The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Murkmire MagSorc build - The Offender

Biro123
Biro123
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Thought I'd have a go at posting my first build. For want of a cheesy name, I've called it 'The Offender', since it's highly offensive.

Its a build for most situations for CP open-world. I'm usually solo - but also often zerg-surfing etc.. works in many instances - just doesn't do AOE..

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=98808

What makes it work....

Structured Entropy on the back bar gives a temporary health boost - letting rapid-regen tick so the transmutation bonus stays up.
Ward on back bar uses that temporary health boost to allow for a bigger shield
Structured Entropy also empowers overload attacks.

Sustain looks low, but a combination of mag recov enchant on the destro staff, dark exchange (and its passive ticks), mag return from energy overload, and the odd tri-pot all make it work.

Kills come from high sustained pressure from overload weaves combines with the usual sorc burst - along with a lot of penetration and decent crit.

Only one shield (12k) - but combined with 22k resists and 3.6k crit resists - honestly, its fine. Good mobility from boundless/BoL helps a lot with surviving too.
Rapid Regen constantly heals under the shield, with burst heals from tri-pots and dark exch..

I'm sure there are alternatives to tweak with that I haven't yet tried, but I'm liking it so far...
Edited by Biro123 on November 18, 2018 2:54PM
Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
Aidee - Magsorc - DC
Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm... What do you mean by "tranny" ? Because that is a terribly offensive word.

(to those who might go "blablabla snowflake sjw blablabla" yes sure, but tranny is an insult and the TOS doesn't allow insults so you know, deal with it)
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    I'm... What do you mean by "tranny" ? Because that is a terribly offensive word.

(to those who might go "blablabla snowflake sjw blablabla" yes sure, but tranny is an insult and the TOS doesn't allow insults so you know, deal with it)

Tranny? Just short for transmutation, which it's all based upon. I've no idea what you read into it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure... Might want to change the name, just in case, so that other people don't read something into it especially if it's not a something you intended in the first place.
    Edited by Itacira on November 18, 2018 2:21PM
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seconding the request for a name change. Perhaps "The Transmuter"?
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if anyone can find an insult in that, it's their problem, not mine. It's certainly not directed at anybody, and as far as I'm aware, always been just a shortening of the actual word which isn't an insult..

It's all down to context.. Some people would feel offended if they were called autistic. My son IS autistic. In his case it's not an insult, simply a fact and part of who he is.
    It's simply not possible for it to be an insult if not aimed at anybody and therefore without context.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok, ok, I've changed it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT because you updated as I wrote : good, you changed it! Thank you :) have a nice day
    Edited by Itacira on November 18, 2018 2:35PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Honestly, if anyone can find an insult in that, it's their problem, not mine. It's certainly not directed at anybody, and as far as I'm aware, always been just a shortening of the actual word which isn't an insult..

It's all down to context.. Some people would feel offended if they were called autistic. My son IS autistic. In his case it's not an insult, simply a fact and part of who he is.
    It's simply not possible for it to be an insult if not aimed at anybody and therefore without context.

I appreciate the name change once you were informed. I believe you that you didnt intend to offend anyone. Nevertheless, it is often used as an insult, so I appreciate the name change!

Though if I take the current name at face value, LOL, I'm expecting an ice magic build. :)
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I thought that afterwards.. gonna change it again.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am offended. No Master's staff.
    >xP

Seriously, though, CC is a huge weak point. Everything else I can see working, maybe consider Harness in predictable 1v1 situations against magicka chars. However, I get it's with open world in mind.
    But CC has to be resolved. BoL CC is even more terrible than Streak, and that one already sucks. Since I know you don't have a Master staff, consider using the normal Destructive Reach. Just watch your resources.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    >xP

Seriously, though, CC is a huge weak point. Everything else I can see working, maybe consider Harness in predictable 1v1 situations against magicka chars. However, I get it's with open world in mind.
    But CC has to be resolved. BoL CC is even more terrible than Streak, and that one already sucks. Since I know you don't have a Master staff, consider using the normal Destructive Reach. Just watch your resources.

Yep, you're right. It is the downside. But using sustained pressure to kill, without relying on a one-off ultimate burst, you don't feel the loss so much. (There's also the atro stun).
    I prefer cs over reach since it's about all that works Vs wings.
    Also, Inner light is a flex slot (should have mentioned that too). Could switch it for cage or reach, or fury if you want.
    Edited by Biro123 on November 18, 2018 4:42PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    SJW taking over the world

I love the build btw. Breath of fresh air to see some different effective mag sorc bars for a change
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd have a go at posting my first build. For want of a cheesy name, I've called it 'The Offender', since it's highly offensive.

Its a build for most situations for CP open-world. I'm usually solo - but also often zerg-surfing etc.. works in many instances - just doesn't do AOE..

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=98808

What makes it work....

Structured Entropy on the back bar gives a temporary health boost - letting rapid-regen tick so the transmutation bonus stays up.
    Ward on back bar uses that temporary health boost to allow for a bigger shield
    Structured Entropy also empowers overload attacks.

Sustain looks low, but a combination of mag recov enchant on the destro staff, dark exchange (and its passive ticks), mag return from energy overload, and the odd tri-pot all make it work.

Kills come from high sustained pressure from overload weaves combines with the usual sorc burst - along with a lot of penetration and decent crit.

Only one shield (12k) - but combined with 22k resists and 3.6k crit resists - honestly, its fine. Good mobility from boundless/BoL helps a lot with surviving too.
    Rapid Regen constantly heals under the shield, with burst heals from tri-pots and dark exch..

I'm sure there are alternatives to tweak with that I haven't yet tried, but I'm liking it so far...

Might want to grind 5/5 of forum safespace. I heard it's op.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    >xP

Yep, you're right. It is the downside. But using sustained pressure to kill, without relying on a one-off ultimate burst, you don't feel the loss so much. (There's also the atro stun).
    I prefer cs over reach since it's about all that works Vs wings.
    Also, Inner light is a flex slot (should have mentioned that too). Could switch it for cage or reach, or fury if you want.

Reach, as Cage doesn't even combo with Meteor anymore.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • no cc
    • no burst heal
    • no additional stam sustain for dodge rolls+dark deal
    • not enough cheese

stack hp, use the tank sorc pet and moar cheesy procs like torugs infused and oblivion

Welcome to the no-skill meta
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zer0oo wrote: »
    • no cc
    • no burst heal
    • no additional stam sustain for dodge rolls+dark deal
    • not enough cheese

stack hp, use the tank sorc pet and moar cheesy procs like torugs infused and oblivion

Welcome to the no-skill meta

Hm, so your comments on a build is to use a completely different build?

I've already commented on the CC.
    Burst heal is honestly not needed. Between the hot ticking under your shield, dark exch and Tri-pots, it's fine. I originally ran it with lights champion instead of atro. It just wasn't needed, and switching to atro just gave a bit more utility.
    It's certainly better than waiting 6 seconds to see if you get a healing ward heal.. because by then, I've already healed around 8k.

Yep more stam sustain would be nice.. however it's incredibly hard to fit in nowadays. It is more tanky than pre-patch builds though, so dodging should be used sparingly, and there's a high enough stam pool to fuel a small flurry of dodge and break frees.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You forgot to morph Exchange into Conversion :p

And I'm assuming you have the Atronach purely for activating the Expert Summoner passive. If that's the case and you aren't interested in the single target damage it provides or the LoS or any of the other benefits of using a pet, you may want to consider using Sturdy Horn instead. It costs a little more but lasts longer, gives a little more health, the damage lost from not using the Atro is kind of made up with the extra magicka, it gives you the Minor Ward/Resolve, and is more useful in a group scenario.

You may also want to try putting Sharpened on the front bar with the spell damage enchant and put the restore magicka enchant on the backbar to take full advantage of that Cycle of Life passive. Without a reliable threat of constant CC you should compensate with more penetrating power on the frontbar to bring more pain, especially against tanks.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    You forgot to morph Exchange into Conversion :p

And I'm assuming you have the Atronach purely for activating the Expert Summoner passive. If that's the case and you aren't interested in the single target damage it provides or the LoS or any of the other benefits of using a pet, you may want to consider using Sturdy Horn instead. It costs a little more but lasts longer, gives a little more health, the damage lost from not using the Atro is kind of made up with the extra magicka, it gives you the Minor Ward/Resolve, and is more useful in a group scenario.

You may also want to try putting Sharpened on the front bar with the spell damage enchant and put the restore magicka enchant on the backbar to take full advantage of that Cycle of Life passive. Without a reliable threat of constant CC you should compensate with more penetrating power on the frontbar to bring more pain, especially against tanks.

I really don't get where you're coming from..
    Exchange is needed to top up the mag. Doesn't need spamming, but it is needed with that build.
    And no, the atro IS for Los, for the AOE stun and for its damage in Choke points. Why would I want it for expert summoner? Shield size is already balanced for the back-bar health, adding more won't give any benefit.
    You can spam overload to take their health down then drop atro, bursting with its stun to finish, or use it defensively..

I have considered using sharpened though but penetration is already high with spinners.. Just not sure if it will be wasted vs some builds.
    Single target, it would be better on paper with sharpened and the new set that adds 500 spell damage to a single target.. But the reality of cyrodill and Zos' wonky targeting means you're often not able to keep hitting the same target! May try it one day, but not gonna go out my way to farm/buy the stuff.

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or Transmission lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »

It wasn't used as an insult, words have contextual meaning. In this case, using the word "tranny" to describe the transmutation set is not offensive.

Tranny is good, it gives good critical resist.