Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Fallout 76

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Well at least Zenimax is a little bit more competent on patching/flex-taping their game
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay!
    Options
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t even know what this means? Is FO not patched yet? The reviews are so bad I haven’t gone near it.... not yet anyways
    Options
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3808.png

3812.png
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t even know what this means? Is FO not patched yet? The reviews are so bad I haven’t gone near it.... not yet anyways

It's gotten some patches, though from what I hear they introduced some new bugs. Not unexpected to be honest. This would hardly be the first online game that needed ironed out for a while after launch just to reach a stable state.

But the Fallout 76...er...fallout goes well beyond a few bugs. Bethesda is scrambling like mad to save face what with the refund debacle, class action suit rumors, canvas bag controversy and support system glitch that resulted in a customer data breach. And that's not even touching on the fundamental design flaws. All of this together means their reputation has taken a big hit.

I love Fallout, but I'm honestly not sure I'll ever pick this one up. I've decided to take a wait and see approach.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And people wondered why Bethesda didn't develop ESO :D
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
    Options
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This really needed another topic...
    PS5 EU.
    Options
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    I play 76 while ESO servers are down for maintenance. I love playing Fallout 76, but the amount of lag is terrible, way worse than ESO... (using Xbox One EU with a super fast connection).
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngelaWasp wrote: »
    I play 76 while ESO servers are down for maintenance. I love playing Fallout 76, but the amount of lag is terrible, way worse than ESO... (using Xbox One EU with a super fast connection).

honestly Fallout 76 isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be. sure it has issues, but there isn't a single game in creation that doesn't
    Options
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

honestly Fallout 76 isn't nearly as terrible as people make it out to be. sure it has issues, but there isn't a single game in creation that doesn't

Unfinished product

Copy paste of fallout 4 which is 3 years old

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

PvE mechanic buggy and un-fun

Bases disappear when you log out

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
    Options
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In b4 lock
    Options
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In b4 lock

Damn, you beat me Stew! Lol
    Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who cares
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda are notorious for the bad Q&A of their products, maybe not the best standard to compare to, since you barely can go any lower.
    Options
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭

zenimax and bethesda once again managed to rip players off.

1- if you buy the game and want a refund you must
    1a- not download the game becauseif oyu download it you cannont be refunded, dont me why that was bethesda refund policy since tey didnt go through steam this time
    1b- not accept the 500 "crown currency from FO76" gift they make or you cannot be refunded the money you paid for the game
    1c- a player downloaded the game, and didn't like his experience at all because the game is pregnant with bugs, ww spider pregnant mode, and asked for a refund.... they later contacted the player in question and told him to sit on it because he had downloaded the game hence he had lost his refund right because of him downloading the game.

2- they dropped the game from 80 to almost 35$ and it will probably be lower with time
    3- they offered a 250$ deal on a fo76 edition that was supposed to come with canvas fo76 edition bag and ended up with a nylon bag. only the hype makers ended up with a real canvas bag
    4- not once have they made a patch to fix anything
    the list goes on and on and every weeks bethesda adds another nail to its coffin by ignoring its player base... kind of like in ESOand releasing some content ehre and there for a cash grab.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbCHvNhbJSE
    Edited by BoneShatterer on December 9, 2018 2:23PM
    Options
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame... love FO (original).... Was hyped for 76....
    Options
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still playing FO76 every day more often than ESO, just really doing my writs in ESO and that's about it everyday
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FO76 is pure trash, it is a retread of FO 4 and a few other old games, they cut corners so hard they did not even change the coding notes from the game they cut and pasted out of.
    Now they are trying to offer 500 atom points instead of the promised real merchandise of a canvas bag.
    FO 76 is a proverbial dumpster fire, seriously when a company tries to avoid delivering a real world promised product things are bad!
    Edited by Skwor on December 9, 2018 2:48PM
    Options
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Unfinished product

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?

It's hardly unfinished. The game is full to the brim with content, but it doesn't have an end phase because that isn't how survival games work.

it's actually a slightly newer engine than fallout 4. it runs better than 4 does which is good in my book.

it is a new game. it's an entirely new map with new unique locations, unique lore, and a plethora of unique monsters. i'd call that new.

PvP absolutely exists, it's just you can't bully newer players, they have to be above a certain level before they can be slain.

What do you mean unfun? Do you mean working together to take down larger enemies isn't fun? well gee maybe it isn't the right game for you. Or doy ou mean how they balanced the pip boy's auto aim mechanic?

No *** bases vanish when you log out, that has been an intended feature from the get-go. it prevents players from griefing your home when you aren't online to defend it.

you know for as many people who whine about lag, i almost never have any serious issues. maybe im just lucky.
    Options
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not even phil swift and flex-tape could salvage the current fallout 76 situation
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bethesda are notorious for the bad Q&A of their products, maybe not the best standard to compare to, since you barely can go any lower.

The only company I can think who are worse is Obsidian. Haven't played the last couple of Obsidian games, so no clue whether they have improved or not. The only 3 games i have ever not been able to finish due to game breakers are Alpha Protocol, Daggerfall and STALKER Clear Skies. The former 2 being from Obsidian and Bethesda respectively.

No idea why Bethesda have gotten away with it for so long. People jest about the amount of bugs, but it really hasn't ever been funny. Skyrim was a monumental f-up on the PS3 when it first released, Oblivion is still a very, very buggy mess on consoles (The Thieves Guild being the main one). The only reason i can think up why Bethesda have gotten away with it is because it's the gamers themselves that fix their messes with unofficial patches. Bethesda really need to bin that relic of a game engine. Multi million dollar company still scrapping by on a God awful engine that wasn't even that great when it first appeared all those years ago.
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unfinished product

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?

It's hardly unfinished. The game is full to the brim with content, but it doesn't have an end phase because that isn't how survival games work.

it's actually a slightly newer engine than fallout 4. it runs better than 4 does which is good in my book.

it is a new game. it's an entirely new map with new unique locations, unique lore, and a plethora of unique monsters. i'd call that new.

PvP absolutely exists, it's just you can't bully newer players, they have to be above a certain level before they can be slain.

What do you mean unfun? Do you mean working together to take down larger enemies isn't fun? well gee maybe it isn't the right game for you. Or doy ou mean how they balanced the pip boy's auto aim mechanic?

No *** bases vanish when you log out, that has been an intended feature from the get-go. it prevents players from griefing your home when you aren't online to defend it.

you know for as many people who whine about lag, i almost never have any serious issues. maybe im just lucky.

The whiteknight is strong with this one.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Unfinished product

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?

I'm glad you like it and we all have our guilty pleasures insofar that we see more good in certain games that obviously have major issues. Hell, Sacred 2 is one of my all time favourite games. I don't see the many flaws most others see. Doesn't mean I'm right and everyone else is incorrect, though.

The fact it's dropped down to near bargain basement prices says more about the state of the game than anything i could conjure up. It's been as low as £15 here in the UK. A game that has been out a mere week or 2. Come on, that happens for a reason and it certainly doesn't match up with your personal FO 76 eutopia. Do I think you're talking garbage? No. Because you happen to see past all the shortcomings and that's a good thing. But don't try to insult everyone else's intelligence by making out the game is something it most certainly isn't.
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only company I can think who are worse is Obsidian. Haven't played the last couple of Obsidian games, so no clue whether they have improved or not. The only 3 games i have ever not been able to finish due to game breakers are Alpha Protocol, Daggerfall and STALKER Clear Skies. The former 2 being from Obsidian and Bethesda respectively.

They haven't improved at all. Obsidian games are usually gems beneath the technical issues though, whereas Bethesda's are mostly crap without user created content.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

Unfinished product

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?

Because his experience and opinion doesn't fall inline with the "Bash FO76" hype machine? Just because the internet has become a giant negative feedback loop about the game, doesn't invalidate the many people who are playing it any enjoying it daily.

Personally I've played a bit of it, both during beta and since release. It's got problems that really need addressed, but I don't think it's a complete dumpster fire.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well at least Zenimax is a little bit more competent on patching/flex-taping their game
    Bethesda relied heavily on the community for fixing and completing their games, with F76 they were on their own for the first time, look what happened. People suing them because of refunds and I bet people also suing them for the data leak they've got few days ago.
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Skwor wrote: »

Unfinished product

Sold as "new game"

PvP mechanic unexistent

Skill level is a thing

L A G

Want me to continue?

Because his experience and opinion doesn't fall inline with the "Bash FO76" hype machine? Just because the internet has become a giant negative feedback loop about the game, doesn't invalidate the many people who are playing it any enjoying it daily.

Personally I've played a bit of it, both during beta and since release. It's got problems that really need addressed, but I don't think it's a complete dumpster fire.

It is a dumpster fire. Doesn't mean there won't be people like yourself who think it's good. We all like a dumpster fire game or two ourselves. Doesn't change what they are. Fighter Within on the Xbox has its fans too as does Knack on the PS4.
    Edited by Prof_Bawbag on December 9, 2018 3:22PM
    Options
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's laughable that a developer with the resources and cachet of BGS willfully foisted that unfinished pre-alpha turd on their fans. And not just their fans, their most devoted, hard core fans. I have my issues with ZoS, but they come out looking good by comparison.
    forever stuck in combat
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having close to 80 hours into Fallout 76, I find all the hate threads amusing AF.
    Is it the best game in the world? No
    Does it work perfect? No
    Is it Fallout 4 online? No
    Is it fun? As long as you arent a dumb, spoiled brat. Heck yea

Even more amusing are the 'just because you find it fun doesnt mean it doesnt suck' people. Just because you are a spoiled brat that didnt get the exactly what they wanted doesnt mean the game sucks lol.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.