The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone feel like healing self healing is a little overpowered in this game?

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Self healing is so weak compared to the damage players can deal so no, not at all. I play no cp btw so it might be very differnt but here damage is insane.

• ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭

Rally, Vigor
    LOL got me all excited before you ninja edited green dragon. Thought maybe they'd changed it and I could respec

It was wishfull thinking lol, I been lobbying for MOAR stamina morphs for StamDK.

Stam dk needs more morph straight up.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    Chirru wrote: »
    ochsinator wrote: »
    Honestly this is my favorite game it’s awesome love how it looks and how you build your character. Love the pvp and the pve aspects and I even actually get into the questing from time to time.

One aspect I think is a little crazy is how much self healing there is where if your in a duel and both people get through their rotations a couple times both get low and then just heal back up in 2 seconds and start over. Not asking for a change just saying that I wonder how the game would play with self healing not being such a factor. I think it would make the time omg of your blocks dodges stuns and skills much more meaningful.

Thanks for your Opinion and not asking for a change.

Self heal is only a problem in PvP.

Self heal in PvE is just fine.

My opinon. Establish PvP only servers.
    Okay...okay...wishful thinking :)

I don't know self healing in PvE definitely could be a question.

If it is nerfed much it will mean serious issues for borderline groups as the healers outside of the top raid groups already struggle. imo, I raid with both good and more casual groups.

@Tasear will flip if they degrade sorc healing
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is not to much self-healing in the game. Vigor/Forward Momentum isn't a good ult generator like Mutagen. Stam self heal is a matter of distributing the damage taken over time which has a dynamic to it. Templar self heal is strong as it ought to be but templars typically don't have infinite magicka pools. Sorc/NB rely on mobility to stretch out HoTs. Magicka DKs rely on skills to stretch out HoTs?

The above is based on a 24 vs 24 pug scenario. If people melted to quickly the battles would be short and uninteresting.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    What sets you are wearing and what damage you have doesn't matter if you cant use cc, burst and execute.
    Learn your class and weapon skills, synergise there use to obtain the most effective way to apply them and in what order to put most pressure on your opponent, practice for speed.
    I don't know why you are having people running away to heal, cc or gap close should stop this?
    If someone is just spamming heals keep pressure on them until you have ult then cc with burst.
    If I knew what class, what cp, what skills and other details I might be able to help.

Stam dk running 7th legion spriggin and blood spawn.

Front bar 2h. Crit rush. Spiked armor. Rally. Ven claw. Execution. Dragon leap.

Back bar. SnB. Vigor. Frag shield. Wings. Reverb bash. Heroic slash. Corrosive

Usually I’ll pop wings with spiked and rally buffed up then switch back crit rush in hit ven claw switch to back bar hit reverb bash then light then heroic then light then heroic then back to front bar hit ven claw again and start hiring execution then light then execution then light. And if my ults up I’ll hit them with it right after the second application of ven claw.

Recently been playing pve and leveling my bow and duel wield so I’ve played with switching out sword and board with duel wield and bow. But I haven’t played enough pvp with those set ups.

ok right off the bat you need dizzy swing on there as that is your burst set up and you need fossilise on there as that is a stam drainer for your opponent and best cc in game.
    lead with fossilise then heroic and reverb for debuffs then dot up then when cc immune wears off hit the dizzy swing until they get air then when they in the air hit leap and execute, if they don't die apply more pressure from dots and debuffs until your dizzy swing leap execute breaks them down, if still struggling use increase stam cost poison on s+b bar and oblivion damage on 2h.
    Work your bar to where you find the skill balance you need, I like breath on my stamdk for the debuff but not many like this skill due to its inconsistency with hitting but I seem to be able to position it ok, horses for courses I guess, find your balance and your play style that's most effective for you. good luck.
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, without self healing harder solo PvE content would probably have to be nerfed. Can't see many people finishing vMA with weak shields AND weak healing.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    What sets you are wearing and what damage you have doesn't matter if you cant use cc, burst and execute.
    Learn your class and weapon skills, synergise there use to obtain the most effective way to apply them and in what order to put most pressure on your opponent, practice for speed.
    I don't know why you are having people running away to heal, cc or gap close should stop this?
    If someone is just spamming heals keep pressure on them until you have ult then cc with burst.
    If I knew what class, what cp, what skills and other details I might be able to help.

Usually I’ll pop wings with spiked and rally buffed up then switch back crit rush in hit ven claw switch to back bar hit reverb bash then light then heroic then light then heroic then back to front bar hit ven claw again and start hiring execution then light then execution then light. And if my ults up I’ll hit them with it right after the second application of ven claw.

Recently been playing pve and leveling my bow and duel wield so I’ve played with switching out sword and board with duel wield and bow. But I haven’t played enough pvp with those set ups.

ok right off the bat you need dizzy swing on there as that is your burst set up and you need fossilise on there as that is a stam drainer for your opponent and best cc in game.
    lead with fossilise then heroic and reverb for debuffs then dot up then when cc immune wears off hit the dizzy swing until they get air then when they in the air hit leap and execute, if they don't die apply more pressure from dots and debuffs until your dizzy swing leap execute breaks them down, if still struggling use increase stam cost poison on s+b bar and oblivion damage on 2h.
    Work your bar to where you find the skill balance you need, I like breath on my stamdk for the debuff but not many like this skill due to its inconsistency with hitting but I seem to be able to position it ok, horses for courses I guess, find your balance and your play style that's most effective for you. good luck.

Yeah in duels dizzy swing works but in battle grounds dizzy swing is urealiable

I’ll try out your suggestions I’ve tried playing with similar set ups though and found the way I’ve been playing to work best.

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.... no, actually. I only have satellite for connect, and my self heals don't really seem to work when they should (lag.... *sigh* HUGE lag.... 2000+ ms lag....) And, I'm not usually able reliably to swap bars or use quickslot pots.

So.... yeah. I don't find it "that other direction" at all.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use Lingering health potions as well. They're great, but ingredients are expensive.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Well.... no, actually. I only have satellite for connect, and my self heals don't really seem to work when they should (lag.... *sigh* HUGE lag.... 2000+ ms lag....) And, I'm not usually able reliably to swap bars or use quickslot pots.

So.... yeah. I don't find it "that other direction" at all.

It may seem stupid but you can also use an absorb health enchant maybe
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    You can use Lingering health potions as well. They're great, but ingredients are expensive.

Yep. Working towards those, but I'm not in that range yet.

It's a puzzling dichotomy. My lag is so bad I really can't even consider bothering "real players". But there are so many things I can't do in this game.

I can't get past any of the quest line "mini bosses" - because with my lag, I just am not able to produce the sheer amount of DPS and healing needed to do so.

It's a very disheartening, frustrating thing. I love TES - and I want to love ESO (eh, in many ways, I do) - but the way the game is structured: a long quest line for most content, where you only receive XP at the END of it - AFTER you kill a boss which requires you get every ability and spell off in rotation without missing one - well, for me that's just not possible.

I'm missing out on so much in this game.... it's very sad - eh, no that's wrong - it's not sad, I'M sad ABOUT it. But I can't get abilities and spells off in that ideal rotation. 2 second lag doesn't allow that.

I think.... I wouldn't have decided to play this game had I realized it was so..... combat intensive. Now, I don't mind combat - though truthfully I would prefer someone come up with a game where one could gain levels by almost ANY other mechanic besides combat! (without forcing me to play a male, which I refuse to do) as long as it's not - sort of like the arcade games I never could do thirty years back or so.

Eh.... I understand I'm anomalous in the extreme - my connection is marginal, my enjoyment is predicated on things outside the "norm", and I want things no one ever seems to have produced - but still, I do love this game.

Even though if I ever get Sha to 50 it will be FAR more than by good luck than good management. And CP after that? Probably not going to happen.

Ach. Sorry. Ignore my grumbling. Not had a few good days here....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. If they nerf self heals I know who to go after. I swear to god, people just want to nerf everything in PvP until everyone is forced to play in a Zerg because you’re going to either only be light attacking or healing.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 2, 2018 4:12AM
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope nope nope. Really tired of seeing nerf posts when someone goes against another character that's put in time to make a working build and earned the skill points to unlock said build and camped/crafted the gear and potions for said build and then Joe blow still in prisoner outfit and two skills with attributes split 3 ways gets wrecked and cries for a nerf. I swear to God Zos listening to these things makes you tired of rebuilding your character for the 20the time because random newbie can't be bothered can't one shot 8 people in battlegrounds. Learn the GAME, invest in your CHARACTER and STOP calling for NERFS.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in duels dizzy swing works but in battle grounds dizzy swing is urealiable

I’ll try out your suggestions I’ve tried playing with similar set ups though and found the way I’ve been playing to work best.

Ye, its not ideal but its about how you fire your DS, they changed it and it takes practice to pull off.
    Initial cast requires target then it requires target to land so you have to try and precog where your target will be and make sure you are reticled there at point of impact, doesn't matter if you lose target during animation so long as beginning and end are good.
    Sounds weird but with practice you can be pretty consistent. Just my observation.
    Edited by Stebarnz on December 2, 2018 7:59PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depend on group, yes if you have 4 players with flawless and vmol skin in an guild group no. For an standard vet pug have fun.
    Did an guild run first day of event finder did not work so we did vet wayrest 1 as its easy and pledge.
    I tanked and 3 DD, not very impressive dps and no heals. was unable to do HM because of lack of heals.

Healed normal banish cell 1 all was above cp 160 and not an potato group, but not very good. Other healer was probably kicked as we had no issues.
    Did nICP, no healer, my stamblade slotted vigor and an magplar used BOL, smooth after wipe on first boss because lack of heals.
    Now that shock me is why magic DD don't have an off heal setup and gearing for it. No you don't need SPC or the cloudrest set.
    Preferable an staff in set but even an generic healing staff can be useful.
    Yes sees any magic builds as healer as in too many random dungeons.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

Yep. Working towards those, but I'm not in that range yet.

It's a puzzling dichotomy. My lag is so bad I really can't even consider bothering "real players". But there are so many things I can't do in this game.

I can't get past any of the quest line "mini bosses" - because with my lag, I just am not able to produce the sheer amount of DPS and healing needed to do so.

It's a very disheartening, frustrating thing. I love TES - and I want to love ESO (eh, in many ways, I do) - but the way the game is structured: a long quest line for most content, where you only receive XP at the END of it - AFTER you kill a boss which requires you get every ability and spell off in rotation without missing one - well, for me that's just not possible.

I'm missing out on so much in this game.... it's very sad - eh, no that's wrong - it's not sad, I'M sad ABOUT it. But I can't get abilities and spells off in that ideal rotation. 2 second lag doesn't allow that.

I think.... I wouldn't have decided to play this game had I realized it was so..... combat intensive. Now, I don't mind combat - though truthfully I would prefer someone come up with a game where one could gain levels by almost ANY other mechanic besides combat! (without forcing me to play a male, which I refuse to do) as long as it's not - sort of like the arcade games I never could do thirty years back or so.

Eh.... I understand I'm anomalous in the extreme - my connection is marginal, my enjoyment is predicated on things outside the "norm", and I want things no one ever seems to have produced - but still, I do love this game.

Even though if I ever get Sha to 50 it will be FAR more than by good luck than good management. And CP after that? Probably not going to happen.

Ach. Sorry. Ignore my grumbling. Not had a few good days here....

If it makes you feel any better my "rotation" is utter trash. I usually reapply DOTs before they've run there course because im not paying attention. You can try a VPN as well, maybe that will help.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Depend on group, yes if you have 4 players with flawless and vmol skin in an guild group no. For an standard vet pug have fun.
    Did an guild run first day of event finder did not work so we did vet wayrest 1 as its easy and pledge.
    I tanked and 3 DD, not very impressive dps and no heals. was unable to do HM because of lack of heals.

Healed normal banish cell 1 all was above cp 160 and not an potato group, but not very good. Other healer was probably kicked as we had no issues.
    Did nICP, no healer, my stamblade slotted vigor and an magplar used BOL, smooth after wipe on first boss because lack of heals.
    Now that shock me is why magic DD don't have an off heal setup and gearing for it. No you don't need SPC or the cloudrest set.
    Preferable an staff in set but even an generic healing staff can be useful.
    Yes sees any magic builds as healer as in too many random dungeons.

I slot a heal on all 15 characters, and I try to use skills that damage and heal.
  • HallowedUndead
    Keep da Healz