The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Potential racial outcome?

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
The time has come! How do you think racials will emerge next patch/how would you like them to emerge?

Edit:
For the 3rd option, I forgot to add at the end "will be made" and idk why the poll is set to annoymous, I didnt check that box
Edited by JobooAGS on December 10, 2018 1:53AM

Potential racial outcome? 137 votes

Surprisenly well balanced, racials will have somewhat of an impact but you wont be gimping yourself in the endgame for choosing an off race
9% 13 votes
The meta will just shift to another race(s)
48% 67 votes
Racials as it stands now won't change, however additions to bring races out of being pigeon holed to respective roles
8% 12 votes
Execute order 66
32% 45 votes
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Wait and see
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the 3rd option, I forgot to add at the end "will be made" and idk why the poll is set to annoymous, I didnt check that box
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pick my characters based on a roleplaying idea like "High Elf veteran of the Three Banners War comes home and has to save Summerset" so I don't worry much about racial passives or feel any desire to race change to follow the meta.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 10, 2018 1:54AM
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the "Terrified everything will go wrong" option?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first choice is probably the best possible outcome. What I imagine will actually happen, is that ZOS will offer homogenized racial morph choices for all classes, keeping maybe one or two unique passives for each that don't have a bearing on character sheet stats. Then a specific set of morphs will become BiS for each role and people will be able to play whatever race they want. So you'll have more aesthetic diversity but less actual build diversity. If were lucky there won't be an OP combination that makes the game cancer somehow.

At worst ZOS removes all unique abilities, completely stripping classes of any identity. Unforeseen combinations of racial passives are combined to make on BiS combo and this is pointed out on PTS but ZOS ignores it and lets it go live and we suffer through it for several months before a half assed fix is put in place. Life goes on as usual. This is also very possible.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

I intended that to be execute order 66
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    The first choice is probably the best possible outcome. What I imagine will actually happen, is that ZOS will offer homogenized racial morph choices for all classes, keeping maybe one or two unique passives for each that don't have a bearing on character sheet stats. Then a specific set of morphs will become BiS for each role and people will be able to play whatever race they want. So you'll have more aesthetic diversity but less actual build diversity. If were lucky there won't be an OP combination that makes the game cancer somehow.

At worst ZOS removes all unique abilities, completely stripping classes of any identity. Unforeseen combinations of racial passives are combined to make on BiS combo and this is pointed out on PTS but ZOS ignores it and lets it go live and we suffer through it for several months before a half assed fix is put in place. Life goes on as usual. This is also very possible.

Im all for diversity in games instead of people being pigeonholed into a select few races. Not everyone wants to be an elven mage or a human/kitty warrior or a lizard tank
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to hope that any racial adjustments will allow for more neutral choices than they are now. I play mages and archers - all Bosmer for RP reasons. Not pidgeonholing races into stam or mag would be most welcome.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted "The meta will just shift to another race(s)"

I'm not feeling the love here. So far (6 months in) I'm not finding that ZOS has any clue about anything much. I really think that they should go back to school with Beth, or take lessons from Blizz.... and I haven't played WoW since 2013....

Fortunately, I don't suck the meta, and I have fun with the game. So *shrug*.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably going to nerf Argonian, Altmer, Dunmer, and Redguard into uselessness. Buff the rest. And nerf Nords just for kicks (it wouldn't be a ZOS patch without one completely head-scratching change).

New meta probably going to be Breton for magicka DPS and heals. Khajiit for stamina. Imperial for tank. Gotta sell those race change tokens.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 10, 2018 2:24AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both the first and second are true. The races will be balanced such that you won't be gimping yourself for picking the "wrong" one, but the meta will just shift to whatever the "best" one is anyway. That's what the meta does. Unless options are mathematically identical in every way, there will always be a meta choice and you will always be ridiculed for not following it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need the "Don't have a crystal ball" option.

I'll react when the changes are on PTS. Until then, it's pointless to speculate. Although, speculating can add to some gamers' sense of authority about what's going on in the game.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably going to nerf Argonian, Altmer, Dunmer, and Redguard into uselessness. Buff the rest. And nerf Nords just for kicks (it wouldn't be a ZOS patch without one completely head-scratching change).

New meta probably going to be Breton for magicka DPS and heals. Khajiit for stamina. Imperial for tank. Gotta sell those race change tokens.

Ain't hap'nin here. I have a lot of girls, a lot of races, a lot of classes. If none of them seem to cut the mustard.... I'll buy a second account.

But I don't think it's going to be a problem for me. I'll play what I have, and do what I do. Level slowly, because with lag like mine there's no way I can kill quest line mini-bosses....
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.

also can someone explain the 'order 66' joke to me, I don't watch that. And before you hate,

...I don't like the series. Now feel free to hate twice as much. I won't care...
    Edited by kadochka on December 10, 2018 2:38AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kadochka - yeah, no clue on that either. I suppose it must be something on tv? I don't DO tv. Never have....
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @kadochka - yeah, no clue on that either. I suppose it must be something on tv? I don't DO tv. Never have....

Looked it up, vaguely.. think it's Star Wars..?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Yep.

also can someone explain the 'order 66' joke to me, I don't watch that. And before you hate,

...I don't like the series. Now feel free to hate twice as much. I won't care...

Execute Order 66 was given to kill the jedi... in this case to kill the racials... or its just there for the meme
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Looked it up, vaguely.. think it's Star Wars..?

And youre right
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Yep.

Execute Order 66 was given to kill the jedi... in this case to kill the racials... or its just there for the meme

Aahhh, ok!! Makes sense now. Thanks! :3

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh. Well. I watch the first three movies to this day, several times a year. Not much interest in the others.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way to know yet. Zos could just shift meta, or they may strip all racials and leave your 1% gold/exp etc and call it done(they don't always nerf in ways that would help THEM either, such as race change).

When can we see this on pts anyone know?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned in public notice this time your class reps will bring up concerns on your behalf before changes hit pts. While it's impossible for everyone to be happy would have a bit more faith.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as Imperial passives become the best that is all that matters, nerf everything else into the ground!😂
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering Zos rebalanced racial passives less than two years ago and feel the need to do it again should be enough to demonstrate what we should expect.

Couple that with the brilliant rebalancing of weapon traits that lead DPS from 2 traints and tanks from a selection to both builds preform best with infused.

Zos has a great track record for changing their mind on how to balance this game and not thinking through major changes they implement.

In other words, most of us would have a new career by now if we managed things that good.
    Edited by idk on December 10, 2018 4:25AM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really hard to say without looking at the proposed changes. But if history is any indication, I'm not optimistic.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not 100% sure what is gonna happen, but I think they’re looking at evening out the races so certain ones aren’t the absolute best at certain roles by miles over the other races, like redguards for stam dps and altmer/dunmer for magicka dps. I think they’ll try to make it so other stam races will be more in line with them, as with magicka races. I can also see Breton and Nord buffs.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if the changes simply add stamina and magicka options in racial morphs it will be a huge quality of life change. I really hope they don't make another really dumb change that gets hotfixed in a few weeks.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    Even if the changes simply add stamina and magicka options in racial morphs it will be a huge quality of life change. I really hope they don't make another really dumb change that gets hotfixed in a few weeks.

Well it would honestly be a first, so....
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know deep down racial will be so *** *** up when their done with.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then their going to fix it to make it more broken and then everything will be definitely packing packed upped.
    Edited by jtm1018 on December 10, 2018 6:08AM