The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should Argonians and Khajiit use footwear? (In Lore, not in-game).

• xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the way argonians looked in only morrowind was non canon. They started out plantigrade in arena and finished this way in eso. Similar to how arena's argonian who were just elfs with weird faces are probably not canonical argonians. Lizards are plantigrade irl anyways so it makes more sense this way. They should 100% wear shoes, I would argue even nords and orcs could get by better shoeless. Argonians back when attributes existed were very low endurance/low hp.

Khajiit on the other hand is just Bethesda/zenimax being to lazy to make separate models for all the different types of khajiit who are all supposed to be common. Its literally just the moon they are born under that changes them right? They should be quite numerous.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They probably changed Argonians and Khajiit after Morrowind to make life easier on themselves. By changing the entire shape of the leg, they saved themselves a lot of work in handling pants and shoes as well as all sorts of animation issues. They don't even really handle how these races have tails when it comes to sitting on chairs, especially chairs with backs. For convenience, no one talks about where the tail goes.

ESO doesn't answer to a third party intellectual property. They make their own and can justify or retcon anything they need to for whatever reason they need to -- including production budgets.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 22, 2019 9:47AM