The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Time for some prime time PVP! (8PM EST, PC/NA/Vivec)

zyk
zyk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Time for some NA prime time action on PC/NA/Vivec!

pYEoVSt.png
Hmmm.. kinda dead, I wonder why...

EGMAHhM.png
ohhhhh...

u3As2wu.png
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...

Maybe I'll try a different campaign...

TVnRw8A.png
RIP
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what any of that means.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It means that, once again, prime time begins with the conditions that create the worst lag which has to be endured through an uphill battle, so players are choosing to do something else instead.
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sotha has been ruined by dc clans night capping every thing, 5 days ago there score was 34k now its 46k and the lead went from 1k to 8k

You’ll log on and AD/EP will have 0 points while dc will have 184
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Advance forgiveness, but it is extremely frustrating to play ESO in US prime time. The game is practically 'unplayable'. As if the bugs were not enough, we have the historical 'lag'.

I do not know if that will have a solution, it seems, the solution is to leave ESO at certain times.

One suggestion, then: fewer players per server, add one more 30-day campaign server.

I do not see any alternative if not this one.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dc on vivec goes to AD like flies on ***, even if EP has both our scrolls and gives us map incentive to take one of them back.

I saw them this morning try to take Roe, let EP keep our scroll at Alessia, and then FD black boots filled with a raid while only 5 of us take res on score evals. AD had tri keeps once and still had 80 points over our 50 lol.

I can think of only two gifs for this situation.
    DC preparing for war:
    7F7sD-.gif

DC giving up everything to EP:
    tumblr_n5g9mhnlRd1sn22kzo9_r1_250.gif

Edited by Minno on December 4, 2018 3:55AM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Dc on vivec goes to AD like flies on ***, even if EP has both our scrolls and gives us map incentive to take one of them back.

I saw them this morning try to take Roe, let EP keep our scroll at Alessia, and then FD black boots filled with a raid while only 5 of us take res on score evals. AD had tri keeps once and still had 80 points over our 50 lol.

I can think of only two gifs for this situation.
    DC preparing for war:
    7F7sD-.gif

DC giving up everything to EP:
    tumblr_n5g9mhnlRd1sn22kzo9_r1_250.gif

In vivec I’ve watched as DC helped EP take DC‘s scrolls from AD instead of trying to get them back..idk the logic in this
  • Syhae
    Syhae
    ✭✭✭
    Player cap has been lowered multiple times and other campaigns have remained dead in the past while Vivec maintained 100+ man queues. Sad days
    @Syhae
    Lil Fruitsnack - DC Stamina Templar
    Syhae - EP Stamina Warden
    Syh-Ko - EP Stamina Nightblade
    ANIMOSITY
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syhae wrote: »
    Player cap has been lowered multiple times and other campaigns have remained dead in the past while Vivec maintained 100+ man queues. Sad days
    Exactly why people in favor of faction locking are seriously mistaken what the issue is. It’s faction loyalty imo.
  • Prax3des
    Prax3des
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    In vivec I’ve watched as DC helped EP take DC‘s scrolls from AD instead of trying to get them back..idk the logic in this

The "logic" here is that AP farmers with 24-man groups have taken over DC Vivec in the last month and they let all map play burn as we lose home keeps and scrolls because they want that sweet 6k Kingscrest AP. And very often, they're the only group running, much to the frustration of DC with brains.

Between the lag, the zergs, and the boneheaded farmers sabotaging us from within our own faction, Viv DC is in a bad way.
    PCNA ★ templar apologist, "mercenarial dog"
    JUST SAY NO to faction locks
    Praxedes Amell ~ DC templar
    Arimenta Weiße ~ EP templar
    Cares-About-Map~ EP templar, AR50
    Loraumaire ~ AD templar
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a lot of people won't play unless their side is winning.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I have no idea what any of that means.

People are leaving, just it.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prime time is getting more empty because of the Cyrodiil game performance issues. There is no sense trying to play when the lag is so bad all your skill are delayed or or don't even work, or your game is freezing or you are constantly crashing to desktop. Heck last night Prime Time I was getting sporadic ping spikes of over 4k. On the flip side I Played during the day with ping rates around 117.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Yep exactly. The moment the going gets tough people go find a fight elsewhere (against other faction) or leave cyrodiil and do something else.

I bet you if AD crowned emp, they would magically jump to lock pop... and if EP lost arrius they would drop to 2 bars.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Opposite for me. I've barely been pvping because EP's side is so boring rn Q.Q
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    This is the first Campaign in months that EP is leading.... last campaign we fought tooth and nail to the bitter end to try and take it and it was a close loss at the end..... I don't think you can blame EP for this their playerbase has remained somewhat consistant.... I feel that its the other two factions that have rolled over here.

I played last night for a bit.... but there was nothing happening on the map so when my guildies called out a need for a trial DPS I volunteered and left.

Maybe tonight will be better.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we had more pop/map hitting when players could run faster than horses with swift traits+major exp/pots.

Now it back to zerg lanes/ditch when your faction gets a bloody nose lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That map was extremely boring 60 people were showing up to take a single flag back :lol:

Only fun I had was dying to the ad group at nikel
  • baronzilch
    baronzilch
    ✭✭✭

Last month it was AD nightcapping, this month seems like EP.

It also seems many AD/DC have rerolled EP this month as prime time is all EP lately.

I only play the one faction (EP) so when I log in and check the map and we are dominating, similar to you I PvE or go watch TV.

Lopsided contests are so boring, for both sides. Remember all those close DC/EP down to the last day contests in the past? Those were the days and win or lose it was way more satisfying.

• Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    baronzilch wrote: »

It also seems many AD/DC have rerolled EP this month as prime time is all EP lately.

I only play the one faction (EP) so when I log in and check the map and we are dominating, similar to you I PvE or go watch TV.

Lopsided contests are so boring, for both sides. Remember all those close DC/EP down to the last day contests in the past? Those were the days and win or lose it was way more satisfying.

I play on AD PC/NA. Always have, always will. I agree that close battles and close campaigns are far more enjoyable and rewarding, win or lose.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »

I play on AD PC/NA. Always have, always will. I agree that close battles and close campaigns are far more enjoyable and rewarding, win or lose.

When you log in to your faction and you see it sink further and further into 3rd place with a 1k+ point defiect every day and at the same time one or both the other factions have your scrolls and are gating you/have you constantly at tri keeps with an enemy faction emp it kinda makes you not want to go into cyrodiil
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

When you log in to your faction and you see it sink further and further into 3rd place with a 1k+ point defiect every day and at the same time one or both the other factions have your scrolls and are gating you/have you constantly at tri keeps with an enemy faction emp it kinda makes you not want to go into cyrodiil

What about actual PvP? The zergs go to a couple of areas for a reason and it isn't for stimulating PvP.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about actual PvP? The zergs go to a couple of areas for a reason and it isn't for stimulating PvP.

BGs
    Edit: Also unless you go out of your way, you will encounter a zerg or 2
    Edited by JobooAGS on December 4, 2018 9:22PM
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Organized GvG in IC sounds like a work around. Not much respawn runback. You can come up with some arbitrary rule set agreed upon by both parties. You get AP fighting in IC. You can use anti-infantry siege in IC. And you won't likely run into a group that will lag you out. All it takes is two guilds and one ride to the sewers. Only downside is all the npcs.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BGs
    Edit: Also unless you go out of your way, you will encounter a zerg or 2

unless you want CP then it's duels.

Honestly, you will find a zerg. But they only are around the emp keeps/scroll runs. They are painfully obtuse, but it's up to the solo player to cause some noise on the map.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, the irony. Your ball group help kill overnight NA PVP and now you're sad because it's boring.

I hope it was worth the lulz when you were trolling scrolls with only randoms to fight against.
    Edited by zyk on December 5, 2018 12:34AM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Oh, the irony. Your ball group help kill overnight NA PVP and now you're sad because it's boring.

I hope it was worth the lulz when you were trolling scrolls with only randoms to fight against.

When this happens, i just left the game. Umplayable... LAG terrible, bugs... nothing seems work anymore.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »

When this happens, i just left the game. Umplayable... LAG terrible, bugs... nothing seems work anymore.

It wasn't so much lag when they play, but poor sportsmanship.

In any online game, if one side is trouncing the others, the other players will find a different server to play on. ESO campaigns are all public servers played, mostly, by random casuals.

Groups of all sizes composed of competitive players don't show enough empathy when there aren't other groups like them to fight, but especially ball groups.

No, your casual competition won't 'git gud' or ball up. They are casual for reasons that go beyond the game. They'll just find something else to do.
    Edited by zyk on December 5, 2018 12:45AM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AD were 30 seconds away from Emping about 3 hours ago.

#Weekdays
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's dead because people don't want to deal with the in-combat bug, being immobile due to ZOS changes, questionable changes to classes, their friends left the game, they're still holding out hope that Fallout 76 will be worthy of a Triple A release -aside from the lag.

It seems whenever EP wins campaign or does well, then all the DC and AD come on to these forums as they have for the past four years and complain about what they perceived is foul play. It's been this way ever since EP was dubbed the "unemployed faction" going all the way back to 2014. But everything was perfectly acceptable and just great when EP was finishing in last place for, what was it, 3-4 months before? Where was this empathy all those months when AD Aussie-Asian crew painted the map Yellow?

People love taking convenient snapshots to show how those players on the other faction are meanies and bad-sports. Did you happen to log on tonight, that is 12/4, one day after this post? EP got rolled the entire primetime. DC and its three bar population took Arrius and the EP hordes were pretty much cooped up in Farragut, unable to make any progress. They got so demoralized, it was EP that dropped to 3 bars while AD still had pop-locked. In short, they got their ass kicked - and you're asking them to show empathy? Fat chance.

But to the larger point. ESO PvP has always been dynamic, changing literally from hour to hour because of population and guild turnover or just from the natural flow of how the map plays. At 9:00 EP could have the entire North Red and trying to swarm Dc scrolls, but in just 30 minutes later be all the way back to just their three tri-keeps because of such over-extension. Snap shots are utterly misleading because the situation is going to be completely different in just a short while and Tuesday is going to be a very different story from Monday.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But to the larger point. ESO PvP has always been dynamic, changing literally from hour to hour because of population and guild turnover or just from the natural flow of how the map plays. At 9:00 EP could have the entire North Red and trying to swarm Dc scrolls, but in just 30 minutes later be all the way back to just their three tri-keeps because of such over-extension. Snap shots are utterly misleading because the situation is going to be completely different in just a short while and Tuesday is going to be a very different story from Monday.

While somewhat true in general that eso map can be very volatile - i just wish this would actually translate into campaign results.

For vivec EU I can think of 3 campaign cycles AD did NOT win in the past 2 years. Something has to be done about mornincapping and imbalanced populations. Regardless of what faction it benefits.
    Edited by Derra on December 5, 2018 7:28AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50