The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Need some tech advice

Mayrael
Mayrael
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I have strange issue with in game ping. I don't know am I the only one or it's more common. Here is how this works:

My ping suddenly without any reason flies high above 5k sometimes, but I don't get DC. I can see that other players around me are not affected. To eliminate connection as a reason of this I had set ping command on Google servers before to see will this change (it doesn't, it's settled down between 20-40ms), and done speed test during this spikes (resulting ~4Mb/s download and ~15-20Mb/s up). Also my firewall shows that the only network movement can be observed is some system service using less then 1% of my bandwidth while ESO uses over 99%.

Any suggestions what can cause that? Oh... I have an idea, need to do perform tracert during that spike to see routing path, maybe it's somewhere on the way but... Any other ideas? Someone else experienced something similar?
Say no to Toxic Casuals!
I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best load up something like Wireshark and just leave it running in the background, might be easier than trying to manually do checks when the spikes happen.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dan958 wrote: »
    Best load up something like Wireshark and just leave it running in the background, might be easier than trying to manually do checks when the spikes happen.

That's an awesome idea, totally forgot about it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge