The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Suggestion: Split off PVP and PVE servers

• IrishRonD
    IrishRonD
    ✭✭✭
    I am mostly a solo player, and like the idea of a PvE only Cyrodiil. BUT, going into Cyrodiil alone to PvE in a PvP zone is refreshing. All the content elsewhere gets boring after a while, and the suspense, the looking over my shoulder, the anxiety of trying to accomplish a task without getting killed is awesome. I love it and hate it, but would not want to change it at all.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

Pve content can be challenging, for sure. But once you learn those mechanics, where is the challenge?

I can fight the same guy in pvp 4x, for example, and all 4 of those fights will be different.

It's a matter of perspective Imo.

You can argue that once you learn the mechanics, there is no challenge for you as an individual. But what about other people? The appeal of Trials and Vet HM 4 man content is that requires coordination, teamwork and communication. Especially when one mistake by one individual can cost a whole raid to wipe within seconds of beating the enraged boss.

The same is true for PvP organized groups. By all means, your points about having each duel being different is sound. But not everyone enjoys that kind of environment. I had to PvP in cyro and I do enjoy the experience in small doses, but there's not enough variety in it to keep me engaged for long. Then again, running the same dungeons over and over for PvPers is likely boring to them too.

I don't see anything that needs to be changed about the status quo, but neither do I see valid points that argue taking PvE out of Cyro would take something precious away from PvP, except for easy lackluster fights that are usually one sided anyway. Not much of a challenge in that.
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on December 1, 2018 4:54PM
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    There should be no PvE exclusive Cyrodiil. Part of the fun in Cyrodiil is the risk of being jumped while out and about fishing, killing NPCs or whatever. It is a unique zone in the game and needs to stay as is.

Also since the idea seems to include being able to bring the same character to which ever server you want that would mean any changes would still affect PvE and PvP.

What happens when you copy your character across then your character gets a new monster helm and you want to use that helm in PvP? You have to transfer again. Same if you want caltrops for dungeon runs. You have to copy your character across and PvP to get your caltrops. Fun part is you can't play your PvE character without transferring back again or you will lose progression on one of the servers.
    Too bad not everyone feels the same as you or likes PvP. Not everyone finds it fun to torment others who want to do there own thing for their own sick amusement like some people on these forums. Some people don’t care about the war or like getting jumped.

Oh and don’t say "well don’t go to Cyrodiil" or "do/try PvP it’s fun!". I honestly don’t care and have lost respect for PvPers trying to shove that down my throat because most are too selfish to look at the other side of the argument.

Just think about how pvpers feel. You just have to go in for an hour to get vigor and all the other skills. Pvpers have to spend a week getting undaunted, skill lines, questing for passives etc.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Wow, stomping with your feet on the ground and start crying just make you really look like an adult - NOT

This is the behavior of a defiant, spoiled brat that is used to be treated as if the whole universe is centered around him/her. That's the result when parents raise their children as if they were special snowflakes.

Ok, I'm out.
  • Xaosi
    Xaosi
    ✭✭
    And this again is proof that pve players are just as much, if not more, toxic than any pvp player I've ever come across.

I don't see pvp players demanding whole zones are changed to suite their playstyle.

Are you that afraid to die in a video game?

Get out of your safe space!

you can already pvp everywhere, just duel someone.

I don't want to be your content, go play with others like you.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xaosi wrote: »
    And this again is proof that pve players are just as much, if not more, toxic than any pvp player I've ever come across.

I don't see pvp players demanding whole zones are changed to suite their playstyle.

Are you that afraid to die in a video game?

Get out of your safe space!

you can already pvp everywhere, just duel someone.

I don't want to be your content, go play with others like you.

We do..that's exactly what Cyrodiil is made for.
    You don't want to be someone's content, stop trying to elbow your way into PvP.

A PvE Cyrodiil is a dream...you want into Cyrodiil, you take all the risks going in provides.
    Including getting killed by other players...oh my, the horror!
    If only there were ways to kill them back...
    Edited by Kel on December 1, 2018 4:49PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can give PVP the balancing and attention it needs without affecting the game as a whole. This will also create a PVE Cyrodil.

they cant even make login system to work properly what are you talking about?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    That's not how servers work in this game. If you log on to a different server, you start with nothing.

Ask Canadian Tourist, my character on the EU server...

Not completely true. My Torchbug, Senche Tiger, Morrowind, Summerset, and ESO+ travel with me. Everything else? Yeah, that goes away.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A. Stop trying to divide players.

B. Do you really think ZOS can handle twice the balance work?
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Not Separate servers. Separate skill groups. separate gear lines. PvP and PvE need to simply be separate games, same server. the issue is the constant nerfs and buffs for PvP that impact PvE. And half the things PvP needs in balance aren't done due to PvE Impact. If they separated them in regards to skills and gear, problem solved. no need for separate "servers", as the PvP areas are separate from the PvE world already. The issue is the character design, not the environment.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IrishRonD wrote: »
    I am mostly a solo player, and like the idea of a PvE only Cyrodiil. BUT, going into Cyrodiil alone to PvE in a PvP zone is refreshing. All the content elsewhere gets boring after a while, and the suspense, the looking over my shoulder, the anxiety of trying to accomplish a task without getting killed is awesome. I love it and hate it, but would not want to change it at all.

I know I've said it before, but Cyrodiil really doesn't hold up as a PvE zone. I say this having run on the buff servers back in the day.

All of the quests are very simple, and linear. In a PvE zone, you'd get a full story, but Cyrodiil quests are designed to be mashed through. There's only three quests in the zone that buck the trend. The vast majority are, "kill ten rats," "kill ten flame attronachs," "kill a bear," "collect X random goodies scattered around town."

They'er not bad quests, but the quests are uninteresting on their own merits.

The thing is, they are very specifically designed, and fall into a few categories.

They will keep you in the town your in. This encourage small scale PvP with other potential PvE players. (Though, this has since been expanded as towns now have relevant PvP objectives as well.

They will take you to a fixed set of NPC spawns. These will almost always path you across lanes between PvP objectives, meaning when you do these quests, there's a significant chance you'll encounter PvPers who are engaging in the Alliance War.

They will take you into a delve. Delves in Cyrodiil are a little different from the base game PvE delves. The major theme is that almost all delves in Cyrodiil have multiple bosses, which will spawn in semi-random sequences. This means Cyrodiilic delves take time. Sometimes 45 minutes or more. There are a few, infamous delves in Cyrodiil that can take several hours to clear. The reasoning is, this is a PvP zone. There's incentives for PvPers to enter and run delves periodically, and as a result, even though these are discrete worldspaces, you're never safe in a Cyrodiil delve.

Finally, there are one shot quests designed to take you across the map and introduce you to another quest zone. You'll find a satchel or a note while exploring and it'll take you to a city half-way across the map. Just a pickup and deliver.

I like Cyrodiil for what it is. But, the entire entertainment in the PvE content there is linked to the fact that you need to always watch your back, and be wary of hostile players. Take that away, and the zone becomes a tedious time sink.
    Edited by starkerealm on December 1, 2018 7:40PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Wow, stomping with your feet on the ground and start crying just make you really look like an adult - NOT

This is the behavior of a defiant, spoiled brat that is used to be treated as if the whole universe is centered around him/her. That's the result when parents raise their children as if they were special snowflakes.

Ok, I'm out.

I introduce you: The PvP community, who will not give PvE players a chance to play the part of the zone they want to play without the constant risk of getting ganked.

In essence, the PvP community says:

''I do not want PvE players to do PvE safely, because I'm a PvP player!''
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

I introduce you: The PvP community, who will not give PvE players a chance to play the part of the zone they want to play without the constant risk of getting ganked.

Safely? You act like you really die for real or something. lol
    Most of us could care less and don't even go out of the way to look for questers, not worth the time.
    I bet you will find most of the people fighting you are fellow PvE players doing the same thing you are.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 1, 2018 9:29PM
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no need for serparate servers, but ZOS could rework Cyrodill because this place feels... so empty?

As for the "safety" of PVE players - I would like to see how you are playing vast majority of other PVP open world games, where you do lose full gear when you die (and additionaly sometimes you lose also XP & stats). Seriously, if you will get killed you just hit a respawn button and you continue - it makes literally no diffrence between dying in Cyro and dying during dungeon.

Moreover, I'm myself 75% PVE and 25% PVP player, but I just can't stand this elitism comming from PVE players. In fact, PVP players are much more friendly & polite than PVE players. I could give here many examples, but I will give you just one - I have never been kicked from BG when I was underperforming, but I have been kicked alot of times from random dungeons for most ridiculus reasons.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Most of us could care less and don't even go out of the way to look for questers, not worth the time.
    I bet you will find most of the people fighting you are fellow PvE players doing the same thing you are.

Oh please, you know fully well what I mean by ''safely''.

''Most of us could care less and don't even go out of the way to look for questers, not worth the time.''
    Good.

So why object to the idea of seperation?

Also, no. PvE players don't appear in groups of 5 and kill you in two seconds time. Those are people we know as gankers.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

''Most of us could care less and don't even go out of the way to look for questers, not worth the time.''
    Good.

Also, no. PvE players don't appear in groups of 5 and kill you in two seconds time. Those are people we know as gankers.

Achievements in Cyrodill were created to be earned by doing them in a combined PvE/PvP environment.
    You want them those are the rules. Thousands of players have obtained these achievements so now you want them handed to you negating what they have accomplished. Suck it up and earn them.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 3, 2018 9:20PM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    What happens to people who like to play both then?

if the situation between EU and NA accounts, or PC and PS4/XBOX is any indication...

they would probably have to make another account, level up CP again, and, ofc, level up the mounts, crafting, research, etc...

Also let's not tell them about Maelstrom/Master weapons, and all the PvE sets we use in PvP, that would be too much I guess

...Ah, thank you, but no thank you
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Can't have the thing he wants: starts to stomp his feet and call everyone evil.

reminds me of a Durex commercial...

Edited by Aisle9 on December 3, 2018 8:05PM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, the quests in cyrodil is pretty much dailes+ some one time ones.
    They have good rewards because of the increased danger because of PvP.
    Just do it on an low pop campain during slow hours and you are pretty safe.
    Did all the skyshards and all the quests on main, was killed once and it was my own fault, saw khajiit player and saw an friendly tail and not the blue marker so ran up to him and he killed me assuming I tried to kill him.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    No

I like the mega servers.. makes it simpler to play with friends.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    That's not how servers work in this game. If you log on to a different server, you start with nothing.

Ask Canadian Tourist, my character on the EU server...

That name is awesome.....just sayin'
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Good.

Achievements in Cyrodill were created to be earned by doing them in a combined PvE/PvP environment.
    You want them those are the rules. Thousands of players have obtained these achievements so now you want them handed to you negating what they have accomplished. Suck it up and earn them.

Who is talking about achievements?
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure would be nice!
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Good.

Alot of them are guilds running players through for skyshards, etc. Sure if you're there alone you'll probably get mowed down. I don't know many pvpers who waste their pvp time combing empty delves lin death groups looking for prey. There's no challenge in that. PVPers generally like challenging content that's why they're not playing whackamole pve.

So why the objection to separation? It's a waste of resources. You can go out there right now and PVE to your hearts content. Hell I've leveled up characters many levels out there and the fights I've been in are very rare unless I get close to a keep under siege or a main path the enemies heading down. Sure you'll run into a ganker or two but it's pretty rare PVEing and it's mainly when you turn in quests. Stealth in, turn your quest in, grab the next, and move out. Pretty safe...
    Edited by Zardayne on December 4, 2018 3:43AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a game this small, there's no reason to do this. When I get to the point of "needs nostalgia fix" I'll go get killed over and over in Cyrodiil....

@Reistr_the_Unbroken - there's nothing (beyond nostalgia for those of us who've played TES since Arena at its release in '94) in Cyrodiil that you really need. Now, if you're a completionist... I get it's a problem. In that case, you either have to pvp - or you have to die a lot - or you have to play smart (stealth, etc).

I have the nostalgia thing but not the rest. When nostalgia gets the better of me, I'll just go there and die a lot. *shrug* I don't have a problem with that. I don't have a problem with kiddies teabagging either - I've laughed at them in other games.

Seriously son - pick your battles. This - isn't one to stake your fun on....
  • Feronar
    Feronar
    ✭✭
    Just add a War Mode option, like in WoW.
  • Syy101
    Syy101
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the idea of separating my character into two servers. I want my character to be a competent PVE warrior and a decent PVP soldier at the same time. But I do want something like a PVE/PVP build slot, where I can switch morphs on the fly.

As for PVE Cyrodiil, if you play Cyrodiil quests a bit you will find the idea not very meaningful. All quests in Cyrodiil, either repeatable or not, are just some boring stuffs where you deliver a message/package/item across the map, with little story telling. If Cyrodiil is made a PVE zone, it either: 1. is a very boring, empty large zones that everyone will lose interest in it after a week; 2. forces ZOS to add new story line and tons of contents into it, which ZOS won't probably want to do.

If you just want to farm Skyshards, go for it. I can assure you no one will bother you, even in a busy campaign like vivec. PvPers are so busy taking keeps and resources that they have zero interest in ganking PvEers. Yesterday I solo farmed the EP section of Imperial Sewers on my DC character and didn't encounter a single enemy player. I did run into a AD player in the Imperial City but seems he was more reluctant to fight than I was. He just ran straight for an exit and by the looks of his pvp rank he was clearly another PVEer.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Good.

Achievements like Master Angler are they only thing a PvE player would miss out on by not going to Cyrodiil.
    Why else would you need all the skyshards and quest completions?
    There are more than enough shards and skill points in the main game.
    So if you are not worried about achievements you have no real need to go to Cyrodiil at all as a PvE player.

Edited by TequilaFire on December 4, 2018 2:32PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Good.

Achievements like Master Angler are they only thing a PvE player would miss out on by not going to Cyrodiil.
    So if you are not worried about achievements you have no real need to go to Cyrodiil at all as a PvE player.

I recommend you look up what the fanbase of this franchise is about before you make me laugh.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DONT CARE 👌

Ok, I'm out.

Good.

I recommend you look up what the fanbase of this franchise is about before you make me laugh.

Total nonsense response, there are many achievement hunters in this game.
  • Dithieon
    Dithieon
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I couldn't give a wet fart about PvP. That being said,how many PvE zones are there compared to PvP zones? It's kind of selfish to ask for a PvE Cyrodiil,when we PvE'rs have a whole world to ourselves. The idea of a separate server for PvP sounds good in that it would,in theory,make things run better for the PvP'rs,so that part of your idea sounds good. My 2 cents.
    "There is a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand" - Ser Jorah Mormont