The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Three things I would like to see done for pvp

chris211
chris211
✭✭✭✭
I would like cloak to get the streak treatment give it a 50% cost increase for 4 seconds and the cool down will reset if you use it again within that cooldown I would like snares to be reduced somewhat since zos took away everyone's speed. I would like earthgore to be looked at because it is over performing in pvp, what I propose is cap earthgore at 6 people at a time and remove the ground affect removal part of the set and introduce another global cool down say 15 to 20 seconds that would stop the heal applying to you if its already proced on you before that would hopefully stop zergballs stacking 40 of them making them unkillable. also work the earthgore global cooldown into battle spirit so it doesn't affect pve.
Edited by chris211 on December 7, 2018 7:13PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After digging through the paragraph for the three points of light.

Sneak is nothing like Streak. With Streak in it's current form I can get pretty far away from the danger unless I am already low on magicka. With sneak in the same situation my travel distance is negligible. Might as well just forget about it. If one merely gives a moment of thought it becomes clear the idea is not workable.

Besides, there are multiple counters to Sneak that work very well. I get great enjoyment out of preventing a NB from sneaking and watching them dye trying to sneak, probably wondering why we can see them. Choosing to not use the any counters or not figuring out how to use them properly is not a reason to nerf a skill.

Snares were just nerfed heavily this year. If they are nerfed any further there is little use for them.

Gutting the defining aspect of a set is probably not the best suggestion to offer. Personally, get rid of all proc sets would be fine and we would see who can really play and who relies on PvP but that is a different story. For now we are Elder Procs Online.

• chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Sneak is nothing like Streak. With Streak in it's current form I can get pretty far away from the danger unless I am already low on magicka. With sneak in the same situation my travel distance is negligible. Might as well just forget about it. If one merely gives a moment of thought it becomes clear the idea is not workable.

Besides, there are multiple counters to Sneak that work very well. I get great enjoyment out of preventing a NB from sneaking and watching them dye trying to sneak, probably wondering why we can see them. Choosing to not use the any counters or not figuring out how to use them properly is not a reason to nerf a skill.

Snares were just nerfed heavily this year. If they are nerfed any further there is little use for them.

Gutting the defining aspect of a set is probably not the best suggestion to offer. Personally, get rid of all proc sets would be fine and we would see who can really play and who relies on PvP but that is a different story. For now we are Elder Procs Online.

I get you're point about cloak. but pvp this patch nothing but cc's and snares its no longer fun I want the fast paced pvp back from previous patches the speed up time nerfs where unwarranted swift was the problem not major expedition up times
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather Shadowy Disguise were changed to 3 sec of on-demand Major Protection with the crit guarantee. No more spammable invisibility. Just my opinion though.

Regarding Earthgore it would be totally reasonable to remove the ground soak-up effect. The set would still be super strong.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does cloak stun like streak does?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I'd rather Shadowy Disguise were changed to 3 sec of on-demand Major Protection with the crit guarantee. No more spammable invisibility. Just my opinion though.

Regarding Earthgore it would be totally reasonable to remove the ground soak-up effect. The set would still be super strong.

It is only spamable if you permit it to be. It is really fun preventing a NB from cloaking.
    chris211 wrote: »

I get you're point about cloak. but pvp this patch nothing but cc's and snares its no longer fun I want the fast paced pvp back from previous patches the speed up time nerfs where unwarranted swift was the problem not major expedition up times

I am pretty sure Zos will want to get a good feel for their recent change before doing anything else.

It also seemed Zos was more interested in how easy it was to stay at the speed cap while in combat vs to total speed possible so your suggestion that the issue was swift does not seem accurate. Swift was just the easy target for players since it was the newest. Otherwise Zos would have just reduced the speed cap if it was anything else.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Snares are overperforming since speed was gutted.

It seems like every skill in the game has a snare attatched to it and I don't think it's fair that I get snared for free, yet I have to spam a skill every few seconds to just be able to move. Snares and immunity should be more even imo

Also they are so buggy, and favor xv1. Poisons go through immunity for some dumb reason and snares do this too all the time, more often when outnumbered. So many times I have forward up and just get snared over and over, making fighting back, escaping or doing anything impossible, and that means I need to spam forward over and over destroying my sustain.

They need to be changed and fixed.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on December 7, 2018 10:22PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1: No lag in prime time, due to servers being like how they were at launch 2014.

2: No scrubs whining about nerfs and things getting nerfed because of said whiners.

3: People actually adapting and not screaming for whiney nerfs, and everyone to have fun.

Got more chance of landing on the moon when I fart than any of this happening.

Le shrugs
    Edited by SHADOW2KK on December 7, 2018 10:26PM
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Use Battle Spirit to disable ALL proc sets in Cyrodiil. Trials are tuned for proc sets and Cyr just has to deal with them. Take them away completely from Cyrodiil and the worn out game engine and servers have WAY fewer calculations to deal with, reducing lag, loading screens, skills not firing, bar swapping not working and disconnects. Once we can actually USE skills again, we won't need to rely on the proc sets as much anyway and people will naturally become more skilled at actual PvP.

2. Open a new CP enabled campaign that requires a minimum group size of (pick one... 8, 10, 12) for guilds and organized groups to compete in. This should drastically help relieve the pressure on Vivec, greatly reducing the lag there.

3. Rewrite the game, with real documentation, on top of a modern game engine that's actually capable of handling the large scale PvP that's been promised for the last 5 years.
    Edited by Delsskia on December 8, 2018 2:54PM
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like cloak to get the streak treatment give it a 50% cost increase for 4 seconds and the cool down will reset if you use it again within that cooldown I would like snares to be reduced somewhat since zos took away everyone's speed. I would like earthgore to be looked at because it is over performing in pvp, what I propose is cap earthgore at 6 people at a time and remove the ground affect removal part of the set and introduce another global cool down say 15 to 20 seconds that would stop the heal applying to you if its already proced on you before that would hopefully stop zergballs stacking 40 of them making them unkillable. also work the earthgore global cooldown into battle spirit so it doesn't affect pve.

regarding the complaints about earthgore. I agree 100% that something should be done about it. Personally I would remove the set entirely from the game. Your motifs to stop the zergballs aren't logic thought. The main beneficiary from earthgore are the mindless zergs of 40-50 people fighting ballgroups.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Does cloak stun like streak does?

does magicka dot ignore spell resistance?
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I want done for PvP is to get the *** out of this AOE snare/AOE damage meta. BGs is basically just played at half speed. It’s disgusting. Once again tanky builds win out because you can just lay down your snares and AOE damage and let proc sets and execute/soul assault do the rest. Normal medium and light armor builds have almost no chance in that situation. Really really want to move away from the tanky builds that can do tons of damage and snare you to hell. Enough is enough already.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    1. Use Battle Spirit to disable ALL proc sets in Cyrodiil. Trials are tuned for proc sets and Cyr just has to deal with them. Take them away completely from Cyrodiil and the worn out game engine and servers have WAY fewer calculations to deal with, reducing lag, loading screens, skills not firing, bar swapping not working and disconnects. Once we can actually USE skills again, we won't need to rely on the proc sets as much anyway and people will naturally become more skilled at actual PvP.

2. Open a new CP enabled campaign that requires a minimum group size of (pick one... 8, 10, 12) for guilds and organized groups to compete in. This should drastically help relieve the pressure on Vivec, greatly reducing the lag there.

3. Rewrite the game, with real documentation, on top of a modern game engine that's actually capable of handling the large scale PvP that's been promised for the last 5 years.

They should remove proc sets from cyro, but your other demands are unrealistic/unnecessary.

Either way, try to play withoutproc sets and begin a campaign of tbagging/shaming anyone that dies to you lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see Earthgore get the nerf-hammer.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Re. Sneak - I'd like to see no crouch based stealth whilst in combat. Only via cloaking magicka abilities. Or swapping sneak to a magicka drain. Ofc would also require zos to fix some stuff but would be way better imo.

RP reason - Idc how athletic you are if I'm currently attacking you and your standing right in front of me you wouldn't be hidden unless using some serious magic. It completely ruins immersion to have people you are attacking completely vanish in an open field with nowhere to hide just by walking away whilst sqatting down.

As for EG. It should just remove other earthgore procs so even if 4 proc on 1 guy it's still just 1 on the ground healing (multiple would remove additional ground debuffs but nothing more)
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on December 9, 2018 6:34PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3 wishes is

1. I want to be able to cast skills
    2. I want to distribute players so I'm not zerged trying to 1vX
    3. I want to be able to play in cyrodiil.
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

regarding the complaints about earthgore. I agree 100% that something should be done about it. Personally I would remove the set entirely from the game. Your motifs to stop the zergballs aren't logic thought. The main beneficiary from earthgore are the mindless zergs of 40-50 people fighting ballgroups.

Let’s rip off the PVE players who use the set, yeah righto.
    PVP isn’t the only thing in this game champ.