The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds Werewolf Game-play

Typical_T_ReX
Typical_T_ReX
✭✭✭
Highlighted a segment from my earlier stream. Werewolf is awesome and more people should give it a proper try. Happy to answer any WW related questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YB4KoUhmA&t=2s
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently at work, will watch later. Never played a WW, but I'm thinking of making one for my stamSorc, since he's pretty weak in pvp now.

The main thing I don't understand yet : what affects the transformation duration? I see there is passives that affect it, but I also saw comments saying not to transform as soon as you have enough ultimate. Does total ulti and ulti gen affects transformation duration? A little bit like overload?
    XBox One - NA
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Currently at work, will watch later. Never played a WW, but I'm thinking of making one for my stamSorc, since he's pretty weak in pvp now.

The main thing I don't understand yet : what affects the transformation duration? I see there is passives that affect it, but I also saw comments saying not to transform as soon as you have enough ultimate. Does total ulti and ulti gen affects transformation duration? A little bit like overload?

It does not function similar to overload. You may have heard not to transform as soon as you get it because the transformation itself acts as a free fear to those around you when you do transform. So if you transform in the middle of no where you gain nothing from the fear. If you are being attacked and transform it CC's them and gives you a chance to turn the tide.

The only things that will keep you in WW longer are having more WW's or doing damage.
    Edited by Typical_T_ReX on November 12, 2018 7:06PM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    and what is your gear?
    mundus?
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    and what is your gear?
    mundus?

Green pact, clever alchemist, and pirate skeleton. The Warrior.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What console is this on? I see X Y and B which makes me think Xbox but I haven’t seen a combat log option on consoles. I play on PS4 so I may be mistaken.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    What console is this on? I see X Y and B which makes me think Xbox but I haven’t seen a combat log option on consoles. I play on PS4 so I may be mistaken.

Pc, with controller interface.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

Oh ok, hopefully one day consoles can get a combat log, that looks helpful.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭

Sorry didn't mean to get your hopes up, I am on PC haha.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I thought WW main weakness was a lack of self heal. How can you keep youhealth up so well?
    XBox One - NA
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Very interesting. I thought WW main weakness was a lack of self heal. How can you keep youhealth up so well?

Stack high base health for good healing. Hence the use of green pact.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played

- How you sustain your magicka to heal? Heavy armor only? Or absorb mag enchant too?
    - What’s the enchants btw?
    - is it worth replacing clever alchemist with torugs for BGs?
    - what’s your burst combo? Fear -> howl -> light attacks? How frequently you use howl in order to sustain?
    - Is replacing pirate screlleton with troll king worth it?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Well played

- How you sustain your magicka to heal? Heavy armor only? Or absorb mag enchant too?
    - what’s your burst combo? Fear -> howl -> light attacks? How frequently you use howl in order to sustain?

While I won´t speak for T-rex I think I can answer some of the questions.

Magicka Sustain:
    He´s an Argonian + using Infused Jewellery with reduce potion cooldown enchant. Combine the two and you´re in for some really nice sustain overall. This combination lets you run tri-stat food which will increase your magicka pool quite a bit, and pairing it with Clever Alchemist you don´t lose out on damage that much. An absorb magicka enchant is definitely useful if you find yourself running out of magicka too often.

Combo:
    The more you can spam your light- and heavy attacks the better. Since Wolfhunter you generally want to invest more resources into your max HP and max mag pool, which automatically leads you to having a lower stamina pool. You need that stamina to dodgeroll, break free, block etc. A general rule of thumb in my opinion is that: The tankier target, the more light attack spam. Squishier targets (aka medium armor nightblade users) can usually be killed with a Fear + Howl combo, while a more durable target won´t.

Pirate Skeleton vs Trollking
    Speaking from a pure werewolf perspective I wouldn´t go with Pirate Skeleton unless you´re an Argonian. Trollking is definitely a good replacement for Pirate Skeleton. Just remember that you need to use some kind of HP-regen potions to proc it in werewolf form. Another good option for Pirate Skeleton and Trollking is to go with 1 Pirate Skeleton + 1 Mighty Chudan. This will give you a very high base resistance and make you very tanky.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Well played

Wearing heavy is key for the sustain and just the general play-style of Werewolf not spamming skills. Like Q mentioned being argonian is possibly the most broken thing you can do on most builds these days. Has nothing to do with Werewolf, nothing to do with stam sorc, and everything to do with the absurd potion passive. Definitely huge and running the infused potion cool-down is well... The way Zenimax wants me to play I guess.

I also have extensive time on an Orc Werewolf and can say even without argonian or the potion cooldown Werewolf is still very viable.

I'm using a stamina return glyph and weapon dmg.

You could run torugs just as well I'm sure. Not my preference personally and I don't know where it stands post-enchantment nerfs.

The combo is simple howl is buffed by fear so I try to howl after every fear. I think of it as an execute where I try to dot the player up with claws, light attack bleeds, light attack damage, then fear while all that is ticking, and howl as my closer. If you watch the video it is really situational and you try to just do whatever is best for the situation.

Replacing pirate skeleton is an option, but not one I would recommend. I've used about every common Werewolf set-up for monster-sets and pirate skeleton is by far my favorite. Troll king requires using specific potions to become useful since the heal cannot be spammed.
    Edited by Typical_T_ReX on November 13, 2018 7:11AM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well played

Wearing heavy is key for the sustain and just the general play-style of Werewolf not spamming skills. Like Q mentioned being argonian is possibly the most broken thing you can do on most builds these days. Has nothing to do with Werewolf, nothing to do with stam sorc, and everything to do with the absurd potion passive. Definitely huge and running the infused potion cool-down is well... The way Zenimax wants me to play I guess.

I also have extensive time on an Orc Werewolf and can say even without argonian or the potion cooldown Werewolf is still very viable.

I'm using a stamina return glyph and weapon dmg.

You could run torugs just as well I'm sure. Not my preference personally and I don't know where it stands post-enchantment nerfs.

The combo is simple howl is buffed by fear so I try to howl after every fear. I think of it as an execute where I try to dot the player up with claws, light attack bleeds, light attack damage, then fear while all that is ticking, and howl as my closer. If you watch the video it is really situational and you try to just do whatever is best for the situation.

Replacing pirate skeleton is an option, but not one I would recommend. I've used about every common Werewolf set-up for monster-sets and pirate skeleton is by far my favorite. Troll king requires using specific potions to become useful since the heal cannot be spammed.

Hi,
    I just watched you build video, and I'm wondering why do you run claws of anguish instead of claws of life? According to wiki, claws of life already do disease damage, which has a chance to apply major defile (unless it changed to minor?) and claws of life could give a nice HoT, while proccing Troll King. So you don't need to run those lingering health potions with Troll King anymore.

Is it because the chance to proc defile from diseased is not good enough?

Alternatively, you could replace Automaton with 7th Legion and gain a nice heal on beign hit, also proccing troll king.
    What do you think about it?

Anyway, very nice guide, I plan on making my stamsorc into a WW pretty soon, and I try to think about my build. It's an old pve char, before Morrowind, so it's a Khajit. Do you think it would still work?

Edit : BTW, what potions do you use?
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 13, 2018 5:52PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    As you pointed out I can't rely on chance. The way I choose to play WW revolves around creating pressure and quickly dealing with targets. I've ran both versions of claws and prefer the defile. Major protection is one of the strongest buffs in the game and I would not replace it with even troll king. Troll king can be hit by major defile, where-as protection cannot.

I've run 7th and sure it works ok, but 7th requires being hit to activate. I enjoy having my power on command when I need it. The heal is hardly noticeable since the nerf. It's not a bad set at all don't get me wrong. If you have 7th and want to use it you'll be fine.

Khajit while not as powerful near broken levels such as argonian do have good passives for dealing damage. Something Werewolf usually lacks is crit-rating so the extra crit translates nicely to more damage. It may not be my first few racial choices though. I know @Aznox is a very talented WW player from EU whose character is a khajit.

I use so many potions it's hard to keep up with them all. Depending on the situation there's lingering health, tri-pots, weapon damage pots, immov/ weapon crit pots, immov / speed pots, there's so many good ones it can be hard to choose.

• HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    enchants and traits? how much life do you have?
    which potions do you use?
    the bigger heal morph or weapon damage morph on the howl?
    which weapons and skills

everything ;-)

thx!
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    HansProlo wrote: »
    enchants and traits? how much life do you have?
    which potions do you use?
    the bigger heal morph or weapon damage morph on the howl?
    which weapons and skills

everything ;-)

thx!

Most of that is in posts above if you want to get more into the nitty gritt this similar build answers all your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q1-GFhjLvs&t=4s

I use stam return/wpn dmg glyphs. Potions are a complete laundry list of different ones, the usual suspects mostly the list is in a previous post.

I like the heal morph.

DW, doesn't matter what kind just need the two weapons for your enchants.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting. Usually PC combat is more fast paced due to the superior animation cancelling and some mouse macros, especially in bgs combined with proc sets. Those were potatoes then.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

Very interesting. Usually PC combat is more fast paced due to the superior animation cancelling and some mouse macros, especially in bgs combined with proc sets. Those were potatoes then.

I agree with Soris, nothing to see here. Move a long. ;)
    Edited by Chrlynsch on November 13, 2018 8:38PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »

I agree with Soris, nothing to see hear. Move a long. ;)

Agree, after watching several console players comments about werewolfs it´s obvious they´ve the better grip of them.......
    especially a few on PS4 NA (kappa)...

@Chrlynsch
    Edited by Qbiken on November 13, 2018 7:49PM
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ww is lots of fun in BGS expecially with 3 other wws
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOGzSoV_pI
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Ww is lots of fun in BGS expecially with 3 other wws
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IOGzSoV_pI

I try not to run with so many wolves because it can take the fun of the match quickly unless there's a proper team to handle it on the other side lol. Yes, it can be fun very fun.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does WW handles in Cyro? Cp and no cp?
    XBox One - NA
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    How does WW handles in Cyro? Cp and no cp?

I don't play CP so I couldn't say. Open world you have be mindful of your situation. One of the greatest weaknesses of the wolf is no snare removal. Meaning if you get snared in front of the common-place 50 man zerg you are dead. As far as 1v1 and other situations it works about the same.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just thought about something. What do you think about Torugs for WW? You could pair it with green blood or plague doctor to keep your high health and given that most of our damage comes for light attacks, Torugs could have a pretty high uptime, giving more consistent damage that clever alchemist.

Ever tried it?
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 18, 2018 7:16PM
    XBox One - NA
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought about something. What do you think about Torugs for WW? You could pair it with green blood or plague doctor to keep your high health and given that most of our damage comes for light attacks, Torugs could have a pretty high uptime, giving more consistent damage that clever alchemist.

Ever tried it?
    Torug's Pact on WW is very much broken. I hope everyone that uses it wears out their left mouse button really quickly, and the more expensive the mouse is to replace, the better.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Ever tried it?
    Torug's Pact on WW is very much broken. I hope everyone that uses it wears out their left mouse button really quickly, and the more expensive the mouse is to replace, the better.

My left mouse-button works perfectly fine tyvm :trollface:
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great stuff everyone...

been a while since I've focused on using my werewolves...never too late though to teach an old dog a new trick...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭

Ever tried it?

It works because of a broken mechanic that will more than likely be patched. Now the question is are you willing to invest in something knowing it's broken and knowing it is on the chopping block. If you want to play something as exploitative as possible torugs is probably the most effective way to do that in WW at this current time. For that reason I choose to highlight the strength of WW without relying on such tactics.

Mind you with infused potion cooldown the up time of clever alchemist is significantly higher.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever tried it?

It works because of a broken mechanic that will more than likely be patched. Now the question is are you willing to invest in something knowing it's broken and knowing it is on the chopping block. If you want to play something as exploitative as possible torugs is probably the most effective way to do that in WW at this current time. For that reason I choose to highlight the strength of WW without relying on such tactics.

Mind you with infused potion cooldown the up time of clever alchemist is significantly higher.

Torug worked good on werewolf pre-murkmire as well tho, so even with the bug fixed it will still be a reliable option.