The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NB vs Hurricane

Lord_Etrigan
Lord_Etrigan
✭✭✭✭
Hi Guys,

Looking for advice.

What counters can a nb use against Hurricane.
I find that once you are within range you are done for as you can't cloak and it stuns you nonstop.
PS4 EU
Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane just reveals you. I main a stamsorc so I can only give advice from that point of view.

I will usually always catch a nb trying to escape, but only because most players move so predictably. They always go for the escape that is most obvious. If there is some good terrain around you can use that, like cloak and jump off hill since there will be multiple layers of rocks and places to go, making it harder to track you.

The best way to escape imo is to fear/stun the stamsorc then try to escape, or just use shade. A good nb using shade and cloak is very hard to catch.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Hurricane just reveals you. I main a stamsorc so I can only give advice from that point of view.

I will usually always catch a nb trying to escape, but only because most players move so predictably. They always go for the escape that is most obvious. If there is some good terrain around you can use that, like cloak and jump off hill since there will be multiple layers of rocks and places to go, making it harder to track you.

The best way to escape imo is to fear/stun the stamsorc then try to escape, or just use shade. A good nb using shade and cloak is very hard to catch.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated
    PS4 EU
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

LOL, just today I toyed with a stam sorc running hurricane. I do not move so predictably and eventually wore him down and killed him.

But yes, if you pay attention how they move towards where they think you are you can start getting an idea of how to move while in stealth to evade.

However, if you come across someone good at pulling players out of stealth it can be a challenge. Fortunately few have that level of skill.
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    Draining shot
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a NB perspective I can give you advise, but I guess this is really obvious.

Hurricane gives sorcs Minor Expedition buff incising their movement Speed by 10%.

I use cloak in combination with double take or bow passive + roll dodge (or anything that gives Major Expedition). Basically you need to first leave Hurricane AEO and then use cloak. But if your enemy has a build designed for speed (like many stam sorcs do) it wont that easy. Alternatively you can try to use a gap closer on a nearest different enemy (to leave Hurricane AOE) or maybe even use shadow image skill if you feel comfortable teleporting back to your shadow (that is also very obvious too as many players will "camp" your shadow as soon as they will see you are running it.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBAoEs like Hurricane (and Steel Tornado) are one of the few counters to cloak, but you can counteract hurricane by smart use of shade (if it would work properly...)
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 9, 2018 11:18AM
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    PBAoEs like Hurricane (and Steel Tornado) are one of the few counters to cloak, but you can counteract hurricane by smart use of shade (if it would work properly...)

...which is doesn't, so this is a moot point.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    From a NB perspective I can give you advise, but I guess this is really obvious.

Hurricane gives sorcs Minor Expedition buff incising their movement Speed by 10%.

I use cloak in combination with double take or bow passive + roll dodge (or anything that gives Major Expedition). Basically you need to first leave Hurricane AEO and then use cloak. But if your enemy has a build designed for speed (like many stam sorcs do) it wont that easy. Alternatively you can try to use a gap closer on a nearest different enemy (to leave Hurricane AOE) or maybe even use shadow image skill if you feel comfortable teleporting back to your shadow (that is also very obvious too as many players will "camp" your shadow as soon as they will see you are running it.

Yes that's one of the problems I encounter, the sorc would gap close and then with hurricane you struggle to get away
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JAwtunes wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

...which is doesn't, so this is a moot point.

It works as long as you are not on terrain that can be destroyed (keeps, outposts, ressources)
    But if its worth a slot is a hard choice and up to you (for me its not).
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 9, 2018 2:48PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things I like to do when trying to dodge hurricane is fear the sorc then dodge > cloak. Used to do that on bleedblade, worked pretty well.

Gotta play with care against a stam sorc if you're crutching on cloak basically, because if you get caught struggling AND in execute range you don't have that much room for error when it comes to escaping if any at all.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadow image with LOS. They may see where you place it but force them to either stick on your or the SI.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spam Shade like crazy. Always immediately replace Shade once you portet to it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you do never move forward, it’s so obvious. Cloaking and going in the direction people least expect usually works, such as cloaking with your back turned but moving towards them.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on December 9, 2018 8:47PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many NBs.

My advice: die

Lol, not really. Shade is probably your best option. Even better if you don't play in the horrid lag of Cyrodiil but do so in BGs.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wherever you do never move forward, it’s so obvious. Cloaking and going in the direction people least expect usually works, such as cloaking with your back turned but moving towards them.

Very good advice. Most enemies do not expect this and other than being spammed with Steel Tornado, it's usually a good direction for escape.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    fear, shade, zerg
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe stop running away and actually fight?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wherever you do never move forward, it’s so obvious. Cloaking and going in the direction people least expect usually works, such as cloaking with your back turned but moving towards them.

Very good advice. Most enemies do not expect this and other than being spammed with Steel Tornado, it's usually a good direction for escape.

Yeah back when a played magblade a lot I would escape multiple people at once doing that. People usually expect you to run forward.

• Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apply bleed, use incap.

The stamsorc is now either a free kill or running away from you.

You're welcome.
    Edited by Burtan on December 10, 2018 5:32AM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    So many NBs.

My advice: die

Lol, not really. Shade is probably your best option. Even better if you don't play in the horrid lag of Cyrodiil but do so in BGs.

Probably stam nbs, must be really stubborn to play a mag nb this patch :cry:
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadow Image is the obvious answer.

My magicka NB still runs 3x Swift. Swift + Cloak + Concealed Weapon + Forward Momentum makes it hard for even stamsorcs to keep up with you. I have also cloaked through a Hurricane occasionally by spamming Cloak. All these abilities aren't continous. Hurricane ticks every 1 second. If you spam Cloak there is a chance you won't be seen, as you either don't uncloak or only very briefly.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Realy good advice recieved from everyone thank you. I tried using fear but found it unpredictable as enemies not always effected (Not sure if its a bug or not). I am running a pure sniper build so im thinking of replacing Fear with draining shot and hopefuly if it fires then it should at least give me breathing space to cloak away.
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Realy good advice recieved from everyone thank you. I tried using fear but found it unpredictable as enemies not always effected (Not sure if its a bug or not). I am running a pure sniper build so im thinking of replacing Fear with draining shot and hopefuly if it fires then it should at least give me breathing space to cloak away.

The game can be very buggy, but most likely they just have immunity, like immovable pots or they have already broken free recently. And yes that skill is really strong. A knockback, stun and heal is a pretty nice combo for escaping ^^ Good luck

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

Looking for advice.

What counters can a nb use against Hurricane.
    I find that once you are within range you are done for as you can't cloak and it stuns you nonstop.

Use shadow image or undo or both. Spam lethal arrows , poison injection.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would strongly recommend trying to make a build that’s has some ability to survive outside of stealth. Stam sorcs don’t really have an advantage over stam NBs if you’re running a generalist build (I.E. Not a ganking build) so you can just stand your ground and win the 1v1 fight like that.

If you really want to run a ganking build then the combo of ‘dodge roll->Cloak->draining shot while invisible->Cloak again’ should get you away from just about anyone.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on December 10, 2018 9:51PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam:
    Draining shot (I think that’s the one with the knock back)
    Shade
    Psijic ult

Mag:
    Shade
    Psijic ult

Both:
    Kill your opponent faster, then there is no aoe to worry about
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay and fight like a man.

Sarcasm.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Option A: Kill the stamsorc.
    Option B: Use Shade like a sneaky boi to get out of hurricane range, feint one way, cloak and dip out.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a gank build, remember your invis pots.
    Stun them, major evasion, cloak out of range, pot and run if you need to.

Or

Drop a shade where you stun them, major evasion, run, and when they chase after you jump back to your shade and pot or cloak
    If you're stam, remember that cloak crit + vigor then cloak should get you out of immediate danger. Draining Shot is a beast 'OH CRAP' skill as well.

Edited by tonemd on December 10, 2018 10:59PM
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys,

What I take away from the above responses are that shade and draining shot is the best way to evade Hurricane. I must confess that I did not think of invisble pots:) have a crap load on my sorc that I can shift over to the nb.

I just had a thought on mist form. Will you still get slowed and take damage if you use mist form when you in huricane range and could this maybe be the answer to escape enought to use cloak or pots?
    Edited by Lord_Etrigan on December 11, 2018 10:07AM
    PS4 EU

Guild:

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!