The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Murkmire furniture plan drops - Super Salty Here

joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
I have been trying to get Murkmire furniture plans ever since day one and farming pretty intensively and I've gotten three or four patterns and that's it. Some of my guild mates are getting great stuff, but rewards depending strictly on RNG isn't right or fair. Same with Alinor plans, while I haven't farmed Summerset intensely, I have farmed it some and have only gotten a couple of the green recipes. Haven't seen purple plans anywhere except a guild trader since you all shut down Traitor's Vault. The housing aspect is what's been keeping me in game lately and I am completely sick of slinking around Lilmoth every day only to get a bunch of lockpicks and two year old green recipes. There needs to be another way to earn this stuff in game because random ain't working for me. I gave up on farming Scuttlebloom because after about a couple hundred tries, I still never found one.

Signed, The Dead Sea
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily me giving away the location of traitors vault farm greatly reduced the prices of furniture and made sure to get those rare furnishings out there in the market. a bad side effect is it appears zos is more careful about putting containers too conveniently together for easy farming as it may have hurt their crown sales of overpriced furniture.
  • joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    I hated to even say anything about it, in a way. I waited a month to see if it got any better. It hasn't and I'm bitter.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont like that the drop rates seem to decrease.. farming is much more rewarding if you sometimes find something. With the rates at the moment its actually discouragaing me even going to farm. Same goes actually for all the very rare motives like from the fishing bottles. I got the achievement after hours and hours of fishing with special food.. and found some bottles.. not many.. and got one motive from them.. wow.
    PC-EU @lientier
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    I dont like that the drop rates seem to decrease.. farming is much more rewarding if you sometimes find something. With the rates at the moment its actually discouragaing me even going to farm. Same goes actually for all the very rare motives like from the fishing bottles. I got the achievement after hours and hours of fishing with special food.. and found some bottles.. not many.. and got one motive from them.. wow.

Exactly, we play games to have fun, tactics like this are very discouraging.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with everything you said.
  • joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    When I end up feeling exasperated instead of having fun, it's time to take a break I reckon. It's a shame because I really enjoy housing, but the way it's going, a subscription is a waste of money if I'm going to have to purchase additional stuff I want in order to keep playing.
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have time to farm plans, it's incredibly frustrating. I'll not be paying the ridiculous guild trader fees for Murkmire plans so I guess I'll not be buying anymore houses. What this game really needs is a weekly vendor that sells various furniture plans for sensible fees.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one thing that most of all about furnishing plans makes the fur on the back of the neck stand up yes.

The redguard, argonian, orc recipes etc. They drop everywhere - including Murkmire. Murkmire recipes drop only in Murkmire. So why then are they not the only sort of recipes that drop there???!!!

Either have them drop everywhere or if you must have them drop in one place then have only those recipes drop in that zone. Khajiit is getting recipes for sure but the chances of one of them being in the Murkmire style is so very very low when they are mixed up with everything else yes.

The fair thing to do would be perhaps when a zone is new have the recipes drop only there. Then when the next zone or dungeon comes out and the zone is no longer the newest one then have the recipes drop everywhere - like any other kind.

This one she does not understand why you would wish to kneecap the housing system in this way no? Doing this will not generate the crown furnishing sales you hope for because all it will do is end up driving people away from the system in frustration yes.

Let recipes be plentiful then travellers will spend more time in Tamriel working on their homes. More travellers spending more time in Tamriel is better for Tamriel in the long run.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The real question is, why isn't ZOS giving us Alinor, CWC, and Murkmire furnishers documents? Dwemer and Aylied aren't in the ones we currently have (despite being there duriung last PTS cycle).

Why are Morrowind plans still limited to those who've done the main quest in Vvardenfell, when Vvard is part of base game now (if you started after Summerset launched).

Why aren't we getting new furnishers documents? It took 6 months of constant complaints when Morrowind dropped to get the Morrowind Furnishers documents. Most people I talk to thought ZOS would follow the same pattern; wait 6 months then give us a way to reasonably get purples. But the in-game farms keep getting worse.

Oh btw, ZOS? Letting player buy crown with gold was a GREAT idea, but the reason people still aren't buying housing items (the ones in the purchase tab in the housing menu) is those must be gifted one at a time. It's a really awkward request for 4 latenern flowers, 1 ivy, 1 lamp, etc. If you want us to buy those, then please allow gifting in bullk!
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 26, 2018 8:50PM
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been farming Murkmire since it dropped, and at this point have found 1 blue and 3 green plans. I don't mind working for it, but the drop rates for these plans are complete nonsense, and one of the reasons that I'm spending less and less time playing ESO. Zenimax needs to realize that people want to play the game to have fun, not just to endlessly grind this or that. Case in point. I farmed the crafting area in Lilmoth for roughly 4 hours this morning, and the only thing that I have to show for it is (1) Soft Leather, Folded & (2) Spool, Empty (which can be looted ANYWHERE). That is complete and utter rubbish.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    While I get seriously tired of grinding, I will do it if I'm being rewarded, but endless garbage grinds getting nothing but trash gear and old green plans isn't fun. I think there are some good ideas on this thread, and so far I agree with what everyone has said. I hope the folks responsible for this part of the game will pay attention.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most ridiculous lengths I heard regarding the Murkmire furnishing plan grind was a guildmate running two Xbox consoles on two televisions, alternating between accounts to avoid the loss load screen time. Log out on one, the other would be loaded in, loot the stuff, pausing slightly to start the opposite account's login load screen, finish looting, then repeat the process.

He would cycle through each character on each account to avoid the cooldown (not that there's much risk of getting two Murkmire plans within the cooldown period anyway).

I'll give him credit. He and a few other diehards were among the first on Xbox to acquire all the new plans using this method. And getting even richer selling their duplicates I'm sure.

The problem is this level of extreme playstyle shouldn't be required to have even the slightest shot at getting the plans - especially ugly mud, stone and reed ones at that!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    Feric51 wrote: »
    One of the most ridiculous lengths I heard regarding the Murkmire furnishing plan grind was a guildmate running two Xbox consoles on two televisions, alternating between accounts to avoid the loss load screen time. Log out on one, the other would be loaded in, loot the stuff, pausing slightly to start the opposite account's login load screen, finish looting, then repeat the process.

He would cycle through each character on each account to avoid the cooldown (not that there's much risk of getting two Murkmire plans within the cooldown period anyway).

I'll give him credit. He and a few other diehards were among the first on Xbox to acquire all the new plans using this method. And getting even richer selling their duplicates I'm sure.

The problem is this level of extreme playstyle shouldn't be required to have even the slightest shot at getting the plans - especially ugly mud, stone and reed ones at that!

See, that falls out of the realm of "fun" for me which is why I play games. I have 8 toons which I cycled through in Murkmire and still did very poorly. Granted, I didn't do it for long because it was a fairly negative experience. Log on, Loot, Log off, Log back on, rinse repeat. Nope. Ain't gonna. It's not like I want all the plans. I don't want everybody's plus mine, I just want a reward for my investment. The whole experience has sorta turned me against the Murkmire dlc, and I'm really trying not to be like that. Congrats to your friend for an insane play level, but you're right. No one should have to take it to that point of game play.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

See, that falls out of the realm of "fun" for me which is why I play games. I have 8 toons which I cycled through in Murkmire and still did very poorly. Granted, I didn't do it for long because it was a fairly negative experience. Log on, Loot, Log off, Log back on, rinse repeat. Nope. Ain't gonna. It's not like I want all the plans. I don't want everybody's plus mine, I just want a reward for my investment. The whole experience has sorta turned me against the Murkmire dlc, and I'm really trying not to be like that. Congrats to your friend for an insane play level, but you're right. No one should have to take it to that point of game play.

I concur wholeheartedly. I found my first Murkmire plan last night by leaving all my alts logged out in the crafting hut. I cycle through them once a day but the main purpose is to keep item research up to date on them, and proc their hirelings. The looting for plans only adds an additional 45-60 seconds, so it's only a secondary reason for logging in on them.

I did the whole character shuffle on repeat during the first few weeks of Summerset before the Traitor's Vault nerf, and I'll admit I made several million selling the plans but, like you said, there was nothing "fun" about it. It was a means to accumulate the funds for me to finish out my motif knowledge, but not an enjoyable one.

Some people may get off on the repetitive grind, so I won't be too quick to condemn the situation, but I think the majority would agree with us that the current situation regarding Murkmire plan availability (and Clockwork, and Dwemer, and Ayleid) leaves a lot of room for improvement.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• joekneegee2003ub17_ESO
    Grats on finally finding something. :D

I didn't mind the grind on TV because I always found a plan I wanted to learn or could sell, one with every toon and that "woooo!" moment when I found something made it worthwhile. Granted, I didn't run every single toon every single day because I just don't have the stomach for that kind of game play. Had I known it would be the last time I'd see a purple Alinor recipe ever again in game, I might have made the effort to grind a little more.

I will eat my monitor before I pay a million gold for a furniture plan.