Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Event Ticket recomendation.

Davor
Davor
✭✭✭✭✭
This has been said many times, but I never seen how it should be fixed in stead of "fix it". I didn't get many tickets, and not sure why. 24 hour timer? 20 hour timer? I swear two days have passed and I still got no event ticket. Is it because I got a (forget the name) loot bag before the timer expired? Like I get one event ticket say at 9pm. Say a 24 hour timer reset, but I got another loot bag at 8:30pm the next day. Then at 9:15pm, I get another loot bag but no ticket because I already got a loot bag that same day?

How ever it is done, it should be explained more clearly, especially for old farts like me who don't know how to play MMO games properly. What I suggest is a timer as others have said. Just like how we have food timers or drink timers or timers when we drink the witches potion or timers like how we use experience scrolls. Why can't we have a timer for event tickets as well? They can be in the same place when we go to character and see all the buffs and what not we have.

The last two weeks of playing ESO wasn't as much fun because I was getting frustrated in not getting these event tickets I just gave up. What is the point if we are not having fun? I don't know if another way would be better, but I think a timer like how we have already for the things I mentioned would help in having more fun in the game. After all isn't that is why we play ESO? To have fun and not become a chore?

I don't know how to tag Gina or Jessica. Can someone tag them for me or who we should be tagging to see if we can get something done?
Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have 12 already? Can only have 12 max
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Do you have 12 already? Can only have 12 max

I only have like 6 on Xbox and 5 on PC. Not upset, it is what it is. Just disappoint that the last two weeks of trying to play ESO wasn't a very enjoyable experience for not understanding why. Once I gave up on it, I enjoyed ESO again.

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sad to say, i had no issues with the tickets at all. Got one with my first dremora skull per day, so i'm now at 14 (spended ten already for the feather).
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd change the title of the discussion, as you're really asking for a clarification, not for advices.

As for tagging people, if you just write the "At" character in your post followed by the first letters of the username the page gives you a list from which you can pick the full name: for ZOS account writing "(At)ZOS" is enough to get them listed.

By the way, I'll tag them for you @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Edited cause the post was just a big tag, somehow
    Edited by albesca on October 31, 2018 3:44PM
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much @albesca. I didn't do the ZOS_ part. That is why it didn't work for me. What I am asking for is if ZOS can make the next season of event tickets more easier for people like me who are having trouble getting them. As I said I swear I waited over 24 hours and still not getting anything. With a timer I would understand why I never got it then.

Getting an event ticket could be like drinking the witches potion. Once taken a timer activates till it expires. Sorry if I didn't make it clear.

• Saladin
    Saladin
    ✭✭✭
    The tickets are on a 20 hr timer.
    As to why you didn't get one if you let 2 days pass, if you got a gold skull on those days, I have no idea.
    I fortunately did not have any problem with the event tickets. Logged in at around 7pm every day and killed one of the bosses that dropped a gold skull. The event ticket comes along-side it.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    What I am asking for is if ZOS can make the next season of event tickets more easier for people like me who are having trouble getting them. As I said I swear I waited over 24 hours and still not getting anything. With a timer I would understand why I never got it then.

I totally agree, these indipendent cooldowns are confusing at best.
    I understand that a 20 hour cooldown, if managed perfectly, allows us to get 6 tickets (or skulls) in 5 days, but that's not what's happening for most of us.
    I feel rather lucky, having got a ticket almost every day (I missed only the day Murkmire went live cause the server were under maintenance for my entire gaming time window).
    PC EU

• Meesha1170
    Meesha1170
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ended up getting enough tickets but it was because I had to make a conscious effort to time my gameplay around a 20 hr timer which is poor implementation imo.

Had they just allowed the event ticket timer to reset with the servers it would have been vastly easier.

If they keep it as is, with the holidays coming up, family, going out of town, work hours, you know, the things that are more important than playing an MMO, then people are going to be hard pressed to get enough tickets if they’re forced to stick to a 20 hr timer which doesn’t allow for flexibility.

Fortunately, it appears the Clockwork City event will grant more opportunities for acquiring tickets which will help alleviate prior deficits and I believe the Impresario will still be selling feathers from prior events.

My recommendation to ZOS, end that stupid ill conceived timer.
    Edited by Meesha1170 on October 31, 2018 3:52PM
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been said many times, but I never seen how it should be fixed in stead of "fix it". I didn't get many tickets, and not sure why. 24 hour timer? 20 hour timer? I swear two days have passed and I still got no event ticket. Is it because I got a (forget the name) loot bag before the timer expired? Like I get one event ticket say at 9pm. Say a 24 hour timer reset, but I got another loot bag at 8:30pm the next day. Then at 9:15pm, I get another loot bag but no ticket because I already got a loot bag that same day?

How ever it is done, it should be explained more clearly, especially for old farts like me who don't know how to play MMO games properly. What I suggest is a timer as others have said. Just like how we have food timers or drink timers or timers when we drink the witches potion or timers like how we use experience scrolls. Why can't we have a timer for event tickets as well? They can be in the same place when we go to character and see all the buffs and what not we have.

The last two weeks of playing ESO wasn't as much fun because I was getting frustrated in not getting these event tickets I just gave up. What is the point if we are not having fun? I don't know if another way would be better, but I think a timer like how we have already for the things I mentioned would help in having more fun in the game. After all isn't that is why we play ESO? To have fun and not become a chore?

I don't know how to tag Gina or Jessica. Can someone tag them for me or who we should be tagging to see if we can get something done?
    Remember that event tickets are not in the Dremora skull. They are a separate piece of loot from the first boss of the day. Easy to miss if you do not loot everything from the boss.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been able to get the event tickets (mainly through following the situation closely on the forum, and making sure I keept track of when I get each one) but I agree it could be much clearer. IMO a big improvement would be for ZOS to pick a time and have that be the reset for all daily events, quests, drops etc. - if you can do it once per day then you can do it once in each 24 hour period and they all reset together. It doesn't matter when that is as long as it's the same time every day and the same time for everything that resets daily.

Failing that a timer would be a big help so you can check when you last got one and when you should next be eligible to get another one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I've been able to get the event tickets (mainly through following the situation closely on the forum, and making sure I keept track of when I get each one) but I agree it could be much clearer. IMO a big improvement would be for ZOS to pick a time and have that be the reset for all daily events, quests, drops etc. - if you can do it once per day then you can do it once in each 24 hour period and they all reset together. It doesn't matter when that is as long as it's the same time every day and the same time for everything that resets daily.

Failing that a timer would be a big help so you can check when you last got one and when you should next be eligible to get another one.

Another way to manage this is a progressive cap: on the first day of the event you can get up to 1 ticket (or whatever), on the second you can get up to 2 tickets and so on.
    That way you could not hoarde tickets or feather, but you could theoretically get all the tickets on the last day of the event, if you couldn't log in previously.
    PC EU

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    carlos424 wrote: »
    Remember that event tickets are not in the Dremora skull. They are a separate piece of loot from the first boss of the day. Easy to miss if you do not loot everything from the boss.

Yes I know. That is a very good reminder though. It's the first thing I do now, once they are killed. I go straight to them to claim my prizes and I do it one at a time now since clicking get all didn't work and even doing it one at a time didn't work for me either.

• Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is ineasy to track even with PC addons same as trials weekly quests.

but it was clear from article - 1 ticket for account with ANY first gold skull you get

with account wide cooldown of 20 hours

which means if you for example play on dayly basis every evening at same time

you won't have any problems with getting tickets.

personally i would prefer cooldown reset at the same for all dailyes ( like crafting)

and trials reset on specific day but we have what we have...
    Edited by Darkenarlol on October 31, 2018 4:17PM
  • RayneHalo
    RayneHalo
    ✭✭✭

I logged in almost every day, got gold skulls every time I logged in, only have 5 feathers so idk how they are done lol I do log in at varies times.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EDIT: I had misread/misremembered an old article and stated inaccurate information, which I have now removed.
    Edited by DragonRacer on November 1, 2018 11:33AM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, this might be a very stupid question, but I have 12 tickets from this event, how do I exchange them for a feather(s)?
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    every day I logged on at about the same time of the day, killed a world boss, got my ticket =)

Gold Plunders Skulls had 20h cd, but the event ticket had 24h cd. So kinda wierd you went 2 days without tickets.

What I know could happen (happened to a friend of mine). He logged on earlier one day than the previously, he then went and cleared all the gold plunder skulls he could get. After that he realised he did not get a ticket and he had no more gold plunders for the day. But he got a ticket the day after ALOT earlier on the day than his initial cd was before he skipped a day.

A good tip for next event:
    - Do the daily quest AFTER the ticket CD is over. (if you did them 8 o'clock one day, you can't go and do them earlier the next day)
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why OP did not get many tickets. The tickets were on a 20 hour timer and it did not require getting a dremora skull to get a ticket, it just required getting a skull. Even with minimal participation each day 10 tickets would have been easy to acquire.

iirc, we have about 80 chances to get 40 tickets between all 4 events. Plenty of time to make up for missing tickets.

Edit: I agree Zos should have explained clearly since it was a hodgepodge of 8 timers. What would have been best is if it all reset at a specific time but Zos likes to make things more difficult.
    Edited by idk on October 31, 2018 8:19PM
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyingSwan wrote: »
    Now, this might be a very stupid question, but I have 12 tickets from this event, how do I exchange them for a feather(s)?

There's a vendor in each beginner zone (for the Dominion it's in Auridon, just north of Vulkhel Guard) called the Impresario that sells the feather for 10 tickets
    PC EU

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Talk to the Impresario outside Davon's Watch, Daggerfall or Vukhel Guard and trade them for a feather.
    The Moot Councillor
  • FlyingSwan
    FlyingSwan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »

There's a vendor in each beginner zone (for the Dominion it's in Auridon, just north of Vulkhel Guard) called the Impresario that sells the feather for 10 tickets
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Talk to the Impresario outside Davon's Watch, Daggerfall or Vukhel Guard and trade them for a feather.

Thank you both.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like it if they added a clock to the game (real-world time, not Tamriel time) and at midnight all the ~things~ reset. It wouldn't make any difference to players which time zone it was set to (GMT is the only real time, all over timezones are mickey mouse. :P ). This would also have the extra benefit of making it easier to organise guild events where players are spread across time zones.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah i still dont know how many and what dailies cound in clockwork city... it seems to imply them all but idk what all means... dailies, world bosses, delves? do u just need 4 of any or are there 4 dailies idk about cause i have never done anything in clockwork city but get shards and some of the main quest, the feel of it is too depressing lol.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »
    I ended up getting enough tickets but it was because I had to make a conscious effort to time my gameplay around a 20 hr timer which is poor implementation imo.

Had they just allowed the event ticket timer to reset with the servers it would have been vastly easier.

If they keep it as is, with the holidays coming up, family, going out of town, work hours, you know, the things that are more important than playing an MMO, then people are going to be hard pressed to get enough tickets if they’re forced to stick to a 20 hr timer which doesn’t allow for flexibility.

Fortunately, it appears the Clockwork City event will grant more opportunities for acquiring tickets which will help alleviate prior deficits and I believe the Impresario will still be selling feathers from prior events.

Oh, but wonders of wonders, you will be able to buy feathers you missed from past events in the Crown Store!

Can't imagine why they didn't make tracking event tickets easier than a convoluted 20-hour timer tied to each boss type. Oh, no, surely no ulterior motive if folks just happened to not get their feather this time... just buy it with real money during the next event.

What a kindness.

/sarcasm

There has never been any indication that feathers would be sold in the crown store.

If they did do that then I agree it would be cheap move and players would be right to complain about it - but there's absolutely no need to make up rumours about fake ways ZOS is taking advantage of players when there's plenty of real ones to choose from. (Like the recent vampire/werewolf cure fiasco.)

The announcement specifically says you'll be able to buy previous events feathers from the NPC with event tickets.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There must have been some kind of bug on the tickets, because there was one day when I did not get a ticket on my primary account despite killing the boss at the right time. I kept careful track of when I signed in each day. Bugs in the game don’t surprise me, given how frequent they are. But the 20 hour timer certainly made it harder than necessary for people with busy schedules to keep track of exactly when they are eligible for the next day’s ticket.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Edit: I agree Zos should have explained clearly since it was a hodgepodge of 8 timers. What would have been best is if it all reset at a specific time but Zos likes to make things more difficult.

A better UI handling of all game timers would be an improvement. Simple matter of adding a tab to the Character Sheet that lists all timers for a character with a Gold Light next to account wide ones. Why a tab for this, so that they all do not appear on screen when showing the current timers on display as the API's would pull differently.

Odd timers is a huge point of confusion and frustration for players. Making this simple addition would go a long way to make a more enjoyable experience for all levels of players.

@ZOS_RobGarrett , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone keeps talking about the 20 hour cooldown for the event tickets, and that is correct, but what few mentioned, or forgot, or maybe even didn't understand, was that each of the dremora plunder skull types were also on their own respective 20 hour cooldowns as well, so that there were 8 distinct 20 hour cooldowns all running independently of each other.

The way to get a ticket was to kill a particular type of boss after its specific dremora skull cooldown ended AND the ticket's 20 hour cooldown was also ended. So because of this, it was very easy to miss a ticket because one was in cooldown but the other wasn't. At the beginning it was kinda annoying and a bit painful to try to track all of these. There were two different pc addons that helped to monitor the cooldowns, but they had to juggle a few things initially as well, before they got updates that were working as intended and as needed.

ps: it doesn't hurt to be retired and willing to keep setting the alarm clock on a 20 hour cycle...

• DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meesha1170 wrote: »

Oh, but wonders of wonders, you will be able to buy feathers you missed from past events in the Crown Store!

Can't imagine why they didn't make tracking event tickets easier than a convoluted 20-hour timer tied to each boss type. Oh, no, surely no ulterior motive if folks just happened to not get their feather this time... just buy it with real money during the next event.

What a kindness.

/sarcasm

There has never been any indication that feathers would be sold in the crown store.

If they did do that then I agree it would be cheap move and players would be right to complain about it - but there's absolutely no need to make up rumours about fake ways ZOS is taking advantage of players when there's plenty of real ones to choose from. (Like the recent vampire/werewolf cure fiasco.)

The announcement specifically says you'll be able to buy previous events feathers from the NPC with event tickets.

I'm not making up rumors, I truly thought I had read that previous tickets would be available in the Crown Store. I see I was mistaken, so I will edit my post to redact.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough, I also have not gotten a ticket for each day. When I asked about it in chat I was told that it was my fault, I had done something wrong, not logged in, not gotten the Dremora Plunder skulls, etc.

Only I *had* logged in each day, I closed out the October rewards two days early. I just missed on at least two tickets and I really don't know why.

I suspect it was a timer thing that I somehow messed up on.

I think what would be helpful for me would be some kind of countdown, which they could also add to things like the Undaunted extra rewards for random queues. Just a little counter to say how long before we can gain the rewards.

I managed to get my feather, so that's fine, but I had also hoped to have a head start for events I know I won't be able to do the full span for.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...a timer would be a big help so you can check when you last got one and when you should next be eligible to get another one.

It's not much help for the console people, but...

There is an add-on at esoui.com called Event Tickets (w/ Golden Plunder cooldowns) which does precisely that.
    I was getting frustrated because I was having trouble remembering when I received a ticket, so I checked to see if there was an add-on to keep track, and, lo and behold, there is.
    It tracks event ticket time, and the time for each version of gold Dremora Plunder Skull.

It takes up very little screen space, and as simple as it is, it has been a huge help for my apparently addled memory during this event.
    Edited by bearbelly on November 1, 2018 11:52AM