Gold Grinding in Public Dungeons

m4keyourself
m4keyourself
✭✭
Hey everybody I'm broke and I need some help! I've heard a few times that grinding public dungeons are a decent way of getting gold. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good public dungeons to run? Thanks Everyone!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to any of the ones with Imperial mobs since they drop the most gold. These are:

- Vile Manse (Reaper's March)
    - Crimson Cove (Malabal Tor)
    - Razak's Wheel (Bangkorai)

A guide for Vile Manse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPi3QKpe0M&t=96s
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 3, 2018 1:22AM
    Options
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a tough life man. Rough time.

I always just say, go and grind it man. Go and keep grinding that gold. Damn.

Grimding public dungeon would be a decent way to obtain gold. There's better ways, believe me.

And just for the record bros I've probably grinded more gold than a lot of you with a bank balance of close to 10 million gold.
    Edited by Finviuswe on December 3, 2018 2:11AM
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can, there was a spot in Morrowind that I was grinding for dwarves pieces that dropped a bit of gold. Like 400-600 if you pull the mind by yourself, so I’m sure there’s other places like that.
    Options
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »

Grimding public dungeon would be a decent way to obtain gold. There's better ways, believe me.

What other ways would you suggest? I think there's lots of ways to get gold - it just comes down to preference and play style.
    Options
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    Go to any of the ones with Imperial mobs since they drop the most gold. These are:

- Vile Manse (Reaper's March)
    - Crimson Cove (Malabal Tor)
    - Razak's Wheel (Bangkorai)

A guide for Vile Manse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCPi3QKpe0M&t=96s

Awesome thank you so much, this is really helpful!
    Options
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you wanna steal, this is a pretty good way, I'd guess... never tried it, though I might.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a trading guild or sell in zone, consider the dungeons in Morrowind or Summerset that drop parts you put together for a pet/emote/outfit.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭

What other ways would you suggest? I think there's lots of ways to get gold - it just comes down to preference and play style.

Sure.

My go to was always trading guilds, selling mats (obtained from deconning items), mats obtained from farming, set pieces of whatever the big sets are at the time.

I farm motifs and sell those. I always only consumed whatever motifs I liked, never sought to build a full library so I used that as a method to obtain more gold.

If you PVP at all, there's gold to be made there some of the BGs equipment will sell at a high price, you have to know what will sell and what does not. Add ons can help a lot with that.

I'm not a massive seller and wouldn't say that I am, but I pull in 100k/week+ just playing the game.
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're not into the trade game you can always do writs. The more characters you have do them per day the more you profit. They don't have to be master crafters. Since farming is dull, and I don't like flipping the market game it's what I do.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do writs every day on 12 girls. Have done so for months now. I'm not precisely wealthy - only 2.5M gold at this point. However I've bought the parts for the Swamp Jelly pet too (about 200 k), and I just don't worry about buying something I want for gold.

Gold is really easy in this game compared to some.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And just for the record bros I've probably grinded more gold than a lot of you with a bank balance of close to 10 million gold.

It's still one of the most effective ways to make gold.

Farming mats has taken a huge hit since mats are nearly worthless on PC. The gold per hour rate on farming mats has plummeted in the last year. It's still probably a bit higher than the rate for public dungeon farming, but not by much. Just a few examples of how hard prices have fallen (thanks in large part to botting): stack of rubedite = 6k, stack of wood = 6k, stack of silk = 10k, most expensive plants (Columbine, Corn Flower, etc.) go for ~200g only, fortified nirncrux = 400g (lol), potent nirncrux = 8.5k, kuta = 2k.

The best way to make gold is still flipping items, but it takes a lot of time, a deep understanding of the market, and a fair bit of starting capital.

Two other ways of making gold right now are PvPing and selling your Spell Strategist pieces (I'm not sure what this comes out to per hour, probably not much) and farming dungeon mask motifs. The new masks usually go for 100k+, but you can go 10+ dungeon runs sometimes without getting one (so it's not exactly reliable).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 3, 2018 3:29AM
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crimson Cove in Malabal Tor. What you’re after is Spinner’s Destro, preferably sharpened. Also armor, impen and divines for the most money. Also nearby is a dolmen and a world boss (a siren which is easily soloable). Spinners purple jewelry is what you want to farm. Crimson Cove is probably the best. Though, Razaks Wheel in Bangkorai might be just as good if not slightly better.

You farm Spriggan’s and 7th Legion in Bankorai. What you are after is any Spriggan’s armor impen and divines and of course purple Jewelry at the dolmen runs. 7th Legion you want impen armor only really. As for weapons I’d imagine 2H swords, 2H axes, bows, DAGGERS, regular swords... I unno.

Bangkorai is best if you are low cp and can’t solo world bosses because a lot of people lfg in chat to do farming there. Though again Crimson Cove is best if you can solo (the easy siren boss) and solo dolmens.

Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A quick way to make money stealing and killing is to farm the Litnay of Blood target Ebrayd in Sentinal. Lol. Whenever he dies he instantly respawns in his little area by some blacksmith stations. Kill him over and over for fun and profit. May have to google his spawn spot but then have at it.

(For that matter, theoretically you could farm ANY of the Lintay of Blood targets but Ebrayd is easy to kill inconspicuously. The female target in Evermore spawns probably even faster lol).
    Edited by JumpmanLane on December 3, 2018 3:47AM
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick way to make money stealing and killing is to farm the Litnay of Blood target Ebrayd in Sentinal. Lol. Whenever he dies he instantly respawns in his little area by some blacksmith stations. Kill him over and over for fun and profit. May have to google his spawn spot but then have at it.

(For that matter, theoretically you could farm ANY of the Lintay of Blood targets but Ebrayd is easy to kill inconspicuously. The female target in Evermore spawns probably even faster lol).

“These violent delights have violent ends.”
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

“These violent delights have violent ends.”

For EBRAYD! Hehehehe
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everybody I'm broke and I need some help! I've heard a few times that grinding public dungeons are a decent way of getting gold. Does anyone have any recommendations on some good public dungeons to run? Thanks Everyone!

Imperial City Sewers are your friend if you want gold.
    Options
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telvar in Imperial City, buy hakeijos and sell
    Options
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If 60-70k gold was both doable and sustainable everyone would do it. Like most claims of " X/ hr by doing this" its greatly over inflated in optimal conditions with optimal gear. If it was a great way to get gold everyone would do it. You can still probably make 5 numbers an hour.... but its not going to be 60k plus as claimed. Probably closer to 10k or 20k with a lot of work.

Or you can do what all of us rich people do and sell stuff to people who grind mobs until their eyes bleed. Realistically the best way to start out making gold is by learning to steal. Stealing is a bit of an artform. You wont make anything until you train it up and learn where to steal and who to steal from. Then you make 15k-20k in about 30 minutes per character from treasure. But the treasure is not the real treasure. That is pocket change. The real treasure is the stuff you find instead of treasure.

A good steady source of income is writs as well. At max level all the daily writs except jewelry will earn you 4k. It takes 5 minutes or less if you do the writs in the right place. You will also get some ornate and intricate items which can be sold . If you can do 15k stealing in 25 minutes( and its totally possible to do consistently) and do all writs that is 20k in 30 minutes for every character you have.

As i said that is pocket change the real money is in the other stuff, the stuff you sell to players. You also need to be in a good trade guild in a hub. You get in a good hub and you can sell volcanic rocks to an Ashlander, trees to a Bosmer or a fur coat to a Khajiit.

You learn what to sell and how to acquire it. Then you can spend your time in game spending your money instead of earning it like me. Last full trader week. 1.3 million gold and those items that made me 1.3 mil.... i didnt spend 26 hours acquiring them...or 13 hours, not even 10 hours. I spent about 6-7 hours acquiring them.

Or you can grind gold on mobs all day. Sometimes its better to be the fry cook instead of the hedge fund manager though. I cant think of any time in which its better to be a fry cook, but i am sure there is some circumstance that never happens in which that is true.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on December 3, 2018 5:51AM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Writs everyday for a month and you hit 100k, that's one toon.

But trading. Honnestly grinding anything in this game is the quickest way for me to lose interest, if you get your head round trading, what's hot, what's not etc etc it quote easy to make a decent profit fast. Some of the sort after weapons / motifs etc go for 100k+
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have all 8 chars at level 50 then just start doing writs on all of them. You can make 5k per char (even with level 1 writs). That's 40k a day for about 30 mins of logging in and out. Use writ addons if you are on PC. That's not mentioning all the surveys you will get which are just free mats.
    Edited by DKsUnite on December 3, 2018 6:19AM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dripping with humility.
    Options
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure that someone has already mentioned it but farming reagents (alchemy ingredients) and selling them in the chat or guild store is a decent way of earning some gold. Farm some Tel Var stones in Imperial City and buy the alchemy bags, gives a decent chunk of ingredients.

The same goes for nodes (ores, wood etc.) and runestones. You want to sell ores, wood and silk as raw materials since players buy them to refine and get gold tempers and tannin.

Stealing and selling to fences is also a decent way of making a living.

Enter Cyrodiil and earn some Alliance Points, buy valuable items using these points and sell them to other players.

Stay strong and keep up the grind!
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If 60-70k gold was both doable and sustainable everyone would do it. Like most claims of " X/ hr by doing this" its greatly over inflated in optimal conditions with optimal gear. If it was a great way to get gold everyone would do it. You can still probably make 5 numbers an hour.... but its not going to be 60k plus as claimed. Probably closer to 10k or 20k with a lot of work.

Or you can do what all of us rich people do and sell stuff to people who grind mobs until their eyes bleed. Realistically the best way to start out making gold is by learning to steal. Stealing is a bit of an artform. You wont make anything until you train it up and learn where to steal and who to steal from. Then you make 15k-20k in about 30 minutes per character from treasure. But the treasure is not the real treasure. That is pocket change. The real treasure is the stuff you find instead of treasure.

A good steady source of income is writs as well. At max level all the daily writs except jewelry will earn you 4k. It takes 5 minutes or less if you do the writs in the right place. You will also get some ornate and intricate items which can be sold . If you can do 15k stealing in 25 minutes( and its totally possible to do consistently) and do all writs that is 20k in 30 minutes for every character you have.

As i said that is pocket change the real money is in the other stuff, the stuff you sell to players. You also need to be in a good trade guild in a hub. You get in a good hub and you can sell volcanic rocks to an Ashlander, trees to a Bosmer or a fur coat to a Khajiit.

You learn what to sell and how to acquire it. Then you can spend your time in game spending your money instead of earning it like me. Last full trader week. 1.3 million gold and those items that made me 1.3 mil.... i didnt spend 26 hours acquiring them...or 13 hours, not even 10 hours. I spent about 6-7 hours acquiring them.

Or you can grind gold on mobs all day. Sometimes its better to be the fry cook instead of the hedge fund manager though. I cant think of any time in which its better to be a fry cook, but i am sure there is some circumstance that never happens in which that is true.

It's absolutely possible to earn 60k plus per hour. Just selling skyreach runs is at minimum 60k per hour. Up to 80ish if people charge 5k per run. I'm not a capitalist, so many people can attest I charge 4k. Farming can get you 50k plus an hour if you follow a good route in several locations. There are many ways to earn a lot of gold per hour in this game. Stealing is one of the slowest ways to make gold in eso in my experience. It's ok as a lowbie starting out, but quickly turns into a waste of time unless you enjoy it.
    Edited by Jameliel on December 3, 2018 6:28AM
    Options
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

It's absolutely possible to earn 60k plus per hour. Just selling skyreach runs is at minimum 60k per hour. Up to 80ish if people charge 5k per run. I'm not a capitalist, so many people can attest I charge 4k. Farming can get you 50k plus an hour if you follow a good route in several locations. There are many ways to earn a lot of gold per hour in this game. Stealing is one of the slowest ways to make gold in eso in my experience. It's ok as a lowbie starting out, but quickly turns into a waste of time unless you enjoy it.

Not by grinding mobs. Not consistently. Selling Skyreach runs is still a lot of work for a little gain. There are many decent ways to make gold in this game but few great ones. And the best one by far is learning to use traders and how acquire and move goods.

I personally use a combination of methods as it takes the joy out of something if i do to much of it. I still steal, But im not looking for green and blue treasure. i just pick those up like you would pick a coin up off the sidewalk when you tied your shoe. Im looking for far more valuable treasure than the trinkets you sell to the fence.

I think peoples biggest problem with being broke in this game is lack of ambition to make an income coupled with a spending problem. The best thing one can do not to be broke is put an effort into making money and not spending it. Do you really need to fully upgrade your bag space right now? Do you? Ive had characters i play a few times a week for over a year that still dont have more than a few bag upgrades. Do you need to buy that house, or that furniture, or those alchemy ingredients so you can use uber poison all the time.

I see people say " I make 20k a day in game and i never have more than 100k gold between all my characters" . That is a big red flag for a severe spending problem.

Money management is a life skill, one that most people dont have.
    Options
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    About a month ago, I had just 1k gold left in my account. It sucks. I’ve made close to a million gold since then. I know people can probably make more but believe me I despise grinding to the core and am a pretty casual player.

What I do -
    - equipment crafting writs on atleast three characters every day, (and consumables as well on my main).
    - Join Craglorn trials for Undaunted plunder.
    - Sell redundant motifs
    - buy overland / PvP sets through AP and sell them on guild stores. You’d have to see which sets to prioritize based on demand.

And most importantly

Become self sufficient. Do not buy anything. I pick up mats while waiting for dungeon / trial groups to form. Eliminate the money sink and you will make tons of gold.
    Edited by An_An on December 3, 2018 7:19AM
    Options
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My one and only advantage in this game is time. So, the trick was finding a way of making money through a means I can do hours on end. I also love reading, but I'm not so good a multi-tasker that I can do that and play ESO at the same time. I turned to audio books and dolmens. This earns me in the neighborhood of 5K per hour, plus I know some good dolmens that have plenty of adjacent wildlife and wood/rocks/runes/herbs for additional materials. I can do dolmens and "read" for hours on end and this activity has made me financially comfortable. And I've purple and gold materials coming out my ears.

Granted, few will find my system appealing, but my point is to discover a steady wealth-building system that leverages your strengths and playing preferences.
    Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    My one and only advantage in this game is time. So, the trick was finding a way of making money through a means I can do hours on end. I also love reading, but I'm not so good a multi-tasker that I can do that and play ESO at the same time. I turned to audio books and dolmens. This earns me in the neighborhood of 5K per hour, plus I know some good dolmens that have plenty of adjacent wildlife and wood/rocks/runes/herbs for additional materials. I can do dolmens and "read" for hours on end and this activity has made me financially comfortable. And I've purple and gold materials coming out my ears.

Granted, few will find my system appealing, but my point is to discover a steady wealth-building system that leverages your strengths and playing preferences.

You should try material farming.

Download Harvest Map if you're on PC, import full map data (step 11) and turn on 3D pins.

Put on some farming gear (Fiord, Darkstride, Coward's, Jailbreaker) and give yourself a speed boost (Rapid Manuevers works for every class).

Then find a tight rotation with no enemies and run through it for an hour. It's an easy 50k per hour at least and it's a completely brainless task so you can focus on something else (I just listen to music, but audio books work too).
    Options
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    For gold I'm doing dailies that possibly reward motif style pages, and I'm doing daily writs on 5 characters; those writs are not my favourite time spent in the game, but just too good to pass on.
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just play this game, pledges, quests. Have 2000k already. Buying only motifs and food/drink.
    my humble advice: do not buy gear on live! Test it on PTS first.
    Options
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MLGProPlayer

I didn't mean to imply dolmens are the only thing I do. My day includes some gathering, quests, delves, public dungeons, a WB or two, and maybe soloing a group dungeon if I'm feeling good. I also have a small but regular income from guild traders. But I still do dolmens a lot because I can easily combine gathering and gaining xp (I'm not at max CP). Dolmens also give me a fair amount of desirable purple jewelry that I sell and/or decompose for mats. My 5K per hour included only the armor equipment that I sell directly to merchants. In truth, my average hourly income amounts to a good bit more.
    Options