Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What makes exploring fun?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you enjoy the scences, The music or maybe over atmosphere?
Edited by Tasear on December 9, 2018 7:53PM
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    I love all the tiny little details left by the design team. Those places not marked by anything, with no more story except for what the disposition of the items tells you. Or when the game rewards you for speaking with a specific NPC with some extra info or a quest item found in a dead NPC that attacked you. I also love the funny moments, like when there is a troll under a bridge. Or when, after following a harsh trail, you find an unmarked location, which to top it up, has a giant on top!

2zgavf6.png
    2inoub.png
    2qdqsf5.png
    15d50nb.png

I love unmarked places and paths. They often lead to the best experiences :p

I will say though that it also works the opposite. Like when an NPC tells you about this cool location, you go there, and it's simply closed up, not possible to enter, like Timberscar hollow.

Also, yes, all of the moments I've chosen to depict are from Cyrodill. And that's because I love exploring in Cyrodill. The area hides some amazing stuff for those happy to take the risk. I wish more people took the time to explore Cyrodill <3 (and no, I do not use any addons to tell me where stuff is)
    Edited by Derbforgaill on December 10, 2018 9:53AM