Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the oldest bug in game?

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trying to open a door.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WildWilbur wrote: »
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Being forced to relog or change zone to receive mail.

^This annoys me still...

Not sure if this is by design or a bug. They probably have your characters check for mail when you login, and at certain timed intervals during the game. If you wait long enough, you will get your mail. However, it’s usually faster if you just log off and back in, which most of us do because we are in a hurry to get our mailed goodies :)

One bug that has been around for quite sometime is the one where you have a four man premade group, you queue for a dungeon, and it says someone in your group has declined the queue request when you know that they actually haven’t. One of the many long standing Group Finder bugs.

Edited by Ashtaris on October 31, 2018 4:09PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not being able to loot a boss after the fight...If you PUG its even worst you'll fall behind or god forbid if its the final boss you can lose out on seeing what you were farming for all along...
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Att1Tude wrote: »
    When you craft anything, your hat goes off. Pls dont say this is some kind of feature. Vampires dont sweat.
    That's definitely intended and not a bug. You do different animations during different types of crafting, and for some of them (like tasting your food as you're crafting food or drinks, holding jewelry up to your eye, etc) your face can't be covered for the animation to make any sense, so the hide helmet option gets invoked. It's the same as when certain emotes (like eating or drinking) temporarily remove whatever you've got on your head.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    torchbug
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can't say this is the oldest bug, but the sprint bug (which they are aware of but apparently can't fix) has been giving me fits for over a year now. :/
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭

Just send or request 1 gold.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing since shortly after launch on consoles, and it's disheartening to have this thread remind me of the bugs that we've been suffering through for years:

1. Hard Crashes to Dashboard in Cyrodiil
    2. Unusually long load screens
    3. Mail not being received until switching zones - admittedly this seems to be working better than back in the day
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    It's still rare, but when you mount up the camera jumps all the way from yesterday till it catches up to your character.
    It's not that rare, and it drives me bloody nuts. Especially when it stutters and rewinds 10 times or more. Yeah, I grabbed my horse (okay, wolf) because I was feeling impatient and really wanted to get going, but this "only" 10 or 20 seconds that I have to sit immoble because I'm blind while the camera faffs about feels like an eternity sometimes.

Edited by vometia on October 31, 2018 5:52PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Att1Tude wrote: »
    When you craft anything, your hat goes off. Pls dont say this is some kind of feature. Vampires dont sweat.

What do you think, whats the oldest one?

Yeah it's not a "feature" cause it doesn't help you with anything. It happens though so you can feel more attached to your character while it's doing something like that.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Technically, it's animation cancelling. It wasn't really intended at first, but Devs stopped trying to fix ita dn just started designing around it which is terrible.
  • Snipress
    Snipress
    ✭✭✭

This.
    Finding beauty in negative spaces.

Officer & recruiter for Lunacy on the Xbox - NA server.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wayshrine disappearing from compas is the oldest one I remember.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snipress wrote: »

This.

Not a bug...poor design yes, but not a bug. It makes sense though.

This didn't use to be the case in WoW, really the first MMO to use this style of mail system. The system was so overloaded though for the first few months, maybe year of the game you would send something or buy it from the AH and you were lucky to get in that day, even if you changed zones, or logged out and back in. So they to put in an hour (I believe) buffer at the time to space out when stuff that is bought or sent would arrive.

So being able to log out and change zones to speed it up is getting around protective system that is place So obviously they could lower the time, but there has to be something.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some very old bugs that are still in the game:
    • doors in pvp(spam e to finally get in but you get out again)
    • stuck in combat
    • the nice spot where you get stuck at bm
    • some nice spots where you get stuck at bleakers
    • endless loading screens especial when entering a delve in cyro
    • fps drops after a long intense fight that only can be solved with a restart
    • ambush through doors
    • tooltip of oblivion enchants are not right
    • grp-finder not working
    • the teleport platforms in AA most of the time work only when all of your raid group members jump like monkeys
    • stuck in heavy attack
      [/list
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    surfing on your shield/weapon. being stuck in combat. teleport striking through geometry because the player u strike went through a door. The game forgetting you have stats in regen. The health de-sync. 'invisible players' The game prediction engine so out of sync it forgets to show u the player casting abilities. Packet scheduling reminding u u got cc'd 3 days later. Travel time abilities hitting you after death. I could do this all day.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pressing E and nothing happening.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Falling through the terrain.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I thought that was intended as well, that's a bug?

Oldest bugs I know are the Shalk's in Stonefalls. :trollface:

I think what he might be referring to is that as of late your hat does not come back on when you leave the crafting table.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zenimax.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killahsin wrote: »
    surfing on your shield/weapon. being stuck in combat. teleport striking through geometry because the player u strike went through a door. The game forgetting you have stats in regen. The health de-sync. 'invisible players' The game prediction engine so out of sync it forgets to show u the player casting abilities. Packet scheduling reminding u u got cc'd 3 days later. Travel time abilities hitting you after death. I could do this all day.
    Had more of it lately, wonder if its client only or visible to others? Had been a bit stupid if I looked unarmed in an dungeon :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They talked about this and it's not technically a bug. It's just how the server stuff works.

I'd have to agree running on horses I've seen since the game came out
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That chest in FG1 that can't be interacted with.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one were you just start doing a full heavy attack. Been around as long as I can remember, and can definitely get you killed.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Running on the back of your mount

...especially since it's been around since Oblivion...

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Animation canceling, they could not fix it so now it is a feature.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maotti wrote: »

The funny thing is that sometimes the helm goes off, and others it doesn't. I prefer it doesn't because it's really unimmersive when it does.

It seem to base on the actual helm you are wearing cover your whole face or not. Not the one you override with outfit system or costumes.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Running on the back of your mount

That is actually a Skyrim bug too.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are to many bugs in this game so it's hard to pin point what the oldest one is.