The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB vs Hurricane

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys,

What I take away from the above responses are that shade and draining shot is the best way to evade Hurricane. I must confess that I did not think of invisble pots:) have a crap load on my sorc that I can shift over to the nb.

I just had a thought on mist form. Will you still get slowed and take damage if you use mist form when you in huricane range and could this maybe be the answer to escape enought to use cloak or pots?

You are immune to roots and snares in mist form. They can still gap close you though and stay on top of you for when it ends; so keep that in mind.
    Edited by technohic on December 11, 2018 1:01PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys,

What I take away from the above responses are that shade and draining shot is the best way to evade Hurricane. I must confess that I did not think of invisble pots:) have a crap load on my sorc that I can shift over to the nb.

I just had a thought on mist form. Will you still get slowed and take damage if you use mist form when you in huricane range and could this maybe be the answer to escape enought to use cloak or pots?

Yes, mist form makes you immune to snares, also, hurricane doesn’t snare you.

You’re probably getting hit with rending slashes, which does have a snare and is commonly run on stam sorcs.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on December 11, 2018 1:41PM
  • SubversusReformed
    SubversusReformed
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys,

I wouldn’t recommend mist form for any nb spec except heavy magblade with hots...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys,

I wouldn’t recommend mist form for any nb spec except heavy magblade with hots...

Agreed. If you are going 2H you have Momentum. If not...

Find room for all 3 on one bar: Cloak + Concealed + Shadow Image. They are key to snares/immobilizations.

You need to practice a lot with Shadow Image and always place one before engaging and also after one expires.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immune to roots except via poisons which afaik still root you even when mist forming.

Cuz issues that doesn't actually get fixed...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the people recommending the bugged skill draining shot i feel have no honor. As other people said, moving unpredictably is a plus.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always change direction immediately after cloaking.

If there is good terrain to your left, move right, then cloak, then move left.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck trying to escape a stamsorc spamming steel tornado + Fighter's guild crossbow.

Best option is to kill him as fast as possible.
    Edited by Sarousse on December 12, 2018 11:34AM
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys thanks for the great responses,

I have slotted draing shot and it does give me a bit of breathing space when cornerd.

With regards to direction change when cloaking, It has become second nature by now so thank you very much:)

I just need to learn to not get over exited when sniping as I tend to want to get that last shot off with enemies health being low only to expose my possition for to long and then getting chased by the horned nest called "The Zerg" at a time I have almost no stamina left from using snipes lol.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm finally becoming comfortable with the shade. Against single melee players it works perfectly. Haven't been up against a stamsorc lately, but templars. Drop it while running. If they follow, you port back after a few seconds and cloak. If they camp the shade, you're getting away. Granted, if someone was really on the ball with their gap closer this might not work, but it has dumbfounded a few templars thus far.

As a templar, myself, it's hard to keep on top of a nightblade. The best thing is to jab, jab, jab, as it snares and exposes, but stop that or don't follow the NB accurately, and they get away. In duels with my stamblade friend I only really get him with detect potions.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay out of Hurricane's circle. Use Bow Combo, Shade, Cloak and move continually. Lay shade, do a two shot Bow Combo Snipe/Poison Injection or even now three adding Draining Shot then Cloak and Move. Rinse and Repeat. You will have that Sorc running around in circles trying to find you if he or she is not dead from the combo. Even if he or she uses a detect pot using shade will get you out of trouble.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades have a built in counter to aoe, shades. Teleport away, and cloak. Or just do a brawler build and skip cloak altogether.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the one that kill nb by stamsorc is the *** reverb bash or dw build with >40% dots damage
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Drop it while running. If they follow, you port back after a few seconds and cloak. If they camp the shade, you're getting away. Granted, if someone was really on the ball with their gap closer this might not work, but it has dumbfounded a few templars thus far.

Never thought of doing that, thanks. You learn something new every day:)
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!