The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Toxic AD mouthpieces need to get their egos under control

Waylander07
Waylander07
✭✭✭✭
I have been playing in Cyridiil since launch and outside of the lag and bugs have enjoyed the experience. I have supported AD all the way, but the toxicity levels in chat have become so bad when things go bad for us that its hard to ignore. Everyday these so-called great players start their daily everyone’s an idiot rants when thing go against us.

While AD was well outnumbered defending Alessia this morning one of these great players was telling everyone to stop being an idiot and attack roe. After our failed defence this great player started telling all AD that we were idiots. I asked why that was and was told that it’s the same pattern everyday and that players like me never learn (now I’m pretty sure that player doesn’t know me but who am I to argue with their self-perceived greatness)

Now I can handle one or even a few of these idiot callers in chat, but I swear they are breading like rabbits. For years I have seen them grow like mould in a damp bathroom. I have tried putting them on my ignore list but more just pop up and they all shout the same insults.

Let me make my opinion clear on these egotistical chuckleheads, calling you fellow teammates idiots, cowards or pathetic when things turn against us does not make you exempt from the blame. When AD fail you fail with them, it’s called being a team.

Now unlike you idiot callers I’m going to provide you with an answer to the your I’m surrounded by idiot’s mentality that you have. Here it is ….
Instead of typing insults while the rest of us fight, form your own group and lead by example or just get professional help for those inflated egos, either way will help

Have a good day folks
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY

Maybe go your own account instead of copying a well known PC EU Vivec AD player.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just fill their mouths with some quality "tea".
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing in Cyridiil since launch and outside of the lag and bugs have enjoyed the experience. I have supported AD all the way, but the toxicity levels in chat have become so bad when things go bad for us that its hard to ignore. Everyday these so-called great players start their daily everyone’s an idiot rants when thing go against us.

While AD was well outnumbered defending Alessia this morning one of these great players was telling everyone to stop being an idiot and attack roe. After our failed defence this great player started telling all AD that we were idiots. I asked why that was and was told that it’s the same pattern everyday and that players like me never learn (now I’m pretty sure that player doesn’t know me but who am I to argue with their self-perceived greatness)

Now I can handle one or even a few of these idiot callers in chat, but I swear they are breading like rabbits. For years I have seen them grow like mould in a damp bathroom. I have tried putting them on my ignore list but more just pop up and they all shout the same insults.

Let me make my opinion clear on these egotistical chuckleheads, calling you fellow teammates idiots, cowards or pathetic when things turn against us does not make you exempt from the blame. When AD fail you fail with them, it’s called being a team.

Now unlike you idiot callers I’m going to provide you with an answer to the your I’m surrounded by idiot’s mentality that you have. Here it is ….
    Instead of typing insults while the rest of us fight, form your own group and lead by example or just get professional help for those inflated egos, either way will help

Have a good day folks

Quite often players do try, they do give it their all, and despite that, they loose (somebody has to loose ... LOL). Beating down your 'troops' so to speak, de-motivates them, makes them feel as though they aren't good enough, useless, etc. If someone who is supposed to be leading and encouraging their troops wants to beat them down just because things aren't going their way, I say nothing and simply leave pvp for a few hours.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBF, AD PC NA Vivec really ARE marginal trash tho.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three factions have fallen significantly from where they were years ago. There is little to no coordination other than between a few guild groups (when those groups are playing), and the majority of small groups of experienced players don't care about the map - nor do they want to fight 50+ opponents if they try to care about the map. That leaves the vocal minority who tries to direct and give advice - many of whom have zero grasp of strategy or understanding of the other factions (who is online, what decisions they will make, and what motivates them). That vocal minority doesn't care what you tell them, and many seem to be entertained by calling out others on their own factions. AD is the worst for this, but I've seen it on DC and to a limited extent on EP as well.

The main challenges with leading PuGs are:
    1. If you don't have a regular group of players who know each other and coordinate builds, you're going to have a bad composition.
    2. If you have a bad composition, you're only as effective as a group a fraction of the size.
    3. If you don't have everyone in voice comms and willing/able to follow directions, you're going to spend more energy herding squirrels than having fun.
    4. If you don't have everyone in proper PvP gear, you're going to get blown up by vicious death procs.
    5. If you don't have everyone in proper PvP builds, you're not going to do enough damage to be effective as a group.
    6. The people who are in solo, gank, PvE, or even some small group builds are not going to contribute very much to a large group's success (think bow / light attack spamming in a group of 15 trying to fight a zerg).

The main challenges with leading guild groups are:
    1. There aren't many solid guilds around anymore.
    2. More competent guild players have left the game than are still around.
    3. Players don't want to or can't commit to raid times.
    4. You have to constantly work to keep a solid group composition with rotating and variable availability by members.
    5. Players don't want to put the time into working together to practice.
    6. Players get frustrated when as a new group they can't take on an established min/max group.
    7. Players don't want to give up their prima donna attitudes ("all the killing blows are MINE") for the benefit of the group.
    8. Players don't want to play within the confines of their roles and responsibilities.
    9. There are always the "good people but bad players" who who bring down the group, but you don't want to get rid of them.
    10. Until you reach a perfect balance of min/maxed composition and have players with a good attitude, leading is more work than it is fun.

I've thought about starting something up again, but don't have the time or inclination to put the work in. I'm happy raiding Tuesdays and Thursdays, then other evenings that I play chillax in a small group of friends.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.gif
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are maybe 3 or 4 players on each faction who actually make intelligent or helpful suggestions in zone chat. I'd put the others on ignore, but that would deprive me of the pure comedy I get from reading their laughable grand strategy or hypocritical rants.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platform? Server? Campaign?

I play EP, so I wouldnt know what AD gets up to in their own chat, but I can't imagine they are ALL that bad.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iksra stirring up trouble again i see.

Be careful who you label as really good players, most of the zone generals are mediocre at best.

Remember like Jay-Z says:

The strong move quiet, the weak start riots.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thinking this is every faction.
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore is your friend here. It can be amusing to read the zone but I have to admit that long rants are just bad for the mood.
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Devlzdaughter
    Devlzdaughter
    ✭✭✭

I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Edited by Devlzdaughter on December 9, 2018 4:30PM
    "The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for ...”
    ― Tucker Max

Domina'trix ~ Mag DK
    Dominatresse ~ NB

GM of Total Dominionation Vivec NA PC
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason your ignore list doesn't work is because the people raging have been banned and made new accounts so many times :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    EP has a few exactly like you describe.
    Now these are also the same ones that faction swap all the time too. A few hours on EP then when EP doesn't bow down to them, they switch to their alts. I think they like all the tea-bagging they get to be honest. Curious if some are the same people lol.
    I have gotten a few whispers from AD & DC saying for EP to take back the flip floppers because they are just as annoying over there as well.
    For some it's an attention thing. A lack of power or something in real life, so they go overboard in game trying to prove they are all powerful & better than everyone else.
    It's fascinating to watch at times so I don't mind.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Step 1. Build your reputation
    Step 2. Make suggestions in zone chat

So many people forget step 1.

There aren’t any zone chat generals that I’d take seriously these days.. but then again, I am not exactly an alliance-map player.. I care more about fights.

When people try to yell at their alliance teammates in zone chat, all they end up doing is making themselves look bad/pathetic.
    Edited by Thogard on December 9, 2018 7:41PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 /zone Go siege brk maggots

#2 Go there in person, drop few sieges, and start sieging. Then /zone I'm sieging brk come help if you can.

In general #2 kind of person is more helpful than #1.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    From What other players have told me, AD has been this way since a certain big named player who was a die hard AD was banned from the forums and sort of stopped playing the game I think?

The best answer for zone being toxic is pretty simple. Start ignoring most zone generals, anyone who hates on ANY sort of organized raid, and small ganking groups that run 3-6 people. These three groups have become INCREDIBLY toxic now that each faction has more guilds then pugs (which is a good thing for the game whether they believe it or not).

But there is also the other approach of just ignoring zone as a whole and work with just one or two other guilds and coordinate with them, or just do it alone. This will make for a much more enjoyable experience imo.

Friday night raids on EP are some of the best ever because all the failed zone generals and super small man ganking groups leave and all that is left are 5-6 guilds and some really good pugs. Zone chat is positive and people are coordinating a lot better, and its overall a FAR more fun experience!

Just try and think about ways you can change the atmosphere of your faction, and trust me, there are always ways to do it :)
    Edited by _Crow on December 9, 2018 8:25PM
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Telel's experience there are three kinds of 'toxic' AD zone chatters

1) The EP alts who are waiting for their 'organized and skillfull' groups to get into the double digits before they switch back to their mains. They'll leave as soon as they have a couple dozen zerglings to hide behind.

This is also how you can tell Alessia is about to get zerged hard. Zone chat will suddenly become much quieter and more polite.

2) Zone generals who are 'to good' to lead their own groups but like to shout orders. They usually do this while telling the handful of group leaders to 'stop being so toxic it's a game lol'. All of which they do from inside a keep or base camp.

3) That one guy ZOS won't let us name for fear of violating TOS. However he also gets impersonate by the first type of 'toxic AD' player.

For some reason all three types love to hide at Alessia. Usually behind a wall of people they refer to as 'bads'. These 'bads' are then used to provide hiding places so that the toxic 'AD" player need not be forced to do any of the things they demand others do.

Telel finds that all three suffer from the same general weakness though. Namely a skilled combination of right clicking and short mouse motions otherwise known as putting them on ignore.

Oh, and this one should remind all the 'good' players that there is one simple solution if you want the Dumbminion to both do better, and do what you want it to....

Sadly most people who complain also claim to be 'to good' to take that option.
    Edited by Telel on December 9, 2018 8:53PM
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    every faction have these people. The problem is that people are so IN to the game, that hey forget that , it's just a game. Best thing is just to ignore, dont argue with them, dont insult them back, dont even ask why they're upset.
    Other people are trolls, they say something to spark the conflict and probably laughing at end of a screen from peoples reactions, so dont bother.
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Crown wrote: »
    All three factions have fallen significantly from where they were years ago. There is little to no coordination other than between a few guild groups (when those groups are playing), and the majority of small groups of experienced players don't care about the map - nor do they want to fight 50+ opponents if they try to care about the map. That leaves the vocal minority who tries to direct and give advice - many of whom have zero grasp of strategy or understanding of the other factions (who is online, what decisions they will make, and what motivates them). That vocal minority doesn't care what you tell them, and many seem to be entertained by calling out others on their own factions. AD is the worst for this, but I've seen it on DC and to a limited extent on EP as well.

The main challenges with leading PuGs are:
    1. If you don't have a regular group of players who know each other and coordinate builds, you're going to have a bad composition.
    2. If you have a bad composition, you're only as effective as a group a fraction of the size.
    3. If you don't have everyone in voice comms and willing/able to follow directions, you're going to spend more energy herding squirrels than having fun.
    4. If you don't have everyone in proper PvP gear, you're going to get blown up by vicious death procs.
    5. If you don't have everyone in proper PvP builds, you're not going to do enough damage to be effective as a group.
    6. The people who are in solo, gank, PvE, or even some small group builds are not going to contribute very much to a large group's success (think bow / light attack spamming in a group of 15 trying to fight a zerg).

The main challenges with leading guild groups are:
    1. There aren't many solid guilds around anymore.
    2. More competent guild players have left the game than are still around.
    3. Players don't want to or can't commit to raid times.
    4. You have to constantly work to keep a solid group composition with rotating and variable availability by members.
    5. Players don't want to put the time into working together to practice.
    6. Players get frustrated when as a new group they can't take on an established min/max group.
    7. Players don't want to give up their prima donna attitudes ("all the killing blows are MINE") for the benefit of the group.
    8. Players don't want to play within the confines of their roles and responsibilities.
    9. There are always the "good people but bad players" who who bring down the group, but you don't want to get rid of them.
    10. Until you reach a perfect balance of min/maxed composition and have players with a good attitude, leading is more work than it is fun.

I've thought about starting something up again, but don't have the time or inclination to put the work in. I'm happy raiding Tuesdays and Thursdays, then other evenings that I play chillax in a small group of friends.

What guild you are raiding with, Crown?
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ignore, mute, or just laugh at them and keep playing how you want to. Those zone chat warriors are just insecure, sad people who are desperate to get attention any way they can. It doesn't matter whether people love 'em' hate 'em, as long as they get someone to fight with, they're happy. It seems to me that ignoring them is the one thing that they can't handle, so if everyone did that, I bet they'd get bored eventually and move on.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not a problem during DC prime-time PC Vivec. DC is pretty lazy and laid back. One zone general might try and kick some dust up maybe two but we all play for fun and we have a good mix. Even when we are losing by 5k points it's still pretty laid back and lazy. We do have a Vader/Meshuggah/bass blast adrenaline guild that runs and they are effective. We have pick up groups that run and they seem fine. I don't normally run in a pug but I did on Saturday and the raid leader knew what he was doing. With 16 random people the right side of EP collapsed and then the south of EP to AD. All three EP trikeeps fell to a non-faction stack with one dedicated guild group and pick up groups spread out among the keeps.

If AD has a zone toxicity problem it might be because they have no tanking races and can't really form a battle line. Thus the burden falls on the individual to have perfect dodge rolls/bolt escapes and when they don't they are dubbed bad. AD does not have a counterpart to Breton/Orc/Nord/Argonian. The best they might field is an imperial which is pretty strong but is geared towards stamina. Or I suppose if they have any race any alliance they might have some Bretons and Argonians and maybe Orcs and Nords.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on who it was, for me. There are a couple of people that come to mind. One we all know and I think he means well, even when calling people idiots and mediocre, its not really aggressive its just kind of silly. The other I am not a fan of, they tend to call people out by name if they make a mistake or he/she/they think the person is a bad player and then get yelled at by zone for being a jerk. I don't listen to them at all. I don't have them on ignore, simply in case they call something important out. But that person is the only one, in any faction, that I really do not like on a personal level. I've had better conversations with members of other factions who were mad when the conversation started than I think the second person I mentioned is even capable of.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use general chat to report enemy activity, and your own if it is worth reporting (like when you put a keep on fire so people know which side is UA), and let your fellow players make their own decisions.

Giving orders in general chat is futile, expecting anyone to follow them madness.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think the same issue is ESO wide rather than faction, campaign or platform specific (although I've only played on PS4). If it wasn't for keeping an eye out for where the action is, I'd lose text chat all together.

As someone who spends a lot of time running around solo, I like it when people put the 'green bars' down and call out in text chat for solo players to join a group and do something useful.

Then if you choose to join a group, the group is so spread out it is useless, or you get criticized because you don't have at least 3 siege out (even if they have none out), or crown tells the group what the next target it when they themselves are already half way there, or tells you what you did wrong after you have wiped, etc.

I'm here to play a game, I'll go into Cyrodiil when I feel like it and do my best to support my alliance when I am on. I worry about people who take it more seriously than that - even though this might put me on some peoples 'don't invite to group' lists.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Thinking this is every faction.

Yes, I agree. We have a wide range of personalities in every faction.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What guild you are raiding with, Crown?

@HaroniNDeorum I raid with Omni on Tuesdays and Thursdays from about 8:30pm to 11pm eastern. Other days/nights if I play, I solo or small group with whatever friends are around.
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GO AD OR GO CRY

What is with you and your "do this or cry" posts.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    GO AD OR GO CRY

What is with you and your "do this or cry" posts.

Maybe he is referencing AD on PC EU here...I don't know, I rarely step foot on PC EU Vivec and instead do BGs. When I do though, AD is somehow always locked and the other factions pretty empty...Gets pretty old having 20 people attack one guy :D
This discussion has been closed.