Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best looking armor (IYO)

EQBallzz
EQBallzz
✭✭✭✭✭
In general I love the art style of ESO. I think for an MMO the world and atmosphere is really great even though the game seems to be running worse on my greatly improved system of today than it ran on my lesser system at launch (but that is for another topic). There is something just a little bit off with the character models (there is something out of proportion or wrong that I just can't exactly place) but mostly they look pretty good.

The armor I do have a few gripes with. First of all..most of the armor just look painted on like it's made out of spandex or something. I'm sure this is done for performance so I won't complain too much on that. The other gripe I have are the shoulders and those ridiculous hip mud flaps that are present in nearly all armor for some reason. Sadly, the only parts of most armor that doesn't look painted on are the shoulders, helm/hat and these mud flaps but they generally don't help to give armor much depth. Thankfully, the shoulders aren't as ridiculous as WoW but most do sort of just float above the shoulders in a silly way and just look bad.

There are a few exceptions which is why the necromancer set is my favorite set of armor. It just looks brilliant (IMO). The shoulders look great. The hood is amazing. The rest of the armor has great detail. Even the hip mud flaps are nowhere to be found. It also has a great set bonus.

OVc8gjf.jpg

So that is my favorite armor that I have seen. I'm curious to see what others think and what their favorite armor looks like (and why you like it). Post some pics! I want to see any and all rivals to this brilliant armor set!
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer different weights and sets depending on the slot. There is not a single style that I would run in all slots.

I always hide my head gear, I use four pieces of light (shoulders, waist, hands and feet), one heavy (legs) and one medium (chest) in my outfits.
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on November 5, 2018 11:44PM
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm not a fan of the hip-mounted mud flaps. Also don't care for the ubiquitous loin-cloth style.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it's boring to use same set for all the armor, only exception is ebonheart pact - it has such deep black color which i can't achieve, at least with my dues, so i keep it uncolored and it looks really great in default color (at least for imperial male on which i use it).
    As for the other styles I like scalecaller, mazzatun, ebonshadow, grim harlequin, assassins league - they all match good between each other and you may receive interesting combinations.
    Also there are cool new sets from MoS and MHK, but they are only available as armor...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer different weights and sets depending on the slot. There is not a single style that I would run in all slots.

Same here.

There isn’t really one single armor style ... in fact, all my characters wear different styles. Which is probably a nod to the Art Team for creating so many awesome looking sets.

Here are two (2) pics of my Stam DK with a mix of Dead-Water light chest (new motif), Mazzatun light skirt, Celestial light gloves, Tsaesci Shield, and the Skyforge Smith Hammer.

1VOL1nr.png

PIZmJsc.png

On the other hand, here is a pic of my Stamina Warden in all Telvanni (except a Ravaging Greatsword in default Ebony style).

G6XFk2P.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 6, 2018 5:46AM
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I always hide my head gear, I use four pieces of light (shoulders, waist, hands and feet), one heavy (legs) and one medium (chest) in my outfits.

I always did this on my Templar. It's been a long time but iirc I would do a mixture of heavy and light that worked out pretty well and looked pretty good but I normally just mixed weights of the same set as opposed to mixing different set pieces together.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's a lot of good looking armor in the game. I gotta go with light Apostle though.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    high elf light
  • VikingBerserker
    VikingBerserker
    ✭✭✭
    pit daemon
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I use costumes...….. armour always disappoints me!

Especially the way it dyes...…. or more to the point doesn't dye :(
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm honestly stll waiting for the day they give us the option to hide individual slot pieces, not just the helmet. i want my sexy ass nord werewolf running around bare chested.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the mechanical look of the Apostle style on tanks and ebonshadow gear for stam/thieves. I like clockwork styles.

my mage runs morag tong robes and barbaric accessories to give her a spooky nercomancer look.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I of course use various styles and weights, but I often find mercenary pieces in my outfits; the shoulder is smallish and subtle and the chest pieces look good. I also have an awesome outfit that combines minotaur, bloodroot and dreadhorn styles; love all three of those styles. Ebon is good too but it has a very specific look that makes it not blend well with many other styles.

In general the older armors have that painted on look that just sucks; they are also low res and don't dye well. I wish we could hide shoulders because some light armor looks just don't go well with the bulky shoulders. I'm ok with some of the mud flaps but others just ruin the armor. In some cases I like the kilt look they have been using.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the order of hour heavy helm/chest, mercenary heavy (all pieces) and bloodforge heavy helm. Most of my characters are wearing pieces from these motifs.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite overall is Xivkyn (seen as it's pretty much the Daedric style from Skyrim).

However, I usually have a mash up of the following as I find it works really well when you have the Psijic body markings:

Head - Hide Helmet
    Chest - Argonian Jack 1
    Shoulders - Minotaur Pauldrons
    Hands - Prisoners Chains
    Waist - Tsaesci Sash
    Legs - Celestial Breeches
    Feet - Ancient Orc Shoes

As I'm a Mag player I use Xivkyn staves with this getup.
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • Da_Leroy
    Da_Leroy
    For me it's boring to use same set for all the armor, only exception is ebonheart pact - it has such deep black color which i can't achieve, at least with my dues...

Finish the main story quest, you'll be awarded with couldharbour ash black, this black is the darkest black in eso.

• Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minotaur+Order of the Hour, because who dislikes gladiators?

Mazatun, because sometimes you want to show off your beautiful tatoo.

Bloodroot Vine color on metal parts of your armor is actually looking as gold, a very shiny traditional gold. But on cloth parts it's some mix of orange/red which looks awful.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on November 6, 2018 8:32AM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like that there is a lot of variation. Don't like the hip flaps either and the huge amount of clipping issues. Especially finding a shield that doesn't clip through shoulder pieces or the back of the head when it's on my back was a chore.

On a related note: I'm not overly concerned about armor and weapons looking realistic and/or practical but the new Dead Water motif leaving the most vulnerable part of the body, the stomach, unprotected, even in heavy armor does turn me off.
    Edited by Everstorm on November 6, 2018 8:48AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun. Cause everyone knows Skirts offer the best defensive stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAd0zAFMTI
    Edited by ArchMikem on November 6, 2018 9:17AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    Ordinator armor (Dunmer suits). It comes from an older game where they put effort into making the armor functional as well as aesthetically-pleasing. Very little of the armor unique to ESO is really all that protective if one goes by its design, heaviest suits aside.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like all the Vvardenfell armor styles (and Buoyant Armiger except for a helmet and pauldrons). Abbah's Watch is nice too. And Dragonlair DLC dungeon motifs
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Da_Leroy wrote: »
    For me it's boring to use same set for all the armor, only exception is ebonheart pact - it has such deep black color which i can't achieve, at least with my dues...

Finish the main story quest, you'll be awarded with couldharbour ash black, this black is the darkest black in eso.

I have been told Legate Black is the one true black.

Anyway, my main wears:

Head hide your helm
    Shoulders Imperial light 1
    Chest Bosmer jack 1
    Waist Bosmer sash 1
    Hands Mazzatun
    Legs Dagerfall greaves
    Feet Breton shoes 1
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ty, being cp550 i still got stuck with boredom in half of main quest of every alt, now i’ll have purpose to finish it 💪
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Call me old fashioned but I like heavy daggerfall motif the most. Goes well with any color combination, doesn't disappear with a tabard, simple, yet very detailed at the same time.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see potential in all the sets that have high detail on ultra high settings. Some sets are just blurry low resolution sets, or a small pattern has clearly been stretched to fit and looks ugly, while others are incredibly ornate and detailed.

A lot of the fun is figuring out what goes together, what materials dye similarly, etc.

My current favorite is clockwork, but I have several I really like.
    1SnLsJ5.jpg

Ashlander/Barbarian:
    Screenshot_20181030_144735.png

Edited by tactx on November 6, 2018 2:23PM
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found out that the Necromancer set I posted in the OP is no longer dropping in the game? It was replaced with a withered hand set at the time of Tamriel One? :(

Why did they do that? It looks so bad in comparison. Bleh.
  • Fishoscandi
    Fishoscandi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only style that I like every piece of is mercenary :smile:
    Fishoscandi - Orc NB
    Cookie of Dough - Dunmer Templar
    Smells Like Tree Spirit - Bosmer Sorc

EU PC

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I figure that wpuld be the legates black from pvp
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    I like heavy Sapiarch right now
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • EQBallzz
    EQBallzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EQBallzz wrote: »
    Just found out that the Necromancer set I posted in the OP is no longer dropping in the game? It was replaced with a withered hand set at the time of Tamriel One? :(

Why did they do that? It looks so bad in comparison. Bleh.

Since this set doesn't drop anymore but I do have a set on my sorc..is there a way to use the outfit or transmute system to get the look of the set on another character?
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big fan of medium Outlaw style. Just looks clean. I love the duster-ish style of mercenary light chest armor.

And the new divine restoration looks pretty good. I've seen some people about that make heavy imperial look really badass.