The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What’s the Most OP Thing? (Round 3!)

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come damage in general is never an option because damage has been pretty damn high but people point the finger at healing. When really it’s damage and free damage that has people building tanky and speccing into heals.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purge
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    How come damage in general is never an option because damage has been pretty damn high but people point the finger at healing. When really it’s damage and free damage that has people building tanky and speccing into heals.

Neither are the problem. They cancel each other out.

What people are noting, v especially in this thread, are players in groups or situations where they have one more player providing that extra person to be that extra op heal or op ult dump.

Speed was the counter, a natural ability to even the odds. Mobilty it's what will counter some of this. And if not then you died, nothing wrong with that or couldn't kill, nothing wrong either.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

What people are noting, v especially in this thread, are players in groups or situations where they have one more player providing that extra person to be that extra op heal or op ult dump.

Speed was the counter, a natural ability to even the odds. Mobilty it's what will counter some of this. And if not then you died, nothing wrong with that or couldn't kill, nothing wrong either.

They don’t cancel each other out , damage is higher in cp pvp and definitely in no cp. If you don’t build to survive you’ll get nuked in secs and it doesn’t matter how strong your heals are. Heals don’t equate to mitigation such as crit resistance, resistance, blocking etc. and I think people are lumping that with heals. Have you ever came across a squishy healer ? They die pretty quick. There has always been a bias towards healing and defense in this game. People rarely address the damage creep because 5k-6k weapon damage builds are fine , which btw buffs your heals too.

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipe
    Snipe is first. No shock there.
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general
    The irony that snipe and healing are leading when one of the biggest complaints about snipe is it counters healing too well 🤣
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Another useless thread lol.

The only OP thing in a PVP video game is experienced PVPer who uses his head from time to time.
    Whichever ability this type of player uses to kill a potato is what a potato will find most OP.
    That's how it goes.
    Yea, nothing has ever been overpowered in MMO-PvP, all victories (especially yours!) are earned through pure skill, since that's all it takes. What utter tripe.

In reality, there are plenty of things that could stand to be adjusted to some extent, but I went with Bleeds since they're the most widespread issue right now. A Werewolf with Torug's Pact is more ridiculous than Stam-Player-#59642's Master Dual Wield setup, but it's also not as common.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds

They don’t cancel each other out , damage is higher in cp pvp and definitely in no cp. If you don’t build to survive you’ll get nuked in secs and it doesn’t matter how strong your heals are. Heals don’t equate to mitigation such as crit resistance, resistance, blocking etc. and I think people are lumping that with heals. Have you ever came across a squishy healer ? They die pretty quick. There has always been a bias towards healing and defense in this game. People rarely address the damage creep because 5k-6k weapon damage builds are fine , which btw buffs your heals too.

Well I can make a tanky damage dealer that goes toe to toe, blow to blow with those WD stack builds.

Maybe other players don't share my feedback but bleeds are countered by hots, high burst but block heals, ranged by dodge builds, etc.

Everything has a counter.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe
    Where's my option for forumblades ? Dammit @Thogard. ZOS might be taking notes right now.
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on November 25, 2018 10:03PM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

The only OP thing in a PVP video game is experienced PVPer who uses his head from time to time.
    Whichever ability this type of player uses to kill a potato is what a potato will find most OP.
    That's how it goes.
    Yea, nothing has ever been overpowered in MMO-PvP, all victories (especially yours!) are earned through pure skill, since that's all it takes. What utter tripe.

In reality, there are plenty of things that could stand to be adjusted to some extent, but I went with Bleeds since they're the most widespread issue right now. A Werewolf with Torug's Pact is more ridiculous than Stam-Player-#59642's Master Dual Wield setup, but it's also not as common.

Overpower is a myth and it's purpose is for baddies to feel better about themselves because god forbid you got beaten because of your own mistakes amirite?
    There is no OP, there is only broken mechanics or skills that gets fixed, some sooner some later but *** gets fixed in the end.
    That's why this thread and every whining call for nerfs thread is useless from a game design point of view.
    I guess potatos need to vent somewhere so go at it, but I wish they did it at home instead of tarding up game forums.
    Like, break a mouse or keybord or something, we'll all be better for it.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 25, 2018 10:12PM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I can make a tanky damage dealer that goes toe to toe, blow to blow with those WD stack builds.

Maybe other players don't share my feedback but bleeds are countered by hots, high burst but block heals, ranged by dodge builds, etc.

Everything has a counter.

You’re side stepping the point. Healing by itself is not stronger than damage by itself. You have to build for mitigation to stand your ground as a healer. If you don’t a person with 6k weapon damage is going to destroy you. So no healing in general doesn’t counter damage nor is it stronger. There’s a big difference between a tanky healer and a squishy healer, and the tankiness doesn’t come from healing.

Mitigation doesn’t equate to heals.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

That's how it goes.

Overpower is a myth and it's purpose is for baddies to feel better about themselves because god forbid you got beaten because of your own mistakes amirite?
    There is no OP, there is only broken mechanics or skills that gets fixed, some sooner some later but *** gets fixed in the end.
    That's why this thread and every whining call for nerfs thread is useless from a game design point of view.
    I guess potatos need to vent somewhere so go at it, but I wish they did it at home instead of tarding up game forums.
    Like, break a mouse or keybord or something, we'll all be better for it.

Behold everyone, the best player on all servers!

What you are saying is exactly the opposite of the points of this thread. Overpowered in this context means something that less skilled players can use to defeat more skilled players without ‘outplaying’ them. And this game is full of those. Just stop. You are making a fool of yourself.
    PCNA

• Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    What you are saying is exactly the opposite of the points of this thread. Overpowered in this context means something that less skilled players can use to defeat more skilled players without ‘outplaying’ them. And this game is full of those. Just stop. You are making a fool of yourself.

Situational awerness is a player skill.
    Doing research on classes that kill you and cooking up a counter play and build is a player skill.

Snipers only kill potatos.
    But that's ok, not all can be good at gaming.
    That's why when a potato starts sheding tears on this forum it often gets help.
    Advice is given at what needs to be done for the potato to improve, all counters are mentioned, builds are proposed.

Potato ignores and rejects advices then continues to shed tears annoying everyone that tried to help and the only thing you can do after that is to call the potato a potato.

We can't have a meaningfull conversation about PVP skills and builds on this forum because the good threads or even the legit complaints get buried under a pile of potato made silly threads.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Affects everything now
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zekka
    Zekka
    ✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    Unbreakable eclipse. I just can't reliably break free out of it on a controller, so RIP unless im on a class with a purify.

God this, something needs to be done about Total Dark's break free mechanic. I swear the only reason why this skill is useful is because it is hell to break free out of it in combat, making you waste tons of time and ressources while you're either bashing the air or blocking.
    Maybe make it a synergy to break it or something...

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    Snares and roots effects in general as they are twice as common and effective as the expedition effects and because the current sources of snare and root immunity are very few... but since they aren’t listed I’m gonna go with bleeds. I’m not talking about rending slashes or blood craze here... I’m just referring to the two passive bleeds as they are free sources of damage that ignore resistances and can be applied automatically in an offensive rotation
    Edited by _Ahala_ on November 26, 2018 4:30AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general

Doing research on classes that kill you and cooking up a counter play and build is a player skill.

Advice is given at what needs to be done for the potato to improve, all counters are mentioned, builds are proposed.

Potato ignores and rejects advices then continues to shed tears annoying everyone that tried to help and the only thing you can do after that is to call the potato a potato.

We can't have a meaningfull conversation about PVP skills and builds on this forum because the good threads or even the legit complaints get buried under a pile of potato made silly threads.

Who are you in game?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Who are you in game?

Seriously, I need to know too. I'm having such hard time believing this is anything but a troll post.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

Who are you in game?

I play on PC EU.
    Are you going to continue talking about "OP" things or are you going to learn to play already?
    You seem obsesed with "OP" things.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 26, 2018 6:25AM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Snipe on a stamblade:
    Close up range and invisible uses snipe and incap on an unbuffed squishy target. Target is insta-killed.

Sounds like the target is a crap player and got outplayed.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general

Who are you in game?

I play on PC EU.
    Are you going to continue talking about "OP" things or are you going to learn to play already?
    You seem obsesed with "OP" things.

This is a poll i do every 6 months to track changes.

Put out some gameplay footage. You're picking fights with some very talented PvPers but you haven't built up any credibility of your own. At this point, everyone is assuming that you're just someone who crutches on broken playstyles. Without videos of your own, you're just a whiner who's picking fights with established PvPers.

Regardless of if you do or you don't have any actual ability to back up your trash talk, your relativist argument has no bearing in this thread. We're not complaining here. just trying to take a census of what most people believe.

If you think the game is perfectly balanced then congrats, you're the only one. not even the devs think the game is perfectly balanced. Things get changed every patch for a reason.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    If you think the game is perfectly balanced then congrats, you're the only one. not even the devs think the game is perfectly balanced. Things get changed every patch for a reason.

I don't think the game is perfectly balanced, no MMO ever is.
    The difference is I don't come running on forums to complain when something doesn't go my way, I figure it out and solve it, because it's usually my mistake.

Open any forum section and first page you'll see multiple clueless threads made by players calling OP any skill or class that killed them recently.
    It's one of the most whiny game forums I've seen in a while.
    That behavior often contributes to dumbing down a game, it has happened in many MMOs before.
    And your silly threads encourage the behavior.

I mean, ZoS already treats us like we all have autism with all the participation trophys in PVP.
    How much more does the game need to be dumbed down for all of you to be happy with it?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general

I don't think the game is perfectly balanced, no MMO ever is.
    The difference is I don't come running on forums to complain when something doesn't go my way, I figure it out and solve it, because it's usually my mistake.

Open any forum section and first page you'll see multiple clueless threads made by players calling OP any skill or class that killed them recently.
    It's one of the most whiny game forums I've seen in a while.
    That behavior often contributes to dumbing down a game, it has happened in many MMOs before.
    And your silly threads encourage the behavior.

I mean, ZoS already treats us like we all have autism with all the participation trophys in PVP.
    How much more does the game need to be dumbed down for all of you to be happy with it?

So what, in your opinion, should ZOS focus its balance changes on?

• Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS need to start listening to actual gamers that waste their time on test servers testing their game and reporting buggs and clearly broken mechanics.
    Judging by their posts it seems like they maybe learned their lesson finally, after the enchantments fiasco.
    And that's the only feedback that should be considered.

All the excesive complaining on forums about OP this OP that should be ignored by ZoS and it shouldn't be encouraged by vet players, like you are claiming to be.

Forum admins should redirect any "OP this OP that" thread to 'players helping players' section, where mechanics.classes and builds can be explained to the complainers to help them improve.

Sounds reasonable?

Edited by Hochstapler on November 26, 2018 7:23AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL on healbots. Heal is not the important part. Purge is. Any Healbot knows this. Purge and Ritual require you to stand in the middle of the fray.. Not standing somewhere and heal with Mutagen. Mutagen does not much in larger scale PvP. And the "Healbot" is one of the primary targets. You get gap-closed and ulti-ed all the time.

The most OP thing is the silly of the people and the res towers. People run for 60 mins against a res tower with a organized group in it. This is BG playstyle and not objective based. Fun sometimes , but useless. They are able to hold the tower forever. Those towers are better to defend then keeps. The can leave those towers when ever they want and go back in when ever they want. Chasing them around round walls is like trying to catch the sunset. Untargetable !. The worst seems that there is no real object collision. At least people slowly learn to not chase them into the rocks. They only bind a lot of players who could do something more useful.
    Edited by mague on November 26, 2018 7:41AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing in general
    ZoS need to start listening to actual gamers that waste their time on test servers testing their game and reporting buggs and clearly broken mechanics.
    Judging by their posts it seems like they maybe learned their lesson finally, after the enchantments fiasco.
    And that's the only feedback that should be considered.

All the excesive complaining on forums about OP this OP that should be ignored by ZoS and it shouldn't be encouraged by vet players, like you are claiming to be.

Forum admins should redirect any "OP this OP that" thread to 'players helping players' section, where mechanics.classes and builds can be explained to the complainers to help them improve.

Sounds reasonable?

no it doesn't sound reasonable at all. Because naming and shaming is against the rules on the message boards, talking about balance issues publicly is about the only purpose the boards still have.

Regardless, this poll has been useful in that it's served as a great way to anticipate which direction the nerf bat will be swinging. Every class or set that has "won" this poll has been nerfed.

If you don't find value in the information here, that's fine. Go be antagonistic somewhere else. Like the snipe thread lol.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds
    I'm surprised snipe is so high. Its annoying due to people sitting in stealth in the back which I think is what happens when players feel their old class got nerfed too much and switch to stamblade for the next cheese. Think we've had a rise on that lately for some reason. Meanwhile, trying to play NB as anything but a banker lately has been annoying to me as lag likes to screw up my already broken shadow image, and miss the now proc, and ambush some how feels even worse than my templars charge since it seems to actually teleport after 2 seconds.

Anyway, I digress. I feel the issues are not class balance so much as mechanics. Front loading stun, crit, and huge damage from already having the advantage of just not being seen in stealth. I'd remove that from ranged attacks entirely if not all attacks. Make stealth and sneak more about guerilla warfare and escape rather than gank.

Healing is countered somewhat by defile but they nerfed most sources and it's a haves vs have nots there. Not to mention the best healers can purge it. They should extend the durations, make defile uncleansabel, but then half how much is done by major and minor.

Bleeds as I've said before bothers me as it allows for tanky buildo to not give up damage by them not having to worry about penetration or weapon damage. . If the intention was for it to combat heavy armor, it's been the opposite as it has become their weapon.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipe
    No option for root/snare spamming???
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe
    Permafrost against scrubs
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Steel Tornado
    I hate steel tornado cuz I can’t dodge it, and as a magicka player, I have nothing to equal it. I probs shoulda said snipe though. No one should hit like a train from halfway across Tamriel.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR