The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

StamDK PvP setup question?

• Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Heavy (Fury, Bone Pirate, Bloodspawn)
    Haha Fred knows his ESO.

In the end, the most important factor that decides a PVP fight is player skill and experience, especially in ESO with the awesome active blocking and dodging mechanics that I like so much.

A good and experienced player can make any gear/class and race work and can probably kill potatos naked.
    Most important thing is to keep your composure and not panic when ambushed or attacked ( you KNOW you button smash sometimes when jumped, we all do)

Gear is just a bonus, skill choices matter a bit more, player skill level and experience is paramount.

I'm done with this thread, tyvm and have a good night, GG

Hey, listen here. I don't sometimes smash all my buttons. I ALWAYS *** do it. lol

I also have to block more. I rely way too much on my troll king.
    XBox One - NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »
    As for the gameplay, I also lean towards a high pressure build with a lot of dots. Breath for fracture, making up for my lack of pen, claw, quick cloak and twin slashes. Disease enchant on main hand for a chance at major defile. Dbos at low health for execute. The only thing I cant decide on is my spammable. I can’t land dizzy consistently, so for now I rely on flying blade, altough not optimal. Hardest opponent is templar that can just purge all this with the press of a button.
    I ran my DK DW / 2H for the longest time. Then I looked at combat logs from DKs who easily defeated me. They ran 1H+S. I switched. It is far superior. The stats on Ransack / Pierce Armor look terrible. No matter. You get the penetration. You incorporate bash into your weave. You CC and defile all the time with Reverb Bash. You synergise with DK blocking passive. It works better. Trust me. There are two ways of running that. Ransack + Venomous Claw or Heroic Slash + Noxious Breath. Take your pick. DboS is neck and neck with Take Flight. Either works well. Reverse Slash to finish.

Shrouded Daggers is a super nice skill to use in vMA, but poor against players. Just doesn't do enough damage. Flurry is decent-ish, but probably only a good choice on stamsorc, where it helps to activate Implosion, or if you are running an Infused Torug's build. Rending Slashes / Blood Craze, Quick Cloak and Steel Tornado are all good, I just don't think that playstyle suits DK.
    I saw someone suggest venom claw as a spammable, given how cheap it is now, but the damage seems lackluster, and you miiss the dmg increase with duration, so I’m not sold.
    Yeah, that's just a flat out no. It's a DOT. A long time back I duelled people who ran procs, such as Overwhelming Surge, and spammed the magicka morph of that skill to heal. That was once quite strong, but basically ... just ... no.

Nice... Now I have to craft a *** shield :p What enchant do you run on your snb weapon? Stam absorb? And WD on 2H? Also, I'm not sure if I'll be able to reliably land la+skill+bash every second with a controller. Guess I'll have to git gud. For now Torugs is still broken on console, so I'll keep my DW, but when it's fixed I'll definitely try out snb more seriously.
    I like stam absorb, which I recently switched to on other builds. I was running an Infused Oblivion enchant on the DK 1H+S.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    DK is a class made for taking damage and healing through it while you wear down the enemy with DoTs. It's about outlasting. Build your character around these things and you will be a successful DK. Right now my stamDK is my most enjoyable class to play because it's a *** boss.

Personally I run 2h/SnB and use bloodspawn for def and ult gain (ult is part of sustain), 7th for some damage and healing buffs, and finally a defensive set like impreg, shackle (sort of hybrid def/dmg), or maybe crest.
    Edited by moosegod on November 15, 2018 11:45AM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, enchant fiasco still runing wild on consoles?
    Lol
    It was so broken I felt bad for people and switched to 2h/S&B even though I got melted by torug builds often as well.
    My defensive solution for it was to go full *** on healing so I tried earthgore + ignous/green dragon/vigor/rally and tri stat potions and it still wasn't enough lol.
    I also have Argonian DK with all the potion reduction perks that might have pulled it off but It's my PVE tank and I never play it in PVP.
    It will most definitely perform better then my Orc DK but for the most part I play on EU non-CP Cyrodiil and reds are massive zergling there and I refuse to play like that.

Anyway, about interesting sets you can try:

Blessed Meridia is super fun in duels or any 1vs1 situations.
    It's Coldharbour overland set , easy to farm and cheap to buy.

Doylemish from Scalecaller Peak is interesting to compliment CC+heavy attack S&B style but it took me much longer to get the full set in the right traits and SP isn't the easiest dungeon to clear with pugs.

From dot sets there's Viper and Sheer Venom but Sloads is the best performer in PVP.
    Bahraha's Curse is my go to VMA set on my Magblade and it's a decent dot+heal proc set that might work well on a tank but the overland set is light only and I don't have the melee weapon set to try it on my DKs.

The usuall suspects like Impreg, Schakle, Draugr Hulk are all good.
    Hulk is pita to get because it's medium so you need the weapons and jewelery which only drop from the final boss or chests and you can't get to him solo because of locked door mechanics in the dungeon, so you need to pug it many times, not sure if worth the trouble tbh.

There are many more, best is to pull a list of heavy and crafted sets from Wiki and see what's available and what might work best for your preffered playing style.
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bahraha's Curse is my go to VMA set on my Magblade and it's a decent dot+heal proc set that might work well on a tank but the overland set is light only and I don't have the melee weapon set to try it on my DKs.
    Bahraha is actually available to buy in guild stores in any weight, though I don't think in all traits (without transmutation). Great set, possibly very underrated, but not for PvP. For some reason the AOE damage "from trap" reduction doesn't work againt IC bosses, whereas it works against many dungeon AOEs. I doubt it works against siege.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hochstapler Well the bug where both enchants were going at the same time is fixed, but enchants still proc on dot ticks. So yeah. I wanted to make a strong build to learn pvp, but I kinda feel like I'm cheating tbh.

When you run impreg, do you run impen trait on all your gear, or do you switch to infused for the big pieces? What trait / enchant on your shield?

@fred4 I tried to think about my skill loadout with snb / 2h and I'm not sure about a couple of things... That's what I was thinking so far :
    Reverb bash ; Heroic slash; Ransack; Frag shield; Vigor; Spell Wall
    Stampede; Executioner; Venow claw; Volatile armor; Forward Momentum; DBoS

1- I really love my fossilize. I know reverb bash is super strong because of the defile, but is it as easy to land as fossilize? I think people can block it right? Overall, is it still worth it?
    2- Is heroic slash worth it? DK already has good snare and ulti gen seems pretty minor. Is minor maim really good enough to justify a skill slot?
    3- With the DW build I was thinking about, I had 3 DoTs. Breath (low damage, I slotted it for fracture, but still damage), twin slashes and venom claw. With this build, I only have 1 dot, since breath isn't worth it anymore with fracture on ransack. How can you still apply good pressure with only 1 DoT? Genuine question, I'm really curious to know, I don't mean to question snb build.

@Valykc Lol, sorry mate for leeching your thread. I hope you enjoy this discussion too!
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 15, 2018 4:23PM
    XBox One - NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you run impreg, do you run impen trait on all your gear, or do you switch to infused for the big pieces?
    Never ever run Infused on gear! The reason you would do that is to wring the last bit of damage out of your PvE build or, pre-Murkmire, to stack magicka on a light armor shielding build. The good traits for PvP are:

Impenetrable: Nothing wrong with stacking that sky-high. At 3300 you mitigate the 1.5 base crit modifier, but nasty NBs and templars can have way more. There is no hard cap. Anything up to around 5K Impen is still valuable. It takes the burst out of players. You become harder to execute, even when you are close to death.

Well-Fitted: If you roll dodge and sprint a lot, use this. People who don't use Impreg and use this trait typically build up to half Well-Fitted, half Impenetrable. With Impreg you have the flexibility to use more.

Sturdy: Since you are a blocking DK, this may be for you. Same rule of thumb as Well-Fitted in regard to quantity.
    What trait / enchant on your shield?
    I mostly go Sturdy as a matter of principle. It's a shield, right? Impen or Well-Fitted also works. IMO the enchant comes down to balancing your bars. Do you have more health on your other bar due to NB shadow skills or Structured Entropy? Use a health enchant. Otherwise, use a primary resource enchant for more damage and heals, e.g. stamina.
    @fred4 I tried to think about my skill loadout with snb / 2h and I'm not sure about a couple of things... That's what I was thinking so far :
    My skill layout has been (not saying it's better, just for reference):

Pierce Armor (since also a PvE dungeon tank with gear change, and for Flames of Oblivion)
    Vigor
    Reverb Bash
    Venomous Claw
    Flames of Oblivion
    Spell Wall or Corrosive Armor (Corrosive is kind of crap in a 1vX, but it gives back more resources. It also catches out tanky players who don't know what it does.)

Reverse Slice (since I play IC a lot, it's good to have some AOE)
    Forward Momentum
    Shuffle
    Hardened Armor (I like not shooting out spikes when I buff, while crouched)
    Dragon Fire Scales (Difficult for ranged magicka and bow gankers to deal with and just too much fun. Also reflects the fireballs of the IC Arena Daedroth boss to do huge damage to him, as he subsequently stands in his own AOE.)
    Take Flight

I agree a gap closer may be necessary again after the Swift and speed potions nerfs.
    1- I really love my fossilize.
    I do too.
    I know reverb bash is super strong because of the defile, but is it as easy to land as fossilize?
    No.
    I think people can block it right?
    Yes.
    Overall, is it still worth it?
    YES.
    2- Is heroic slash worth it? DK already has good snare and ulti gen seems pretty minor. Is minor maim really good enough to justify a skill slot?
    That kind of depends on the fight and your playstyle. Ulti gen is not minor for 1vXers who typically live from ulti to ulti. Minor Maim is also very strong. People run Riposte for that debuff, but Riposte is effectively AOE and free, whereas Heroic Slash debuffs one target at a time and is rather costly as a spammable. I tend to not run it, because having two spammables (Ransack + Heroic Slash) tends to waste bar space. Ransack is the better aggressive skill and feels much better for sustain. That said, you can absolutely run both and I'm sure I've seen people do that in my combat log.
    3- With the DW build I was thinking about, I had 3 DoTs. Breath (low damage, I slotted it for fracture, but still damage), twin slashes and venom claw. With this build, I only have 1 dot, since breath isn't worth it anymore with fracture on ransack. How can you still apply good pressure with only 1 DoT? Genuine question, I'm really curious to know, I don't mean to question snb build.
    That's one of the mysteries of ESO. I genuinely don't know why this works as well as it does. Noxious Breath is wonky and hard to apply. Ransack is possibly the easier to apply debuff and, like Suprise Attack, it's an all in one attack and debuff skill, which tends to be strong. Defile is just really strong. An Oblivion enchant hits beneath shields, but could be used with DW as well.

I use Flames of Oblivion. Don't underestimate that skill for three reasons. One: The crit. Two: Because it is pre-buffed, before combat, it has no opportunity cost. Three: It can't be purged.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    I think you hit the 'soft cap' or close to it on crit resists with Impreg + 3x Impen if you have them on gold pieces.
    Rest of it is sturdy I think.
    Not sure on shield I'd have to check in game but I think its infused with HP enchant?

As for your bar build, looks good but I would drop Spell Wall for Corrosive armor.
    It's partially bugged in PVP when it comes to the damage mitigation but even without it it's a beastly ultimate and my favorite by far.
    I try to keep it up for oh *** moments or as a crutch against good players when I'm down on resources.
    Also. It can turn the tide in your favor when you get jumped by multiple evil-doers lol.
    It gives you the initial resource boost and pretty much doubles your dps for 10+sec.
    If it ever gets fixed it would be the most imba ultimate in game.
    It's expensive (250) so its best paired with bloodspawn, if you can get away without troll king.

I'm with you on fossilize because you can defile with enchants.

Edit:
    I have gap closer on all my stamina builds and classes.
    I feel weak without it.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 15, 2018 5:49PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you run impreg, do you run impen trait on all your gear, or do you switch to infused for the big pieces?
    Never ever run Infused on gear! The reason you would do that is to wring the last bit of damage out of your PvE build or, pre-Murkmire, to stack magicka on a light armor shielding build. The good traits for PvP are:

Impenetrable: Nothing wrong with stacking that sky-high. At 3300 you mitigate the 1.5 base crit modifier, but nasty NBs and templars can have way more. There is no hard cap. Anything up to around 5K Impen is still valuable. It takes the burst out of players. You become harder to execute, even when you are close to death.

Well-Fitted: If you roll dodge and sprint a lot, use this. People who don't use Impreg and use this trait typically build up to half Well-Fitted, half Impenetrable. With Impreg you have the flexibility to use more.

Sturdy: Since you are a blocking DK, this may be for you. Same rule of thumb as Well-Fitted in regard to quantity.
    What trait / enchant on your shield?
    I mostly go Sturdy as a matter of principle. It's a shield, right? Impen or Well-Fitted also works. IMO the enchant comes down to balancing your bars. Do you have more health on your other bar due to NB shadow skills or Structured Entropy? Use a health enchant. Otherwise, use a primary resource enchant for more damage and heals, e.g. stamina.
    My skill layout has been (not saying it's better, just for reference):

Pierce Armor (since also a PvE dungeon tank with gear change, and for Flames of Oblivion)
    Vigor
    Reverb Bash
    Venomous Claw
    Flames of Oblivion
    Spell Wall or Corrosive Armor (Corrosive is kind of crap in a 1vX, but it gives back more resources. It also catches out tanky players who don't know what it does.)

Reverse Slice (since I play IC a lot, it's good to have some AOE)
    Forward Momentum
    Shuffle
    Hardened Armor (I like not shooting out spikes when I buff, while crouched)
    Dragon Fire Scales (Difficult for ranged magicka and bow gankers to deal with and just too much fun. Also reflects the fireballs of the IC Arena Daedroth boss to do huge damage to him, as he subsequently stands in his own AOE.)
    Take Flight

I agree a gap closer may be necessary again after the Swift and speed potions nerfs.
    1- I really love my fossilize.
    I do too.
    I know reverb bash is super strong because of the defile, but is it as easy to land as fossilize?
    No.
    I think people can block it right?
    Yes.
    Overall, is it still worth it?
    YES.
    That kind of depends on the fight and your playstyle. Ulti gen is not minor for 1vXers who typically live from ulti to ulti. Minor Maim is also very strong. People run Riposte for that debuff, but Riposte is effectively AOE and free, whereas Heroic Slash debuffs one target at a time and is rather costly as a spammable. I tend to not run it, because having two spammables (Ransack + Heroic Slash) tends to waste bar space. Ransack is the better aggressive skill and feels much better for sustain. That said, you can absolutely run both and I'm sure I've seen people do that in my combat log.
    That's one of the mysteries of ESO. I genuinely don't know why this works as well as it does. Noxious Breath is wonky and hard to apply. Ransack is possibly the easier to apply debuff and, like Suprise Attack, it's an all in one attack and debuff skill, which tends to be strong. Defile is just really strong. An Oblivion enchant hits beneath shields, but could be used with DW as well.

I use Flames of Oblivion. Don't underestimate that skill for three reasons. One: The crit. Two: Because it is pre-buffed, before combat, it has no opportunity cost. Three: It can't be purged.

I loled at that YES :p
    I completly forgot about FoO. I will definitely swap out heroic slash for this. I also just saw another post in another thread suggesting rearming trap, but I would never have dared use this in pvp, where people move so much. Any of you ever tried it?

I played around with wings a little but it just felt so situational and expensive to keep up. But I guess that with fossilize gone, I would have more magicka for this.

Biggest surprise, by far, is you not using fragmented shield. I really thought this was a staple no-brainer in any dk build, due to major mending. Also the 1k stam restore on use is pretty handy.

I also didn't catch yet that you were running medium armor. How is your survivability?

@Hochstapler Why do you say corrosive armor is buggy? Is it become the limit is more than 3% or because sometimes this limit just doesn't work at all?
    @fred4 I guess this bug is the reason you say Corrosive is crap in 1vx?
    XBox One - NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you hit the 'soft cap' or close to it on crit resists with Impreg + 3x Impen if you have them on gold pieces.
    Don't forget Impreg was nerfed from 2.5K to 2K.

Kristofer ESO has demonstrated a crit build with an up to 2.17 modifier in CP. You would need 7K+ impen to fully mitigate that. Of course, at the other end of the spectrum, you have high weapon damage low crit / bleed / Oblivion damage builds, but I keep thinking there is nothing magical about shooting for that 3.3K (or is it 3.4K?) 'soft cap' number. Decent amount, though, especially in no CP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    680 impen =-.1

3400 = -.5

/Lurk
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Impreg was nerfed from 2.5K to 2K.

Kristofer ESO has demonstrated a crit build with an up to 2.17 modifier in CP. You would need 7K+ impen to fully mitigate that. Of course, at the other end of the spectrum, you have high weapon damage low crit / bleed / Oblivion damage builds, but I keep thinking there is nothing magical about shooting for that 3.3K (or is it 3.4K?) 'soft cap' number. Decent amount, though, especially in no CP.

Yeah it's good enough for BGs and NoCP.
    I avoid CP Cyro because on PC/EU is super laggy, barely playable and with the high TTK, boring really.
    I must say I've missed the Impreg nerf, gonna switch one sturdy with impen I guess.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Why choose between 7th and Fury when you can use both :)

Mostly because its unsustainable in no-cp and leaves you very weak when ignored.

Sustain is ez in cp thou.

Still , its very easy to understand why fury+sevent isnt popular in a low ttk meta where even the tanks cant last very long and mobility is gutted.

Much smarter to run something like cowards/crest/bone pirate etc , and seventh is a lot better than fury unless you have a healer or enemy has really low pressure.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 15, 2018 6:26PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also just saw another post in another thread suggesting rearming trap, but I would never have dared use this in pvp, where people move so much. Any of you ever tried it?
    Tried? Yes. Is it good in PvP? Yes. Don't forget it's a root, not a hard CC. There is no cooldown. I kind of regard it as an advanced PvP skill. Not that easy to use, as you have to be positionally aware and lure people into it, but can be very effective and a pain to fight against. Good both offensively and defensively.
    I played around with wings a little but it just felt so situational and expensive to keep up.
    True. You need to invest into some mag sustain, e.g. Shacklebreaker and 1x mag regen glyph, or Atro mundus. It just goes well with the medium armor "I sprint when in trouble" philosophy.
    Biggest surprise, by far, is you not using fragmented shield. I really thought this was a staple no-brainer in any dk build, due to major mending. Also the 1k stam restore on use is pretty handy.
    I used Fossilize for the longest time along with wings. No mag sustain for more, and I've personally never been sold on the effectiveness of Igneous / Fragmented shield in PvP. If I used Rally, I might feel differently, but I typically use Forward Momentum and Troll King. Vigor is a proactive heal. Are you really going to spend 2 out of every 5 seconds casting both Fragmented and Vigor? In truth, I never gave Fragmented / Igneous a long term chance outside of PvE tanking. I'm not the best person for advice on this, but yeah, I don't use it.
    I also didn't catch yet that you were running medium armor. How is your survivability?
    Great. Fortified Brass + Troll King + Nord, but my friend runs this build on a Redguard and sometimes switches to Selene. 1H+S DK is just tanky anyway. Sometimes I run Shackle + Spriggan, medium.

One thing to bear in mind, I suppose, is that I don't play this build much anymore, but my friend does and says it's still good. It IS and has always been a speed build that incorporates dodge roll, sprint and flapping wings for defense, as my playstyle evolved from DW / 2H. At the same time I often run into sorc mines with it, to get them out of the way, as they don't do that much damage. My jewelry is still 3x Swift and I switched to the Steed mundus, this patch, which fits in well with Nord. I don't like heavy. Never have, never will. With the arrival of Protective jewelry there are even more options to balance out the build, without going heavy.
    @fred4 I guess this bug is the reason you say Corrosive is crap in 1vx?
    I am actually not aware of what the bugs with it are. The problem in a 1vX is the amount of individual attacks you get hit with. DOT heavy builds that rely on stacking lots of small attacks hit right through Corrosive Armor. Flurry and Jabs also fall into that category, e.g. stamsorcs and templars. It is good, however, against magsorcs and nightblades.
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭

Mostly because its unsustainable in no-cp and leaves you very weak when ignored.

Still , its very easy to understand why fury+sevent isnt popular in a low ttk meta where even the tanks cant last very long and mobility is gutted.

Much smarter to run something like cowards/crest/bone pirate etc , and seventh is a lot better than fury unless you have a healer or enemy has really low pressure.

Yeah I don't like Fury at all.
    You need to be super tanky and healy with your build (or have a pocket healer) to benefit fully from it.
    You need to eat 25 crits to max the proc which is what, 50 hits on average?
    That's a lot of punishment.

7th legion, idk.
    It's much better then fury and decent set but I gave up on it long ago.
    This thread might convince me to give it another shot.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 15, 2018 6:42PM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    @Hochstapler Why do you say corrosive armor is buggy? Is it become the limit is more than 3% or because sometimes this limit just doesn't work at all?

In PVE works exactly like the tooltip says and the mitigation lasts for 10+ seconds.
    In PVP it mitigates for few seconds then stops and i take full damage for some reason.
    I don't really know what's up with it but I still like it and use it.

I also dont use fragmented because I'm trying to save my magicka for flaping those wings in BGs.
    I score a lot of kills with it from noob snipers that don't pay atention or don't know any better and it's my favorite protection from ranged damage.
    Can't perma run it though and I have to give up some nice defensive skills but I still run fossilize and prebuff with volatile armor before fights.
    So it comes at a high cost but in my case is more then worthed.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You might ask why I run 1H+S when I clearly don't block that much. Reason 1 is, paradoxically, the damage, as Ransack / Bash / Reverb Bash just works in PvP. Reason 2 is that it counters that bane of medium armor builds, Soul Assault. There are just some situations where blocking is the best response. Waiting for that NB to re-emerge from cloak is another.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also dont use fragmented because I'm trying to save my magicka for flaping those wings in BGs.
    Hah! You're my man. I like it!
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    You might ask why I run 1H+S when I clearly don't block that much. Reason 1 is, paradoxically, the damage, as Ransack / Bash / Reverb Bash just works in PvP. Reason 2 is that it counters that bane of medium armor builds, Soul Assault. There are just some situations where blocking is the best response. Waiting for that NB to re-emerge from cloak is another.

Your build is most definately super weird and I don't understand it completely but I can add another good reason for using S&B:
    In small scale against good players it's enough to just show your shield and take a block stance for a second for them to ignore you, without knowing you are packing a punch and you get a free card to do your thing and rip them a new one.

Same with Wings against squishy sniper elves in Cyrodiil.
    Flap them once and most will leave you alone and switch to other targets for the rest of the fight , saving you magicka in the process lol.
    i got this thing down to a T bro.
    I really enjoy StamDK and if I would change anything to the class, I would add more stamina morphs to the class abilities.
    And fix Corrosive.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hah! You're my man. I like it!

Well, 2/2 in favor of dropping shield. I guess I also have to learn to hit vigor proactively, like you said.
    XBox One - NA
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=87973

It's a deceptive build in many ways. The headline stats look like crap, but it's got decent crit and decent pen. Note it's a 7 medium build, which means it has better sustain than what it looks like, however switching to the Steed mundus cost me stamina regen, this patch. If I played it more, I would probably fine tune that. I sometimes use Lava Foot Soup.
    Edited by fred4 on November 15, 2018 8:18PM
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    It's cool.
    I don't like medium on my DK because I would end up in a similar gameplay as my stamblade, something I like to avoid and I feel like stmblades have the edge in medium against all other classes.
    They get a free Major Resolve and Ward just by using their spamable which also hits like a truck and debuffs you lol, I mean really...
    Then cloak, fear, shade, cheapest and super awesome ultimate, all nice tools.
    On the other hand, DKs have wings, fossilize, Corrosive, Take flight.
    Maybe it's a wash idk.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 15, 2018 11:03PM
  • Adeshal
    Adeshal
    ✭✭
    For nonCP campaign I reccomend you DW/2H with Viper/Master DW and proper Heavy Armor. I know that DK is dedicated class for receiving damage, but he has pretty strong pressure, when you build him as full DoT class. Problem's that most of DKs have no idea how to play without shield (as a weapon). :)
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had CP in mind when suggesting that set-combo. For no-CP I don´t find Fury to be that useful. 7th Legion is still useful for no-CP in my opinion.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 16, 2018 7:04AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I had CP in mind when suggesting that set-combo. For no-CP I don´t find Fury to be that useful. 7th Legion is still useful for no-CP in my opinion.

It is , sevent and veiled are perfect sets for non cp however meta is changing in favour of more utility and mobility over weapon damage and fights end so fast in no cp that something like sloads can outperform sevent heavily because it does free damage or something like shackle could solve your potential sustain issues , or cowards gear can give you much needed mobility. You get the idea. Seventh is still strong but using it is a sacrifice of other stuff cause stamDk lacks built in mobility/utility.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 18, 2018 3:03PM
  • Adeshal
    Adeshal
    ✭✭

It is , sevent and veiled are perfect sets for non cp however meta is changing in favour of more utility and mobility over weapon damage and fights end so fast in no cp that something like sloads can outperform sevent heavily because it does free damage or something like shackle could solve your potential sustain issues , or cowards gear can give you much needed mobility. You get the idea. Seventh is still strong but using it is a sacrifice of other stuff cause stamDk lacks built in mobility/utility.

Seventh Legion is great if you'll use it with Golden Summerset Food (HP/STAM/STAM REC/HP REC).