10% max stat boost or if all races should have the same stats, and ignore completely what ZOS will be doing. Which is what they always do. Bail out water, but don't fix the leak.

Except every time they bail out water, or classes, races, and abilities get weaker, more homogenized, and less fun to play.

CP is argubally the biggest culprit
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

CP is argubally the biggest culprit

Unfortunately new players with no cp, no crafter(and looking at MONTHS) no fast horse(again MONTHS) classes that are mere shadows from when we started due to nerfs and now races with no advantage will get the shaft. It just won't be the same game for them and if they want to move past overland content it'll be a grind fest for cp to balance the nerfs against cp....
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i'd like to see is, removal of the Skill Leveling passives, and replace them with something more useful.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowing ZOS they will destroy the popular races like dark elf, argonian, high elf, redguard maybe even Breton will get nerfed hard while everyone else gets slightly buffed
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think each race will have 1 or 2 of their most beneficial racial passives nerfed.

In addition to the nerfs mentioned above, each race will (probably) get a new racial passive, which will either be:
    a.) something similar to the last time each race got a new racial passive (that was when argonians got increased swim speed and wood elfs got reduced fall damage as new racial passives); OR
    b.) something that will facilitate a 'jack of all trades' (and master of none) approach for each race -- this could be done by giving the races that currently have magica racial passives a new stamina racial passive; races that currently have stamina racial passives would get a new magica racial passive; and the race that currently has neither (you know who you are) would get both a new stamina and a new magica racial passive.

I'm not saying that this is what I want, because it isn't. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if something like this is what ends up happening.
    Edited by Maryal on December 10, 2018 4:39PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So since morrowind, we have had 3 rounds of brutal nerf patches.

Morrowind sustain nerf, clockwork nerfs, and Nerfmire. Is the game balanced now? If not, how many more times must our class skills and passives be brutally nerfed until we are balanced?

It's disingenuous to use the word "Balance." Balance implies that some stuff is super strong while other stuff is weak and the act of balancing either nerfs the strong or buffs the weak.

But in these brutal nerf patches, EVERYONES sustain was nerfed. Across ALL classes, everyone's skills lost utility. That isn't balance, that's power creep correction.

I am afraid the Racial "Balance" patch is going to be the same way. Nerf Every max stat race so that ALL your characters lose effective DPS equally to match up with the power you've recently gotten from adding more CP every patch plus the NEW BIS gear they always throw in that is much stronger than the last BIS gear so you have to buy and farm the new content.

This isn't balance. Its theft.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on December 15, 2018 5:28PM