Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

A lot of us want the Necromancer Class, but what would it look like?

• ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    What if instead of another class, it was a Skill line and Sets like with Summerset. Then you could pair it with NB skills etc.

I feel a skill line is the most they could get away with, a dabble into necromancy (like how altmer culture will study it only not to be caught out by it) could make sense 😊

And I remember Abnur Tharn told my Warden, 'we'll make a Necromancer of you yet' so a skill line would also make that possible lol

Yeah a necromancy line is still possible at the very least if not a whole class. You can make arguments for both sides and they both have merit. At the end of the day if it has at least a small amount of probability it would work. What happens if you walk around in other elder scrolls games with an undead summon? Not really much. Maybe a "good day!". So ruling necromancy out as a possible skill line is foolish.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very highly doubt that i want ZOS to make another class lol, can definitely live without it.
    PC|EU
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if instead of another class, it was a Skill line and Sets like with Summerset. Then you could pair it with NB skills etc.

I feel a skill line is the most they could get away with, a dabble into necromancy (like how altmer culture will study it only not to be caught out by it) could make sense 😊

And I remember Abnur Tharn told my Warden, 'we'll make a Necromancer of you yet' so a skill line would also make that possible lol

Yeah a necromancy line is still possible at the very least if not a whole class. You can make arguments for both sides and they both have merit. At the end of the day if it has at least a small amount of probability it would work. What happens if you walk around in other elder scrolls games with an undead summon? Not really much. Maybe a "good day!". So ruling necromancy out as a possible skill line is foolish.

As I said, necromancy as a skill line is possible but I feel as a class would be lore breaking to story eso presents. Nothing foolish in this assumption given with how the eso story works & how alike it would be to the sorc class.

In relation to other elder scrolls games, you are spot on although in Skyrim it is frowned upon by quite a few npcs but alas you are The Dragonborn & nobody wants to argue with you

I did really like your “mechanic” class you mentioned earlier though, I could see that working! See it as an artificer where the Stam morphs would be mechanical & the mag morphs would be alchemical
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As I said, necromancy as a skill line is possible but I feel as a class would be lore breaking to story eso presents. Nothing foolish in this assumption given with how the eso story works & how alike it would be to the sorc class.

In relation to other elder scrolls games, you are spot on although in Skyrim it is frowned upon by quite a few npcs but alas you are The Dragonborn & nobody wants to argue with you

I did really like your “mechanic” class you mentioned earlier though, I could see that working! See it as an artificer where the Stam morphs would be mechanical & the mag morphs would be alchemical

I could spin that back up for you if you wanted? Like i said in my original posts i love making stuff. And ill give you a hint to what is in the class!

Metal magic reflect based on the dwemer oculory!
    A magbased molten slag ground aoe that morphs into a sharp metal spike aoe for stam not to dissimilar to caltrops.

An automaton pet based line with upgrades!

And a physically altering alteration magic line!

Edited by ESO_Nightingale on November 27, 2018 12:44AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what Necromancers would look like because at this stage in ESO's life cycle it probably won't happen.

Pie-1.jpg
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully, something like this:

6aa6430ec6da728809027e2d9cb39b5d.jpg

Why would she wear something like that? You gotta be protected by armor! I mean at the very least she would be cold.

That chest armor is actually super close to the Fang Lair chest armor for females. So thats something.

For me personally, I'd like a necromancer class to be a magic/disease damage tree, a self healing/befouling tree, and a tree for summoning skellys and undead. If the water magic could be worked into the first tree, id be cool with it, but just as long as my necromancer gets a few disease dots and direct damage too.

yeah your ideas are what I was thinking of for a necromancer. I don't really like the water magic idea honestly
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I very highly doubt that i want ZOS to make another class lol, can definitely live without it.
    Agreed, for the same reasons I usually dislike any "new class" ideas.

New classes at this point in the game would seem a good thing for new players, but extremely vexing for old hands who had been loyally playing ESO since launch and already guiding a dozend or more characters through all the stories, doubly vexing when the new class would fit one of their old character ideas better then what we had back when we made them.

A skill like like the Psijic Order on the other hand... that can be refitted to ANY character no matter if newly made or played since lanuch... either as guild or better yet as specialization... that I would enjoy seeing!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, something like this:

6aa6430ec6da728809027e2d9cb39b5d.jpg

Why would she wear something like that? You gotta be protected by armor! I mean at the very least she would be cold.

I mean, logical, but..
    she's already cold inside. :D

I like these ideas, though!!
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• woe
    woe
    ✭✭✭✭
    This *** needs to stop. If we get a necro class this game is dead.
    uwu
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    This *** needs to stop. If we get a necro class this game is dead.

lol... no it wont.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrection dead player corpses in cyrrodill and have them fight for you.

Wouldn't it be great when you arrive at a keep you died earlier and see your zombie clone attack you haha:)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s what I posted as a necromancer class. I think it would be a lot of fun! :)

Necro:
    Ultimate: Balreth’s Wrath
    Summons a projection of balreth. Raining fire in as an AOE for a certain amount of time. (Similar to beginning Ebon pact missions with balreth on the boat)
    Morph 1: increases in area over time.
    Morph 2: scorched ground lingers after to cause extra fire damage

Ability 1: shallow grave- places an aoe of arms reaching up from the ground that reduce movement speed by x% (see this occasionally at dolmen bosses)
    Morph 1: deals initial damage when entered
    Morph 2: lasts longer

Ability 2: will-o-wisp - cast a cold fire projectile that does x damage. (Flies similar to Ciirenas the Shepherds of fungal grotto 2)
    Morph 1: does x damage over time
    Morph 2: while slotted grants prophecy

Ability 3: bone grab - stuns a target for x seconds. (You see this move pop up from npcs in Summerset as a giant skull hand grabbing you)
    Morph 1: increases range
    Morph 2: decreases cost

Ability 4: raise dead -summon a skeleton to fight for you doing x damage.
    Morph 1: summons 2 weaker ones that explodes on a target causing aoe damage.
    Morph 2: reanimates skeleton bringing it back to life upon death.

Ability 5: bone wall . Place a aoe on the ground that summons 3 skeletons to intercept x incoming projectiles for x seconds. (Similar to crystallized shield but is a stationary aoe)
    Morph 1: restore magicka
    Morph 2: allies can use a synergy to grant a temporary shield for x seconds.

Deathly sickness:
    Ultimate: summon a flesh atronach that does x damage for x seconds.
    Morph 1: it does a knock back occasionally
    Morph 2: it is now stationary summoning multiple aoe pools of disease damage every x seconds.

Ability 1: Bile- spew bile applying x disease damage over time.
    Morph 1: the damage can spread to to enemies near the target for lesser damage.
    Morph 2: applies fracture and breach

Ability 2: corrosion - cause your surrounding to decay reducing the targets weapon damage by x
    Morph 1: reduces spell damage by x
    Morph 2: changes to a decaying mist grant evasion

Ability 3: Namira’s deal- applies a disease damage to yourself doing x damage over time and applies a stronger version to each enemy you deal direct damage too.
    Morph 1: lasts longer on the target
    Morph 2: lessens the damage to you.

Ability 4: place 3 diseases corpses at time on the ground that have a small aoe. These heal friendly targets that are in them.
    Morph 1: expands the Size of the aoe morph 2: also applies defile to enemies that walk into them for x seconds.

Ability 5: healthy immune - boost your resistances by x.
    Morph 1: remove x negative effects
    Morph 2 : bacteria spreads to allies also increasing their resistances by x.

Reachmen’s Ways: (I chose reachmen because if you look at the lore. They have a lot in common with necromacers and house necromancer clans along with forbidden and barbaric magic)

Ultimate: Wispmothers love
    Summons a wisp mother that absorbs your damage for x seconds.
    Morph 1: Wisps circle the mother doing x aoe damage.
    Morph 2: coverts it to a healing ultimate. The wispmother summons two healing wisps for x second. These wisp jump to the two lowest health targets applying a strong heal and restoring their highest max resource pool.
    (This ultimate is a reference to Mercedene of the winterborn clan)

Ability 1: Insatiable hunger- summons a spear that aims for the enemies vitals doing x damage.
    Morph 1: scales with stamina Also applies minor brutality and savagery
    Morph 2: gain minor expedition

Ability 2: cannibal- devour a heart strengthening you. Heal x% of your max health over x seconds.
    Morph 1: stamina recovery
    Morph 2: magicka recovery
    (Reference to winterborn tradition)

Ability 3: bloodthorns roots- covers the ground in front of you as a square or Conal AOE that increase the weapons and spell damage of your allies that walk through it.
    Morph 1: heals allies also
    Morph 2: snares enemies

Ability 4: briarheart: offers your health to restore the health of an ally.
    Morph 1: heals 2 allies.
    Morph 2: gives you and the target minor protection.

Ability 5: Hagravens leash- link a target to you. Along as you are connected the target has minor maim.
    Morph 1: applies major fortitude and minor vitality to you.
    Morph 2: applies major/ minor defile to the target.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want drain skill.

Drain ~14k HP from tank in the group (~7k from yourself if solo or if there is no tank) and give other players X spell/weapon damage for X seconds. Obviously next cast will work only upon cooldown.

Pros:
    - can eliminate fake tanks from PUGs. Literally )
    - healer become more needed as a healer, not dd hybrid with BoL spam from time to time
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could use the grasping dead skill the new necromancer boss in murkmire uses.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, I can't think of 3 good and unique skill lines for a Necromancer Class. Most of the ideas would overlap with several existing skills that it might as well be carbon copies of one another, just with a different coloring. Hell, I'm still under the impression that the Undaunted Skill Line was a scrapped Necromancer Class Skill Line, due in large part to how many of the skills make sense thematically with Necromancer. Then, NB rounds out some of it as well, being the class with magic akin to Blood Siphoning and Illusion sprinkled into their skill lines. Sorcerer's Daedric spells (Mines, Curse, Bound Armor) all could have fit Necromancer as well.

I can think of maybe a handful of unique skills/passives that could be cobbled together to make a skill line but not a full class.
    Pestilence
    250 Ultimate - 10m radius - 15 seconds
    Release a choking Miasma that deals X Magic Damage to all enemies within its radius. Snares and applies Major Maim to all enemies for 4 seconds.
    Morph: Leeching Pestilence: Heals caster for damage dealt
    Morph: Spreading Plague: Follows the Caster.

Necrotic Fountain
    8m radius - 6 seconds
    Open up a fountain of necrotic energy, healing allies for X amount per second.
    Morph: Cursed Fount: Applies Minor Fracture/Breech to enemies that enter and allies gain Minor Resolve/Ward
    Morph: Draining Fount: Deals X damage to enemies and increases the healing effectiveness of the spell per enemy hit.

Command Zombie
    Basic pet with a conal AoE vomit attack for its pet action
    Morph: Corpse Explosion: Changes the conal AoE for an exploding PBAoE
    Morph: Lingering Corpse: Upon death, leaves a puddle of acid, dealing X poison damage over time to enemies that enter.

Bone Cage
    6m radius - 2 seconds
    Surround enemies close by in a column of bones, trapping them in place. Gain Major Resolve/Ward for 20 seconds
    Morph: Fragmented Cage: Deals X Magic Damage to enemies trapped with an additional DoT attached
    Morph: Bone Wall: Gain Minor Vitality

Death Bolt
    28m range
    Fire a bolt of Necrotic Energy, dealing X Magic Damage and providing Major Sorcery for 20 seconds
    Morph: Skull Blast: Physical Damage, Major Brutality, Splash damage to nearby enemies.
    Morph: Deathly Blast: Hits up to 3 targets and deals more damage the further the blast travels.

Summon Bone Colossus
    Basic pet that can summon kamikaze skeletons for its pet action
    Morph: Flesh Atronach: Deals Poison damage and summons hoavors instead
    Morph: Flaming Bone Colossus: Deals fire damage with a small fire cloak surrounding it.

Forbidden Knowledge: Reduce the cost of Necromancer skills by 5/10%
    Skeletal Pact: When a summoned creature is destroyed, make the next ability used free to cast
    Tombstone: Gain Minor Heroism when in combat while having a Necromancer Summoning Ability active
    Bolstering Necrosis: Increase Healing Done and Received by 2/3% while having a Necromancer Summoning Ability active.

Maybe I could have made more skills with more time and thought but I'm much to tired ATM so that's what I'll leave for now.
    Argonian forever
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, all TES games have had necromancy options for the player, but they’ve been a small part of the Conjuration tree and I think that’s a better fit for a new class: Conjurer. One skill line for necromancy, one for flame and frost atronachs (maybe wind atronach as the ult?), and a third for bound weapons.

I know sorcs already have a skill line that dabbles in this, but they only have daedra summoning covered. There’s a lot of conjuration abilities left to cover, with more than enough thematic variance for multiple skill lines. This way necromancy builds are possible, but the class can also be used as an atronach build or a battle Mage, both of which are TES staples.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

Yep, all TES games have had necromancy options for the player, but they’ve been a small part of the Conjuration tree and I think that’s a better fit for a new class: Conjurer. One skill line for necromancy, one for flame and frost atronachs (maybe wind atronach as the ult?), and a third for bound weapons.

I know sorcs already have a skill line that dabbles in this, but they only have daedra summoning covered. There’s a lot of conjuration abilities left to cover, with more than enough thematic variance for multiple skill lines. This way necromancy builds are possible, but the class can also be used as an atronach build or a battle Mage, both of which are TES staples.

we can just have a massive rework to the largely unused soul magic skill tree. we can keep the ultimate. buff soul trap and give a skill i thought of called a summoning stone.

the summoning stone would have several morphs of all Atronachs. and would be like the Eevee(Pokemon) of ESO. there can also be bound weapons as a skill buff.