The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is running away the only way certain classes can survive?

khemdog
khemdog
✭✭✭
@ZOS_Wrobel

Why am i forced to play like a coward on NB/Sorc?

No one likes chasing people endlessly, give each class a valid form of defense that allows them to stay in the fight.

Khem

• khemdog
    khemdog
    ✭✭✭
    Restraining Prison
    Call Daedric shards from the earth to immobilize enemies in front of you for 4.5 seconds.
    Gain Major Vitality for 2 seconds plus 1 second per enemy in the area, up to 6
    This ability cannot be blocked.
    Gain Major Vitality, increasing healing received.

Cool idea, 2-3 seconds vitality for 35% of your mag pool = worthless on stam sorc.

Dark Cloak
    Cloak yourself in shadow to heal yourself for X% of your max HEALTH over 3.5 seconds
    and gain Minor Protection, reducing your damage taken by 8% for 3.5 seconds. (time noted with passives on)
    Heals you and grants reduced damage taken instead of invisibility

Needs to splash heal.
    Khem

• Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because people moaned about block builds so they killed them. now dodge and los and cowardly play styles dipping out of the fight are what most people do.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

Dont you read loading screen tips? Thisone appears on Cyrodiil loading screens quite often.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not running away, its retreating to favorably ground.

Why stick around to die to 30 people when you can pull 2 idiots and kill them slowly.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khemdog wrote: »
    @ZOS_Wrobel

No one likes chasing people endlessly, give each class a valid form of defense that allows them to stay in the fight.

oh dont touch it. the only thing it can do is to nerf your ability to run away.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    You can always go StamDK brawler in heavy armor and always stand your ground, like it or not, because it's the only option you got.
    NB and sorc aren't face tanking classes by design, allthough you can pull it of if you are a bit creative, but wouldn't be ideal.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 19, 2018 8:12PM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Am I supposed to have sympathy for you when my DK can't even run away?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most classes used to have more robust defense mechanisms... until they got nerfed into the ground because of forum QQ (some of them were valid complaints, tbf..).

I expect all the trees and rocks to be removed from Cyrodil in an upcoming patch when people realize LoS interferes with their unending quest to make Cyrodil more like overland questing where you can one-shot everything in sight.
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Why run away when you can fly?

Leap someone else who is closer to los. This usually never works, I either die to the zerg mid flight or snared when landing and still cant move, but when it does work it feels kind of badass to do.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao is this a buff NB thread?????
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 people complaining what you’re suggesting is removing “class indiviality” & “what makes each class special”
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO opinion,
    I would rather use cloak or invisibility as an offensive only option.
    The problem aka why I use cloak defensively is there is no other viable option; when I say viable I mean good synergy with other abilities to allow for competitive gameplay.

Maybe the non-hidden cloak is decent when stacked w/rally & forward momentum but as a magic player are you suggesting I stand in refreshing path & pretend I have Templar level defense/heals?
    Edited by kaithuzar on November 19, 2018 9:45PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Nobody like chasing people endlessly"

Dont give ZOS reasons to nerf speed even more!
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Every fight should have a winner and a loser, and if you're losing, running away is not an option. Most players think they are good at fighting, but running away is not part of a fight. I feel like PvP in Cyrodiil and BGs should have the same boundary base play that dueling does. If you leave the vicinity of the fight, it's considered a forfeit, and the player still within the bounds of the fight's vicinity receives AP credit for winning the fight.Out of all fairness if you have the insolence to pick a fight, then run away, you deserve to lose.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on November 19, 2018 9:51PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mintaka5 wrote: »
    Agreed. Every fight should have a winner and a loser, and if you're losing, running away is not an option. Most players think they are good at fighting, but running away is not part of a fight. I feel like PvP in Cyrodiil and BGs should have the same boundary base play that dueling does. If you leave the vicinity of the fight, it's considered a forfeit, and the player still within the bounds of the fight's vicinity receives AP credit for winning the fight.Out of all fairness if you have the insolence to pick a fight, then run away, you deserve to lose.

If you stop playing ESO, are you the winner or loser of any future fights that happen? ;):trollface:

If the player runs, and you the attacker didnt kill him, did you win? Maybe the battle, but if that player goes on to kill alot of your other buddies at a different location and stops your faction from getting valuable resources, then the player you deemed "a loser" just clenched his faction a win. In that regard I consider you the loser, because you didnt take your enemy seriously to pressure the fight to get that kill and save your faction the heartache of losing that keep.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »
    "Fleeing is a perfectly valid tactic if you wander into a tough situation. Find or craft better gear, use skill points, or level up a bit more, then come back to fight another day."

Dont you read loading screen tips? Thisone appears on Cyrodiil loading screens quite often.

that has been a staple of elderscrolls as far as i know, since morrowind, and may be even earlier.
    nothing wrong with running away, yet eso seems to think otherwise because they refuse to let us run away on mount or other means.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So if you are defending a keep, you can't leave until there is no more fight going on? The trolling will be epic. Imagine an AD scroll runner can't progress because a DC group started combat and are just standing there until help comes.

I don't think you thought through your post.

There are no winners and losers in individual fights in Cyrodiil. There are deaths, AP, flipped resources, and new emperors, but no winner until the campaign is done.

Edit:I see you mentioned AP, but that would be silly as people can just bow light attack other people and get AP if the other person doesn't want to waste their time engaging?
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on November 19, 2018 10:08PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you are defending a keep, you can't leave until there is no more fight going on? The trolling will be epic. Imagine an AD scroll runner can't progress because a DC group started combat and are just standing there until help comes.

I don't think you thought through your post.

There are no winners and losers in individual fights in Cyrodiil. There are deaths, AP, flipped resources, and new emperors, but no winner until the campaign is done.

Exactly! Your cyrodilic actions are but one drop of rain in a giant pond.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always go StamDK brawler in heavy armor and always stand your ground, like it or not, because it's the only option you got.
    NB and sorc aren't face tanking classes by design, allthough you can pull it of if you are a bit creative, but wouldn't be ideal.

hell yeah, i play a medium brawler nb without cloak
    at a place nobody knows
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @khemdog

NB and Sorc can both trade punches in 1v1 no problem, you don't need to run away. The reason why you're squishy is that you're building yourself to be squishy.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    ... save your faction the heartache of losing that keep.

I think that's a bit much, but to answer your question NO.

I'll just chase you down and kill you anyway.
    Edited by Mintaka5 on November 19, 2018 10:38PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    ... save your faction the heartache of losing that keep.

I think that's a bit much, but to answer your question NO.

I'll just chase you down and kill you anyway.

by yourself? good, id rather die outplayed in a good open world spec duel off to the side than by 10 people light attacking anyway lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

hell yeah, i play a medium brawler nb without cloak

That's how I preffer to play my melee NB as well.
    I do use cloak on my Magblade and Bow ganker though ( Yes I have 3 NBs), for obvious reasons, but they aren't my favorite chars.
    StamDK heavy brawler is atm.
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Wrobel

Why run away when you can fly?

Leap someone else who is closer to los. This usually never works, I either die to the zerg mid flight or snared when landing and still cant move, but when it does work it feels kind of badass to do.

Chains is better for that. I ran a whole zerg around a keep for like 5 minutes one time on a mag DK because I kept getting lucky with Chain targets. I was gonna die eventually anyway but it was fun. B)

This patch I'd just get root spammed to death tho.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWlnv0_svU
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub