The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds Werewolf Game-play

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Just thought about something. What do you think about Torugs for WW? You could pair it with green blood or plague doctor to keep your high health and given that most of our damage comes for light attacks, Torugs could have a pretty high uptime, giving more consistent damage that clever alchemist.

Ever tried it?

It works because of a broken mechanic that will more than likely be patched. Now the question is are you willing to invest in something knowing it's broken and knowing it is on the chopping block. If you want to play something as exploitative as possible torugs is probably the most effective way to do that in WW at this current time. For that reason I choose to highlight the strength of WW without relying on such tactics.

Mind you with infused potion cooldown the up time of clever alchemist is significantly higher.

Torug worked good on werewolf pre-murkmire as well tho, so even with the bug fixed it will still be a reliable option.

I know I’ve been using this for 2+ months and can’t wait till the “fix”

Right now the glyphs proc on whoever has a dot on them. Now it will go back to being available on every light attack.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just thought about something. What do you think about Torugs for WW? You could pair it with green blood or plague doctor to keep your high health and given that most of our damage comes for light attacks, Torugs could have a pretty high uptime, giving more consistent damage that clever alchemist.

Ever tried it?

It works because of a broken mechanic that will more than likely be patched. Now the question is are you willing to invest in something knowing it's broken and knowing it is on the chopping block. If you want to play something as exploitative as possible torugs is probably the most effective way to do that in WW at this current time. For that reason I choose to highlight the strength of WW without relying on such tactics.

Mind you with infused potion cooldown the up time of clever alchemist is significantly higher.

Torug was only broken at murkmire release because it procced off weapon's dots. So it never had any impact on WW, since they don't have weapons skills while transformed. Anyway, that got changed about 1-2 week after pc murkmire release, so what you get now is what you will always get.

Us console plebs can still abuse it on our non-ww toons, but after the patch, it will be just as good as it is now on ww. Enchants will always proc every 2 seconds, as long as you light attack. With 2 enchants (DW before morphing), you get an average of 1 enchant proc per second. Put stam absorb, oblivion (or disease if you chose claws of life) and dig you way through victory, through you opponent's bodies.

Now, if you ask if this is brokenly op, this is a completly different and legitimate question.
    XBox One - NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ever tried it?

Torug was only broken at murkmire release because it procced off weapon's dots. So it never had any impact on WW, since they don't have weapons skills while transformed. Anyway, that got changed about 1-2 week after pc murkmire release, so what you get now is what you will always get.

Us console plebs can still abuse it on our non-ww toons, but after the patch, it will be just as good as it is now on ww. Enchants will always proc every 2 seconds, as long as you light attack. With 2 enchants (DW before morphing), you get an average of 1 enchant proc per second. Put stam absorb, oblivion (or disease if you chose claws of life) and dig you way through victory, through you opponent's bodies.

Now, if you ask if this is brokenly op, this is a completly different and legitimate question.

It´s broken because it currently procs of werewolf light attack bleed.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Ever tried it?

It´s broken because it currently procs of werewolf light attack bleed.

Are you *** serious??? Even on pc? Now that is some broken ***.
    XBox One - NA
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    My main WW setup back when..I think summerset came out, or came out onto PTS was Trollking/Shackle/7th legion, me and Sribes we running this build for a few weeks and we were just wrecking people, it was great fun. It's funny to see that this (or close to) build we randomly made months ago is now kind of the "go to" if you will for WWs. That's dope.
    The Ugly Orcling - EP Orc Stam Sorc
    Thorlarex Sah'Kriid - EP Sorcerer
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
    Serriah Sah'Kriid - DC Nightblade
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @iRageGGB , sribes is a name I haven’t heard in a long, long time.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    iRageGGB wrote: »
    My main WW setup back when..I think summerset came out, or came out onto PTS was Trollking/Shackle/7th legion, me and Sribes we running this build for a few weeks and we were just wrecking people, it was great fun. It's funny to see that this (or close to) build we randomly made months ago is now kind of the "go to" if you will for WWs. That's dope.

Before they changed the heal to be based off your health I ran almost exactly that just preplaced 7th with auto. o:)
    Edited by Typical_T_ReX on November 20, 2018 4:43PM
  • RiskyBiz
    RiskyBiz
    I like pie
    PC NA
    GOD OF PIE
    HIRCINE'S CHOSEN ONE (CURRENTLY MAKING WEREWOLF GREAT)
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same thing happened to me with running torugs on a WW. Been doing this for about 2 months before the PTS came out. Now people cry because I kill them with it because it’s Meta.
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @iRageGGB , sribes is a name I haven’t heard in a long, long time.

Yeah he quit a long time ago, me and him came back, did a WW build, and then he left again. ESO really turned Sribes away after Zenimax banned Lemur for a BS reason. And he isn't going to come back, he is done with ESO.

I'm just messing around with PvE content now, since PvP has been broken for years.
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭

Before they changed the heal to be based off your health I ran almost exactly that just preplaced 7th with auto. o:)

it was a great setup
    Koolio wrote: »

Same thing happened to me with running torugs on a WW. Been doing this for about 2 months before the PTS came out. Now people cry because I kill them with it because it’s Meta.

Yeah we messed around with torugs as well, it didn't work out too well because it made us too squishy in Cyrodiil, I think that's the reason we didn't use it. Might've been because oblivion enchant wasn't in yet.
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what do u think of bloodspawn for ww?
    Edited by rabidmyers on November 21, 2018 11:39AM
    at a place nobody knows
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

Completly wasted once you transform. I wouldn't go that route.
    XBox One - NA
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭

Completly wasted once you transform. I wouldn't go that route.

In a nut shell. I play to get to werewolf and stay in wolf so bloodspawn doesn't help me so much. If you are looking for resistances two one piece bonuses or the 2 piece of mighty chudans is good.
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome video.

I'm currently using Troll King, 7th legion weapons and jewels and medium Bone Pirate gear on my argonian stamsorc.

Since I'm poor as dirt and haven't a lot of time for grinding gear, would it be viable to keep Troll King, pair with 7th legion heavy gear - which I do have and which also procs TK - and some sort of set like Plague Doctor for jewels and weapons?

In all, which would you recommend for the 3rd set there?

Cheers for any reply and thanks for sharing your suggestions with us.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently at work, will watch later. Never played a WW, but I'm thinking of making one for my stamSorc, since he's pretty weak in pvp now.

The main thing I don't understand yet : what affects the transformation duration? I see there is passives that affect it, but I also saw comments saying not to transform as soon as you have enough ultimate. Does total ulti and ulti gen affects transformation duration? A little bit like overload?

It does not function similar to overload. You may have heard not to transform as soon as you get it because the transformation itself acts as a free fear to those around you when you do transform. So if you transform in the middle of no where you gain nothing from the fear. If you are being attacked and transform it CC's them and gives you a chance to turn the tide.

The only things that will keep you in WW longer are having more WW's or doing damage.

And leaping and feeding. Leaping alone allows you to permawolf.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does WW handles in Cyro? Cp and no cp?

Very strong in Cyrodil CP, challenging in imp city, and okay in no cp, but no cp hurts werewolf more than any class because werewolf has the highest potential damage increase from cp. You're losing like half your damage.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I have some torugs but I'm really liking my troll king, acuity, ravager set up as well as my perma-sprint darkstride, prisoners, kena setup. I hit 7300 weapon damage with 100% crit in the former, and the latter is really the most fun way to play perma-wolf.
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭
    Aedrion wrote: »
    Awesome video.

I'm currently using Troll King, 7th legion weapons and jewels and medium Bone Pirate gear on my argonian stamsorc.

Since I'm poor as dirt and haven't a lot of time for grinding gear, would it be viable to keep Troll King, pair with 7th legion heavy gear - which I do have and which also procs TK - and some sort of set like Plague Doctor for jewels and weapons?

In all, which would you recommend for the 3rd set there?

Cheers for any reply and thanks for sharing your suggestions with us.

7th is a fine set as the weapon dmg scales with the WW passives nicely while benefiting from heavy armor. I've thought about plague a few times in replacement of greenpact. I'm not sure which you mean by 3rd set. Do you mean monster set or which other 5 piece?

Monster set I always recommend pirate skeleton it's my personal favorite and I believe it's the strongest.

For the 5 piece defense set I'd go with green pact or plague dr. Both would be very strong. If you go the TK route you'll want to go green pact definitely for the extra health regen, but if you go as I suggest you should try plague dr and let me know!

Offense sets are plentiful and many are good. 7th is perfectly fine if that's what you have already. Clever is another good set that's easy to get which goes well with WW for the health bonuses. I like automaton personally.

Sorry for delayed response. WW is broken right now to the point of being exploitative. That's not why I play WW and rather see WW fixed before I spend much more time on it. I don't mind how others choose to play, but I have other characters to tinker with while WW is.. Well over-tuned because of a bug.